Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcing the FutureBit Apollo BTC - A Full Node/Mining Platform for the Home! - page 14. (Read 15621 times)

copper member
Activity: 25
Merit: 2
Just want to take a moment here to thank you guys taking part in this movement, because FutureBit is not just some consumer hardware company making toy miners but it truly is a movement enabled by all you guys.

https://bitnodes.io/nodes/?q=Satoshi:0.21.1

So cool to see those Apollo user agents dominating that list

Hundreds of nodes have come online, and thousands more will once they are done syncing (and make sure you are all forwarding those 8333 ports!)

I am beyond humbled in seeing this play out in real time, and I take my hat off to everyone sitting there running these on their desks, not because its profitable, not because its cool, but because you truly believe in what Bitcoin is and should be and we are all taking the first step in reclaiming some balance back from these power hungry, greed seeking, centralized entities/individuals that have entrenched themselves in and are trying to soil the true vision of what Bitcoin is

We have a ways to go but the Future of Bitcoin is looking bright Smiley

Can't wait for the next batch to be up for sale!
Activity: 66
Merit: 35
Just got my tracking number! Super stoked.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4ITDW7WQAwGAt4?format=jpg&name=large

I will actually most likely be powering this Dell 03MJJP + adapter i got off ebay. I'll most likely have an extra futurebit PSU so if anyone wants one, feel free to shoot me a DM.
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
I havent received my Apollo yet (should arrive tomorrow) I've got a 1tb drive to swap in straight away too.

The link above, the Satoshi 0.21.1, are they all Apollos??

That's the entire bitcoin network.

To verify what bitcoin version yours is running, login to it and type.
Code:
bitcoin-cli getnetworkinfo | head

It should say near the top
Code:
"subversion": "/Satoshi:0.21.1/",

P.S. would be of interest to post what it replies.

Its running the latest 21.1 core binaries. The public apollo nodes will have a user agent string "FutureBit-Apollo-Node" you can see them if you scroll down in that list.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
I havent received my Apollo yet (should arrive tomorrow) I've got a 1tb drive to swap in straight away too.

That's the entire bitcoin network.

To verify what bitcoin version yours is running, login to it and type.
Code:
bitcoin-cli getnetworkinfo | head

It should say near the top
Code:
"subversion": "/Satoshi:0.21.1/",

P.S. would be of interest to post what it replies.
Activity: 67
Merit: 1
Hello! How are we now for batch 1. Still need another week to send out?
Thank you

We got most remaining orders out this week. About the tail 10% or so is left to ship next week.

Received my shipment notification. Thank you.
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925
Just want to take a moment here to thank you guys taking part in this movement, because FutureBit is not just some consumer hardware company making toy miners but it truly is a movement enabled by all you guys.

Hundreds of nodes have come online, and thousands more will once they are done syncing (and make sure you are all forwarding those 8333 ports!)

I am beyond humbled in seeing this play out in real time, and I take my hat off to everyone sitting there running these on their desks, not because its profitable, not because its cool, but because you truly believe in what Bitcoin is and should be and we are all taking the first step in reclaiming some balance back from these power hungry, greed seeking, centralized entities/individuals that have entrenched themselves in and are trying to soil the true vision of what Bitcoin is

Congrats to you guys; it really is well built hardware and it makes it easy running a node. No jumping through hoops, just plug and play!
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Any one else here Canadian? and willing to share what your import duty and tax is?

Just received a message from Fedex asking for another $61 bucks to make the delivery.

Got mine on the 15th. FedEx billed me $105.64.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621

Activity: 924
Merit: 175

Yes, I am glad manufacturer like you have realized this problem. Bitnode says:
Reachable nodes as of Thu Jun 17 2021 21:39:01 GMT+0100 (British Summer Time).

There is 9297 reachable nodes, the ones with open port. It means it's a matter of DDoSing 9297 addresses to make Bitcoin network grind to a halt, or at least severely disrupt peer discovery, blocks downloads, blocks propagation and so on. There should be 100k reachable nodes out there. I hope Apollo miner will contribute a lot a achieve this number one day.
legendary

legendary
Is there a reason why these miners don't have asicboost enabled?
That's pretty much the same as throwing away 10% of your hash rate you'd get for the same power.

Because its not implemented in the ASIC obviously.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Is there a reason why these miners don't have asicboost enabled?
That's pretty much the same as throwing away 10% of your hash rate you'd get for the same power.
Activity: 4
Any one else here Canadian? and willing to share what your import duty and tax is?

Just received a message from Fedex asking for another $51 bucks to make the delivery.

I've order # 4203 still waiting from Calgary

Mine was #3699 and received it this morning. June 8.  Up and running like a champ.  Now to play with it to maximize performance Smiley

Cool man, I'm really excited too!
Activity: 3
Thank you

We got most remaining orders out this week. About the tail 10% or so is left to ship next week.

Got a Australian distributor coming?

I'm in AU and purchased direct from FutureBit. Had no issues and shipping cost wasn't too bad either. Just didn't want to wait on the possibility of a local distributor

Thanks
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925
Thank you

I'm in AU and purchased direct from FutureBit. Had no issues and shipping cost wasn't too bad either. Just didn't want to wait on the possibility of a local distributor
Activity: 3
Thank you

legendary
Thank you

Activity: 67
Thank you
Activity: 91
Merit: 2

I can only go off what my operations team tell me. We were on track before memorial day, but then the holiday hit, and we had to stop the line to correct some issues from the first deliveries so lost about a week there. Either way the original expectations were 4 weeks to complete full Batch 1 shipment, we are only one week behind schedule on that (not counting the 2-3 weeks production start delay).

I know everyone is eager to get their product, but you guys have to appreciate the fact that we paid about 20% extra in whole product costs (which is a large chunk of our margins), to procure overpriced parts, to ship everything air from suppliers, and ship everything 2 day to you guys.

We could have kept everything as is, with another month delay, but things like that matter to me regardless of whether we are sold out with a long wait list. What we do almost no one does for a reason, its hard as shit and almost no one can do it profitably.

Companies funded with 10's of millions have failed where we have succeeded, but we are still just a small company pushing boundaries and we have a lot more delays, growing pains, and learning until we get to where we want to go.

Either way I appreciate everyones patience and for coming along for this crazy ride!

I'm ok with regular shipping to save some $$$ for you. I can respond to the order email
Activity: 103
I finally got a shipping number, it should be here on Friday. Thank you 😉
Pages:
Jump to: