Pages:
Author

Topic: [announce] Namecoin - a distributed naming system based on Bitcoin - page 50. (Read 594487 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
I like this project . One of the few altcoins that make sense and are useful. Sad to see onename and other projects move away from namecoin.
Here is our answer to that: http://blog.namecoin.org/post/130158040415/onenames-blockstore-is-much-less-secure-than
And here the ongoing discussion on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3mwtw8/onenames_blockstore_is_much_less_secure_than/

Just curious , has the bitcoin core pruning feature -prune been ported to namecoin ? This allow to run nodes with minimal hard disk requirement
We are now stay in sync with Bitcoin. I don't know if anybody has yet tried pruning. With the Namecoin blockchain still being way smaller it is a lower priority and we rather want to go towards SPV.

Activity: 688
Merit: 567
I like this project . One of the few altcoins that make sense and are useful. Sad to see onename and other projects move away from namecoin.
Just curious , has the bitcoin core pruning feature -prune been ported to namecoin ? This allow to run nodes with minimal hard disk requirement
legendary
With Onename switching to Bitcoin, will Namecoin be used at all for OpenBazaar?
Not that I know of. Onename and OpenBazaar both belong to the same VC company. Onename never answered my question about their business model so it smells like they will monetize lookups to their server (for "decentralized" data).
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
With Onename switching to Bitcoin, will Namecoin be used at all for OpenBazaar?
legendary
Is there a Namecoin slack channel?
No but there is #namecoin-dev on freenode and http://gitter.im/namecoin/lounge  (bridged)
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Is there a Namecoin slack channel?
Activity: 448
Merit: 252
Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com
ShapeShift has added a buy/sell feature to the real time market data website CoinCap.io! You can now buy or sell Namecoin straight from the market data website. Learn more about this here: http://bit.ly/1UVFZ7m

legendary
Namecoin is not dead. It just did what other scamcoins won't, and moved it's conversation to its own forum.

https://forum.namecoin.info/
Exactly.

Everybody thinking Namecoin is inactive please just take a look here: http://zmoazeni.github.io/gitspective/#/timeline/namecoin
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032
Namecoin is not dead. It just did what other scamcoins won't, and moved its conversation to its own forum.

https://forum.namecoin.info/
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
It is a pity Namecoin did not kick off at all, or all of us can be using dot bit easily Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I've had 630 namecoins in a wallet for a couple years now. When I try to send some to a exchange or different wallet I get a error that says  Error: Transaction creation failed!  Can anyone help me with this.
legendary
I hope most people who are interested in namecoin are aware that one mining pool has a majority control over the namecoin network... f2pool now controls 75% of the hashrate of namecoin. The significance of this should be readily apparent.

... this outcome maybe the inevitable result of the economic incentives due to merge-mining. And a lesser degree due to poor code-base maintenance.
We need to get one or better two of the large Bitcoin pools to merge mine Namecoin. Hopefully the new Namecoin Core, branched off current Bitcoin, will help. IIRC somebody is working on a tutorial on how to set up merged mining.

Also if we could get more users/supporters and the price would rise this would probably be solved quickly.

My point being an unmaintained, merged-mine coin basically costs more than it is worth, to more and more mining pools until there is only one and then ....
Are you sure about that (emphasis mine)?  Have you taken a look at Namecoin Core in the last couple of months?

I think I was next person after you to build it ... and build/test it regularly, so far, so good. NB: reducing feature set by removing "Manage Names" from namecore-qt whenever the upgrade officially takes place will reduce demand of nmc.

Mostly I was referring to the fragmented nature of the previous versions 0.3.50 and 0.3.80, scattered packaging and unmergeable code forking branches.

I hope you can at least recognize some of our efforts and achievements. It is easier to stand on the side and point fingers than to actually move things forward.

btw: I would be happy to further discuss the name_op GUI implementation with you. Or the roadmap...  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
I hope most people who are interested in namecoin are aware that one mining pool has a majority control over the namecoin network... f2pool now controls 75% of the hashrate of namecoin. The significance of this should be readily apparent.

... this outcome maybe the inevitable result of the economic incentives due to merge-mining. And a lesser degree due to poor code-base maintenance.
We need to get one or better two of the large Bitcoin pools to merge mine Namecoin. Hopefully the new Namecoin Core, branched off current Bitcoin, will help. IIRC somebody is working on a tutorial on how to set up merged mining.

Also if we could get more users/supporters and the price would rise this would probably be solved quickly.

My point being an unmaintained, merged-mine coin basically costs more than it is worth, to more and more mining pools until there is only one and then ....
Are you sure about that (emphasis mine)?  Have you taken a look at Namecoin Core in the last couple of months?

I think I was next person after you to build it ... and build/test it regularly, so far, so good. NB: reducing feature set by removing "Manage Names" from namecore-qt whenever the upgrade officially takes place will reduce demand of nmc.

Mostly I was referring to the fragmented nature of the previous versions 0.3.50 and 0.3.80, scattered packaging and unmergeable code forking branches.
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

Are you sure about that (emphasis mine)?  Have you taken a look at Namecoin Core in the last couple of months?
legendary
Eadem mutata resurgo

legendary

legendary
Eadem mutata resurgo

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Pages:
Jump to: