Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Pool][Profit-Switch][Optional Auto-Exchange per Coin][Vardiff] ~ Hashcows - page 77. (Read 347329 times)

Activity: 710
Merit: 502
Dear aTriz and Nearmiss,

Please cut the vardiff rating, these 80+ WUs are so large they turn stale or are "jobs not found" before I can submit, resulting in 40% rejects again...sure it saves on a little server cost, but it's ruining returns for both you and us.

A=5790 R=2630

This is why I don't mine middlecoin, they force me to 512 and it's so costly when one of them fails. Please take this into consideration.

If the vardiff rating is not to blame, please figure this out. I have 90% less rejects when I straight mine a coin, even one you guys are mining at the same time.

Thank you,
Anubite

What is the combination of your cards and the hash rate?

What is the difficulty value?

For my 8 GPU 7990+7970 rig (5.6MH/s), the difficulty is 510 at the moment. Some times, it is 1000.

The total rejection rate is 8.9%. It is usually 1%. So maybe it is coin specific.
Yes it is coin specific, but on some coins I also get nearly 40% reject, due to HIGH VARDIFF please lower it.

I have 10x 7950 and depends on the coin the reject ratio goes from 1% to 40% due to high vardiff.

and in middlecoin the situation is even worse!, that's the main reason I use middlecoin only as a backup, because the very high difficutly results in a lot of work that goes nowhere, nearly 50% of the time is useless work.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Dear aTriz and Nearmiss,

Please cut the vardiff rating, these 80+ WUs are so large they turn stale or are "jobs not found" before I can submit, resulting in 40% rejects again...sure it saves on a little server cost, but it's ruining returns for both you and us.

A=5790 R=2630

This is why I don't mine middlecoin, they force me to 512 and it's so costly when one of them fails. Please take this into consideration.

If the vardiff rating is not to blame, please figure this out. I have 90% less rejects when I straight mine a coin, even one you guys are mining at the same time.

Thank you,
Anubite

What is the combination of your cards and the hash rate?

What is the difficulty value?

For my 8 GPU 7990+7970 rig (5.6MH/s), the difficulty is 510 at the moment. Some times, it is 1000.

The total rejection rate is 8.9%. It is usually 1%. So maybe it is coin specific.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Dear aTriz and Nearmiss,

A=5790 R=2630

Thank you,
Anubite
I don't go to Chinese websites and bitch that I can't read their service announcements.

LOL!!!!  Grin Grin

I will like to add, it is not responsibility for the hashcows admins to include other languages, the site is in english, deal with it, i am not an english native speaker either, and actually never studied it, learned by myself, and still have a LOT to learn, but i did, takes time and effort, now i need chinese mandarin, and I will learn it, it probably take me 5 to 10 years, but i will, so anyone can learn too.

may many times i need it to read german, french, italian or russian, i can get some of the first three, but with russian i am totally lost, so... google translator is your friend Grin

BTW: any news on the new hashco site??, do you think it would be online today? (not pushing, just anxious hehe)
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Follow.

Mining on hashco.ws now.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Are you like these guys?
i think this is very STUPID people thinking that all or every one of the miner that enter in hashco.ws are english speakers, or, are going to read a very stupid advive there(telling in english you can register, but register button is still there) so you can click in REGISTER but, you REALLY can register WTF?? so we are talking about language i have one for all of you: VAYAN A MAMARSE UN GUEVO
And your point is?, I don't get it.
they said that 100 times now, THE SITE IS IN READ ONLY UNTIL THEY CLEAR THINGS UP, this is to prevent another attack, until the new code is in place, that's all, what is the problem, there is a BIG announce in RED, in the middle of the page where it states the current state of the site and why, I don't get it why you get mad about it, if you read it, you will know what is going on, and wait, as we all are.

btw: is HUEVO not GUEVO (if you mean an egg)
I think his point is that the situation is very frustrating for him as he's not a native English speaker or literate in English, making the red announcement text difficult or impossible to read, or to determine that it's important. Not that this is much of an excuse for anything. I don't go to Chinese websites and bitch that I can't read their service announcements.

Perhaps the administrators should consider making the site available in multiple languages? Between forum contributors and Google Translate, they could probably offer a modest selection without incurring translation expenses.

I can understand the frustration non-English speaking users have but I don't think there should be any obligation on the pool operators to factor this in at the present time. I'm sure they have a mountain of things which are higher priority than built in translators and if a user cannot find his way to translate.google.com then there's a question mark over how compos mentis they actually are.

I think this point made above is particularly salient: "I don't go to Chinese websites and bitch that I can't read their service announcements."

Furthermore, in this post-hack environment, there's still users waiting patiently for the support query backlog to be cleared. I've sent a couple of emails and am more than happy to wait for as long as it takes as I understand that after the hack and theft of coins, the guys will be wanting to take as much care as possible with the new build and not rush anything. Although I'm sure there are a number of users like me who've lost coins, continued mining and are unclear on the status of their accounts, I for one am happy to be patient as I appreciate there are more important things going on than the fractions of coins I'm mining in the background.

Best of luck with the rebuild guys.

Smiley

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
i think this is very STUPID people thinking that all or every one of the miner that enter in hashco.ws are english speakers, or, are going to read a very stupid advive there(telling in english you can register, but register button is still there) so you can click in REGISTER but, you REALLY can register WTF?? so we are talking about language i have one for all of you: VAYAN A MAMARSE UN GUEVO
they said that 100 times now, THE SITE IS IN READ ONLY UNTIL THEY CLEAR THINGS UP, this is to prevent another attack, until the new code is in place, that's all, what is the problem, there is a BIG announce in RED, in the middle of the page where it states the current state of the site and why, I don't get it why you get mad about it, if you read it, you will know what is going on, and wait, as we all are.

I think his point is that the situation is very frustrating for him as he's not a native English speaker or literate in English, making the red announcement text difficult or impossible to read, or to determine that it's important. Not that this is much of an excuse for anything. I don't go to Chinese websites and bitch that I can't read their service announcements.

Perhaps the administrators should consider making the site available in multiple languages? Between forum contributors and Google Translate, they could probably offer a modest selection without incurring translation expenses.

Activity: 154
Thank you for not continuing to trash poor old Catcoin, she can't take it anymore and is dying as it is without these crazy difficulty swings.

You guys are the best, hope you can take over the multipool scene!
Activity: 140
So, do we get the new portal tonight?

Also waiting for.. Wanted to switch my rigs back to Hashco before I get some sleep

Same. Sad that Hashcows was hacked when I got my 290x, day of. Then as alts crash, they are coming back up.

I also noticed that a day of mining here with this card earns me about .002, about .01 short minimum lately. Maybe it's just delayed conversions or manual somethings, and not lost as a recuperation tax or out in the ether due to allocation problems.

EDIT: @nearmiss. Alright, I can wait another day. Make sure it's locked tight! Smiley
Activity: 448
Hey guys, sorry to say, portal wont go tonight.  We are still in the midst of some testing, don't want to rush things out. Still hopeful we can meet the Monday target.

Activity: 92

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Also waiting for.. Wanted to switch my rigs back to Hashco before I get some sleep
Activity: 259
Activity: 518
Merit: 251
The value of alts may roughly track btc values, but they're not actually related.  As confidence in the btc rises, speculators then begin to look at the alts to see if they offer something of value over the short term.  When btc falls, confidence ebbs and the sell-off follows.

I see nothing surprising or confusing about it.  All crypto-coins are commodities.  They trade like commodities and they act like commodities.  Whatever alt coin seems to offer value or a profit opportunity, it is into that money will flow.

Bitcoin is up about 17% in two days, most of the alt-currencies have not been able to keep up with it, so their relative values decrease. Some have exceeded btc performance, and they have increased in relative value.

Bit coin is going up for a number of reasons.  It has gotten a fair amount of press coverage lately, Overstock made their announcement as did Zynga, Hong Kong is looking very seriously at btc ATMs and they are also beginning to show up in American cities.  The fact that bitcoin didn't completely collapse after the bad news from China and India demonstrates intrinsic strength in the coin and that inspires confidence in investors thus they are more comfortable buying.

It's just typical market dynamics.
Does anybody know why most alt exchange rates are going down the last week or so. While btc is on a steady rise.

Ive been adding more hashpower every few days, mostly upgrading gpus.
the more hashpower i add, the lower btc payouts get it seems. The total hashes displayed at the login screen does grow as aspected, so my workers do register at the site.

Am i the only one experiencing this or is the market just so depressing atm.

lower BTC number, but higher BTC value.  same dollars.  it's not like we have a lot of new money coming in like back in summer 2013; we're just shuffling existing money around.  

Yeah i understand that the rise in btc value compensates. But its still weird that most altcoins show declining value against btc while btc rises. That schould mean everybody is dumping alts and trade them for btc or fiat. People are losing confidence or something. Easy enough.

But why is btc on the rise, thats what confuses me.

And for the hashrate profitability. I guess we had a good month in december. So returning back to normal will always look like things are going to look bad in comparison. But 0.016btc for 3,5 mhs isnt much (my payment for yesterday), no matter how you look at it. A few days ago i did 0,029 with little over 2 mhs.

Just seems weird.

BTC's rise is a pretty easy one to explain with the various news bits over the last few days including:
1. A US Senator stumping for BTC (and donations) giving it a bit more legitimacy to the mainstream.
2. Zynga "experimenting" with taking BTC for in-app purchases lending another note of legitimacy.
3. The biggest rise came after the rumors of Netflix thinking of jumping on the Bitcoin bandwagon for subscription payments and/or on-demand video rentals.  Source of this one came from the same journalist that leaked/broke the Zynga news so he's got a trustworthy recent track record.

But that doesnt explain why the alts are going down. They should stay at the same price against btc. Exchange rate of alt to btc is independent of btc to fiat.

Probably there are just to many alts and the market just isnt big enough. Just sucks for me this has to happen at the moment im upgrading lol.
Wasnt expecting this lol.

Again, it's quite simple why alts are going down in general.  It's called consolidation.  This is a healthy process that helps weed out the weak coins and keeps the ecosystem strong.  We'll see a time when more money rushes into alts.. but it's anybody guess when that might occur.
Activity: 98
Does anybody know why most alt exchange rates are going down the last week or so. While btc is on a steady rise.

the more hashpower i add, the lower btc payouts get it seems. The total hashes displayed at the login screen does grow as aspected, so my workers do register at the site.

lower BTC number, but higher BTC value.  same dollars.  it's not like we have a lot of new money coming in like back in summer 2013; we're just shuffling existing money around.  

Yeah i understand that the rise in btc value compensates. But its still weird that most altcoins show declining value against btc while btc rises. That schould mean everybody is dumping alts and trade them for btc or fiat. People are losing confidence or something. Easy enough.

And for the hashrate profitability. I guess we had a good month in december. So returning back to normal will always look like things are going to look bad in comparison. But 0.016btc for 3,5 mhs isnt much (my payment for yesterday), no matter how you look at it. A few days ago i did 0,029 with little over 2 mhs.

Just seems weird.

BTC's rise is a pretty easy one to explain with the various news bits over the last few days including:
1. A US Senator stumping for BTC (and donations) giving it a bit more legitimacy to the mainstream.
2. Zynga "experimenting" with taking BTC for in-app purchases lending another note of legitimacy.
3. The biggest rise came after the rumors of Netflix thinking of jumping on the Bitcoin bandwagon for subscription payments and/or on-demand video rentals.  Source of this one came from the same journalist that leaked/broke the Zynga news so he's got a trustworthy recent track record.

But that doesnt explain why the alts are going down. They should stay at the same price against btc. Exchange rate of alt to btc is independent of btc to fiat.

Probably there are just to many alts and the market just isnt big enough. Just sucks for me this has to happen at the moment im upgrading lol.
Wasnt expecting this lol.

Just seems weird.

The second Netflix offers Bitcoin as a payment method I'm on board.  I'm going to shop at Overstock for the first time in many years if they actually make good on their promise to start accepting Bitcoin.  If Amazon did it I would pretty much be able to buy everything but groceries with crypto-currency.  My feeling is that 2014 is going to be a great year for us.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Just seems weird.

lower BTC number, but higher BTC value.  same dollars.  it's not like we have a lot of new money coming in like back in summer 2013; we're just shuffling existing money around. 

Just seems weird.

It's hard to find any logic in altcoin markets.  But when you see a overall theme it's good to pay attention.  I've notice the money flowing out of altcoins too... and it's a bit disconcerting, but also not at the same time.  I think we're just seeing a bit of consolidation in the markets... it happens in real equity markets too.  So, seeing it happen in alts shouldn't be a huge concern.  The ecosystem needs to prune out some of the weak branches and this might be the time.
Pages:
Jump to: