Pages:
Author

Topic: [announce] Namecoin - a distributed naming system based on Bitcoin - page 88. (Read 594428 times)

Activity: 540
Merit: 500
Default configuration in bitcoin/namecoin generate 100 addresses in your wallet. Some are visible, most are not. I guess generated blocks use non-visible addresses and doesn't set them as visible. We may consider this a minor bug ? :p
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Yes they both say ismine: true.  Grin

I still don't understand why these addresses differ from the 2 addresses I get with: namecoind.exe listreceivedbyaddress 0 true
May be it's not important, but I'm trying to understand everything that is going on Smiley

So I went to http://explorer.dot-bit.org/ and copy pasted the tx of both blocks (I have 2 now already) I discovered. The "To address" of both is different and neither matches one of the two addresses I see when I type:

namecoind.exe listreceivedbyaddress 0 true

I'm pretty sure it are the right blocks though as the first is 50.01 and the second is 50 which is correct according to the "listtransactions" command. So I am probably looking at the wrong thing or not understanding something correctly.
Now that you know your addresses, use :
Code:
validateaddress 

And you should see "ismine: true".
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Do you use an old build that only accept addresses starting with 1 ?
Thanks. This was the problem. I had thought I had tried the most recent build by downloading it and using it to send. but I neglected to stop the running namecoind and start the new one first.

Thanks for the help!
legendary
May be it's not important, but I'm trying to understand everything that is going on Smiley

So I went to http://explorer.dot-bit.org/ and copy pasted the tx of both blocks (I have 2 now already) I discovered. The "To address" of both is different and neither matches one of the two addresses I see when I type:

I'm pretty sure it are the right blocks though as the first is 50.01 and the second is 50 which is correct according to the "listtransactions" command. So I am probably looking at the wrong thing or not understanding something correctly.
In the meanwhile I have generated a block (after 12 hours @242Mhash so probably faster than expected).  I can see the balance now (4 hours after):

Code:
>namecoind.exe listtransactions

>namecoind getbalance

>namecoind getinfo

But then I try to find out which of my adresses has the namecoins and I see that both have 0. How does this work?
Code:

I don't see generated blocks too, with this command.
I only see them in listtransactions, which gives you the txid. You can paste this on blockexplorer to find your transaction then. But you don't really need to know on which address you received money. It's in your wallet and that's all that is important :p
I am having a issue with namecoid,

I am able to connect localhost with Ufasoft miner with -o http://127.0.0.1:8336 .. but if i try to connect to another computer on the network http://192.168.0.3:8336 it is unable to connect.. firewall is not blocking the port

I would just like to know if anyone else has had this issue.

since im CPU mining, solo mining (well single computer solo) is out for me already - 3767.78158122 difficulty Sad
In your config file, add :
rpcallowip=

(you can add this option several times)
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
[ Poor Miner ]
I am having a issue with namecoid,

I am able to connect localhost with Ufasoft miner with -o http://127.0.0.1:8336 .. but if i try to connect to another computer on the network http://192.168.0.3:8336 it is unable to connect.. firewall is not blocking the port

I would just like to know if anyone else has had this issue.

since im CPU mining, solo mining (well single computer solo) is out for me already - 3767.78158122 difficulty Sad
legendary
In the meanwhile I have generated a block (after 12 hours @242Mhash so probably faster than expected).  I can see the balance now (4 hours after):

Code:
>namecoind.exe listtransactions
[
    {
        "account" : "",
        "category" : "generate",
        "amount" : 50.01000000,
        "confirmations" : 139,
        "txid" : "xxxxxxxxx",
        "time" : xxxxxxxx
    }
]

>namecoind getbalance

>namecoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 32150,
    "balance" : 50.01000000,
    "blocks" : 11000,
    "connections" : 8,
    "proxy" : "",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "difficulty" : 3767.78158122,
    "hashespersec" : 0,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1307811754,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "errors" : ""
}
But then I try to find out which of my adresses has the namecoins and I see that both have 0. How does this work?
Code:
[
    {
        "address" : "xxxxxxxx",
        "label" : "",
        "amount" : 0.00000000,
        "confirmations" : 0
    },
    {
        "address" : "xxxxxxxx",
        "account" : "this",
        "label" : "this",
    }
]
Do you use an old build that only accept addresses starting with 1 ?
I'm very excited by the Namecoin project. I pointed ~300Mh/s at the network last night. By mid-morning today I had a message of "1 ACCEPTED" on my miner. Now when I use namecoind getinfo, I still see a 0.000000 balance. What's up with that? What am I missing?

You will be credited 50 NMC when the block you generated is confirmed. Your block is considered confirmed after 120 more blocks have been generated after yours. It takes about 18-20 hrs.

Ah. I understand. Thanks so much for the response.
-edit-
They have shown up in the getinfo request. Any idea why I would get an "Invalid Bitcoin Address" when I try to send them to exchange.bitparking.com with namecoind?
Activity: 48
I'm very excited by the Namecoin project. I pointed ~300Mh/s at the network last night. By mid-morning today I had a message of "1 ACCEPTED" on my miner. Now when I use namecoind getinfo, I still see a 0.000000 balance. What's up with that? What am I missing?

You will be credited 50 NMC when the block you generated is confirmed. Your block is considered confirmed after 120 more blocks have been generated after yours. It takes about 18-20 hrs.
When I try to send NMC with namecoind sendtoaddress
50 I get an error message of "Invalid Bitcoin Address". Any suggestions? I've done some googling and haven't found any thing to try.
legendary
Thanks for the explanation.

I knew about namecoind help, I was just hoping for a help for each command (like namecoind commandname help).

Now let's see if i can mine some namecoins @ 242 Mhash Smiley
Use : namecoind listtransactions
That's the only way to view immature blocks. They will appear in your balance 120 blocks after being discovered.

To view the help, use : namecoind help

1) To which address am I mining?
One of the 2 default addresses (or another one still not visible). No problem.

2) How the hell did I get 2 addresses? I was messing around with the commands to find how the hell I could find my address back for later reference and probably ended up making a second. Very weird.
A new address is generated each send/receive transaction, so you will get more.
Use : "namecoind help" to see all commands.

3) Why do I have two accounts? What does that even mean I only have one wallet.dat for Namecoin.....
Accounts are tags to group balances of several addresses together and view result with "namecoind listaccounts". You can create the number of accounts you want so, they are all in your wallet.

4) what are the arguments of listreceivedbyaddress?
Code:
./namecoind help listreceivedbyaddress
listreceivedbyaddress [minconf=1] [includeempty=false]
[minconf] is the minimum number of confirmations before payments are included.
[includeempty] whether to include addresses that haven't received any payments.
Returns an array of objects containing:
  "address" : receiving address
  "account" : the account of the receiving address
  "amount" : total amount received by the address
  "confirmations" : number of confirmations of the most recent transaction included

datguywhowanders > yes, but if you find a new mac binary, say it to me, i'll add it to the dot-bit wiki
Activity: 112
According to the Namecoin wiki, the address naming convention for Namecoin addresses has changed to now have them start with an N or M. The Mac Binary I have only provides addresses that start with a 1. Will these still work?
legendary
Similar question here. If my bitcoin.conf in the C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Namecoin ha the following in it:

rpcuser=your_user
rpcpassword=your_pass
rpcport=8336
daemon=1

And I run phoenix.exe with the following info:

phoenix.exe -u http://your_user:your_pass@localhost:8336/ device=0 -k phatk VECTORS BFI_INT AGGRESSION=11 FASTLOOP=false WORKSIZE=128

is it mining solo for my account? It seems to work because it says disconnected from server when I stop namecoind from running. However when I type:

[
    {
        "address" : "ADDRESS1",
        "label" : "",
    },
    {
        "address" : "ADDRESS2",
        "account" : "this",
        "label" : "this",
    }
]

1) To which address am I mining?
2) How the hell did I get 2 addresses? I was messing around with the commands to find how the hell I could find my address back for later reference and probably ended up making a second. Very weird.
3) Why do I have two accounts? What does that even mean I only have one wallet.dat for Namecoin.....
4) what are the arguments of listreceivedbyaddress?

Note: this is quite complicated without a command line help function for the different functions.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
I know it worths the effort, but I can't seem to make it work on linux, on windows it's ok, but my cards are on the linux machine...
I'll give it another try tomorow.
Just opened a thread for the install guide bounty. Post your pledge here: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=14787.0

Thanks.

Install the required prequisites mentioned in the build-unit.txt documentation. Build with:

make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=

See here: http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz/2011/05/12/namecoin-a-dns-alternative-based-on-bitcoin.html
Crs
Activity: 107
I know it worths the effort, but I can't seem to make it work on linux, on windows it's ok, but my cards are on the linux machine...
I'll give it another try tomorow.
Just opened a thread for the install guide bounty. Post your pledge here: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=14787.0

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: