Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 106. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
Seriously, who gives half a shit about middlecoin's lack of transparency or crappy website or lack of stats and coins being mined? The only thing that REALLY matters is which pool pays out more!

I bet that while people were burdening hashcows devs/operators with yet more worthless nonsense and nitpicking, the middlecoin guy was silently adding and milking Dogecoin giving those stratospheric payouts. So, being opaque and shutting up about which coin is being mined, ends up being better after all!
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Also, is the pool currently working?  Or still having problems?

Also, what's the procedure on adding new coins.  And exchanging them.

Not sure about website.  When you auto exchange, do you exchange as you go but I get btc payout only after everything gets matured and exchanged.  Or is autoexchange defined as you waiting for everything to mature and then exchange and then I get btc but price may have dropped.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Is middlecoin now disclosing the coins they mine? That was part of the reason I've pretty much written them off completely. Low payouts, no idea what's being mined, just no transparency in general.

Yeah, but you can see why the have low transparency.  it's so other pools don't know what they're mining.  They get to mine dogecoins without other people knowing (sort of).  Anyways, going into a private pool is sort of like a hedgefund.  You have to trust the owners.  Also, in hedgefunds they can be more aggressive because they can make mistakes (big bets) and you might not notice.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Is middlecoin now disclosing the coins they mine? That was part of the reason I've pretty much written them off completely. Low payouts, no idea what's being mined, just no transparency in general.
No, they're still secret as far as listing goes.  But if you look at scrypt coins and then look at the current difficulty in cgminer(the newer ones show scrypt difficulty correctly, earlier versions you have to do a little bit of math)  you can identify them that way.   
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
yes, even today, my unexchanged plus exchanged(i've been over at middlecoin til yesterday around payout time) is greater than what i'd get mining straight ltc to exchange to btc.  granted it isn't by a huge margin, but it's slightly better at the moment with several hours left to go.   and that would be if i was mining LTC at 100% PPS.

middlecoin had a crazy payout, check their thread.  that isn't an apt comparison for that reason

whats your point, you're the one who was talking sampling methods.  So you are saying that the conditions existing today 12/21/2013 on hashcows=the conditions of that date on middlecoin?   Why don't you try comparing the payouts of hashcows the last few days and middlecoins.   But you won't do that, just like you won't read Middlecoins thread.  Several users there within the last day or so have mentioned that they're expecting normal payouts that are much lower than what they've had the past few days.   Just as the high payouts were noted as unusually good when they first occurred.

Middlecoin was having unusually high payouts because they switched to DOGE before everyone else. if you compare the period where hashcows mine Sexcoin while nobody else was you'd see a similar result.  DOGE isn't uber profitable anymore, and Middlecoin mines LTC sometimes when the other alts fall, whereas here we have SBC, Anoncoin, FST and several others that multipool and middlecoin don't hit.  
Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.
yes, even today, my unexchanged plus exchanged(i've been over at middlecoin til yesterday around payout time) is greater than what i'd get mining straight ltc to exchange to btc.  granted it isn't by a huge margin, but it's slightly better at the moment with several hours left to go.   and that would be if i was mining LTC at 100% PPS.

middlecoin had a crazy payout, check their thread.  that isn't an apt comparison for that reason
Whenever I see people say this I wonder if they actually know ltc profitability.  It's less than half of what our worst days usually are

Do you think normally mining LTC has worse profitability that mining with this pool today?

yes, even today, my unexchanged plus exchanged(i've been over at middlecoin til yesterday around payout time) is greater than what i'd get mining straight ltc to exchange to btc.  granted it isn't by a huge margin, but it's slightly better at the moment with several hours left to go.   and that would be if i was mining LTC at 100% PPS.
Activity: 321
Whenever I see people say this I wonder if they actually know ltc profitability.  It's less than half of what our worst days usually are

Do you think normally mining LTC has worse profitability that mining with this pool today?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Is it ok? Is it not ok? I really like the hashco.ws community but I spend far too much time worrying about whether the bloody pool is available lol. Is middlecoin.com more stable?

Sure, try your luck at the middlefinger pool.
You'll be glad coming back here.

Not quite... I make almost double at middlecoin than I was making at hashcows

So you mined on our pool and middlecoin at the same time with the same hashrate on both? You are comparing apples to oranges if you haven't.

We have had a few coin switching issues but even with that I don't see how that's possible.

I'm actually a big fan and backer of Hashcows, so take this constructively.  Lately, even without the issues, this statement is actually true for the last week and a half or so.  I DO mine on both with similar horsepower and watch the profits closely. The reason why Middlecoin has been killing it lately is because they jumped on Dogecoin about 4 days before Hashcows did and made a killing.

Usually I make 0.03 or so average a day here.  Same over at Middlecoin.  You guys are usually pretty close.   Sometime last week, I had days at Middlecoin that were 0.09, 0.086, 0.078, while Hashcows was still hovering around 0.03.  So for this week all my hash power went to Middlecoin and luckily for me at least, that's when you guys started having issues.  It'll stay there until your issues are resolved, and then I can balance across both again.

One reason for the recent success at Middlecoin is that h2osysee somehow did manual exchanges of the stuck Coins while Cryptsy and others were down, all immediately before each payout cycle time. So huge huge payouts. Don't know how he did it.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Why are we not mining any of the 7 more profitable currencies than DOGE?  Undecided

The fun has been had, but memes die out. This coin was dumped so hard at inflated prices, that buy interest is almost nil.

Lets move on for now. This coin will not be going up again, too many people were robbed in the bubble, the laughs are wearing out, and people realize they took a joke too seriously.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Is it ok? Is it not ok? I really like the hashco.ws community but I spend far too much time worrying about whether the bloody pool is available lol. Is middlecoin.com more stable?

So you mined on our pool and middlecoin at the same time with the same hashrate on both? You are comparing apples to oranges if you haven't.

We have had a few coin switching issues but even with that I don't see how that's possible.
Activity: 126

So, my best guess is that the pool operators are still in the (everlasting) process of fine-tuning this pool.
Give-em a break please. The results of the last 2 days of mining the latest hypecoin were superb !!

GO COWS, GO !!   Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin

Alright.

My concern is that there is no way to get a good benchmark of how profitable this pool and DOGE is compared to a regular LTC pool.

I see all of these issues with the switching and now the exchange being delayed. Maybe i will head over to coinotron for a week and see how the LTC is doing.
Whenever I see people say this I wonder if they actually know ltc profitability.  It's less than half of what our worst days usually are
Activity: 294
A LOT of red on the board today.

Is that due to the stratum issues? Or just bad luck?
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
We experienced some stratum issues earlier this morning. Its mostly stabilized in recent rounds, but we are continuing to work on the issue. We hope to have a new switching system in place sometime this weekend, that will smooth out all coin switches in general, and help prep for a 2nd stratum server hopefully to come after the holidays. Thank you for your patience.

Activity: 200
middlecoin would be ok as a backup pool
Activity: 95
Merit: 10

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Can we stay on worldCoin for a while.. Need to lock down to worldcoin for a few days.  It will be the best.  Don't change.  Or give Worldcoin a large handicap advantage.  reason being that the main worldcoin pool went down, and I attribute the large spike in hash rate on this pool to that pool going down.

Worldcoin is really paying out the best for days.

Wdc is up relatively high because today is the day that hte WDC people are opening their wdc-to-cash exchange. It was higher pre-China crash also on statements at the wdc site that they were trying to get it on to btc-e.  Still though not wise to mine on what Might happen or Might effect price, profit pools are all about what makes money in the Now.

Scharmbeck is in Beta mode as of today. Expect WDC to rise. Mine it and do not autotrade.
Activity: 140
Jump to: