Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 173. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I´ve got a picture! Haha!
So here is a little comparison between middlecoin vs hashcows..

Middlecoin BTC per MH/day through the last 12 days
    .02013 BTC TOTAL // 0.0167 per day avg

Hashcows BTC per MH/day through the last 12 days
    .02354 BTC TOTAL // 0.0196 per day avg

That is a difference is approximately 16% over the 12 day period from my estimates..

16% is quite a sizeable difference, over a 12 days period. That's ~40% a month, or %480 over the course of a year. Math is awesome!!!

uh, percents don't work like that.

Of course not, but its much more fun this way
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
User Ledger needs to be updated.  We should be able to see all transactions transparently.  Need to be able to go back as long as possible not the last 50 or so transactions.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us

That is a difference is approximately 16% over the 12 day period from my estimates..

16% is quite a sizeable difference, over a 12 days period. That's ~40% a month, or %480 over the course of a year. Math is awesome!!!

uh, percents don't work like that.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Wow..  I hope the good news your about to tell us is that we can expect the results to be more like today's results going forward..

Bummer..  Spoke too soon..  Why is it that all the sudden Est dropped almost 50%?HuhHuh?

The much  higher than normal estimated earnings was due to a bug specific to the est. earnings script.  I had fixed it in the actual payout script, but forgot to also correct it in est. earnings.  Its unfortunate, I know everyone was looking forward to x3 to x4 rewards today...

I've been thinking it through a bit after seeing the pool stratum connection disconnect at every start of a new round.  Seeing my miner go down for 15-30 seconds, and about 45 seconds till they are back up to speed.

I am wondering are you restarting a new stratum server each time it switches coins?

If so I wonder if it would be more efficient to have a stratum proxy (or 2, one in NA) running with a really fast reconnect rate to the pool stratum server ... and have all clients maintain connections to that proxy, seems to me that doing this may might get a faster work restart after the coin switch.

Its been bugging me in my head that I see stuff like this quite often in my miner output on the coin switch. This one happened right on the finding of a block ... did it even get found, or was that one of the 24 shares lost due to disconnect?

[2013-09-28 14:25:23] Accepted 7009652c Diff 1.12K/20 GPU 0
 [2013-09-28 14:25:34] Found block for pool 0!
 [2013-09-28 14:26:57] Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted
 [2013-09-28 14:26:57] Lost 24 shares due to stratum disconnect on pool 0
 [2013-09-28 14:27:19] Pool 0 stratum+tcp://stratum01.hashco.ws:8888 not respond
ing!

I'm not sure if its the case for you as well or not (and it may be rather difficult to tell), but one thing I noticed during my testing, is that my client would show a much longer overall disconnect period than was actually happening.  It seemed to take quite awhile for my miner to start showing accepted shares again, even though the stratum logs on the server were showing me submitting them much sooner.

I will however look into this.  Always looking for ways to improve.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
¡pI∀˥OOʞ ⅄ƎH

Yep, got to love math!:D
Activity: 182
fml

Activity: 114
¡pI∀˥OOʞ ⅄ƎH

legendary
Activity: 854
Wow..  I hope the good news your about to tell us is that we can expect the results to be more like today's results going forward..

Bummer..  Spoke too soon..  Why is it that all the sudden Est dropped almost 50%?HuhHuh?

But I will say that so far I see no major difference in profits between here, middlcoin, and Multpool... Nothing that really sets any of these apart from the other...

I remember Middlecoin to be wildly unpredictable in actual earnings.  More often than not i'd be getting the short end of the stick.

If this pool can normalize what i *should* be getting per my hash rate / prof then i'm a very happy camper. 

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I've been thinking it through a bit after seeing the pool stratum connection disconnect at every start of a new round.  Seeing my miner go down for 15-30 seconds, and about 45 seconds till they are back up to speed.

I am wondering are you restarting a new stratum server each time it switches coins?

If so I wonder if it would be more efficient to have a stratum proxy (or 2, one in NA) running with a really fast reconnect rate to the pool stratum server ... and have all clients maintain connections to that proxy, seems to me that doing this may might get a faster work restart after the coin switch.

Its been bugging me in my head that I see stuff like this quite often in my miner output on the coin switch. This one happened right on the finding of a block ... did it even get found, or was that one of the 24 shares lost due to disconnect?

[2013-09-28 14:25:23] Accepted 7009652c Diff 1.12K/20 GPU 0
 [2013-09-28 14:25:34] Found block for pool 0!
 [2013-09-28 14:26:57] Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted
 [2013-09-28 14:26:57] Lost 24 shares due to stratum disconnect on pool 0
 [2013-09-28 14:27:19] Pool 0 stratum+tcp://stratum01.hashco.ws:8888 not respond
ing!

Hmm ... as I type this it seems it is a much longer than normal disconnect Sad.

Activity: 154
stratum currently down
Activity: 196

But I will say that so far I see no major difference in profits between here, middlcoin, and Multpool... Nothing that really sets any of these apart from the other...

Activity: 138
Awesome pool, thanks guys!
Love the "Disable autotrade" function, which means that I mine the favorite coins at low diff automatically, nice.
Activity: 45
Why there isn't an API for monitoring ?
Activity: 196
Activity: 95
When mining scrypt, you need 1 core on your CPU "available" to get your best hashrate.  It doesn't seem like it should be that way, but I discovered that when I was trying LTC on the GPU and CPU at the same time.  The loss of 1 core on CPU was trivial compared to the hashrate lost on the GPU.

Give that man a cigar !!

That, sir, just made it into the top three best tips ever.
Thanks a lot.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
I've really been enjoying this pool so far. I get to keep the coins I want to keep, and auto-exchange the rest! I was wondering if you guys could decrease the ANC 0.1 withdrawal fee though. MEC withdrawal fee at 0.1 is fair, but ANC at 0.1 is a bit too much. If you guys made the ANC withdrawal fee 0.01 that would be a lot more fair.

Thanks for the good feedback. We will take a look at the fees.

Any shot at adding BBQ? 
We added the coin before but had some problems due to stratum. So for now its disabled. But maybe in the future.

Also coins are traded through out the day Smiley
legendary
Activity: 854
Any shot at adding BBQ? 
Activity: 7
I've really been enjoying this pool so far. I get to keep the coins I want to keep, and auto-exchange the rest! I was wondering if you guys could decrease the ANC 0.1 withdrawal fee though. MEC withdrawal fee at 0.1 is fair, but ANC at 0.1 is a bit too much. If you guys made the ANC withdrawal fee 0.01 that would be a lot more fair.
Activity: 134
The estimate should come down, it's just a combo of a GREAT dgc round being traded within he first hour of the new day and some pretty good rounds on other coins. We don't expect this Daily BTC Est to stay that high, unless DGC wants to come back to party with the cows! Smiley

It should be a good day regardless though!

Hopefully if all goes well, we will have some good news to share with everyone tonight/tomorrow!

Moooooooooo

So are you saying that DGC round is sold and in the bank?  What's the good news?  Free 7970's for everyone?  Grin
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
The estimate should come down, it's just a combo of a GREAT dgc round being traded within he first hour of the new day and some pretty good rounds on other coins. We don't expect this Daily BTC Est to stay that high, unless DGC wants to come back to party with the cows! Smiley

It should be a good day regardless though!

Hopefully if all goes well, we will have some good news to share with everyone tonight/tomorrow!

Moooooooooo
Jump to: