Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 188. (Read 347329 times)

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

We check profitability every ~5 mintues. We are looking to add more coins, including LTC coins. Our goal is to bring you guys the most profitability, and just so you all know, the pool factors in rejects/orphans for finding the most profitable coin.

Nice. Keep up the good work and I'll keep on mining Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1022

We check profitability every ~5 mintues. We are looking to add more coins, including LTC coins. Our goal is to bring you guys the most profitability, and just so you all know, the pool factors in rejects/orphans for finding the most profitable coin.

Nice. Keep up the good work Smiley
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
I had 0.04 in Est! Now I have nothing. Only 0.01. WTF?
legendary
Activity: 1148
I'm trying to register with this password: 9392243w5Vt9 and it's been rejected with an error about characters. Could you please f¡x this?
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Can I make a suggestion about GDC?  In short, flick it...  It regularly pops up to the top of the profitability list but that rarely translates into actual profit.  If you look at my screenshot:

It was mined for 28 minutes for a return (to me) of 0.000099 BTC.  8 minutes on DMD got me nearly the same amount and 12 minutes of ANC got me over 6 times the return.  I know ANC is a goldmine when it gets to a low difficulty but even compared to a mid return coin like DMD, GDC just isn't cutting it despite what the algorithms say  Grin
Out of curiosity, I've just run a 48 hour back to back comparison of Hashcows and pool mining CGB.  My miner is 2 x7950s and 1 x 5750 which puts out about 1460Kh/s.  I ran it on Hashcows for 24 hours and then switched to the CGB pool for 24 hours.

After 24 hours on Hashcows I earned 0.02843 BTC (I had to wait till the most recent payout a couple of hours ago to get the final balance).  After 24 hours on the CGB pool I earned 0.02776 BTC.  However, the kicker is if I adjust my CGB earned to the price it was when I stopped mining on Hashcows (to make the comparison fair), I would have earned 0.02840 BTC...

The bottom line is a 0.00003 BTC difference!!  One might say it's not worth the effort, but, I'm getting the Hashcow payout in BTC but with mining CGB I have to move it from the pool to Cryptsy, sell it for BTC and then move it to my wallet, 3 lots of transaction fees/commissions compared to 1.  When you consider that Hashcow charges 2.5% compared to my CGB pools 1.5%, I think they are on to something here.  

However they would really be on to something if they trim that 2.5% to say 2%.  That would make a tangible difference!  Just a wink,wink, nudge,nudge suggestion..   Roll Eyes
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
Hey nearmiss.  Pointed a couple of workers here to run for a week or so to test out.  Thanks for the pool.
Activity: 308
No power in the 'verse can stop me.
Ok, great, thanks for the quick reply!

For anyone who's curious what the pool is like at this early stage, here's my stats:

Mining from the usa with one 7970 at averaged speed of 700 kh/s, 635 WU/s, with Vardiff seeming to peg me somewhere around 80 to 133 diff. Unfortunately I can't give accurate reject/stale % stats because I didn't actually restart cgminer, just added this pool on the go and switched to it.

I started hashing at 12:15am EST on Sept 15, with everything set to default (in other words, all coins auto-traded) and, conveniently for my purposes here, received a payout at 00:21 (12:21am EST) on Sept 16, in the amount of 0.01231637. Hm. Not terrible, not exactly good.

My 'Est. Pending Exchange' right now, 21 hours in since previous payout, is over double that.
If anywhere near accurate, that's an awesome result.

TL;DR
.0123 BTC for 24 hours @ 700 kh/s
Next payout might be double that?

I'm curious to see how other people are faring. Anybody else have some numbers?

no really concrete numbers, but impressed sofar.  I am mining with about 4mh/s, I get about 4 LTC/day with it.  I mined here as a test for about 36 hours and I got 0.125 BTC, which is about the same or slightly more than I would get out of LTC depending on exchange rates.  Will keep my miners pointed at hashcows for the time being  Grin
My actual payout was slightly higher than the estimate, although that was for mostly yesterday as I stopped mining 22 hours ago to:
1. Find out exactly I got in 24 hours without distortion from new earnings and slow maturing coins and
2. Do a back to back comparison to pool mining CGB which is a pretty stable earner (at least for me).

Will be switching back to Hashcows soon to give it a solid week and see how I go!
Activity: 448
Payouts away.  It was a somewhat low day, though not just for us, and I think we did alright considering.   The 'Est. pending exchange' value has been removed for the time being while we make it more accurate, to ensure we aren't misleading people or causing confusion.  Hope to have it back by tomorrow night.

Happy mining.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
I think I already (sort of) asked this, but will you guys be keeping to a schedule with the payouts?
Ie every day at ~midnight EST? Or some other predictable time?

If not, will you do that?

Yes, we made the last payout at 1:00am EST, tonight we will follow the same schedule.

In a few days we will make a "set permanent" time.

Activity: 141
I think I already (sort of) asked this, but will you guys be keeping to a schedule with the payouts?
Ie every day at ~midnight EST? Or some other predictable time?

If not, will you do that?
Activity: 200
The pool is not the problem... the Exchanges are.  Nobody is keeping the prices up so for autosellers, the payment is low. Check Coinwarz, you will see that the average payout to get 1 BTC is 15-20 days now (for 2.9GH/s) before it took me 7-14 days... it is taking longer to make a BTC.  Maybe Autosell should be turned off and manually get higher pricing...

You may be right... the nice thing about Hashcows, is we give miners the option.  If you feel the payouts aren't quite going as well as you would like, you can always keep a coin or two (or all of them), if you think you could trade it more efficiently (if your into that sort of thing), and come out even further ahead.

I autosell some and keep some (staked coins obvious reasons)...  Also those with high values I keep as well since they are active a lot.  So far, this pool looks interesting, but need a week to see if it is better than Multipool.  That one was horrible payouts.
Activity: 448
The pool is not the problem... the Exchanges are.  Nobody is keeping the prices up so for autosellers, the payment is low. Check Coinwarz, you will see that the average payout to get 1 BTC is 15-20 days now (for 2.9GH/s) before it took me 7-14 days... it is taking longer to make a BTC.  Maybe Autosell should be turned off and manually get higher pricing...

You may be right... the nice thing about Hashcows, is we give miners the option.  If you feel the payouts aren't quite going as well as you would like, you can always keep a coin or two (or all of them), if you think you could trade it more efficiently (if your into that sort of thing), and come out even further ahead.
Activity: 7
Vinje, I am in the US.

Activity: 200
Ok, great, thanks for the quick reply!

For anyone who's curious what the pool is like at this early stage, here's my stats:

Mining from the usa with one 7970 at averaged speed of 700 kh/s, 635 WU/s, with Vardiff seeming to peg me somewhere around 80 to 133 diff. Unfortunately I can't give accurate reject/stale % stats because I didn't actually restart cgminer, just added this pool on the go and switched to it.

I started hashing at 12:15am EST on Sept 15, with everything set to default (in other words, all coins auto-traded) and, conveniently for my purposes here, received a payout at 00:21 (12:21am EST) on Sept 16, in the amount of 0.01231637. Hm. Not terrible, not exactly good.

My 'Est. Pending Exchange' right now, 21 hours in since previous payout, is over double that.
If anywhere near accurate, that's an awesome result.

TL;DR
.0123 BTC for 24 hours @ 700 kh/s
Next payout might be double that?

I'm curious to see how other people are faring. Anybody else have some numbers?

Activity: 48
Restart had the same issue. (50% rejects) that sorted itself out after 10min or so.
Are you in Australia Adroit3939?  (seems to be a common theme)
Activity: 631
Merit: 501
I'll give it a go...
Pointed all my rigs your way!   Grin
Activity: 48
I had that problem when I started about 20min ago. It was on DGC and I was over 20% rejects.  Coin changed and I dropped to less than 3%.
Not sure if it was a DGC exclusive problem, or the fact i'd just connected.  It seems to have sorted itself out.  I'll update if it jumps again when the pool hits DGC again.
Activity: 7
I recently switched over to the pool running 3 - 7970 GPU's I am experiencing a very high reject rate  around 33% any one else experiencing this? Is there any way I can adjust the difficulty?
Jump to: