Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcing GekkoScience's new USB stick miner, the aptly-named NewPac - page 8. (Read 27870 times)

Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
In an effort to help gain market visibility and ramp up sales, I will be receiving a batch of NewPac sticks tomorrow (November 21) for resale. The first five (5) people to make a purchase will receive FREE shipping on their order (promotion is for USA shipping only). I do offer International shipping as well, and price will vary depending on your location. International customers please send me a message with your address and I will promptly reply with a shipping quote (I will never markup the cost of shipping, regardless of location).

For more information, please visit my sales thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/new-1ths-gekkoscience-r606-pod-miner-product-sales-thread-5071416

To purchase a NewPac from my eBay listing, click here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/143022700951?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
Wow at 100 these run hot. I'll have to down clock for portability as I like to mine on my laptop or surface with the 2pac. Other than some sensitive finger tips though I'm camping happy.
Activity: 128
Merit: 9
You and me both, man. However, this time last fall my entire crew (including a fresh hire brought in specifically to meet demand) were up to our eyeballs getting 2pacs out the door. Seriously, we doubled manufacturing output between September and November; the three weeks following Thanksgiving, my people put together more sticks than we did in August and September combined and still had a one-month backlog. I had exactly zero time to start working on anything new until earlier this year.

Demand has slowed now, and my crew can pretty much do everything without me (unless something goes wrong), so I finally have that R&D time. Even so, these sticks were released several months later than desired.

They're here now and that's all that matters. Onto bigger and better things from here!
legendary
Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
You and me both, man. However, this time last fall my entire crew (including a fresh hire brought in specifically to meet demand) were up to our eyeballs getting 2pacs out the door. Seriously, we doubled manufacturing output between September and November; the three weeks following Thanksgiving, my people put together more sticks than we did in August and September combined and still had a one-month backlog. I had exactly zero time to start working on anything new until earlier this year.

Demand has slowed now, and my crew can pretty much do everything without me (unless something goes wrong), so I finally have that R&D time. Even so, these sticks were released several months later than desired.
legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
I noticed an eBay 10% coupon today.

I may grab a 4th one.

Would have been nice to get these sticks last fall.

Oh well.
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
Thanks gt_addict! I always like to hear we have satisfied customers, If anyone else needs international shipping, please let me know.
 Cheesy
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Not sure if I should post this here but.....

419mining is an excellent company to do business with. Ordered 2x Newpacs and plugable hub shipped to the UK. Not only did they deal with me direct through DM’s but they went above and beyond to ship across the pond even though they didnt initially offer that particular postal service. The gear was well packed and also came with a cgminer printout of the two Newpacs which I thought was a very professional touch. Would highly recommend them to anyone considering buying any gear from them. Superb!! Thanks again.
legendary
Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010
great work on the new miners sidehack
happy mining!

Fuzzybear
legendary
ASICBoost only works on NewPacs, but for them it reduces power consumption by 10% and cuts down on USB traffic by roughly 70% and both of those are good things.
Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
As promised I got the sipolar 10 port hub today.

I am running 9 sticks

2x Newpac
1x 2Pac
6x Compac

I am using VH's miner 4.11

here is bat

Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.bravo-mining.com:3333 -u philipma1957.two --gekko-compac-freq 200 --gekko-2pac-freq 200 --gekko-newpac-freq 200 -p x

note all sticks at set to freq 200

https://i.imgur.com/e1vXyJR.png

Phil - it looks like you're missing the AsicBoost option in your command line. Don't forget to add the following flag to enable AsicBoost:  --gekko-newpac-boost

Your code should look like this:

Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.bravo-mining.com:3333 -u philipma1957.two --gekko-compac-freq 200 --gekko-2pac-freq 200 --gekko-newpac-freq 200 -p x --gekko-newpac-boost
Activity: 21
Merit: 8
will it be aptly named "NEWERPAC" ?
love these little toys your making sidehack. you reckon the newer stick will use the same size and format as the last 2?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 221
We are not retail.
Yesterday I wrote up a roughly chronological 15-point master plan for the rest of the year. Work which will be used toward a pod miner were included in items 1-3, 6, 10, 12 and 14. There's development for some other fun stuff in there that I hope y'all also like.

I think my body is tingling.
legendary
Yesterday I wrote up a roughly chronological 15-point master plan for the rest of the year. Work which will be used toward a pod miner were included in items 1-3, 6, 10, 12 and 14. There's development for some other fun stuff in there that I hope y'all also like.
Activity: 142
Merit: 60
Since I have a compac and 2 terminus pods, I ordered 2 Newpacs from Crazy Guy to support Sidehack's efforts.  I hope to see a new pod miner come out too.
legendary
copper member
Activity: 190
Merit: 111
https://www.419mining.com
all running on the sipolar 10 port?
legendary
As promised I got the sipolar 10 port hub today.

I am running 9 sticks

2x Newpac
1x 2Pac
6x Compac

I am using VH's miner 4.11

here is bat

Code:
cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.bravo-mining.com:3333 -u philipma1957.two --gekko-compac-freq 200 --gekko-2pac-freq 200 --gekko-newpac-freq 200 -p x

note all sticks at set to freq 200

legendary
I've got a newer chip in hand already and a lead on at least one more. But these NewPacs are pretty decent (especially with AB enabled) so I'll be taking my time on the new thing and making it more featureful as well as more efficient. The focus initially will probably be on pods, also.

To answer the specific question though, no, I have no plans to work with Bitmain's 7nm chip.
legendary
Do you guys plan on making something when the new 7nm Bitmain chips come out? or maybe that's wishful thinking.

you are way ahead of the game.

these sticks are a big improvement of the compac or the 2pac  and they just came out  less then 60 days ago.

I would be stunned to see a new stick with a different chip from sidehack this year.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Do you guys plan on making something when the new 7nm Bitmain chips come out? or maybe that's wishful thinking.
Pages:
Jump to: