Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcing GekkoScience's new USB stick miner, the aptly-named NewPac - page 9. (Read 27870 times)

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
I will finally be getting the hub on the 13th.

I will post a review on the 14th.
Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
Havent ordered yet. I was going to through your ebay listing but im struggling to find a decent hub to power them here in the UK. I was looking at the sipolar 10 one as it looks beefy and able to cope well with the power draw, but they are sooo expensive here. Most UK ones are standard types with rubbish power ratings. Just got to wait for philip to do his review and see if some kind soul in the states can ship me one over  Wink

If you have not already, you should browse through the "hub" thread, created specifically for discussing the best hubs to use for sidehack's USB stick miners. Hopefully you will find a decent one there that could be shipped to (or is available in) the UK. Also, if you have access to Amazon, you should be able to find a hub that delivers 2.0A or more per port. The last trick is to use a dual male to single female USB cable (like this one on eBay. Using that cable will supply the stick with power from two ports on your hub, doubling the available current. The hub thread can be found here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/now-that-usb-sticks-are-being-sold-by-sidehack-here-is-a-new-usb-hub-thread-1779423
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
An announcement announcing their newpac in an announcement thread. If it's a shill it's well done.
Got my NewPac in the mail today Smiley

Running it along with 5 other 2pac, on Sipolar 10 Port USB 2.0 Hub 5V 20 Amp.
https://www.eyeboot.com/sipolar-10-port-usb-hub.html

cgminer 4.11.1 works great!
BTC solo.ckpool BTC

Just an FYI regarding the hub - too much discussion on USB hubs was taking place in the original 2PAC thread, so phillipma1957 created a separate "hub" thread at the request of vh and sidehack some time ago. There is plenty of great info there regarding hubs, and I'm sure people would like to have the ability to easier find your post regarding your USB hub. Anyway, the thread specifically for discussion about USB hubs for these sticks can be found here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/now-that-usb-sticks-are-being-sold-by-sidehack-here-is-a-new-usb-hub-thread-1779423
Activity: 15
Merit: 1
Got my NewPac in the mail today Smiley

Running it along with 5 other 2pac, on Sipolar 10 Port USB 2.0 Hub 5V 20 Amp.
https://www.eyeboot.com/sipolar-10-port-usb-hub.html

cgminer 4.11.1 works great!
BTC solo.ckpool BTC
At the top end (and with adequate cooling) they'll put up more like five times the 2Pac's hashrate for the same power, especially if AB is enabled. I'm running 108GH from 10W ports on my test hub, 40 hours stable.

This is very nice to know! I should have had my NewPac sticks today, but the USPS is sending the package to every sort facility within a 100 mile radius of me (very logical for a logistics company). Is there any way to enable AsicBoost on the 2PAC sticks? Thanks for yet another great product sidehack!

A new build is available:  09a2f37

[...]

This new version of cgminer seems to be MUCH more stable for my 2PAC sticks than any of the 4.10.0 versions (or any previous gekko versions for that matter)! I have been running this latest build for days now with very few dropouts, errors, zombies, etc.. Normally, I would have woke up to find zombie sticks that just needed restarted, but that has been a very rare occurrence with this version. Anyway, whatever you did worked! Thanks for the great work, it is much appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
At the top end (and with adequate cooling) they'll put up more like five times the 2Pac's hashrate for the same power, especially if AB is enabled. I'm running 108GH from 10W ports on my test hub, 40 hours stable.
Activity: 14
Merit: 3
Got my order from CrazyGuy, and all is well.

Man, these Newpacs work great! They are consistently putting out three times the hash of the 2pacs, and not one of them has gone Zombie overnight. I think these things are a keeper. Double my hash rate for USB miners overall, and still in the same power envelope.

Great job, Sidehack. Eagerly awaiting the new USB hub you are engineering.
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
Nice work :O Anyone got these in stock in EU?

Not stocked but we do ship internationally.
you can also check out our eBay listing for smaller orders that will ship to most countries
https://www.ebay.com/itm/253271572863
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Oh boy!
Nice work :O Anyone got these in stock in EU?
copper member
Havent ordered yet. I was going to through your ebay listing but im struggling to find a decent hub to power them here in the UK. I was looking at the sipolar 10 one as it looks beefy and able to cope well with the power draw. Most UK ones are standard types with rubbish power ratings.

this is the one we are adding to our offered inventory this weekend.
https://plugable.com/products/usb2-hub7bc/

its fairly solid and can run 4 sticks reliably.

Send me a DM with what kind of quantities your looking for, I will run the international shipping quote directly and get you some hard numbers.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
gt_addict, did you ever get your U.K order figured out? if not send me a P.M. Ill see what we can do for the international shipping.

Havent ordered yet. I was going to through your ebay listing but im struggling to find a decent hub to power them here in the UK. I was looking at the sipolar 10 one as it looks beefy and able to cope well with the power draw, but they are sooo expensive here. Most UK ones are standard types with rubbish power ratings. Just got to wait for philip to do his review and see if some kind soul in the states can ship me one over  Wink
Looks like AsicBoost will be coming soon to these NewPacs.    
Check for it in an upcoming build or two.   Cool

http://23.108.83.14/images/NewPac-0005.png

That is GREAT news vh! Adding ~20% for AsicBoost to a stick doing 140Gh/s and you've now got a USB stick miner that could potentially mine at ~168Gh/s. Just when you thought it couldn't get any better. Please keep us updated on this vh. Thank you!  =)

I ordered this hub

[...]

it arrives tommorow

I will review then,

been busy  with my basement bedroom cinderblock wall cracked.

So I dug me a ditch.

repaired the wall  no more leaking .

I am now gutting  and rebuilding bedroom.

and at 61  I am slower at it then I use to be.

No problem Phil, please take your time! I am ordering some of these NewPac sticks regardless. I was just curious about your review because yours are always good! Anyway, let me know when you get a chance to post it (again, no hurry).
legendary
Hash rate stays as expected for the frequency provided.    Power draw drops a bit.  

@200MHz was 4.66W, with AsicBoost measures 4.20W.

that is pretty nice

I am getting just about 37 gh at freq 175

kind of fun watching them run.
vh
Activity: 699
Merit: 666
let us know improvement  in hash or power or both.

Hash rate stays as expected for the frequency provided.    Power draw drops a bit.  

@200MHz was 4.66W, with AsicBoost measures 4.20W.
legendary
Hey Phil! Was wondering if you ever got around to writing a review up for these NewPac sticks yet? I searched throughout this thread and couldn't find any posts with a link to your review. Anyway, hope all is well with you!

I decided not to purchase any more mining equipment for a bit. Then, sidehack starts making these bad boys. How can I say no to something like this stick? Looks like my decision to hold off on purchasing new mining equipment did not last long..

I ordered this hub

Code:
Sipolar 10 Port USB 2.0 Powered Hub with power supply 5V 20 Amp 2A per port
Be the first to write a review.
Condition:New
Quantity:
More than 10 available /  2 sold
Price:US $65.00 Buy another -
   Add to cart -
   Add to watch list

2-year protection plan from SquareTrade - $7.99
A seller you've bought from
30-day returns
8 watchers
eBay bucks You'll earn $0.65 in eBay Bucks. See conditions
Shipping: $16.00 Standard Shipping | See details
See details about international shipping here.  

Item location:
HK, Hong Kong

Ships to:
Worldwide See exclusions
Delivery:
Estimated between Tue. Nov. 20 and Thu. Dec. 6  
Please note the delivery estimate is greater than 8 business days.
Payments:
PayPal  Visa  Master Card  Amex  Discover
PayPal Credit
Special financing available.  See terms
Returns:
30 day returns. Buyer pays for return shipping |  See details

eBay item number: 352409900554

it arrives tommorow

I will review then,

been busy  with my basement bedroom cinderblock wall cracked.

So I dug me a ditch.

repaired the wall  no more leaking .

I am now gutting  and rebuilding bedroom.

and at 61  I am slower at it then I use to be.
Activity: 723
Merit: 519
How does this compare to one of the old 21 bitcoin miners?  Seen them for about the same price.  My goal is to do some small time mining with as little heat as possible.

21 bitcoin computer is also a full node
I ordered 2 of them.  Should arrive soon.

I will post a review when i get them.

Hey Phil! Was wondering if you ever got around to writing a review up for these NewPac sticks yet? I searched throughout this thread and couldn't find any posts with a link to your review. Anyway, hope all is well with you!

I decided not to purchase any more mining equipment for a bit. Then, sidehack starts making these bad boys. How can I say no to something like this stick? Looks like my decision to hold off on purchasing new mining equipment did not last long..
copper member
Thats great. Only trouble is now is that you dont ship to the U.K lol

gt_addict, did you ever get your U.K order figured out? if not send me a P.M. Ill see what we can do for the international shipping.
Activity: 128
Merit: 9
I know he's got  good rep, just thought something might be up on his end. No matter anyway, he's just gotten in touch with me now Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: