Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 187. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
Some coins are worthless to mine, regardless of calculations picking them the most profitable. Take a look at this example:

Code:
Round  Coin Length              My Est. Earnings
576 CGB 00:14:35 0.000253 BTC
575 KGC 00:41:44 0.000107 BTC
574 GLD 00:08:03 0.00011 BTC
An 8 minute GLD round provided the same earning as a 42 min KGC round. CGB was much better than KGC, only for 14 minutes. While mining KGC, the pool reported 160 - 200 Kh, while I was pointing 870 at it. Cgminer reported lots of stales and rejects.

Please black list some coins and don't switch to them, regardless of what calculations tell you (except if the gains appear MUCH higher).

Agreed on this one, we'll be going through this kind of information a bit more to try and fine tune what is worthwhile and what isn't.   KGC, and possible GDC, are on the short list to take a hit to profitability numbers and reduce chances of mining them.
Thanks for the quick reply!  Just with a bit of fine tuning, your pool will become the best/most convenient around Smiley
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Some coins are worthless to mine, regardless of calculations picking them the most profitable. Take a look at this example:

Code:
An 8 minute GLD round provided the same earning as a 42 min KGC round. CGB was much better than KGC, only for 14 minutes. While mining KGC, the pool reported 160 - 200 Kh, while I was pointing 870 at it. Cgminer reported lots of stales and rejects.

Please black list some coins and don't switch to them, regardless of what calculations tell you (except if the gains appear MUCH higher).

Agreed on this one, we'll be going through this kind of information a bit more to try and fine tune what is worthwhile and what isn't.   KGC, and possible GDC, are on the short list to take a hit to profitability numbers and reduce chances of mining them.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

Code:

Edit: you can see below what happens on my side,  with the pool mining KrugerCoin again

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Let's see how this goes.
For now just one 6990 moo-ing away.
Got tired of the "middlefinger"

Cheers everybody !!
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
I found a lot of mixed opinion as well so I decided to play about and try them. I couldn't find any observable difference.

I'm not sure if I'm getting a reasonably high number of stales (8-9%) or not for the coins we are mining here as I know most of the coins being mined do have a higher number of stales/rejects than other alts.  I do have no submit stale enabled in my conf and rejects are only 1%, I'm just wondering what other people are getting and if my results are considered normal.

My stale rate on the site appears to be about double of what the pool as a whole shows and doesn't correspond with what my miner says.  I'm guessing that it is glitch on the site that needs to be looked at.  It's hard to get exact numbers with the site changing coins every 8 minutes.  Some shit coins can have massive stale rates.  On the odd occasion that the site stays with a decent coin like CGB for 20 odd minutes my stale rate appears to come way down.  I think the frequent changes gives false stale rates.

If miners set --no-submit-stale then the site never sees them and the stats are less. It has no effect beyond that.

Not entirely true.

Some pools still pay you for stale shares, so I suggest always submitting them. Depends which system the pool is using, obviously. Can't say if this one does or not, but as a general rule of thumb, about a month ago I stopped putting the no-submit-stale into my bat
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
I found a lot of mixed opinion as well so I decided to play about and try them. I couldn't find any observable difference.

I'm not sure if I'm getting a reasonably high number of stales (8-9%) or not for the coins we are mining here as I know most of the coins being mined do have a higher number of stales/rejects than other alts.  I do have no submit stale enabled in my conf and rejects are only 1%, I'm just wondering what other people are getting and if my results are considered normal.

My stale rate on the site appears to be about double of what the pool as a whole shows and doesn't correspond with what my miner says.  I'm guessing that it is glitch on the site that needs to be looked at.  It's hard to get exact numbers with the site changing coins every 8 minutes.  Some shit coins can have massive stale rates.  On the odd occasion that the site stays with a decent coin like CGB for 20 odd minutes my stale rate appears to come way down.  I think the frequent changes gives false stale rates.

If miners set --no-submit-stale then the site never sees them and the stats are less. It has no effect beyond that.

Mm, not quite. I have seen that sometimes a share is marked as stale (and submitted anyway) and actually accepted. Whereas if you set no-submit, you don't send it at all, so there's not even that chance.

+1. As I see it, your machine has already used power to produce that work, even if it is detected as stale I always submit because quite often it will still be accepted.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
I wonder if it would be worth adding Feathercoin? It's top of the heap right now...

Mm, not quite. I have seen that sometimes a share is marked as stale (and submitted anyway) and actually accepted. Whereas if you set no-submit, you don't send it at all, so there's not even that chance.

AFAIK- expiry, queue, scan-time have no effect when using stratum.
Can I make a suggestion about GDC?  In short, flick it...  It regularly pops up to the top of the profitability list but that rarely translates into actual profit.  If you look at my screenshot:

It was mined for 28 minutes for a return (to me) of 0.000099 BTC.  8 minutes on DMD got me nearly the same amount and 12 minutes of ANC got me over 6 times the return.  I know ANC is a goldmine when it gets to a low difficulty but even compared to a mid return coin like DMD, GDC just isn't cutting it despite what the algorithms say  Grin

Agreed. I tried GDC on a pool when it was jumping to the top a lot a while back.
Good in theory, it was a stinker in practice. Not sure why but the payouts were always way below projected.
Yeap... 40 minutes before the most recent payout, my Est. Pending Exchange was .029
The actual payout was 0.0130

Which was slightly higher than the previous (0.0123) but then again, I added some more hash about an hour before the payout, so it might just be that.

For comparison, this is ~10% less than LTC by the numbers.

So. Darn. But still sticking with it to see how it goes, now with 2.6 mh/s.
Activity: 52
So i got things cleared with the admins. The est wasnt resetted so the payout was half of it.

Will be fixed as soon as possible!
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

Activity: 134

Activity: 115

What is peoples opinions on cgminer settings such as:

--no-submit-stale
--expiry
--queue
--scan-time

I've asked this question on other multi coin mining pools and have had mixed opinions back.  Is it better to submit stales or not and do the expiry, queue and scan-time settings have any effect on mining here?

Activity: 115
What is peoples opinions on cgminer settings such as:

--no-submit-stale
--expiry
--queue
--scan-time

I've asked this question on other multi coin mining pools and have had mixed opinions back.  Is it better to submit stales or not and do the expiry, queue and scan-time settings have any effect on mining here?
Cgminer says my 7970 is hashing at 540-550Mhs yet the pool reports around 440Mhs. Any ideas on where that 100Mhs might be hiding?  Huh

u run the wrong settings dude, u have to add --scrypt in your miner .bat or add this via console at start!

Like this:

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum01.hashco.ws:8888
I had 0.04 in Est! Now I have nothing. Only 0.01. WTF?

I think the Est. Pending Exchange balance is only there to confuse but the actual payouts have been a pleasant surprise so far.

Doenst make sense. I started day ago not nearly 24 Hours and mined 0.02 BTC. The second payout has to be bigger from logic.

But it wasnt. Only 0.01 BTC, and then they removed the EST. Payments... This has to be changed, or its the same shit like middlecoin.
Activity: 223
Cgminer says my 7970 is hashing at 540-550Mhs yet the pool reports around 440Mhs. Any ideas on where that 100Mhs might be hiding?  Huh
I had 0.04 in Est! Now I have nothing. Only 0.01. WTF?

I think the Est. Pending Exchange balance is only there to confuse but the actual payouts have been a pleasant surprise so far.

Jump to: