Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] New Solidcoin Client Fully Open-Source! - page 11. (Read 23760 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
There is no reason those who have spent their time mining should lose what they have, only to start another fork, so that the first few miners can get rich quick.

Continue the improvements, and keep it fair.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Basically, the only difference between solidcoin 1.04 and soldcoin 1.04 is that if you use soldcoin it will REALLY piss off the "dev", so no: same coins, same gui, same network, same everything
Excluding open-source license

Good enough for me!  Now we just need an exchange...

I'd rather it was a fully fork though, that'd piss him off even more!
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
How do I get this client?Does it affect my mining of SC? Would I need to do anything differently to the official 1.04?
Basically, the only difference between solidcoin 1.04 and soldcoin 1.04 is that if you use soldcoin it will REALLY piss off the "dev", so no: same coins, same gui, same network, same everything

Is that the entire goal? To piss him off?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Have you guys got a new client for windows users yet? If yes, where could we download it from?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
How do I get this client?Does it affect my mining of SC? Would I need to do anything differently to the official 1.04?
Activity: 126
Aww, that's less exciting.
Fork it!  Make it Soldcoin just like the github directory Cheesy

fork it so it's opensource solidcoin vs coinhunter solidcoin, see which one wins.
legendary
My vote is we do a fork and start the network over. But that's just me.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Freelance videographer
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Nice work. Keep it up. Save us who spent our time mining.

Bringing SC back.
legendary
I'd live Linux binaries.
That would make me very happy.

EDIT:
Jackjack, does your system have anything in the obj directory in soldocoin?  I gitted the git and it has no such things.
I managed to reproduce the problem: I fixed it by creating an empty "obj" directory, then creating empty "nogui", "gui" and "crypto" directories inside it

Please tell me if it works

Yes that is all that is needed tried to tell the "genius programmer" he thinks he is to create those dirs in the tarball to stop all the complaints but as you can see that lead to nowhere... BTW if you want a universal binary for OSX then I can compile you one up since I have everything already set up for doing that including the work around for that in my build script. PM me if interested.

Not a fork then just a client, title is misleading.

Yeah definitely misleading, why else would I need a recompile of the client unless it was a fork?

Well if every wanting to make changes to the source then you need this.

Right, but as JackJack said they clients should be identical.
Activity: 476
moOo
and dont call it version 1.04  coinhunter already has a version 1.04 make it 1.04os or something to differentiate
legendary

+1000 AGREED Cheesy
legendary
Absolutely, thanks for pointing that out
legendary

Yeah definitely misleading, why else would I need a recompile of the client unless it was a fork?
Activity: 126
legendary
The new version in github now automatically creates the needed directories
Added that myself and turned off miniupnp in the makefile, now it compiles!
On run it ran into the .solidcoin from the previous client and borked, deleted that and now it runs, and I assume is downloading about five billion blocks.
legendary
Gets further, craps out at upnp now. 
Code:
make -f ../build/makefile.unix solidcoind
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -DNOPCH -DUSE_SSL -DUSE_UPNP=0 -o ../obj/nogui/util.o util.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -DNOPCH -DUSE_SSL -DUSE_UPNP=0 -o ../obj/nogui/script.o script.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -DNOPCH -DUSE_SSL -DUSE_UPNP=0 -o ../obj/nogui/db.o db.cpp
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -g -D__WXDEBUG__ -DNOPCH -DUSE_SSL -DUSE_UPNP=0 -o ../obj/nogui/net.o net.cpp
net.cpp: In function ‘void ThreadMapPort2(void*)’:
net.cpp:1085:63: error: too few arguments to function ‘UPNPDev* upnpDiscover(int, const char*, const char*, int, int, int*)’
/usr/include/miniupnpc/miniupnpc.h:53:1: note: declared here
net.cpp:1100:72: error: too few arguments to function ‘int UPNP_AddPortMapping(const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*)’
/usr/include/miniupnpc/upnpcommands.h:117:1: note: declared here
make: *** [../obj/nogui/net.o] Error 1

I'll try reinstalling miniupnp or whatever it is.
Try:
Code:
make -f ../build/makefile.unix solidcoind USE_UPNP=

Also, please note that I edited my previous post: to compile solidcoind, obj/nogui is needed

soo is this a new chain? or just a new client? will my coins work here?
No, yes, yes
Activity: 476
moOo
soo is this a new chain? or just a new client? will my coins work here?
Pages:
Jump to: