Pages:
Author

Topic: Announcing ZiftrCOIN Release - page 17. (Read 106687 times)

Activity: 205
Merit: 100
May 14, 2015, 12:45:44 PM
People don't seem to get that Ziftrcoin is just a small part of a much bigger puzzle being assembled by Ziftr. The coin itself works as intended. Now, the challenge is Ziftrpay and signing deals with merchants to use it and accept payment in crypto/Ziftrcoin. Once they can get that ecosystem established, then the giveaway of free Ziftrcoin will actually MEAN something.

This is one of many problems Auroracoin faced, when they tried to do the giveaway/airdrop. There was NOTHING to use the coins for, except to trade them in for something that WAS worth having. What Ziftr is doing is trying to ensure that people have the ability to SPEND it, not simply exchange it for Bitcoin or cash. The coin doesn't need any bells and whistles right now...it needs an ecosystem and that's what Ziftr is really working on. Just give it time...and when merchants come on board, USE it for that 5% off.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
May 14, 2015, 10:40:09 AM
Last updated in February 2005! if not dead we lack a little! Could enable the POS to increase 'interest!

It's not dead at all. We've been keeping our heads down and focusing on development.

Last update to the coin itself was April 10. We've also been hard at work on other projects around ZiftrCoin. You can see some of our work on the public repos at the ZiftrCoin github https://github.com/ziftrcoin. There's also tons of work being done in private repos that can't be seen.

We announced our first big (50 million in annual sales) merchant recently.
http://blog.ziftr.com/2015/04/27/apparel-manufacturing-company-the-mountain-creator-of-the-iconic-three-wolf-moon-shirt-to-accept-cryptocurrency-via-ziftrpay/

Our mobile wallet has entered public open beta. We haven't even officially announced this yet, but since it's publicly available in the play store I suppose I can mention it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ziftr.android.ziftrwallet

In the next week or so we're also planning on having some smaller merchants actually up and running with ZiftrPay. I don't know which merchants it will be, so it might not be anything super exciting, but it will be great to see some places where ZiftrCoins can be used. This will let us get some feedback on the process and let users see the first pieces of the payment platform we're rolling out.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
April 22, 2015, 06:42:12 PM
I agree with you, but it's not got a good network of miners behind it, because people are leaving because they're impatient.

They come and go. All the GPU hashrate is owned by journeymen miners now...they chase profit. The network will only grow from here, when the coin has actual utility as a currency/coupon and the demand gradually starts to rise.

Mining isn't an activist or enthusiast pursuit the way it was, early on. It's about profit now. The network will take care of itself though, as Ziftrcoin gains in popularity/usage.

It was almost never an activist pursuit, but it once was an enthusiast one. Anyways, I agree.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
May 14, 2015, 05:08:38 AM
Last updated in February 2005! if not dead we lack a little! Could enable the POS to increase 'interest!
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
May 14, 2015, 04:56:28 AM
is this coin still alive?

i think dead  Tongue Tongue
It was only the wind.
April 22, 2015, 06:08:07 PM
I agree your reply,
but if you don't provide the system described above by DEv and by you, it's just a coin like others.
You cnanot launch a coin and wait 3-4-5 months to improve your 1st declared functionality

Why wouldn't you give the coin time to get its legs under it, before deploying the payment platform to support it? I would think you'd want to make sure the protocol is rock solid and working, with a good network of miners behind it...because it's a core part of their plan and realistically, the only ones who want them to put a rush on it are the early adopters who want to see the price go up, and nothing more. They'll get it done, they'll do it right, and it'll work itself out. I swear, people in alt-coins have zero patience and almost no attention span, these days.

I agree with you, but it's not got a good network of miners behind it, because people are leaving because they're impatient.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP
May 14, 2015, 04:53:42 AM
is this coin still alive?
Activity: 88
Merit: 12
May 11, 2015, 01:03:52 PM
Dear ZiftrCOIN Community.

We are thinking about adding some new coins to our mining interface and so we have put up a coin vote on our Facebook page for people to have a chance to vote for their favourites.

We have listed ZiftrCOIN as one of the coins you can vote for.

If you would like ZiftrCOIN to be on Genesis Mining, then get voting. If you vote you will automatically be entered into a contest.

More information can be found here.

https://www.facebook.com/GenesisMining

Genesis Mining

Thanks! I've submitted my vote Smiley
Activity: 430
Merit: 250
May 11, 2015, 12:38:25 PM
Dear ZiftrCOIN Community.

We are thinking about adding some new coins to our mining interface and so we have put up a coin vote on our Facebook page for people to have a chance to vote for their favourites.

We have listed ZiftrCOIN as one of the coins you can vote for.

If you would like ZiftrCOIN to be on Genesis Mining, then get voting. If you vote you will automatically be entered into a contest.

More information can be found here.

https://www.facebook.com/GenesisMining

Genesis Mining
Activity: 88
Merit: 12
May 03, 2015, 09:08:52 PM
Out of general curiosity anyone receive payments from unknown wallets that says "Mined" .  I am guessing the two I have gotten are from having PoK turned on in my wallet.   If that is so, how often does that actually happen.

Were you solomining with the wallet? If so, that will happen however often you mine a blocks, which depends on your hashrate compared to the network's total hashrate.
Activity: 92
April 29, 2015, 10:43:49 AM
Out of general curiosity anyone receive payments from unknown wallets that says "Mined" .  I am guessing the two I have gotten are from having PoK turned on in my wallet.   If that is so, how often does that actually happen.
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
April 29, 2015, 09:58:54 AM
It's my 1st withdrawal so somebody pls tell me how much time does it take to land in my wallet?

The block explorer seems to lag behind the network by a bit. Not sure it's always been the case, but it is definitely what happened just now.
If you search the transaction id on the block explorer again, it now has 3 confirmations, so I'm guessing it's reached your wallet by now  Wink
Activity: 266
Infected Mushroom
April 29, 2015, 09:46:36 AM
It's my 1st withdrawal so somebody pls tell me how much time does it take to land in my wallet?

On blockexplorer:
Code:
Error! : Search found no results for: 951a9415d70a882d829becb724d377149b2fe137d75145f4a37db360c4f34536

Might be a stupid question, but did you confirm your withdrawel via e-mail?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006
April 29, 2015, 09:38:30 AM

On blockexplorer:
Code:
Error! : Search found no results for: 951a9415d70a882d829becb724d377149b2fe137d75145f4a37db360c4f34536
Activity: 92
April 29, 2015, 05:14:30 AM
This coin is still fairly young, so the community doesn't really know exactly what to think yet.  In all honesty though this coin is being backed by an actual company with good resources as opposed to a Lot of the other Alt Coins that might have fairly decent pricing behind them, but as with a Lot of altcoins as of late that I am seeing they tend to fall and level out below what they initially came in at.  The good thing about this is of course we can all get a Ton of coins cheap right now and when things to this coin do start to jump you will have the amount you need to do what you want with them.  Either way the company itself has been around since 2008 so that in and of itself is a good thing.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
April 28, 2015, 03:43:53 PM
Now that they announced The Mountain as a merchant, does that mean can we get official Ziftr PoK T-shirts from there?  Wink

Activity: 300
April 24, 2015, 03:05:54 AM
guys, guys... did you ever checked the www.ziftr.com ?
you can get the bigger picture there Wink

also you can get the latest news on the ziftr blog http://blog.ziftr.com/tag/ziftrcoin/
bitcointalk is not the main source for the news Wink
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
April 23, 2015, 01:35:13 PM
It was almost never an activist pursuit, but it once was an enthusiast one. Anyways, I agree.

For some people, it's a form of activism...they want to support the idea in a meaningful way and that involves keeping the network running. Either they run a node, or they mine, etc... I think after the bubble of late 2013, a gigantic influx of new miners came into alt-coins looking to get rich. They've had to adapt as prices have fallen off a cliff and now it's profit-chasing. At one time, long ago, it was mainly just something people either did for fun, or because they "believed in it" philosophically, which I consider a form of activism.
Activity: 68
April 23, 2015, 10:38:39 AM

Why wouldn't you give the coin time to get its legs under it, before deploying the payment platform to support it? I would think you'd want to make sure the protocol is rock solid and working, with a good network of miners behind it...because it's a core part of their plan and realistically, the only ones who want them to put a rush on it are the early adopters who want to see the price go up, and nothing more. They'll get it done, they'll do it right, and it'll work itself out. I swear, people in alt-coins have zero patience and almost no attention span, these days.

1st you develop a solid protocol for the payment platform
2nd you launch the coin and make the people mine and spread

not in the viceversa way

or maybe the time between phase 1 and must be fewer then 1 or 2 months

In a perfect world I agree. In practice, however, it's not that simple. I touched on this a bit before with the "chicken or the egg" thing, but there's a few reasons things had to happen in the order they did (timing, social obligations, manpower, etc).

The good news is we've actually had the payment platform running in a sandbox mode since a few days after coin launch. Unofficially, I suspect we'll actually have it out inside the 2 month window mentioned.
It was only the wind.
April 17, 2015, 07:04:23 AM
I've written up a post about this on reddit, so I'll refer you to that Wink

http://www.reddit.com/r/ziftrCOIN/comments/2xlgsz/how_does_the_ziftrcoin_mining_algorithm_work/

The TL;DR is that you can mine while proving knowledge of the transactions that you are mining to get a 5% higher reward. As wolf0 pointed out, though, no miners currently support mining with PoK on (except for the CPU QT wallet miner, which is really slow).

Thanks for watching this thread.
As far as I know your post on reddit seems to explain how the wallet POK operates.
Some gpu miner dev's told me that its not helping as much for getting an external (gpu)miner working with POK.
There are some more nuts to crack. I wrote you yesterday a reddit msg about this point (have on reddit a different username - cheers  Wink

It's not hard, just a pain in the ass - to do it with a pool, you'd need to either use getblocktemplate, extend Stratum, or make your own protocol. For soloing, just use getblocktemplate. Requesting the block template you need to generate work with GBT gets you the list of transactions as well. At this point, just build the block, and fetch your bytes out of there.
Pages:
Jump to: