Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 38. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Payouts occur at 11:00 EST.

Tonight's payout is slightly delayed 30 mins or so!
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
What time does hashcows do auto btc payouts?
Seems everyone else does it around 9-10pm eastern.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Shitcoin Maximalist
I mostly use hashco.ws as a failover and don't mine much but am I wasting hashes not staying on the site for more than an hour or 2?

Thanks for any guidance.

You're fine mining for shorter periods, but your earnings may end up spread across subsequent days depending on which rounds you catch.

1. The simple but super useful Profit Diagram was removed from here: https//hashcows/profits.html

2. The "Account Ledger" was moved and disabled. As a result all transparency was lost when reviewing or analyzing payouts.

Agree, we could do with Hashcows bringing those things back asap. If you've checked out the latest news https://www.hashco.ws/news/ the ledger etc is in development. The system was rebuilt entirely after the hack to make it more secure, rendering the old ledger and charts useless. They have been working hard to rebuild and improve, while staying on top of new coin releases. The main dev is also currently squeezing things in around pressing family issues (see the news page).

3. Regardless of the profitability rate (even with recent Doge and Meow boom) a group of friends and I are still making about half the profit in a 24 hour cycle. We switched to dedicated pools as a test and noticed a considerable difference in payout after converting to BTC.

The recent Dogecoin boom is irrelevant as Hashcows barely mined it, unlike before Christmas - this is for reasons discussed elsewhere in the thread. The MEOW boom was great for a few days. Payouts from the first 24-48 hours were spaced across the following days, as the pool mined so many coins that dumping them all at once would've obviously crashed the market.

Trading strategy has to account for situations like that, where a large percentage of freshly mined coins go to Hashcows. In the case of MEOW, this has skewed some miner's perceptions of what they have or haven't got out of it. If you'd stopped mining on Hashcows 48 hours ago you'd have still got a payout yesterday. For a relative comparison to other pools, the first day or so of MEOW on Hashcows worked out at over 0.03BTC/MH/s per day based on ancedotal evidence from the IRC channel.

From a miners perspective rather than purely as a Hashcows fanboy, it makes sense to diversify your mining, if you have multiple rigs and can do so. Hashcows can be a useful part of your strategy due to the way they chase new opportunities, and if you don't mine there at all, you're potentially gonna miss a few epic days - the "off" days are still generating a decent payout in recent times. Splitting your "bread and butter", bill paying hashing power 50/50 with a pool like Middlecoin probably makes good sense, as does saving a little of your firepower for more speculative mining, which can allow you to get out ahead of the big multipools on some coins (while they're worth 0.04BTC/MH/s per day or more).
Activity: 140
3. Regardless of the profitability rate (even with recent Doge and Meow boom) a group of friends and I are still making about half the profit in a 24 hour cycle. We switched to dedicated pools as a test and noticed a considerable difference in payout after converting to BTC.

These coins have random block rewards.
Activity: 121

Hello fellow COWS!!!!

I mostly use hashco.ws as a failover and don't mine much but am I wasting hashes not staying on the site for more than an hour or 2?

Thanks for any guidance.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Is anyone else getting half of the profit amount by using Hashco? Undecided After the site got hacked I noticed a couple things that didn't inspire lots of confidence:

1. The simple but super useful Profit Diagram was removed from here: https//hashcows/profits.html

RESULTS:
Not Found
The requested URL /profits.html was not found on this server.

2. The "Account Ledger" was moved and disabled. As a result all transparency was lost when reviewing or analyzing payouts.

Has anybody else noticed? Huh
Damn. I just realized I posted along the same topic as those before me without actually having read their posts. Kind of feel like planets aligned or I was beating a dead horse on accident. Not sure which one.

Everyone's feedback is heard about the disconnects/failovers on coin-switches and it's something we want to fix.

Hadn't seen it in the list of "to-do's." Glad to hear it! Things are looking better here all the time. I've recently decided to use my second rig here 24/7 again, as it's a stable (wattage, oc, etc) machine using cudaminer and has no CoD history.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Everyone's feedback is heard about the disconnects/failovers on coin-switches and it's something we want to fix.
Activity: 447
Merit: 250
For those with the disconnect problems, try adding "--failover-only" to your startup batch file.
To Hashcows,

I just want to briefly mention, the last thing holding me back from giving you guys the lions share of my hashrate is the disconnects at the end of a round.

I get artifacts when my card goes from using all the electricity it can to 0%. I have feelings that an unstable server will burn it out faster than otherwise.

I also don't like mining on any other pool for 1-2 minutes. It's not enough for PPLNS to give me jack.

While I am aware that some have downgraded, I can't do this as I have a 290x, and the coding in the old version is not formed around it. I use a modified version that only has a 3.7.2 fork

Probably the greatest thing you can do for your pool after balance fixes would be to remedy this, as even when you exclude card and failover PPLNS concerns, you would be able to have say 20 second rounds on smaller coins you would otherwise destroy or not profit from.
Activity: 8
Quick question: apparently the stats are on the fritz, which is no big deal, but I was wondering if the problems extend to current hash rate as well. I'm currently seeing about half the rate on hashcows that cgminer is reporting (no unusual reject rate or anything of the sort). I'm used to swings way above and below what cgminer reports but for the last day or so I've been consistently seeing about half of what cgminer is reporting.

That was silly. It's because the round times are so short I kept moving to my backup pool.
Activity: 22
V 3.7.2 of CGMiner waits 5 minutes before trying to reconnect to Hashcows.  You can either install an older version of CGMiner (search forum for which version reconnects the fastest) or install a backup pool that will mine until CGMiner is able to connect to hashcows again.
Activity: 308
I keep losing my connection to hashcows constantly.  Is this in my end or is this something that happens?

Phad

* edit * - It happens everytime hashcows switches to a new coin.  There must be a cgminer setting that prevents this.
Activity: 22
I have seen payouts sit in queue anywhere from 15 minutes all the way to 4+ hours.  You need to enter a wallet or exchange address, otherwise the payout will just sit in pending.
Activity: 3
kinda new here... Question, when you cash out your current bitcoin, how long is the queue usually? Also when its finished where does it go? i have a wallet with coinbase.com & use btc-e. when i cashed out, i didn't put anything in for where to send it... so im not sure. thanks.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
1. How do I know how much btc I get for each round as old version?

2. Profitability calculations based on what? It corresponds with how much speed?
Hey guys, just found this pool.

'grats, welcome aboard.

1.  Can someone estimate the average BTC payout pr 1Mh/s I can expect from this pool?

Tough to say with any degree of accuracy, as the past few days has been fantastic (the first day of MEOW was around 0.03 BTC/MH/day) - before that things were about in line with minimum multipool expectations, i.e. 0.01 BTC/MH/day

2.  Is there a minimum amount for the daily payout in BTC?  For example some multipools use .01 BTC as minimum.

No minimum, however, TX fee is 0.0001 BTC (to ensure prompt confirmation of your withdrawal) so you'll want to take that into account when setting an auto-withdraw threshold.

3.  How is communication from the devs?

They're brilliant, pretty much second to none, plus an always active community in the IRC channel #hashcows on Freenode.

Thank You!!

One other question.  I cannot seem to find anywhere on the website that gives me my current balances.  Am I just blind? Or is this not something I can do?

Phad.
Activity: 294
instead of instantaneous numbers for hashrate, can you create some plots that show the values over time?

it would be very helpful to see if there was a gap in hashrate or any other anomalies. would also be interesting to see pool hashrate over time too.
Activity: 224
Shitcoin Maximalist

'grats, welcome aboard.

1.  Can someone estimate the average BTC payout pr 1Mh/s I can expect from this pool?

Tough to say with any degree of accuracy, as the past few days has been fantastic (the first day of MEOW was around 0.03 BTC/MH/day) - before that things were about in line with minimum multipool expectations, i.e. 0.01 BTC/MH/day

2.  Is there a minimum amount for the daily payout in BTC?  For example some multipools use .01 BTC as minimum.

No minimum, however, TX fee is 0.0001 BTC (to ensure prompt confirmation of your withdrawal) so you'll want to take that into account when setting an auto-withdraw threshold.

3.  How is communication from the devs?

They're brilliant, pretty much second to none, plus an always active community in the IRC channel #hashcows on Freenode.

A couple of questions:

1.  Can someone estimate the average BTC payout pr 1Mh/s I can expect from this pool?

2.  Is there a minimum amount for the daily payout in BTC?  For example some multipools use .01 BTC as minimum.

3.  How is communication from the devs?

Phad.
Pages:
Jump to: