Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcing the FutureBit Apollo BTC - A Full Node/Mining Platform for the Home! - page 15. (Read 15621 times)

legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Hey guys sorry to everyone that got shipment notifications last week and has had no movement. We had scheduled a pickup last week and another yesterday which Fedex refused to pickup since it would have taken too much space on the truck (even though we made the volume clear both times).

Just rented a truck and dropped off all the backlog of packages this morning, and everyones shipment has been upgraded to 2 day. If your near CA you should get it tomorrow, and everyone else by thurs.

Assembly is going well for rest of orders, we project 75% will be ready to ship by end of the week, and the whole Batch 1 Pre-order will be shipped out by end of next week.

I take it your projection for "the whole batch 1 will be shipped out eonw" was off. The end of next week from your message was June 5. I'm 38xx but I see 36xx and 37xx still waiting.

Now John ... I support your work, dedication and finished products. Your expectation management sure could use some work though.

I can only go off what my operations team tell me. We were on track before memorial day, but then the holiday hit, and we had to stop the line to correct some issues from the first deliveries so lost about a week there. Either way the original expectations were 4 weeks to complete full Batch 1 shipment, we are only one week behind schedule on that (not counting the 2-3 weeks production start delay).

I know everyone is eager to get their product, but you guys have to appreciate the fact that we paid about 20% extra in whole product costs (which is a large chunk of our margins), to procure overpriced parts, to ship everything air from suppliers, and ship everything 2 day to you guys.

We could have kept everything as is, with another month delay, but things like that matter to me regardless of whether we are sold out with a long wait list. What we do almost no one does for a reason, its hard as shit and almost no one can do it profitably.

Companies funded with 10's of millions have failed where we have succeeded, but we are still just a small company pushing boundaries and we have a lot more delays, growing pains, and learning until we get to where we want to go.

Either way I appreciate everyones patience and for coming along for this crazy ride!
Activity: 2478
Merit: 621

Woohoo! Thanks for the update MacEntyre.

Now whos got an order number lower than mine game ive got #20193

#20166 here! Lots of updates from bitshopper came through on email during the week, and the device has been in transit with the courier since Thursday - I'm hoping it will arrive on Monday!

Yea got the update email during the week saying hopefully shipping from him beginning of next week. Fingers crossed i get a email with shipping details soon. The suspense is killing me lol.
Yours is the next one!
Best regards,
MacEntyre
bitshopper.de

YEEHAW!! Got the emails as I arrived home from work. Highlight of the day, thanks MacEntyre!!
Activity: 71
Merit: 13

#20166 here! Lots of updates from bitshopper came through on email during the week, and the device has been in transit with the courier since Thursday - I'm hoping it will arrive on Monday!

Yea got the update email during the week saying hopefully shipping from him beginning of next week. Fingers crossed i get a email with shipping details soon. The suspense is killing me lol.
Yours is the next one!
Best regards,
MacEntyre
bitshopper.de
wyn
Activity: 6
Merit: 3
Hey guys sorry to everyone that got shipment notifications last week and has had no movement. We had scheduled a pickup last week and another yesterday which Fedex refused to pickup since it would have taken too much space on the truck (even though we made the volume clear both times).

Just rented a truck and dropped off all the backlog of packages this morning, and everyones shipment has been upgraded to 2 day. If your near CA you should get it tomorrow, and everyone else by thurs.

Assembly is going well for rest of orders, we project 75% will be ready to ship by end of the week, and the whole Batch 1 Pre-order will be shipped out by end of next week.

I take it your projection for "the whole batch 1 will be shipped out eonw" was off. The end of next week from your message was June 5. I'm 38xx but I see 36xx and 37xx still waiting.

Now John ... I support your work, dedication and finished products. Your expectation management sure could use some work though.
Activity: 1143
Merit: 925
Well the FedEx man just came and dropped off my unit. I haven't hooked it up yet but just opening the box is an experience! Very well and nicely packaged. The miner looks awesome and even the PSU is nice. I'll set it all up and report back but first impressions are very good!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
For those who have a "standard" unit.  No controller board and must be connected to a pc or pi.

The following config is not recommended and will shorten the life of your Apollo but its fun as hell to see it work for a short period of time.

This thing is capable of up to 4 TH/s if you get the right chips.

You must have a PSU capable of providing the necessary power; the 200w brick won't do it.

I'm seeing bursts of 4 TH/s with an average of 3.85 with the following config:  .\apollo-miner.exe -host ca.stratum.slushpool.com -port 3333 -user ****** -pswd x -comport COM13 -brd_ocp 100  -osc 50 -ao_mode 1
pause

These settings are being reported as 0.075 W/Gh/s  which means its taking 285 watts to produce those numbers.  Not exactly efficient for this little guy but as mentioned its fun to see it can do it.

The config provided in the download link on this thread is working great.  Just change the board power settings and you're off to the races.

As the welcome card in the box says: Happy Mining Smiley

We always over-design our boards...ASICs and cooling system can easily handle the 4 TH/s max only limiting factor is the buck design, since we had to go with a dual FET package due to space. You could probably put a heatsink on the fet and run it at this settings 24/7 if you really wanted too but definitely dont recommend it if you dont know what your doing.

Thanks John!

Always appreciate your input....... although as mentioned the efficiency drops at those settings but, hey, if ya got cheap power who the hell cares?

I will definitely find a heatsink or three to help with cooling.  I'm in Canada so ambient temp is always cold ha ha ha...... no, not really; just think Oregon or Wa....same. At least here on the best coast....er I mean west coast.
Any one else here Canadian? and willing to share what your import duty and tax is?

Just received a message from Fedex asking for another $61 bucks to make the delivery.

Total from original purchase to the door:  $527.17 Cdn

Expected ROI: about 8.5 years at 17 cents a day BUT! that's at todays market numbers so in a month from now your income could double, triple or quadruple.  Buy the DIP!!!!
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
For those who have a "standard" unit.  No controller board and must be connected to a pc or pi.

The following config is not recommended and will shorten the life of your Apollo but its fun as hell to see it work for a short period of time.

You must have a PSU capable of providing the necessary power; the 200w brick won't do it.

I'm seeing bursts of 4 TH/s with an average of 3.85 with the following config:  .\apollo-miner.exe -host ca.stratum.slushpool.com -port 3333 -user ****** -pswd x -comport COM13 -brd_ocp 100  -osc 50 -ao_mode 1
pause

These settings are being reported as 0.075 W/Gh/s  which means its taking 285 watts to produce those numbers.  Not exactly efficient for this little guy but as mentioned its fun to see it can do it.

The config provided in the download link on this thread is working great.  Just change the board power settings and you're off to the races.

We always over-design our boards...ASICs and cooling system can easily handle the 4 TH/s max only limiting factor is the buck design, since we had to go with a dual FET package due to space. You could probably put a heatsink on the fet and run it at this settings 24/7 if you really wanted too but definitely dont recommend it if you dont know what your doing.
copper member
Activity: 25
Merit: 2
Now I'm just waiting for the next batch to get released. I heard about this thing way too late. I know I said I would rather not pre-order, but you all have changed my mind about the Apollo.

pause

Any one else here Canadian? and willing to share what your import duty and tax is?

Just received a message from Fedex asking for another $51 bucks to make the delivery.

I've order # 4203 still waiting from Calgary

Mine was #3699 and received it this morning. June 8.  Up and running like a champ.  Now to play with it to maximize performance Smiley
Activity: 103
Merit: 1
Hi, I'm early #37xx, any updates on shipping? I can't wait 😁😁
Activity: 8
Hello same for me #3854 waiting to ship to France.
any news ?
Activity: 4

Just received a message from Fedex asking for another $51 bucks to make the delivery.

I've order # 4203 still waiting from Calgary

Activity: 7

Got my notificatin from bitshopper saying they are on their way to Europe. Hopefully I’ll get mine within a couple of weeks
Received all remaining Europe Batch 1 units yesterday and started shipping immediately. Strictly following sequence of orders.
MacEntyre
bitshopper.de

Just received a message from Fedex asking for another $61 bucks to make the delivery.

legendary
Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765
'The right to privacy matters'
Got my notificatin from bitshopper saying they are on their way to Europe. Hopefully I’ll get mine within a couple of weeks
Received all remaining Europe Batch 1 units yesterday and started shipping immediately. Strictly following sequence of orders.
MacEntyre
bitshopper.de

Nice.  

Question to jstefanop

How many pieces for this batch 1 in total?  500 or 1000?

I understand if you do not want to reveal the sales number, but was interested.
Activity: 3
RESERVED

Yes I’m new to this site, yes I’m completely green and probably in over my head with the crypto world but hey i find it interesting. Did see a YouTube video on your gear. Just wondering i did see in the post above that you may have a dealer in Australia? I’m located down under and would like to try get a complete set up to have a go at mining.

Thanks Jay
Pages:
Jump to: