Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcing GekkoScience's new USB stick miner, the aptly-named NewPac - page 11. (Read 27870 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
We take paypal not sure if we'll get the newpac. Maybe sidehack and our sales can work something out or the vendors here to help.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
isn't it possible to buy these things with the currency of the future? (aka bitcoin)

Yes but ive got money in my paypal account and would like to use that first  Wink

We currently accept paypal, not BTC at the moment, our creditcard/btc processing underwriter just dropped us (bitcoin is to high risk) and we are evaluating others and should have it back up in the next few days.

https://www.419mining.com/shop/miners/gekkoscience-newpac-dual-bm1387-usb-stickminer/

Thats great. Only trouble is now is that you dont ship to the U.K lol
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Available for purchase via ASICPuppy.com
New orders shipping this week!

CrazyGuy can you check my purchase in ASICPuppy?
it still showed processing for days.
thank you.
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 7701
'The right to privacy matters'
I did do some testing on my prototype hub build today and it looks to be working. Note that's only step one in about a five-step design process but it was the step with the most questions. Hopefully early next year I finally have a solid yet flexible hub for y'all.

Yeah I would like that.  I think I am going to use five to ten of these new sticks.
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
I did do some testing on my prototype hub build today and it looks to be working. Note that's only step one in about a five-step design process but it was the step with the most questions. Hopefully early next year I finally have a solid yet flexible hub for y'all.
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
We currently accept paypal, not BTC at the moment, our creditcard/btc processing underwriter just dropped us (bitcoin is to high risk) and we are evaluating others and should have it back up in the next few days.

https://www.419mining.com/shop/miners/gekkoscience-newpac-dual-bm1387-usb-stickminer/
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 7701
'The right to privacy matters'
isn't it possible to buy these things with the currency of the future? (aka bitcoin)

asicpuppy takes btc.

I figured out my issue with my eyeboot 49 port hub  it now works fine.

I have this one one the way

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sipolar-10-Port-USB-2-0-Powered-Hub-with-power-supply-5V-20-Amp-2A-per-port/352409900554?

will post how the units work with this one as this one is not stupid expensive.
Activity: 473
Merit: 250
Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol
Is there a vendor that accepts paypal? Bitshopper used to accept paypal but doesnt look like hes stocking these at the moment.

Activity: 358
Merit: 255
Nice work, may need to get ride of some older pac's.
Activity: 14
Merit: 3
Outstanding! Just ordered four from ASICPuppy. Will be pointing these at Johnny's Gambling Hall, and Kano. Hope they play well with my other 2pac and Terminus miners.
brand new
Activity: 0
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621
Is there a vendor that accepts paypal? Bitshopper used to accept paypal but doesnt look like hes stocking these at the moment.
Activity: 97
Merit: 5
They are the Plugables. I still have my trusty 49ers from Eyeboot but I was having trouble running several sticks at high speeds (I test at 200MHz though stock is 100) so I built new test setups with smaller hubs and better USB busses than the ancient computers I was using. Now each machine is running 12 sticks; I tested 16 but had trouble, though it could have been a faulty hub.

Two sticks per hub are running off one regulator, but they're also running only 5W each so power is not overwhelmed. You might have trouble depending on how much you overclock. If the hub's good for 60W that's 20W per regulator, so 10W per stick in pairs. If that holds, you should still see around 400MHz (90G) before it gives out assuming you have adequate cooling.

On Thursday I finally received a sample order of hub chips that were purchased in September, so hopefully I can get back to my own hub project. For now though, those Plugables are working pretty well.

Thank you for the reply,

I will order a few more plugables and mod them with fans in anticipation of more NewPacs to be coming.

Looking forward to seeing what you have coming out next.

Cheers
Activity: 7
Hey guys, I've resolved the shopping cart issues a couple of you were having. Please contact me directly if you are still having issues. Newpacs still in stock

ASICPUPPY.COM

i ordered 1 stick via btc since 27/10/20818 and it still in Processing right now.
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
Hey Guys, sorry for the delay's. We had to get our testing/documentation in order. ours are now posted.

Activity: 15
Merit: 1
Just ordered one:)
Thank you CrazyGuy
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
They are the Plugables. I still have my trusty 49ers from Eyeboot but I was having trouble running several sticks at high speeds (I test at 200MHz though stock is 100) so I built new test setups with smaller hubs and better USB busses than the ancient computers I was using. Now each machine is running 12 sticks; I tested 16 but had trouble, though it could have been a faulty hub.

Two sticks per hub are running off one regulator, but they're also running only 5W each so power is not overwhelmed. You might have trouble depending on how much you overclock. If the hub's good for 60W that's 20W per regulator, so 10W per stick in pairs. If that holds, you should still see around 400MHz (90G) before it gives out assuming you have adequate cooling.

On Thursday I finally received a sample order of hub chips that were purchased in September, so hopefully I can get back to my own hub project. For now though, those Plugables are working pretty well.
Activity: 128
Merit: 9
Just ordered from CrazyGuy! Awesome work and can't wait to get mine... something new to tinker with!
Was able to complete my registration and my first order.

Thank you CrazyGuy
Was able to complete my registration and my first order.

Thank you CrazyGuy

Sidehack, what hubs are you using in the pictures above?

They look like the 7-port Plugables (casing stripped) that NotFuzzyWarm recommended but you have 4 NewPacs in them. Which If i recall the Plugable was only able to power 3 2Pacs because of power distribution being joined at 1-2, 3-4, 5-7 ports.

Just wanting to see what hubs I need or if I can reuse what I have onhand.
Pages:
Jump to: