Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][PI] piCoin - The Math Cryptocurrency - Just Launched, Now on 3 Exchanges - page 23. (Read 81497 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Selling 99800 picoin at 0.00002 each
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
To everyone mining at pi.hashing.at:

The block confirmations are very slow on this coin, even though it requires only 30 confirms, the system won't process the payments because of the high unconfirmed amount.

This being said I have manually processed all the manual & auto payments.

So if you've setup a manual or automatic payment and didn't receive it yet, please let me know.

Around 700,000+ PI were paid in this batch.

You can see the block statistics here: http://pi.hashing.at/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks
Activity: 1029
Merit: 712
PEOPLE PLEASE STOP PANICK ABOUT POOL SCAMS

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS A "CONFIRMATION" IN CRYPTOCURRENCY WORLD?

POOL WALLETS DO NOT RECEIVE COINS AS SOON AS THEY FOUND A BLOCK, THEY DO IT WHEN THEY'RE MATURE, WHEN THERE ARE X CONFIRMATIONS ON THE NETWORK.
(120 IS STANDARD, COINS DEVELOPERS MAY CHANGE THAT)

Q) WHEN DOES IT GAIN 1 CONFIRMATION?
A) AS SOON AS NEXT BLOCK IS FOUND!

Picoin was released to the public 12 hours ago, around block 750.
My pool was the biggest at launch, and found its first block at number 761. Luckier/unluckier pools are in similar situation cause launch was fair.

We're now on block 827.  Coins are not mature yet for pools software (its set at 120, even if coin is 30 or 60 or 90, pool admin may change that parameter, not suggested by software devs beacuse of tecnichal details you do not care about)

You should focus on: " wtf, 12 hours and the first block found by the first pool is not confirmed yet??" NO IT' S NOT (53blocks to go , so 67 found)
And first mins my pool was very lucky, found 4 blocks in 18 minutes.

Why?
Because diff retarget is screwed. Network should find 1 block every 6 mins on average (even less to tell the truth but lets keep things simple), 10blocks an hour, 120 in 12 hours.

I'll lower confirmations to 60 as soon as I'm back to the pc on pi.internetarena.it btw.

Thank you, very useful post.

Though bearing in mind the highlighted bit - where are the coins already on the exchanges coming from?  The premine I guess?

Edited to add: On re-reading I realise it is because you have confirms set to 120 and others probably at 60 or even 30.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
still NO COINS FROM SUMPOOL

Do you have any in your Unconfirmed on the dashboard?

Pi.allcoinz.com

Confirmed   0.000000
Unconfirmed   14,075.092261

Pi.sumpool.com

Confirmed   0.000000
Unconfirmed   10,668.978704

I'am done with this PIcoin. Time to move on, no more time wasting.
Activity: 238
PEOPLE PLEASE STOP PANICK ABOUT POOL SCAMS

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS A "CONFIRMATION" IN CRYPTOCURRENCY WORLD?

POOL WALLETS DO NOT RECEIVE COINS AS SOON AS THEY FOUND A BLOCK, THEY DO IT WHEN THEY'RE MATURE, WHEN THERE ARE X CONFIRMATIONS ON THE NETWORK.
(120 IS STANDARD, COINS DEVELOPERS MAY CHANGE THAT)

Q) WHEN DOES IT GAIN 1 CONFIRMATION?
A) AS SOON AS NEXT BLOCK IS FOUND!

Picoin was released to the public 12 hours ago, around block 750.
My pool was the biggest at launch, and found its first block at number 761. Luckier/unluckier pools are in similar situation cause launch was fair.

We're now on block 827.  Coins are not mature yet for pools software (its set at 120, even if coin is 30 or 60 or 90, pool admin may change that parameter, not suggested by software devs beacuse of tecnichal details you do not care about)

You should focus on: " wtf, 12 hours and the first block found by the first pool is not confirmed yet??" NO IT' S NOT (53blocks to go , so 67 found)
And first mins my pool was very lucky, found 4 blocks in 18 minutes.

Why?
Because diff retarget is screwed. Network should find 1 block every 6 mins on average (even less to tell the truth but lets keep things simple), 10blocks an hour, 120 in 12 hours.

I'll lower confirmations to 60 as soon as I'm back to the pc on pi.internetarena.it btw.

Activity: 42
it's been many hours, i've been scammed of millions of coins... i can't chill... and none of the involved people are saying anything or giving any answers to what's going on
Blocks take up to 30 confirmations to fully mature. We can't confirm that this is the cause of the issues you're experiencing, but it very well might be the case. The block time for piCoin is slightly longer than most coins, so this may be more noticeable than usual. We can't confirm either way though as we do not have enough specifics.
Activity: 7
Chill down a bit bro Smiley

I've gotten 7k confirmed coins from hashing.at.

The blocks needs to be confirmed before payout is executed.

couldn't register on bondni since they apparently don't send the confirmation address. signed up at pi.internetarena. PLEASE DON'T BE A FOURTH SCAMPOOL THANK YOU. I need some coins... i've wasted a day on this already
Activity: 2
pi.hashing.at doesn't seem to be paying - auto payout over threshold on confirmed coins and manual payout not doing anything.

Don't want to add to the crap on this thread but this coin really has had an unfortunate start it seems.

Yep, I'm encountering the same issue with pi.hashing.at, confirmed coins in my balance, accepting manual payout, but no payout occurring to my wallet!!!

UPDATE:

Finally did receive payout from pi.hashing.at!

Not sure why it was so slow (coins were confirmed and in my balance).

Activity: 616
Merit: 251
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Guys the block time is very long on this coin, thus confirms take much longer than other coins.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

HUGE piCoin In-Article Giveaway http://altcoinauthority.com/2014/03/picoin-launch-on-piday/

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!
Also i'm now on the 3rd pool and I feel scam talky again. I have 27500 coins not being confirmed for hours now in www.pi.hash.at please let me know what's happening. I'm feeling i just wasted a day on this fucking coin and it all ammounts to a big scam. Has someone actually really gotten any coins in their wallet? I haven't been able to get any and i've been hashing with 4mh since a little after the launch.
NO COINS CONFIRMED YET FOR 4MH

CHECK OUT THE PICTURE THEY LINKED ON THIS THREAD http://pi.sumpool.com/20140314135447.jpg

In this particular pool blame, not the coin. I can confirm that I received coins. Here are the details of the transaction:

Code:
Date: 14.03.2014 19:53
To: 5MWnKmxZcSxqN5f99EEyyjsCWKbpAKwG1M (own address)
Credit: 314159.00 pi
Net amount: +314159.00 pi
Transaction ID: 4aa1e5848d9e643a94c048268a36063a4d0a84701a020c273826d55468189359
Activity: 153
Have to give credit to Bondni. 40k coins just appeared in my wallet. Nice one.

Might hop back there now.

It finally got a block.
Activity: 427
Merit: 252
pi.hashing.at doesn't seem to be paying - auto payout over threshold on confirmed coins and manual payout not doing anything.

Don't want to add to the crap on this thread but this coin really has had an unfortunate start it seems.
Activity: 28
Have to give credit to Bondni. 40k coins just appeared in my wallet. Nice one.

Might hop back there now.
Ok, well, with all the controversy, which pools work?
THIS ONE DOES :-)

PI.INTERNETARENA.IT

WE ARE LIVE !!! REGISTER NOW !

We will organize bounties/promotions for the first blockfinders

PAYOUTS EVERY 10 MINUTES!

Payout: PROP 1% Fee only

Server: stratum+tcp://pi.internetarena.it:3336

Support: Mail support ([email protected])

Chat: http://pi.internetarena.it/index.php?page=about&action=chat   IRC: #internetarena

FELLOW MINERS PLEASE TRY https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mpos-dashboard/gbkkeiehdoobjfcfhfbkdoccobjfllgc
THIS PLUGIN LET YOU MONITOR AT ONCE ALL YOUR WORKERS ON ALL OUR MULTIPLE POOLS

Let us know if it works correctly, and if you enjoy it. Cheesy

Thanks to EM.EU
Activity: 153
Ok, well, with all the controversy, which pools work?
Hey Dev, difficulty is still screwed by 1 block retarget..

Yes, blocks have been taking a bit long to get solved. piCoin is meant to be mined out over a longer period of time than a lot of new alt coins these days, but we do understand the the current block rate can be too slow at times. We're going to evaluate it over the next several hours and if necessary we will come out with an update. The difficulty has been pretty steady at 50 for the past 30 blocks though so it's very possible that no updates will be necessary. Except for blocks 780-783 blocks have been solved at a solid pace.

I'm not a math genius, but you told us block time target is 314 seconds.
Would you kindly tell me average blockfind time of last 20-30 blocks?

userpacman1,

You need to get the network time to settle. It's only been a few hours since the difficulty spike due to a heavy amount of miners jumping on the network.

Sorry but there is not such a thing as "network time to setttle" with difficulty retargetting every 1 block (and no +-xx% limit)

Yeah... I mined your mom last night.

Yes, blocks have been taking a bit long to get solved. piCoin is meant to be mined out over a longer period of time than a lot of new alt coins these days, but we do understand the the current block rate can be too slow at times. We're going to evaluate it over the next several hours and if necessary we will come out with an update. The difficulty has been pretty steady at 50 for the past 30 blocks though so it's very possible that no updates will be necessary. Except for blocks 780-783 blocks have been solved at a solid pace.

userpacman1,

You need to get the network time to settle. It's only been a few hours since the difficulty spike due to a heavy amount of miners jumping on the network.

Yeah... I mined your mom last night.
wallet wont sync

Create your picoin.conf file in your appdata folder, and put this in it:

piCoinProject beat me to it.
Activity: 42

wallet wont sync

Please add the config file to AppData/Roaming/piCoin

piCoin.conf:
Code:
addnode=107.170.231.15
addnode=50.174.64.187
addnode=148.251.12.124
addnode=98.126.255.243
server=1
listen=1
rpcuser=pi
rpcpassword=coin