Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] New Solidcoin Client Fully Open-Source! - page 10. (Read 23793 times)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100
The drama with CoinHunter has been going on for days and meanwhile the value of SC has been dropping. Even if SC 'appeared' to be 1.42x (or whatever) more profitable than Bitcoin, it was very risky to throw one's stakes in there. I feel sorry for those who have lost due to CH's foolishness, but it's not as if one couldn't see this coming.
Activity: 210
Those people who mined SC and held them were betting, and they bet wrong.
I'm one of 'em, sucks, but you have to be very naive indeed to believe that you're guaranteed a fantastic return for mining WhateverCoins.

SC folded, it may or may not have been predictable.  If you sold and got out in time, good job guessing right.
If you held and are now looking at a pile of nearly worthless coins, you fucked up.

Nobody but CoinHunter has any moral obligation to keep SC floating.  If someone chooses to do so then they're being very nice and you should thank them, but nobody has the right to demand SC be worked on by people other than coinhunter.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Smoothie, you said you made your 205 btc investing at the start, but in reality you sold much too early and made a large mistake. Your merely trying to find another chain so you can get rich quick. Eat a bag of dicks. 

+1

Grin
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Freelance videographer
Those who spent their time mining, should be allowed to keep their coins.

It's not about pissing off coinhunter or anyone else. It's about keeping the thousands who have spent their electricity and time mining, with their coins.

yeah,I share that sentiment.I mined a fair number of coins in less than a week and I don't want my coins to disappear.I don't care what some whining,idiot developer thinks is good for the rest of us,if he screws us around,we'll just create a fork of his works and see how he likes it then.I want to start asap for mining the SC fork so I can profit like I did the 1st time.

What is the new fork called? And where can I mine it?(which pools?)

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1257
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
Please remove or fix  /doc/readme.txt
Thanks, fix'd
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank
Please remove or fix  /doc/readme.txt

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

It's not about pissing off coinhunter or anyone else. It's about keeping the thousands who have spent their electricity and time mining, with their coins.
What are you talking about? I only forked the client, the network is exactly the same

I'm disagreeing with smoothie not you. I praise keeping the chain. My apologies for not using the quote option.
legendary

What are you talking about? I only forked the client, the network is exactly the same
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
it probably will fork though. It's not a hard thing to do, if no one else does I could probably do it.

I suspect the first person to fork it will likely get the most response from the community given what has transpired with solidcoins in the past 48 hours.

Tell that to Jackjack and also you can still use your coins on the exchanges that accept them.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0

Activity: 126
it probably will fork though. It's not a hard thing to do, if no one else does I could probably do it.
legendary
How do I get this client?Does it affect my mining of SC? Would I need to do anything differently to the official 1.04?
Basically, the only difference between solidcoin 1.04 and soldcoin 1.04 is that if you use soldcoin it will REALLY piss off the "dev", so no: same coins, same gui, same network, same everything
Excluding open-source license

Is that the entire goal? To piss him off?
For now yes, until there's a real demand for an opensource client

Then don't hold back in the pissing him off process and fork the chain entirely.

Why dont you do  it ? No Skills ?

Yeah I have no skills. I'm just supporting someone who chooses not to troll the users that are going to use the fork.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
moOo
i'd rather it not fork as I have some sc to sell

jackjack might end up saving sc

Thing with continueing is that the blockchain (at least with the "official" client) is something over 2.5GB.

was already fixed. mine dir is 90 megs
Activity: 327
we are legion
How do I get this client?Does it affect my mining of SC? Would I need to do anything differently to the official 1.04?
Basically, the only difference between solidcoin 1.04 and soldcoin 1.04 is that if you use soldcoin it will REALLY piss off the "dev", so no: same coins, same gui, same network, same everything

Then don't hold back in the pissing him off process and fork the chain entirely.

Why dont you do  it ? No Skills ?
legendary
Thing with continueing is that the blockchain (at least with the "official" client) is something over 2.5GB.  Bit much IMO.
Maybe the new client can trim that down, I don't really know how it works to be honest (Hey I should start my own fork!  I know enough right? Cheesy).

Plus, if we continue with the solidcoin blockchain we have to keep listening to CoinHunter and his baby lives.

EDIT:
Crap, I agree with Smoothie.

Good point. I dont want to have to hear his crying.
Activity: 210
Thing with continueing is that the blockchain (at least with the "official" client) is something over 2.5GB.  Bit much IMO.
Maybe the new client can trim that down, I don't really know how it works to be honest (Hey I should start my own fork!  I know enough right? Cheesy).

Plus, if we continue with the solidcoin blockchain we have to keep listening to CoinHunter and his baby lives.

EDIT:
Crap, I agree with Smoothie.  Or he agrees with me.  Either way I didn't expect that to happen!
legendary

legendary

For now yes, until there's a real demand for an opensource slc client
legendary

Good enough for me!  Now we just need an exchange...

I'd rather it was a fully fork though, that'd piss him off even more!

I think starting anew gives their solidcoin clique less of an edge in the same market. Plus yes it would piss him off more if we did a restart/fork.
Activity: 327
we are legion

Good enough for me!  Now we just need an exchange...

I'd rather it was a fully fork though, that'd piss him off even more!

There are 3 Exchanges that i know of:
https://btc-e.com/
https://solidcoin24.com
https://moonco.in
Pages:
Jump to: