Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Hawaiicoin - A Slice of Paradise - page 4. (Read 36459 times)

Activity: 558
Merit: 500
Maybe the developers have abandoned the project, but if you're reading this thread the official pool is stuck.  I was mining again a few weeks ago but got thousands of coins that never confirmed and I decided to stop wasting my electricity.

Have been checking periodically and it still is stuck in the same place.  Maybe you need to restart the server and point a miner at it to keep it working? Even just a couple of low-end gridseeds and an RPI should be enough to keep the network minimally ticking if you're planning to do anything with this project.
Come on, guys. The pool still isn't working. You out surfing?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025
any exchange?
Bittrex delisting
legendary
Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003
Don`t panic! Organize!
Wallet update coming soon.

Fixes to block times and target diff levels.

Security fixes

Any ETA?  Pool is stuck - I was mining on it and the unconfirmed kept piling up and up and up and never confirming.  Ended up giving up and it's still stuck at the same point 1-2 weeks later. 
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Wallet update coming soon.

Fixes to block times and target diff levels.

Security fixes
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
This coin will get crushed if not already just due to the fact that it uses scrypt.

Any Asics will destroy this network.

Well thanks for finally stopping by and welcome to the party, 4th Hawaii crypto guy.

By the way, back when I was a young, optimistic and naive young lad, some 6 or 7 months ago, I had an idea that locals could use HIC to place bets on UH games, which happens already but this could make it a much more accessible option as you now have the ability to make bets with people all around the state instead of your own immediate community.

We don't even need HIC to be exchangeable for BTC, it can represent whatever the betting parties agree it represents.

Besides word-of-mouth and strategic advertisement, developing a simple sportsbetting website is a piece of cake. Though I don't know much about the automated odds adjustment and payouts.

ps: can you see the smoke plumes from Keeau?
legendary
HIC network Diff down to 2.
Miners ready!

still can't get my dualminer to work... grr... maybe I will order another one on payday. Can you recommend another cheap USB unit I could try out?
legendary
This coin will get crushed if not already just due to the fact that it uses scrypt.

Well thanks for finally stopping by and welcome to the party, 4th Hawaii crypto guy.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

HIC network Diff down to 2.
Miners ready!
New (secondary) official Hawaiicoin Pool is up and running!

http://pool.hicoin.us:8080

Also a blockchain explorer located at

http://pool.hicoin.us:8081

Show me your tab that says SOLO in your GUIminer.  Post it here.

Also, for the BFGminer, i can't really say.  Try unplugging and replugging your mining gear while BFGminer is running...never used BFGminer, only CGminer with the --hotplug option (I think BFGminer is set to hotplug by default).
legendary

Find your hawaiicoin folder (windows>start>run>%APPDATA%) and go into it.
In start>run type in "notepad" to start a new text file.  Save as> select type *all and type in hawaiicoin.conf as the file name.
Then place this inside your new hawaiicoin.conf file:
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=8836
gen=1

Restart your wallet
Then point your CPU/GPU/ASIC miner to http://127.0.0.1:8836
Use the user and password you specified above in your conf file.  Will start solo mining.

Hi, thanks, I had all of this except for the gen=1 part, will try the new configuration. I had a couple of noob mining questions, I'd be really grateful for any tips you could give me. I'll even send you a few HawaiiCoins. First of all, I never got any coins for this, should I have?

Second off, why does this always happen when I plug in this particular USB miner?

Sorry, I forgot to provide the circle, but why can't I ever get any hashing going? Is it just because my computer is too weak-sauce, do I need to add something to my BAT file?

Any advice would be appreciated, and rewarded with HIC.
where did u set setgenerate true?

in the wallet command line

Keep this going guys.... We are counting on the community!

Find your hawaiicoin folder (windows>start>run>%APPDATA%) and go into it.
In start>run type in "notepad" to start a new text file.  Save as> select type *all and type in hawaiicoin.conf as the file name.
Then place this inside your new hawaiicoin.conf file:
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=8836
gen=1

Restart your wallet
Then point your CPU/GPU/ASIC miner to http://127.0.0.1:8836
Use the user and password you specified above in your conf file.  Will start solo mining.
Activity: 400
Merit: 250
yes it is the same as if u set it in the config.the wallet mines only with ur cpu
legendary

in the wallet command line
Activity: 400
Merit: 250
if u did set in i the conf file ur trying to mine with ur cpu.

if anyone want a pool i have a p2pool node.but i dont know whats going on with hawaiicoin,so i cant tell if its even worht mining anymore.
legendary
Mining with the wallet but no pools are up yet.

Is that working for you? I turn on the setgenerate true but I never end up mining any coins. I even bought a lil asic to attempt to mine but I think my computer is just too old and not powerful enough. So I've been mining little-known SHA coins since.

Activity: 84
Mining with the wallet but no pools are up yet.
Pages:
Jump to: