Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 183. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Edit: Furthermore, I'm not sure I like the auto-sell for BTC. I'm doing so atm, but searching for alternatives.

one of the alternatives could be to Un-check the 'auto-sell' checkbox for whichever coins you'd like to not auto-sell to BTC Smiley
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
And don't get me started about shit coins!  Cheesy  30-40% stales on your pool.
They are not necessarily "shit coins". They just don't resist well to multipools suddenly throwing 500 Mh at them. Other coins are already incorporating defenses against braindead "profitability mining"
It's not braindead at all.
Bitcoin and its clones have to be secure and this is why mining is rewarded. If coins fail to be secure, it's their own fault: no one wants to mine them for what they are for.
I'm talking about defenses against sudden hash rate increases and difficulty spikes. This may justify the amount of rejects I see a few minutes after DGC becomes the most profitable

Edit: Furthermore, I'm not sure I like the auto-sell for BTC. I'm doing so atm, but searching for alternatives.
Activity: 448
I've made some more tweaks to vardiff settings.  I'm also going to get a top 10 (or 15 or whatever) hashrate table up today (hopefully), including share info and reject %.  It'll only be for current round, but its a start.  There are 1 or 2 users with an alarming reject rate
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
And don't get me started about shit coins!  Cheesy  30-40% stales on your pool.
They are not necessarily "shit coins". They just don't resist well to multipools suddenly throwing 500 Mh at them. Other coins are already incorporating defenses against braindead "profitability mining"
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
I currently mine on middlecoin with around 350 kh/s. Why should I switch? Will I have a larger payout?
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
hi, any idea how to lower the % of rejects? thanks
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
Any plans to add LTC?

The only coins I'd like to keep are DGC, LTC, CGB and FST.

Back on page 4 https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3166550
Activity: 322
Any plans to add LTC?

The only coins I'd like to keep are DGC, LTC, CGB and FST.
Activity: 163
*Update*

As requested, users now have a new tab on the Stats page "Worker Stats" to see individual worker information!

Thank you!
If you can please get the notification for inactive workers working.
Activity: 182
fml
Everyone on the pool, is getting the same stale rate, for the most part, so it won't effect your profits
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Guys, I love the concept of the pool and the ability to easily cash out into BTC but I'm bailing out until you sort out the problem with stales.  I've been mining for about 4 months now so I've got everything pretty finely tuned.  I've never had a stale problem with any other pool but this pool consistently shows my stales at about twice the pool average.  Maybe your stale reporting algorithm is flawed or your pool doesn't like my mining rig (If so, you guys are the only ones)..

To give you an example, I watched round 754, a CGB round, like a hawk.  Your stats consistently showed my miners running at 9 to 10% stales.  I've just spent the last hour mining CGB on another pool and my stale rate is below 2%.  And don't get me started about shit coins!  Cheesy  30-40% stales on your pool.

FYI, I'm using the latest version of guiminer scrypt and I've tried various flags and intensity adjustments but it hasn't made any difference.

Try using cgminer with these settings in your config/batch file:

--expiry 5 --queue 0 --scan-time 5

I'm testing various different settings on my rigs and the above with an intensity of 18 produces the best results for multi coin pools, for myself setting a higher intensity than 18 gives a higher amount of rejects.  A few people have mentioned that modifying such settings on stratum servers has no effect, but I really do find that there is a difference and I get a much lower reject rate.  Also if my miner detects a stale share and submits it, 90% of the time it is accepted:

[2013-09-19 10:35:21] Pool 0 stale share detected, submitting as user requested
[2013-09-19 10:35:21] Pool 0 stale share detected, submitting as user requested
[2013-09-19 10:35:21] Accepted ec29fc03 Diff 66/64 GPU 0 pool 0
[2013-09-19 10:35:21] Accepted fc2d41d8 Diff 122/64 GPU 0 pool 0

I'm also using a slightly older version of cgminer (2.11.4) as I found using some of the more up to date version my cards were running hotter, may just be myself or setup but for the past 3-4 months and plenty of playing around, this has been performing best.  If I mine LTC only with none of the above settings I get 1-2% rejected so I really think that the various different pools and coins take a bit of tweaking.  What might be good on one is not necessarily on another.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
*Update*

As requested, users now have a new tab on the Stats page "Worker Stats" to see individual worker information!

let me know when you raise the difficulty, because with a stale rate of 10% is a waste electricity

I've made some adjustments to starting difficulty (just a 16->32 jump for now), as well as how quickly vardiff will retarget you, and the maximum size it will bump/drop you.  This should let people get to their 'target difficulty' more quickly.  Hopefully this will have a positive affect on stales.  I didn't want to get too aggressive with it, but I can continue to adjust further as I get more feedback and monitor the results of these changes.

Do you reduce the difficulty when we mine the faster coins? I have a lot of stale on WDC in a rig with 4 X 7950 with intensity of 19.

Activity: 134
Guys, I love the concept of the pool and the ability to easily cash out into BTC but I'm bailing out until you sort out the problem with stales.  I've been mining for about 4 months now so I've got everything pretty finely tuned.  I've never had a stale problem with any other pool but this pool consistently shows my stales at about twice the pool average.  Maybe your stale reporting algorithm is flawed or your pool doesn't like my mining rig (If so, you guys are the only ones)..

To give you an example, I watched round 754, a CGB round, like a hawk.  Your stats consistently showed my miners running at 9 to 10% stales.  I've just spent the last hour mining CGB on another pool and my stale rate is below 2%.  And don't get me started about shit coins!  Cheesy  30-40% stales on your pool.

FYI, I'm using the latest version of guiminer scrypt and I've tried various flags and intensity adjustments but it hasn't made any difference.
Activity: 200
Something missing that should be displayed:

- Per Coin Profitability Rates.

This way we can see how it is really profitable.

Additionally, use the past data (accepts/rejects/round) to adjust profitability for the coin.
Activity: 136
Activity: 2576
Merit: 882
Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2
hi

I can not register on your pool (every time i get Password must be between 6 - 20 characters.)

why?

It might be that numbers don't count as characters.
Activity: 136
hi

I can not register on your pool (every time i get Password must be between 6 - 20 characters.)

why?
rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
*Update*

let me know when you raise the difficulty, because with a stale rate of 10% is a waste electricity

I've made some adjustments to starting difficulty (just a 16->32 jump for now), as well as how quickly vardiff will retarget you, and the maximum size it will bump/drop you.  This should let people get to their 'target difficulty' more quickly.  Hopefully this will have a positive affect on stales.  I didn't want to get too aggressive with it, but I can continue to adjust further as I get more feedback and monitor the results of these changes.

it improved to around 7% still way too high Also something else is wrong. I'm supplying .73% of the network hash so  I would expect to see .73% of accepted shares, or close to it, but my shares are only .4% of the accepted shares. What's causing it?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Developer
Is there an API to grab private user stats?
rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
*Update*

I've made some adjustments to starting difficulty (just a 16->32 jump for now), as well as how quickly vardiff will retarget you, and the maximum size it will bump/drop you.  This should let people get to their 'target difficulty' more quickly.  Hopefully this will have a positive affect on stales.  I didn't want to get too aggressive with it, but I can continue to adjust further as I get more feedback and monitor the results of these changes.

great thanx, giving it a try now, will let you know
Jump to: