Pages:
Author

Topic: [announce] Namecoin - a distributed naming system based on Bitcoin - page 89. (Read 594428 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
To Crs

You need build miniupnp first.
Read file "build-unix.txt" in namecoin source dir
for namecoin build requirements.
I give up, too many errors for me. Maybe someone will post a complete install guide...

root@nmcpc:/usr/local/miniupnpd-1.5.20110528# make -f Makefile.linux install
cc -Wall -Os -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-strict-aliasing -Wstrict-prototypes    -c -o netfilter/iptcrdr.o netfilter/iptcrdr.c
netfilter/iptcrdr.c:17:22: fatal error: iptables.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [netfilter/iptcrdr.o] Error 1
root@nmcpc:/usr/local/miniupnpd-1.5.20110528#

Take a walk and have some coffee.  Namecoin is worth the effort.

I'll help by offering 1 BTC to the first person to write a complete Namecoin installation guide.
Crs
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
To Crs

You need build miniupnp first.
Read file "build-unix.txt" in namecoin source dir
for namecoin build requirements.
I give up, too many errors for me. Maybe someone will post a complete install guide...

root@nmcpc:/usr/local/miniupnpd-1.5.20110528# make -f Makefile.linux install
cc -Wall -Os -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-strict-aliasing -Wstrict-prototypes    -c -o netfilter/iptcrdr.o netfilter/iptcrdr.c
netfilter/iptcrdr.c:17:22: fatal error: iptables.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [netfilter/iptcrdr.o] Error 1
root@nmcpc:/usr/local/miniupnpd-1.5.20110528#
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
I wan't to run a Namecoin DNS Server on my VPS and on my server here on Chile, how I can do it? Maybe i'm blind but i can't find a way to do it yet.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
i am trying to get the client running on windows, but i am running into some problems

I followed steps 1-4 of the guide http://dot-bit.org/InstallAndConfigureNamecoin

After starting Namecoind.exe the dos box displays the following message.

"Bitcoin: Warning: Please check that you computer's data and time are correct. If your clock is wrong bitcoin will not start properly"

i changed my date and time settings to English (US); no effect

-running Windows 7 32 Bit
-Bitcoin client is starting and running without a problem

debug.log is full of messages

-connecting to IRC
-downloading stuff...

the dos box never allows me to add commands, therefore i cannot complete the remaining steps

Activity: 112
I'm assuming there's a similar command to send namecoins?

Is there some decent documentation on the commands that go with namecoin/bitcoin on the command line?

Read up here:

List commands linux:

Code:
$./namecoind help

Thanks!
Crs

Just did that, but I get another error:

nmc@nmcpc:~/namecoin$ sudo make -f makefile.unix
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -DUSE_UPNP=0 -o obj/nogui/util.o util.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -DUSE_UPNP=0 -o obj/nogui/script.o script.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -DUSE_UPNP=0 -o obj/nogui/db.o db.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -DUSE_UPNP=0 -o obj/nogui/net.o net.cpp
net.cpp:8:32: fatal error: miniupnpc/miniwget.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/nogui/net.o] Error 1
nmc@nmcpc:~/namecoin$
Activity: 132
Merit: 14
Co-Founder of TheStandard.io & Vaultoro.com
Has anyone made an OS X compiled namecoin client so non coders like me can Do some mining?

Cheers
J
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

Is there some decent documentation on the commands that go with namecoin/bitcoin on the command line?

Read up here:

List commands linux:

Code:
$./namecoind help

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
If there's still a problem with Diablo, you should try poclbm, worked fine for me. It took about 20 minutes to download the blockchain

To see namecoin address and amount on it : ./namecoind listreceivedbyaddress 0 true
Also, how can I view my namecoin address?
Yep, I tried running Diablo against it, and it keeps saying:

[6/9/11 6:25:03 PM] ERROR: Can't connect to Bitcoin: Bitcoin returned error message: Bitcoin is downloading blocks...

But, it is also providing me with a hashing rate, which doesn't seem to make much sense...
legendary
I wanted to try this out, but I could use a little help.

I downloaded the Mac Binary, but since it appears to be console only, how can I tell once namecoind has finished downloading the namecoin blockchain?
Run a miner with your server, it will download the blockchain and then tell you when it's done
I wanted to try this out, but I could use a little help.

I downloaded the Mac Binary, but since it appears to be console only, how can I tell once namecoind has finished downloading the namecoin blockchain?
legendary
[sudo] password for nmc:
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -DUSE_UPNP=0 -o obj/nogui/util.o util.cpp
In file included from util.cpp:5:0:
headers.h:43:20: fatal error: db_cxx.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/nogui/util.o] Error 1
nmc@nmcpc:~/namecoin$ sudo make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -o obj/nogui/util.o util.cpp
compilation terminated.

Anyone now what's wrong with this ?
Install libdb4.8++-dev and it should be ok
Crs
[sudo] password for nmc:
compilation terminated.
nmc@nmcpc:~/namecoin$ sudo make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL -o obj/nogui/util.o util.cpp
compilation terminated.

Anyone now what's wrong with this ?
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348
Eadem mutata resurgo
what happends when you firstupdate before 12blocks? i lost the 25btc but cant see it in my list, is it lost or will it update when the blocks are done?

Best if you ask that question over here http://dot-bit.org/forum/index.php "Technical Support"
Activity: 105
Merit: 12
what happends when you firstupdate before 12blocks? i lost the 25btc but cant see it in my list, is it lost or will it update when the blocks are done?
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348
Eadem mutata resurgo
Does this interfere with a bitcoin installation in any way, or is it 100% separate?

They should run separately since they are different ports. There have been reports of people sending bitcoins to namecoin addresses and vice versa and apparently the client did not protest .... so be careful. Extracting namecoins from bitcoin wallets and vice versa would not be for the faint of heart.

So they use different installation directories, different 'appdata' directories, different copies (if any) of libeay32.dll... i.e. Installation and use are 100% separate?

I wasn't sure how much this relied on a bitcoin installation, if at all... I suppose that you could use Namecoins even if you have never installed or used bitcoin?

I guess it's the phrase 'based on Bitcoin' that has me asking all this.

You should be able to run namecoin on a machine that has never had bitcoin on it, yes. Doesn't rely on a bitcoin install at all. (Never done it on windows though).

"Based on" is a bad term, they mean to say it uses the same block chain technology, with an extension to include naming transactions, including but not limited to, domain naming.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Does this interfere with a bitcoin installation in any way, or is it 100% separate?

They should run separately since they are different ports. There have been reports of people sending bitcoins to namecoin addresses and vice versa and apparently the client did not protest .... so be careful. Extracting namecoins from bitcoin wallets and vice versa would not be for the faint of heart.

So they use different installation directories, different 'appdata' directories, different copies (if any) of libeay32.dll... i.e. Installation and use are 100% separate?

I wasn't sure how much this relied on a bitcoin installation, if at all... I suppose that you could use Namecoins even if you have never installed or used bitcoin?

I guess it's the phrase 'based on Bitcoin' that has me asking all this.
Pages:
Jump to: