Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCE] New Solidcoin Client Fully Open-Source! - page 4. (Read 23760 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Not the way the rhetoric is going with these tards, and they don't care about an alternate coin, they are f'ing lying in the first place that Coinhunter is their only issue, they were bitching from the get-go, smoothie wishes he made more that 32 BTC off his early coins, wolftaur is just retaurded, Artforz is a just a dumbass who hurt a lot of people yet he is championed by the douche bags around here as some kind of hero.

It's a scam in the basis of this work is a lie, it isn't even about Coinhunter, just now that these fucks have villianized him this is their claim but go back and read the history of the posts, then go back and look at the history of the IxCoin posts ... you see a STARTLING resemblance in both.  These dumbasses have to be in control of the whole sha-bang.

I don't disagree some things Coinhunter said shouldn't have been said... the whole solid coin here when bitcoin fails article, I didn't publicize it, at that time I could see both in existence, but my experiences with these retarded people out here is changing my mind.  A good community would police it's own, and there have been and still are people in the true solid coin community speaking out against the license changes, and the article on solidcoin.info .... bitcoin on the other hand, that community is  just a bunch of fucks in the middle of a massive circle jerk.

I don't think you can group everyone here together like that, there's trolls on every board.  People seemed generally more interested in SC before the immature propaganda site went up.  None of those trolls went to the lengths of making an anti SC website, that I know of.  He's villainized himself.

If he'd ignored the trolls and treated everyone else with respect it would be doing much better.  The mining guild I was in and 2 of the three exchanges I used shut down.  I read the way CoinHunter chatted with Gavin, who hasn't done anything to him.  CH didn't invent Bitcoin, but he used the source then shit on everyone who worked on it.  Are you seriously going to argue that we should leave that guy in charge?  He doesn't know how to respect others, he's a PR nightmare for both BTC and SC, and he can't be reasoned with.
Activity: 1034
Merit: 558
.. and cryptocurrency will suffer as a whole because of this community, if this is the public face of bitcoin it won't be long for the world.

yup
Who are you kidding? They are a bunch of ass hats ... I once believed somewhat their way toward what was going on with IxCoin, then the fucktards go and make I0Coin, now they are doing the same shit here....  the real scammers are these douchebags, maybe they felt they missed the window or they are jealous, whatever, your all a bunch of lame fucks and cryptocurrency will suffer as a whole because of this community, if this is the public face of bitcoin it won't be long for the world.

Can you explain to me how the open source chain is a scam?  It sounds like mined SCs are still good in it.
Isn't it funny how "poor" SolidCoin is yet we have people writing open source clients for it, wanting to try to take control of it. If it was worthless they wouldn't want to, something to consider for the sane minds reading this thread. Smiley

You:
-Had some good ideas
-Created a currency who's success depends on more than 50% of users supporting it
-Seemingly pissed off more than 50% in all different ways

What did you think was going to happen?

I don't see you as a victim to trolls anymore, you have some control over this.  If you issued a sincere apology to the BTC community, the exchanges and guild operators, take down the hateful btc bullshit from your site, make your project truly open source again (according to standards), stop telling people to f*ck off if they don't like it and people will have less reason to create another SC chain.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
because coinhunter has the intelligence of Pinky and the attitude of Brain.
I am so using this today on someone, and I'll sadly feel clever when I do it.

Edit, from Eskimo Bob

aq
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Best part about most of what you guys seem to be making out as his 'crazy talk', will be 'holy fuck he was a genius talk' after he succeeds.

This post made with ego stroking purposes only as a way to attempt to deflect all the hate. I do not fully believe what I typed Sad

Well, if coinhunter succeeds someday we are all domed, because coinhunter has the intelligence of Pinky and the attitude of Brain.
Activity: 42
Merit: 1000
Quote from RealSolid from solidcointalk.org  forum:
You are right that governments and large corporations can control and destroy SolidCoin (and also Bitcoin, etc) , if they wanted to. Bitcoin has a lot more enemies than SolidCoin and there are more forces moving against it everyday

So I have to be relatively quick here and ensure that by the time BTC is gone and SolidCoin is #1 that we are secure from all attacks which can destroy the currency. I'm working on it and hopefully we will see this soon in a working manner in the client.

His pills does not help him Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Best part about most of what you guys seem to be making out as his 'crazy talk', will be 'holy fuck he was a genius talk' after he succeeds.

This post made with ego stroking purposes only as a way to attempt to deflect all the hate. I do not fully believe what I typed Sad
Activity: 180
Just let it die already. The SolidCoin brand is way too tainted now. And there is no guarantee that Mr. "Imma copyright everything" isn't going to start doing shit like trademarking "SolidCoin", etc etc which will screw people over on the open source side. Let it die. If you insist on needing an altcoin, then make a new one, with a new chain and a new name. This one is so horribly corrupted that none of the larger exchanges will ever touch it. Nor would any merchant that spent 30 seconds on google. Way too much confusion with, "No we are the *other* SolidCoin, not the bad one!"
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
There is no reason not to keep going with solidcoin as an open source project. The bugs have been fixed. Quit taking your hate about a developer too far. Hes arrogant and an asshole, but the software is now fine to use and many people wish to continue it. He is not the head of the project anymore with this open source release. Mining pools should open back up and other exchanges that closed should open up again.

CoinHunter made a public claim that he's come up with a "defense" to keep "his" block chain from being affected by a majority of users being on the open source client. He also bragged about his plans to deliberately alter his client to "break" the open source one.

I suspect it's going to take a while for the dust to settle and I doubt Ruxum or bitparking is going to go with an open-source fork until such time as any attempt CoinHunter has made to break the fork has been proven to be a failure.
Activity: 168
There is no reason not to keep going with solidcoin as an open source project. The bugs have been fixed. Quit taking your hate about a developer too far. Hes arrogant and an asshole, but the software is now fine to use and many people wish to continue it. He is not the head of the project anymore with this open source release. Mining pools should open back up and other exchanges that closed should open up again.

+1

OSS wins most of the time...
Activity: 35
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Better off to let it die and be done with the whole sorry affair.

It's ixcoins that really need to die. 580,000 pre-mined coins. Ugh. And some people actually believe it's not a scam.

Quote from: Albert Einstein
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I can hear Wolfman's brain cells popping trying to figure that one out  Wink
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Pffft. Einstein only said that because he never saw CoinHunter's ego.
aq
Activity: 238

It's ixcoins that really need to die. 580,000 pre-mined coins. Ugh. And some people actually believe it's not a scam.

Activity: 295
Merit: 98

With proper handling of block lock-in that becomes much, much harder. But it's a good step towards securing a legitimate chain if things are forked.

I just hope the same people are wise enough not too.

With proper handling of block lock-in that becomes much, much harder. But it's a good step towards securing a legitimate chain if things are forked.
Activity: 295
Merit: 98

Don't forget to disable handling of orphans, if you're trying to be as stupid as CoinHunter. Also don't forget to provoke ArtForz and then the rest of the community all in 48 hours.

I think that a lot of us, with some minor effort, could produce a new block chain, again, and again, and again.

I just hope the same people are wise enough not too.
Activity: 35
Keep the chain going and fork it. I don't know if backwards compatability is possible but, everyone who got coins whether premined or not shouldn't suffer.
Pages:
Jump to: