Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PHS][50% PoS] PhilosopherStone | NoPremine |10 month Dist | 1.6.4.1 - page 36. (Read 121936 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I wish to set up a p2pool server for PHS.
Could anyone help me with the settings in Networks.py?

I'm think of the philosopherstone=math.Object parameters.
Do I really need to look at the wallet cpp code to get this, or is there somebody having these parameters?  Smiley

Any irc channel for this coin?
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
I sometimes get a warning "checkpoint is too old" in my wallet (v1.3.0.0), should I update the wallet then?

Had the same issue some days ago!
Upgrade to latest version Philosopherstone-1.4.1 should fix this problem!

Thx, wilco  Wink

Yep it may indicate you were not connected to network or a possible fork so you may need to re-stake your stones if you see a lower balance after catching up. (they will stake for higher amounts since time has increased, if you have an issue after resync post back)

Can check block height against: (mouse over green checkmark/syncing icon and visit this page, look at blocks to compare height)
http://phstones.com/mobile.php
legendary
Hey Mates,

got a question how the proof of stake exactly works!

I'm using paper wallets, if i send my PHS to paper wallet, they are staking after 5-10 days! That`s clear to me!
But should i have to import my private keys after a special period of time to get the max stake?

Im not sure, but i think you dont need to  .. Palm would answer you

Or is it just sending them to paper wallet and dont have to do anything after it, and it's staking the whole time?

Does it make a difference, if i send 1000 PHS to one wallet, or 10 x 100 PHS ?

1000 will generate 1 big stake
10x 100 will generate 10 smaller stakes...

Right Palm ?

Thanks for your help!!

Ok thanks for ur response ( also to scryptographer)
so to sum up, i can leave the phs for example 4 months on paper wallet and after importing my private key,
they will start staking for these (120 days-(5-10days)) ?!
This is also what i thought, but wanted to be sure about it!
Maybe we can also hear Palm to confirm this statement!

With CGB u have to send the coins every 90 days to another paperwallet to get the max coins!
When i read this, it makes me think to ask here for my lovely PHS! ;-))
'

Hi, yes, you can leave them as long as you want, but it does earn you less since you lose on compounding.  For a quick example:

You wait 30 days on 1000 coins and mint 41 stones, then 30 days later mint stones based on 1041, not 1000 , if you wait 60 days or longer you will lose some 'stake on stake'

So, the more often you stake, the more compounding !  You can google up 'compound interest calculator' to find what's right for you and see real world examples.

Hope this helps.
Activity: 9
I wish to set up a p2pool server for PHS.
Could anyone help me with the settings in Networks.py?

I'm think of the philosopherstone=math.Object parameters.
Activity: 623
Merit: 501
I sometimes get a warning "checkpoint is too old" in my wallet (v1.3.0.0), should I update the wallet then?

Thx, wilco  Wink
Activity: 284
Merit: 101
Guys is there Mac OS wallet for 1.4.1?

Is 1.4.0 affected by heartbleed?

Thanks!
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Hey Mates,

I'm using paper wallets, if i send my PHS to paper wallet, they are staking after 5-10 days! That`s clear to me!
But should i have to import my private keys after a special period of time to get the max stake?

Im not sure, but i think you dont need to  .. Palm would answer you

Or is it just sending them to paper wallet and dont have to do anything after it, and it's staking the whole time?

Right Palm ?

Thanks for your help!!

Ok thanks for ur response ( also to scryptographer)
so to sum up, i can leave the phs for example 4 months on paper wallet and after importing my private key,
they will start staking for these (120 days-(5-10days)) ?!
This is also what i thought, but wanted to be sure about it!
Maybe we can also hear Palm to confirm this statement!

With CGB u have to send the coins every 90 days to another paperwallet to get the max coins!
When i read this, it makes me think to ask here for my lovely PHS! ;-))

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
REAP WHAT YOU SOW I'm a big fish

Quote from Palmd P.36: Sending larger amounts just lowers the amount of 'dust' you will have. sending 500 at once will be one stake vrs 500 into 5x100 would be 5.

Help voting on mintpal folks !

ABOUT COINEX: it sounds like cryptorush troubles, I got some payments but yesterday I withdrawed some coins they didn't send it since it doesn't appear on blkexplorer (that is not PHS) I sent an email, no answer.
Activity: 61
Texas Proud
I WAS mining on phsblocks but they closed down on April 1st. I started on cryptotroll yesterday. Join it so we can get more coins.

I will never mine on minar.cc ever again. "Sheinsha" never responds to emails or PM's or even fixes errors with block rewards.
Case in Point: I was mining diamond coin on a minar.cc pool. I noticed that all the blocks that we found were reported to have a 1 coin payout. But if you went into the block explorer, you will see those same blocks with a reward of 2 or 8 or 16. So I PM'd Sheinsha, I posted on the forum page, I sent an email. Nothing...for 2 months. And out of the blue Sheinsha responds to just the PM that they fixed the rewards and they would want me back mining on their pool. So I responded: they need to back-pay all coins they stole from the miners BEFORE I would return. It's been over 2 months now....no response and no back-pay. Total coin thieves.
Activity: 303
Merit: 250
May be someone can help me here. Who is the owner of the pool http://phs.minar.cc ?
I cant unlock my account there, I've sent them an email, but no answer...

Edit: is there any pools except those in the OP? phs.minar.cc has ~10MH, phs.cryptcoins.net has ~0.5MH, phs.cryptotroll.com ~0.8MH. so where is total network 400+MH come from, solo mining? or may be it takes into account PoS mining too?
Activity: 143
Hey Mates,

Thanks for your help!!

I hope my understanding is correct, if not someone please correct me.

You need the client running and your stones available in balance to stake coins.
The POS-reward goes up the longer the stones sit in your wallet without being staked. So while the stones might be ready for staking after 5-10 days, leaving them for longer before importing them to your wallet will not hurt your overall profitability.

1000 PHS should stake faster than 10x100, due to higher coin age of the single block, but as mentioned above, in the end it makes no difference.

The interest made on staking requires your client to do some actual calculations, hence leaving your stones in a paperwallet will not generate any new stones.
Activity: 238
Hey Mates,

Im not sure, but i think you dont need to  .. Palm would answer you

Right Palm ?

Thanks for your help!!
Hey Mates,

Thanks for your help!!
I'm still a fan and it looks like PHS is working on its come back - price is climbing  Wink
Activity: 238
Why is PHS only coin I invest in for last months ?

1, It has 50 % yearly interest
2, It was found in middle of 2013 ? (I think)
3, PalmDetroit as a developer does great job here every day. He updates wallet, help us with our questions, fixes bugs.
4, SImilar to 2nd point - PHS is one of the oldest coins, so it has its reputation, its no another "pump-dump" coin

Thats why I dont sell my PHS or its "interest" .. and thank to all buyers who drove price to 21000 in last weeks. PHS is maybe only coin which value increased in last weeks ... (if I dont mention some "new" pump-dump coin)

So thank you very much PalmDetroit, keep up the good work, count on me, I hold PHS as a solid investment and hope we can reach new price highs soon Wink

Activity: 966
Merit: 513
Dood you gotta take it easy. You make other coin devs look bad. Cheesy
legendary

"miners tend to sell" this made ie. Freicoin are very hard standing, wonder how all the srypts will survive...
Interesting facts, seeing PHS in more or less certain price regions over many months manifesting your arguments.
Just be clear, claiming the double of a more and more destructive biz feels like the right thing to do, without irony 50% are fine for now.

Well with PHS and ASIC we can turn off PoW mining when the need arises  Wink

Yes increased TXs or we also could increase fees ( which would make it less appealing for microtransactions but better for stakes/long term saving).
mxn
Activity: 59
As soon withdraw/deposit is fixed on cryptsy a higher volume (up or down?) can be expect.

A few more exchanges would be nice, i am voting for PHS on https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Btw. i had my thinking on the the optimum rate of stake by guessing ca. half of it will be fresh liquidity for the markets.
Only time will tell how lower or higher interest as with Blackcoin (1%) or Mintcoin (20/15/10/5%) will perform,
but PHS makes me a perfect answer to Mr. Ackermann (Banker), who insolently claimed 25% for his biz.

I watch most of the PoS based coins to see real world examples, as its very interesting to me long term. 50% sounds high traditionally when comparing to 'real world assets' ie. savings accounts, bonds, stocks, etc... in cryptos, however,  you factor in lost days from tx's, exchanges and pools not staking, and the big tx fee destruction (right now its .01 per tx or 1 stone per 100tx standard tx, lost or forgotten paswords/wallets, And you get closer to 15% or less?  Just monitor current money supply and come to your own conclusion, will we hit 2 million at 1 year?  Compare this to bitcoin inflation 2nd year was 100%!

1% with fee destruction and you'll have deflationary crypto. If we went PoS only, stone creation would be very very low, too low really (for now), it may already be a liquidity problem and why high money supply coins have been doing quite well. (blackcoin 75 million is even small to some of these newer ones)

Ultimately, It's really up to the userbase, PHS is open source and open for other developers too. I think even a reduction to 25% and removal of PoW would keep the stone supply constant. Factors such as increase TX usage would make it deflationary even now quite easily (with larger adoption or even a simple site like dice).

as far as my estimates based on some querries run on the chain, about 80-90% of pow created stones are sold very quickly, with 10-20% of PoS being sold. IE stakers tend to reinvest, miners tend to sell.

"miners tend to sell" this made ie. Freicoin are very hard standing, wonder how all the srypts will survive...
Interesting facts, seeing PHS in more or less certain price regions over many months manifesting your arguments.
Just be clear, claiming the double of a more and more destructive biz feels like the right thing to do, without irony 50% are fine for now.

Pages:
Jump to: