Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PI] piCoin - The Math Cryptocurrency - Just Launched, Now on 3 Exchanges - page 17. (Read 81497 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Quick Announcement and Explanation:

The reason behind the lack of a clear decision either way is due to a disagreement among the team about whether or not there are any bugs in the code like some users believe. We have been working nonstop on building out this coin (from a marketing perspective) since launch, despite the disagreements. The team is still divided so we are reaching out to an experienced developer to either confirm or deny these suspicions, so if there are in fact bugs they will be fixed. We can't wait to move past this issue and focus on growth instead of source code.

Meanwhile, a lot of very positive things are happening in the piCoin community. NXT-e is now running a promotion giving away 2,000,000 piCoins to users who deposit BTC and/or NXT. Here are links to the PI/BTC market and the PI/NXT market.

We're also planning a very cool (and delicious) giveaway once we're past this debacle (hint: it involves pie).

As for sumpool, we aren't going to rush to any conclusions. We have put a warning in the original post until the outstanding issues are resolved. We're hopeful that it is just a temporary technical issue and everyone will receive their coins.
Activity: 400
Merit: 250
Of course it would launch at another time then written...it's becoming a requirement for coins
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Sometimes I do think the pool ops care more about a coin then the devs.

As a Pool OP I do want to see the coins I support work out just as much as anyone else.

I also try to be active in the communities, activity often brings awareness to the coin.
Activity: 196
Sometimes I do think the pool ops care more about a coin then the devs.
Activity: 238

Tell me this userpackman1....

Why is it that YOU are the ONLY pool owner asking for a fork?

Better yet... why do I only see a POOL OWNER asking for a fork, and not a ton of miners?

I'll tell you why... because the launch did not go the way you wanted it to... and you were left ass-out because your pool didn't get as many miners as you thought you would... and you also didn't find as many blocks as you wanted... therefore you didn't make enough profit.

Code:
Top 25 Blockfinder
Rank Username Blocks Coins Generated
1 anonymous 1 314,159
2 klyuev15 1 314,159
3 sglaze 1 314,159
4 pc555 1 314,159
5 771696 1 314,159

He is also a hosting company owner...

I'm just saying man... you're the ONLY one asking for a fork.

I'm not trying to troll, I'm raising suspicion where it is due.... it's kinda funny that nobody else is screaming FORK FORK FORK as loud as you.

17 miners, barely 9MH/s... I could see why you want a fork.

I'm asking dev to fix the problem since 13 hours ago, time someone pointed out the problem.
Forking the coin, implementing kgw, cause no interruption on mining side, all we need to do is download and run an updated wallet version so exactly what are you insinuating?
Would I gain miners from it? Would I gain fees from it?

I lost 80% of my miners since I keep telling there is a problem on difficulty retarget but I keep doing it cause I want the coin to succed.
Seriously I do not understand your accusations, but it's probably my fault, please explain me as if I'm a kid.

My second question not as much important as first one of course, and "not for trolling Wink" :
Why you keep saying there is no difficulty adjustement issue? I would be glad if you want to confute my calculations. Maybe I did my math wrong.
Here it is again:
18 hours are gone: we should find over 11 blocks in an hour, 206 in 18 hours. We found 99 in 18 hours (10 in first 8 minutes from the launch, 89 in remaining 17 hours and 3/4)
X-Pools owner is less optimistic than me, he said 23 minutes for a block. He probably didn't exagerate too much because mine is an average which includes first hour and blocks found by solominers in first seconds/minutes.
Dev feel free to confute me you too, of course.

P.s. Miners do not complains much..  if they see a dev doesn't care about his coin issue, they simply leave not to waste electricity bill. I myself am not mining this coin at this current screwed difficulty though I won't close the pool till a single loyal person keep mining with us.
Yeah... I mined your mom last night.
So I was about to leave my computer mining piCoin but now the pool I was using is down due to a ddos attack?  Another pool I was on tried running an alternate block chain... Nope, not trying another pool for this coin right now, how do I know a competitor didn't knock hashing.at out?? and that 314 price for cashing out is too high, anyway I've got 1600 piCoins in my wallet, I don't know how many more unconfirmed I've got while the server is down.. I'm back to mining Lottocoin and I'll see how this is all going after I get some sleep..  Shocked

also @renegadepcsolutions yeah I'm here mining at under 400 kH but I'd rather dump money into coins on cryptsy then buy more computer parts, get over yourself  Roll Eyes

read the 30 pages of yelling SCAM AND COINSTEALERS SUMPOOL!!!!

This is becoming overly annoying. I'm trying to get an idea on the community and if there is something going on or not with this coin but the thread is just unreadable.
And I almost lost of night when this launched.

READ THIS. IT SUMS IT UP

I got 40k in 13 hours mining @ 1.5 mh/s, is that right? Seems exceptionally low to me.

Block target time = 314 seconds.   (imagine its 360seconds, 10 blocks an hour, 240 blocks in 24hours)

Do your math, we're taking ages to solve a block and difficulty retargets every block according to number of shares used to solve the block before. It's broken.

Good news, it's very easy to fix as soon as Dev admit we're correct about it.

pfft, math. I haven't got time for that, I am busy holding this couch down.

Thanks to all that answered.

18 hours are gone: we should find over 11 blocks in an hour, 206 in 18 hours. We found 99 in 18 hours (10 in first 8 minutes from the launch, 89 in remaining 17 hours and 3/4)

And yes, if you're wondering situation is going slightly worst lately, some rig rentals are over, and network dropped a lot from launch time.

Positive side of the story, no one can complain about instamine  Grin

Is there an update about the coin's dysfunctional difficulty algorithm? 

Really hoping to see blocks produced at the expected rate. Waiting until KGW kicks in will kill this coin before it has a chance to fly.

+1

DEV PLEASE PREPARE THE FORK

Tell me this userpackman1....

Why is it that YOU are the ONLY pool owner asking for a fork?

Better yet... why do I only see a POOL OWNER asking for a fork, and not a ton of miners?

I'll tell you why... because the launch did not go the way you wanted it to... and you were left ass-out because your pool didn't get as many miners as you thought you would... and you also didn't find as many blocks as you wanted... therefore you didn't make enough profit.

Code:
Top 25 Blockfinder
Rank Username Blocks Coins Generated
1 anonymous 1 314,159
2 klyuev15 1 314,159
3 sglaze 1 314,159
4 pc555 1 314,159
5 771696 1 314,159

He is also a hosting company owner...

I'm just saying man... you're the ONLY one asking for a fork.

I'm not trying to troll, I'm raising suspicion where it is due.... it's kinda funny that nobody else is screaming FORK FORK FORK as loud as you.

17 miners, barely 9MH/s... I could see why you want a fork.

So I was about to leave my computer mining piCoin but now the pool I was using is down due to a ddos attack?  Another pool I was on tried running an alternate block chain... Nope, not trying another pool for this coin right now, how do I know a competitor didn't knock hashing.at out?? and that 314 price for cashing out is too high, anyway I've got 1600 piCoins in my wallet, I don't know how many more unconfirmed I've got while the server is down.. I'm back to mining Lottocoin and I'll see how this is all going after I get some sleep..  Shocked

also @renegadepcsolutions yeah I'm here mining at under 400 kH but I'd rather dump money into coins on cryptsy then buy more computer parts, get over yourself  Roll Eyes

This is becoming overly annoying. I'm trying to get an idea on the community and if there is something going on or not with this coin but the thread is just unreadable.

READ THIS

I got 40k in 13 hours mining @ 1.5 mh/s, is that right? Seems exceptionally low to me.

Block target time = 314 seconds.   (imagine its 360seconds, 10 blocks an hour, 240 blocks in 24hours)

Do your math, we're taking ages to solve a block and difficulty retargets every block according to number of shares used to solve the block before. It's broken.

Good news, it's very easy to fix as soon as Dev admit we're correct about it.

pfft, math. I haven't got time for that, I am busy holding this couch down.

Thanks to all that answered.

And yes, if you're wondering situation is going slightly worst lately, some rig rentals are over, and network dropped a lot from launch time.

Positive side of the story, no one can complain about instamine  Grin

Really hoping to see blocks produced at the expected rate. Waiting until KGW kicks in will kill this coin before it has a chance to fly.

+1

Selling piCoin PM ME

100k for .15 BTC

I'll give you 2 satoshis.
Activity: 56
We are the ONLY pool operating at 0% fee
All rewards will go to miners!

POOLNETWORK IS LIVE MINING PICOIN!

Our PiCoin pool will be running at 0% pool fee - All block rewards will be distributed between miners!

Fast & Reliable!
0% Pool Fee
Proportional Payout [VARDIFF]
Payouts every 5 MINUTES (if you enable auto-payment) *RECOMMENDED*
Mine with confidence..

./cgminer --scrypt  -o stratum+tcp://start.poolnetwork.org:1234 -u Weblogin.Worker -p Worker password

No you are not the only pool mining at 0% Because so is X-Pool and we have been doing it for a long time Smiley
CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

picoin.charityminingpools.com - NOW OPEN!

Sorry for the late launch.  Had to rebuild the pi database and website to get a fresh new launch in place.  If you pre-registered you will need to recreate your accounts.  Sorry for the inconvienence.

PROMOTION!
First 50 miners to sign up and start mining will receive 0% Lifetime piCoin Pool Fees!  Sign up and start mining now before they are all gone!
* Does not apply to the Manadtory %0.75 Donation fees that go to Charity

Come mine while making a difference.

Mandatory 0.75% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

SSL, STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.75% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause, 0.75% Pool Fees (0% Lifetime pi Pool Fees for the first 50 miners to sign up and mine), 0% AP TX Fees

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.75% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.75% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
We are the ONLY pool operating at 0% fee
All rewards will go to miners!

POOLNETWORK IS LIVE MINING PICOIN!

Our PiCoin pool will be running at 0% pool fee - All block rewards will be distributed between miners!

Fast & Reliable!
0% Pool Fee
Proportional Payout [VARDIFF]
Payouts every 5 MINUTES (if you enable auto-payment) *RECOMMENDED*
Mine with confidence..

./cgminer --scrypt  -o stratum+tcp://start.poolnetwork.org:1234 -u Weblogin.Worker -p Worker password

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
the windows wallet isn't syncing , i've created the piCoin.conf based on values from OP is there an update list of details to use?

http://pi.allpoolz.com
- Always 0% mining fees!
- Miner Notifications
- Port 8080 mining
- VARDIFF
- Stratum
- DDoS Protection
- Database off-loading (faster more reliable)
- Ticket support
- US Server

I will change the payout confirmations to 50.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Selling piCoin PM ME

100k for .15 BTC
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust

also @renegadepcsolutions yeah I'm here mining at under 400 kH but I'd rather dump money into coins on cryptsy then buy more computer parts, get over yourself  Roll Eyes

+1

PI.INTERNETARENA.IT

WE ARE LIVE !!! REGISTER NOW !

LOWERED TO 45 CONFIRMS AS REQUESTED

Payout: PROP 1% Fee only

Server: stratum+tcp://pi.internetarena.it:3336

Support: Mail support ([email protected])

Chat: http://pi.internetarena.it/index.php?page=about&action=chat   IRC: #internetarena

FELLOW MINERS PLEASE TRY https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mpos-dashboard/gbkkeiehdoobjfcfhfbkdoccobjfllgc
THIS PLUGIN LET YOU MONITOR AT ONCE ALL YOUR WORKERS ON ALL OUR MULTIPLE POOLS

Let us know if it works correctly, and if you enjoy it. Cheesy

Thanks to EM.EU
Activity: 10
Some one tell me if there is a p2pool!!!

http://pi.allpoolz.com
- Always 0% mining fees!
- Miner Notifications
- Port 8080 mining
- VARDIFF
- Stratum
- DDoS Protection
- Database off-loading (faster more reliable)
- Ticket support
- US Server

Ok, I will do the math.  The coin block time is suppose to be 314 seconds.  But, the network block time is more like 23 minutes.  You need 120 confirms for most pools to consider the coin to be valid and paid out to users.  So, that would be 46 hours for one coin to be confirmed.  Maybe the dev was a little off with the gravity well calculations, but it is SLOW.  Maybe it's intentional by the dev, but the diff seems to be really aggressive.
Activity: 56

WE ARE ONLINE

We've just launched our piCoin pool.
If you're looking to join the best, most experienced & professional pool. You should look no further.
We have features and experience you will struggle to fine elsewhere.
We love crypto, this is more than a hobby for us - its a lifestyle. If you are like us or a new miner please,
come join us and help us build a healthy community.

To make sure that everything is handeled proper, we aim to make our service:
Professional, dedicated and friendly. Come join us in our IRC channel.

If you want to request a new coin thats coming or something thats of value, please do not hesitate to tell us via IRC or our support mail.
we're always up for a chat about what value the future might hold:)

We are here to stay! And we will try to do the best we can with what we have to offer for the crypto community and you!
Because in crypto reputation is everything.

At this very moment we are trying to get our first block, so please support us and we will be very greatful Smiley

Server Information

• 1Gigabit Connection
  • 12 Core 24 Threads Xeon Processor
  • 64GB RAM
  • SSD + SAS Drive
  • DDoS Protection

Pool Information
  • 0% Fee
  • Confirmations: 60
  • 1% Blockfinder bounty reward
  • PPLNS
  • Helpful and experienced server admins