Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Hawaiicoin - A Slice of Paradise - page 2. (Read 36459 times)

legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114

I utilized this post, downloaded and learned how to setgenerate true

The download page is down. I tried to recompile the wallet from GitHub, noticed that there was a new commit made last November, but I couldn't do it for whatever reason.

You seem to have been the only miner in the past few months. That means when you fire your wallet up, you're the entire network! If you have the original hawaiicoin-src.tar.gz, would you mind uploading it to mega.co.nz or somewhere similar? How about this: if you do it, and I have coins in one of my three wallet.dat files, I'll send you a thousand.

This coin seems to be dead as dead. I'm not the guy to get it listed on exchanges or anything, but it would be fun to breathe new life into it.
Activity: 537
Merit: 100

Well I'll be... So did you compile the new wallet off Github or how did you get it? Seems to be down from everywhere now.

I utilized this post, downloaded and learned how to setgenerate true

Hello HIC supporters and community members.

I'm sure there are many questions involving the sudden disappearance of my team and I, but I assure you we are still alive and well.
It's been almost three years since we put the brakes on the Hawaiicoin project, and it's allowed us the time necessary to appreciate the work and complexity that come with, and volatility that surround the launching, operating, and marketing of a new coin.  The year of work surrounding the build, launch, and operation of HIC seems like a blur that passed us so quickly, but as we consider the achievements and possibilities around this coin we continue to seek ways to get involved once again with the network.  The lessons learned can be found below in the new HIC version 2 mission statement.  Many of these lessons were painful, and took considerable free and family time away from our team, which is why we are now asking for the broader community to step up and as we look to phase 2 of HIC we shall ensure that no one small group of people are left "holding the bag".

HIC-2 Mission
The goal of HIC has always been to create a "token" that could offer value in the form of connecting all participants who either share the love for, or wish to experience the lifestyle of Hawaii - the land, it's people, and culture.  In order to do this, there must be intrinsic value and incentive at all times for HIC network operators (miners, pool owners, etc.), HIC token collectors, and those who accept HIC.  Value can only come in the form of a democratic, community-based consensus in all aspects that affect HIC.

For HIC version 2 to be successful this time around and address the mission statement, there are a few items that we believe will contribute to the stated goal while building on the lessons learned from the initial launch:

• Community-Driven Approach:  HIC founders spent a considerable amount of time with the project, outside of their day jobs.  We are all professionals attempting to make a living while working on building HIC to it's fullest potential.  All decisions concerning the way forward shall take into consideration feedback and welcome contributions from those who are participating in and adding value to othe HIC network.
  • Robust HIC Network:  HIC has a checkered past when it comes to the stability of the network.  Although the integrity of the HIC transactions has never been in question because of the integrity of the blockchain architecture, it did suffer setbacks because of flash mining by miners that took advantage of any opportunity to generate HIC tokens when the difficulty was low.  Many years have passed since the last HIC block was mined on Dec 1, 2014 and since then much has been written about and even proposed related to fixing this problem.  We hope to be able to solicit input from the community on what should be done to remediate this issue before proceeding.  For more information on the problem space and solutions see this great posting https://medium.com/@Mengerian/bringing-stability-to-bitcoin-cash-difficulty-adjustments-eae8def0efa4.  A stable network will result in confidence for all parties involved in contributing to the value of HIC.
  • Work Small, but Think Big:  Many books have been written on the topic of focusing on the task at hand while at the same time thinking of the bigger picture.  Tactically while our members will execute on the two items above, we will as a community consider all options for HIC and not limit it's potential for use.  My team is always exploring opportunities for blockchain use such as provenance in supply chain management functions, federated authentication and identification, machine learning data sets, and automation of cybersecurity functions.  There is no reason why HIC could not be leveraged for any of these, or other ideas from people much smarter than us.  Let's keep an open mind.  The name "Hawaii" holds special meaning for a lot of people so let's see where destiny takes us!

Additionally, we have done a little work recently with bringing the pool back to life.  It can be accessed at http://pool.privanon.com.  Stratum+TCP mining is up.  All accounts that were active 3 years ago are still in place - so log back in and feel that surge of nostalgia - please!  Start mining if you wish, but keep in mind that things are going to change with the network so consider this time as one to slowly ramp back up.  We assure you though that all previously mined tokens and transactions on the ledger WILL survive and any code changes or even a move to an entirely new hashing algorithm will include some method to assure that a 1-for-1 exchange is facilitated.  We have already thrown 5MH/s against the pool for 24 hours and confirmed that the blockchain is still in tact, healthy, and a few new blocks have been generated to test the system.  The blockchain explorer can be accessed at http://pool.privanon.com:8080/chain/Hawaiicoin.  You'll notice block 31459 mined on 11/2 at 23:13 UTC.  Wallets can be downloaded at http://www.hicoin.org.

More to come soon.  ALOHA!

legendary

Well I'll be... So did you compile the new wallet off Github or how did you get it? Seems to be down from everywhere now.
But it wasn't dead a few months ago, I even CPU mined a few blocks and saved the wallet away, not as much as your 100,000 by any means, but I did mine some in late March/April, then difficulty went up and then it stopped syncing, but this was not 3 years ago.

Do you have any proof of this? If anything, you were mining on your own fork.

It fell off its last exchange on July 7, 2014. Coinmarketcap currently lists it as "inactive."

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/hawaiicoin/

There's no block explorer for it so there's no way to prove your claim.

Fact is, coin is dead. I'm not spending the effort to bring it back.

If you want to, find its source on GitHub, clone it and be my guest.

http://blocks.hicoin.us:8080/blocks-date/2018-03-30
legendary
But it wasn't dead a few months ago, I even CPU mined a few blocks and saved the wallet away, not as much as your 100,000 by any means, but I did mine some in late March/April, then difficulty went up and then it stopped syncing, but this was not 3 years ago.

Do you have any proof of this? If anything, you were mining on your own fork.

It fell off its last exchange on July 7, 2014. Coinmarketcap currently lists it as "inactive."

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/hawaiicoin/

There's no block explorer for it so there's no way to prove your claim.

Fact is, coin is dead. I'm not spending the effort to bring it back.

If you want to, find its source on GitHub, clone it and be my guest.
legendary
With all the devastation going down right now on the East Side of Hawaii this could be a perfect way to utilize the crypto community and an older POW coin to help those displaced and who have lost everything, as well as those that lost out on HIC in the past as it's obvious you have with your regular replies.

Dude. You don't get it. Coin is broken. Broken. That's why you can't sync the blockchain. Dev never fixed it.

I lost about $70 to $100, but I'm more pissed that the dev never bothered to fix the coin. I have about 100,000 of them. I would offer to sell you them, but like I said, the coin's broken so you literally can't do a transaction.
Tried to sync wallet but looks like no blocks in 4+days.
I'd enjoy seeing success with HIC for a new generation.

Still cannot sync wallet. Would love to participate with this coin maybe as a revival to assist people displaced by Tūtū Pele.

Try reading the comment directly above yours before posting next time. This coin was a colossal letdown. The brand name is ruined.

With all the devastation going down right now on the East Side of Hawaii this could be a perfect way to utilize the crypto community and an older POW coin to help those displaced and who have lost everything, as well as those that lost out on HIC in the past as it's obvious you have with your regular replies.
legendary

Still cannot sync wallet. Would love to participate with this coin maybe as a revival to assist people displaced by Tūtū Pele.

Try reading the comment directly above yours before posting next time. This coin was a colossal letdown. The brand name is ruined.

legendary
This coin has been dead for over 3 years. It broke and the dev ran off, leaving everybody holding.... well... nothing, because nothing can move because the blockchain is broken and he never bothered to fix it.

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
any update about this coin,hope will get more new information about this,so nice and lovely place,hope i belong.
Activity: 476
What is the purpose of this coin? Why even have it?
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
Love Hawaii and its a great place to visit but not really sure what this coin has to do with Hawaii or what purpose it actually serves so can you explain what makes this coin different other than its name.
Activity: 42
Any updates on the official pool function? Been checking but couldn't join in.
Activity: 42
I could sure go for a slice of Chocolate Haupia Pie from Punaluu near the green sand beach, but I'll take a slice of Hawaiicoin, where can it be found?

Is there an exchange?
Activity: 10
Blockchain explorer is at http://blocks.hicoin.us:8080/
Hawaiicoin Network Update COMPLETED - with new wallet!

Happy 2018 everyone!

We've worked hard on the Hawaiicoin source code over the holidays and are proud to present a new facelift of our wallets.  Find the new windows wallet here:  http://www.mediafire.com/file/0uwanrj0rwb4ddx/Hawaiicoin-Win-v2.zip

The wallet has been udpated to support the DarkGravityWave3 rediff function but is backward compatible with all prior transactions and wallets.  Just simply start the QT wallet - either in place of your existing Hawaiicoin wallet, or on a new system if you want - and there you have it!

Enjoy everyone and remember you can mine Hawaiicoin at the current diff (0.Cool on pool.hicoin.us or pool.privanon.com.  And for those of you who aren't able to mine, stay tuned for some HIC wallets coming soon!

- HIC Dev Team.
Right now, at what stage is your project?

We have just updated the mining and pool parts of the network with our updated wallets incorporating Dark Gravity Wave 3 for rediff.
We are working on releasing the windows, OSX, and Linux QT wallets shortly.
Pages:
Jump to: