Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 174. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Activity: 200

I tried CPU mining both XPM and QRK, found that while doing so, even with one or 2 cores left free (6 core processor), I was still way more likely to have my rig completly lock up and have to be rebooted,  had 3 or 4 hard lockups in a day or 2 of trying to mine either cpu coin, had to hit the reset button each time ... doesn't seem to happen when I use the cpu to mine scrypt based coins (can do roughly 40KH/s on scrypt with 5 out of 6 core). Been debating overclocking the cpu for a bit better returns, but would want to upgrade my cooling before I try.

don't bother the hashrate vs power consumption is not worth it.  just let it run along for the ride.  only put it on a varr diff server so that you can mine at low diff rates.
Current Hash Rate  Accepted  Rejected  Reject Rate  Est. Daily BTC Earnings  
2,835 Kh/s30616.67 %0.16894104
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Try lowering the diff on your 6990, even try multiple threads on a lower intesity.  Yes you get a slightly lower hashrate (difference on my cards is like 5-10kh/s) but you get less stales and a higher return, at-least that's what I have found anyway.

Thanks for your advise.

However, I do need the high intensity because this rig is also CPU mining XPM.
If I cut intensity below 18 the hashrate skydives, unless I stop the CPU miner.
The 6990 does 950 Kh/s on I 19, with CPU miner enabled it drops to 915.
Any lowering of intensity has a dramatic impact on the hashrate. (I 17 gives 600-650)
So, thats why I'm reluctantly pointing it at a LTC pool. High hashrate, almost no rejects, and my CPU is doing something usefull.

When mining scrypt, you need 1 core on your CPU "available" to get your best hashrate.  It doesn't seem like it should be that way, but I discovered that when I was trying LTC on the GPU and CPU at the same time.  The loss of 1 core on CPU was trivial compared to the hashrate lost on the GPU.

Lol I did not know this and thought you were full of hoowie until I tried it myself and it turns out sir that you know what you are talking about.  I was having problems with hash rate on 3 rigs where I had been running my CPU on SRC and never made the connection until I read this.  I was killing myself trying to figure out what the issue was.  I freed up one core on each machine and TADA! back to normal.  I say good on you.  Thanks!

I tried CPU mining both XPM and QRK, found that while doing so, even with one or 2 cores left free (6 core processor), I was still way more likely to have my rig completly lock up and have to be rebooted,  had 3 or 4 hard lockups in a day or 2 of trying to mine either cpu coin, had to hit the reset button each time ... doesn't seem to happen when I use the cpu to mine scrypt based coins (can do roughly 40KH/s on scrypt with 5 out of 6 core). Been debating overclocking the cpu for a bit better returns, but would want to upgrade my cooling before I try.
Activity: 102
Try lowering the diff on your 6990, even try multiple threads on a lower intesity.  Yes you get a slightly lower hashrate (difference on my cards is like 5-10kh/s) but you get less stales and a higher return, at-least that's what I have found anyway.

Thanks for your advise.

Any lowering of intensity has a dramatic impact on the hashrate. (I 17 gives 600-650)
So, thats why I'm reluctantly pointing it at a LTC pool. High hashrate, almost no rejects, and my CPU is doing something usefull.

When mining scrypt, you need 1 core on your CPU "available" to get your best hashrate.  It doesn't seem like it should be that way, but I discovered that when I was trying LTC on the GPU and CPU at the same time.  The loss of 1 core on CPU was trivial compared to the hashrate lost on the GPU.

Lol I did not know this and thought you were full of hoowie until I tried it myself and it turns out sir that you know what you are talking about.  I was having problems with hash rate on 3 rigs where I had been running my CPU on SRC and never made the connection until I read this.  I was killing myself trying to figure out what the issue was.  I freed up one core on each machine and TADA! back to normal.  I say good on you.  Thanks!
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Is the server causing queuing of submissions for HBN? 
I'm watching my miner for the current HBN round (1448), and was noticing that each of my miners was exhibiting the following behaviour:  There would be no submissions for 20-30 seconds, then on each of them the screen would fill either a stream of accepts or rejects, all submitted on the exact same second.  After five minutes or so, it stopped doing this, and they all started submitting as they were found, but looking a the reject rate for the round being 20%, I thought I would bring it up.

I wasn't able to catch this at the time, but unrelated, we've noticed HBN has been a rather poor performer for us of late.  We've reduced its chances of being hit for the time being.  I'll try and catch it next time to keep an eye on it, should we happen to hit it again anyways.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
Is the server causing queuing of submissions for HBN? 
I'm watching my miner for the current HBN round (1448), and was noticing that each of my miners was exhibiting the following behaviour:  There would be no submissions for 20-30 seconds, then on each of them the screen would fill either a stream of accepts or rejects, all submitted on the exact same second.  After five minutes or so, it stopped doing this, and they all started submitting as they were found, but looking a the reject rate for the round being 20%, I thought I would bring it up.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500

Thanks for your advise.

Thanks for your advise.

Set CPU Miner to Lowest Priority in Windows or set the NICE value to 10 (using RENICE) for *nix to give your CGMiner higher priority.  This should give you more breathing room.
Activity: 95

Thanks for your advise.

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Oddly, this seems to be a common theme at around the same time (of course when we are sleeping) the stratum goes down for a short time, we will have this fixed ASAP.

We are sorry for the inconvenience but we do have some good news on the way soon Smiley

- Stratum back up
Activity: 150
I'm glad I set up a failover pool this morning.

In that respect it would be good to have a stat on the most profitable coin the cow has seen the last 3,5,7 days to help us figure out what pool to set up for the (hopefully rare) occasion requiring a failover?
Activity: 134
Pool down again.  Come on guys, either stay awake 24 hours a day or get a back up server online..   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Got 2 x machines that cant get connect.

Moooo
I'm tripping over to my backups again Sad
I run my 7950 at 13 intensity with 2 GPU threads to reduce the rejected shares. It is 15% slower than 19 intensity with 1 GPU thread.

I've dropped the intensity on all of my cards down to 18 (5850's, 5870's, 6950's and 7950's) running 1 GPU thread and the rejects are around 4-5%  If I put them any higher the rejects jump to 12-15%.

Sorry to report I switched the 6990 rig over to a LTC pool.
Reason : rejects all over the place.
The 7970 rig is still happy moooo-ing away however.
As I mentioned before, the 6990 on I 19 setting does not like the low diff coins.
The 7970's on I 13 dont care about it.
Same mobo/os/miner etc.
It has nothing to do with the pool.
Perhaps I'd better sell the 6990's and buy back 7970 instead....

Try lowering the diff on your 6990, even try multiple threads on a lower intesity.  Yes you get a slightly lower hashrate (difference on my cards is like 5-10kh/s) but you get less stales and a higher return, at-least that's what I have found anyway.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
I run my 7950 at 13 intensity with 2 GPU threads to reduce the rejected shares. It is 15% slower than 19 intensity with 1 GPU thread.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
This KrugerCoin is a pain

Hashrate     74 Kh/s
Reject Rate    89.19 %   

otoh, I have a 6950 and a 7870 XT, one used and the other is a well known failure at scrypt.

I wonder if I'm having the same problem as Epeus, just at a smaller scale. If not, honestly don't know what to do. Your pool is by far the best in so many ways, but my weird setup has some trouble with it.
Activity: 141
Sorry to report I switched the 6990 rig over to a LTC pool.
Reason : rejects all over the place.
The 7970 rig is still happy moooo-ing away however.
As I mentioned before, the 6990 on I 19 setting does not like the low diff coins.
The 7970's on I 13 dont care about it.
Same mobo/os/miner etc.
It has nothing to do with the pool.
Perhaps I'd better sell the 6990's and buy back 7970 instead....

Yeah, this has to do with the intensity value. Dropping down to i18 on a 7950 helps some, at the loss of hashrate, of course. Perhaps not a bad compromise, it's what I used back when I was mining DGC.

Since the 7970's for whatever reason like i13 as a sweet spot, as you say, they do quite a bit better.
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org