Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 189. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100
I've jumped on board, after seeing nearmiss's efforts with his DGC pool I'm confident he'll do right by us miners.
Activity: 163
If I get paid what the expected payout is going to be, then today will be very profitable day.
Activity: 141
Ok, great, thanks for the quick reply!

For anyone who's curious what the pool is like at this early stage, here's my stats:

Mining from the usa with one 7970 at averaged speed of 700 kh/s, 635 WU/s, with Vardiff seeming to peg me somewhere around 80 to 133 diff. Unfortunately I can't give accurate reject/stale % stats because I didn't actually restart cgminer, just added this pool on the go and switched to it.

I started hashing at 12:15am EST on Sept 15, with everything set to default (in other words, all coins auto-traded) and, conveniently for my purposes here, received a payout at 00:21 (12:21am EST) on Sept 16, in the amount of 0.01231637. Hm. Not terrible, not exactly good.

My 'Est. Pending Exchange' right now, 21 hours in since previous payout, is over double that.
If anywhere near accurate, that's an awesome result.

TL;DR
.0123 BTC for 24 hours @ 700 kh/s
Next payout might be double that?

I'm curious to see how other people are faring. Anybody else have some numbers?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Okay, so, got my first payout on my 7970 here.. and am looking at the user ledger, and wondering:
1) What is AT_credit? I'm assuming 'auto-trade'
2) What time zone am I looking at for that timestamp?

Trying to figure out what I made in what period of time!

AT_Credit stands for Auto-Trade credit, yes.  You'll get one once daily for your BTC payouts

The site/ledger currently display in EST.

Thanks for trying us out.
Activity: 141
Okay, so, got my first payout on my 7970 here.. and am looking at the user ledger, and wondering:
1) What is AT_credit? I'm assuming 'auto-trade'
2) What time zone am I looking at for that timestamp?

Trying to figure out what I made in what period of time!
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
¡pI∀˥OOʞ ⅄ƎH
Quote from: OhShBit on Today at 09:58:08 PM
I like this pool, but it is a little concerning to see 169 shares lost from just one disconnect..

Quote from: aTriz
We needed a quick stratum restart, sorry about that, all up and running perfect now Smiley

It was just "a little concerning"..  I like how you are always around to address all concerns, whether it be on here or Cryptsy chat.. No faith lost though:)  Keep up the great work!
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
I would avoid adding direct LTC mining at all. It's proven to be shit in the other multipools, honestly it's just a waste of time. Better to mine a 90% LTC profit coin than mine LTC with the pool and find a block only 5% of the time you switch to it. Your pool, though, your decision

Currently we have no plans to mine LTC. As long as its more profitable to mine the alts we will do so Smiley We will look at this in the future if people wish.

I like this pool, but it is a little concerning to see 169 shares lost from just one disconnect..

We needed a quick stratum restart, sorry about that, all up and running perfect now Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
I would avoid adding direct LTC mining at all. It's proven to be shit in the other multipools, honestly it's just a waste of time. Better to mine a 90% LTC profit coin than mine LTC with the pool and find a block only 5% of the time you switch to it. Your pool, though, your decision
Activity: 238
Please add Cloudcoin to the pool. It is on coin choose.

Thank you
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
¡pI∀˥OOʞ ⅄ƎH
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Suggestion to add to the pool:

• Graphs to see progress
  • Add a Block Finder Bonus: Reward the finder 5-10% for finding the block.
  • Per Block or Per Round explorer: See who got paid what for a round.  Nice to have Transparency
  • Per worker info: kh/s, current diff for user, total life shares processed/accepted/rejected
  • Voting system to add new coins: People can post which coins to add and each member can vote on it.
  • Hourly BTC crediting: prices change all the time, once a day is not the best method to cash out.  Could be the lowest price for the day.
  • Show stats on all coins to see their profitability level and rejection/orphan rates.

Do these features sound reasonable?

Lot's of those features you just listed are already in the works. I posted back on the previous page some of the updates coming. Thank you for the suggestions we will look into adding some of the other things Smiley
I'll relist them for you guys again, these are the things on the top of our list.
- Hashrates per worker
- Pool stats page (top 15 list)
- Improved BTC payout estimate
- One total BTC payment (instead of a bunch of micro payments) (Completed)
- More coins (Including LTC coins)

How often does the pool check profitability? Also, please add more coins. At the moment SBC and WDC are the 2 most profitable coins to mine by far but their not included in your list an the pool is mining CAP which is currently 12th on Coinwarz.

We check profitability every ~5 mintues. We are looking to add more coins, including LTC coins. Our goal is to bring you guys the most profitability, and just so you all know, the pool factors in rejects/orphans for finding the most profitable coin.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
How often does the pool check profitability? Also, please add more coins. At the moment SBC and WDC are the 2 most profitable coins to mine by far but their not included in your list an the pool is mining CAP which is currently 12th on Coinwarz.
Activity: 200
Suggestion to add to the pool:

• Graphs to see progress
  • Add a Block Finder Bonus: Reward the finder 5-10% for finding the block.
  • Per Block or Per Round explorer: See who got paid what for a round.  Nice to have Transparency
  • Per worker info: kh/s, current diff for user, total life shares processed/accepted/rejected
  • Voting system to add new coins: People can post which coins to add and each member can vote on it.
  • Hourly BTC crediting: prices change all the time, once a day is not the best method to cash out.  Could be the lowest price for the day.
  • Show stats on all coins to see their profitability level and rejection/orphan rates.

Do these features sound reasonable?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Why no LTC? Right now you are mining GLD which is below LTC in profitability  Huh

What is you fee if I want to transfer coins out rather than convert them to BTC?

While LTC may be the most profitable to mine in terms of price and difficulty, with our current hashrate it would not be the most profitable for hashcows to mine.  Until a time we reach a hashrate to have a reasonable chance at finding LTC blocks during an average round time, I don't see a lot of point in adding it to the rotation.   We'd be unlikely to find blocks, leading to wasted hashpower of the miners (technically the shares just roll-over into the next coin round, and count, but the pool would have brought in 0 coins over that LTC period), and less overall payouts.   However I'll consider adding adjustments to switch to it if it reaches a relatively high profitability % to make it too hard to ignore.   I'm always happy to hear other opinions on this though.

The tx fee per coin is listed on the balances page when you cash out.    The pool fee for non-btc based payouts is 2%.

For mining LTC: It is not possible to use an other big LTC pool and let the Hashcows pool work like a proxy?
Activity: 196
Ok..  Going to try this pool for a while..  Sooner then I expected I would but what the heck..   Wont know unless I try for myself..

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
How about some API to get basic stats into own monitoring system?

I'd very much like to get an API going, but its a bit lower on the priority list at this point.  Once we've got a few of the more requested stats on the site, we'll look at implementing something via API as well.
Activity: 28
How about some API to get basic stats into own monitoring system?
Looks ok, better than alternative profit-switching pools but the profitability calculation method sounds very basic.

You should take into consideration things like:

• Trading volume in the exchanges you use. (i.e will you be able to dump large amounts of the currency without making the price plummet?)
  • How stable the cryptocurrency's price is
  • How frequently does the cryptocurrency's difficulty update? (Will we be able to mine here for a worthwhile time without the difficulty skyrocketing because of your hashpower)

Basically, I'm not going to mine with a profit-switching pool until they take into account things like this, or I'd be making much more profit mining on my own, manually.

Without getting into all the specifics, the profitability algorithms take into account any current balances the pool has already earned, and starts calculating profitability after that point (ie: if the pool sold off all its balances of coin X at market price, what is the new price).  We also average out that new price number over a certain depth of coins, to ensure we aren't just taking the highest market order.   That is just for profitability, we then do a similar task when attempting to trade mined coins, also factoring in what the price was (from above) when we first started mining).

Stability of price is somewhat covered above.  Obviously everything fluctuates.

Frequency of diff adjustments certainly has to be taken into account.  There are a few fast adjusting coins that we may mine for a slightly longer window than we should, though the profitability checks do happen fairly frequently, and often even after diff adjustments the same coin ends up ahead.   These kind of adjustments will be fine tuned as the pool grows, and we see the affects of its round times on the outcomes.

Thanks for the feedback!
Activity: 19
Looks ok, better than alternative profit-switching pools but the profitability calculation method sounds very basic.

You should take into consideration things like:

• Trading volume in the exchanges you use. (i.e will you be able to dump large amounts of the currency without making the price plummet?)
  • How stable the cryptocurrency's price is
  • How frequently does the cryptocurrency's difficulty update? (Will we be able to mine here for a worthwhile time without the difficulty skyrocketing because of your hashpower)

Basically, I'm not going to mine with a profit-switching pool until they take into account things like this, or I'd be making much more profit mining on my own, manually.
Jump to: