Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 12. (Read 161843 times)

legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
There is a few more than just me and Circo. A handful of early-adopters who understands that there’s a lot of room for crypto to grow in Quebec. There are other communities that are actively trying to promote Bitcoin and other cryptos in Quebec, and Canada. But I strongly believe “Québecoin” will sound much better to their ears. It’ll sting their curiosity better.

This is a follow-up to all the participants and not necessarily to you Lemayilleur.

I agree that inactive dev is very bad news but the plan is moving forth as set in the initial post. IPO is there. Premined is there. It is transparent as planned.

It is a SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW-ASS plan that has nothing in it for people who strip mine and dump coins on the market. I know people put in a lot of BTC into a lot of IPOs. I buy a crap load of shit coins only to see them crash and burn. I don't care to cry about it, it's part of the deal of participating in the greatest decentralized P2P research and development project since the Internet.

This weekend is the 19th anniversary of me calling morinpa to get root on his machine to deploy a search engine. He told me to fuck off and hung up on me. Then we had a baby. I can vouch for him as an honest and very trustworthy person who was not born yesterday. Also, I work on him to be more involved but he has a rather high responsibility tech job. Lemeyeur, my spouse Stéphane and myself are working on projects to link up the members of the community who are HERE in Quebec and can actually talk to others in PERSON to present crypto-currency in French and get some adoption going. We will train people to mine the only X11 coin that has a low enough difficulty to be fun to mine right now.

This is a research and development project, not a get rich quick scheme!

Here's another thing for people who don't even live in this province and cannot possible understand the place Québecoin has in it and why we REAL LIFE PEOPLE care so much about technological advancements and R&D.

In the early 80's my father, Léo Richard left his job working for the joint Canadian and U.S. defense research center in Valcartier, Québec. Most people do not know that some of the most successful war machines of the United States were developed here in Québec by unknown people like my father. At Valcartier, he had a lab like Tesla's, a huge budget and worked on early laser prototypes, radars, The Ferret (advances audio pick-up and analysis) and the ancestor of the Patriot missiles. He also ordered a semi-truck full of early computers (Altairs) and re-wrote the operating system. After such exciting time, he took a contract with BA/AF and he was one of the 7 engineers that put the Concorde in the air. Then he came home and wrote a course proposal for 'Techniques de Systèmes Ordinés' (TSO) which is one of the first courses in Computer Science at the college level in Canada. He spent the rest of his career teaching 18-19 year olds about the fundamental inner working of computers.

I have been kept out of sciences all my life because I am a woman. Learning to program websites has been a way for me to continue to hang out with techs, engineers and nerds. I have been teaching people about the Internet for 20 years. I even participated in a book about Women and STEM and am a mentor at Ladies Learning Code. I am a consummate lurker and student of online communities (or at least the ones that are not gross hangouts for sociopaths) Circonference.ca is the first time I have publicly shared my research with others and where I am showing my real life identity and not a male-sounding pseudonym.

My next project is to teach teenagers about crypto-currency. Why teenagers? Because they are not being taught the basics of economics, money, credit and trade as it applies to the current world economic system. Also, because I can, through my own media, talk about my successes and failing at getting a course like this built and taught. I will never be accomplished scientifically like my dad, but I can try the same techniques and see where it leads me. Also, I have found an ally in morinpa's daughter who is becoming super intrigued by crypto-currency. Why would I not want my child to understand money of the future? I would also like other people's kids to understand how money works (or doesn't) and where it's going.

So I have mentioned 5-6 people here who are part of the real-life community of Québecoin. That is like a huge percentage of people who know or care about Québecoin in this neck of the woods. Québecoin belongs collectively to the people of Québec. We live in a cultural bubble that has yet to wake up to crypto-currency. I need Québecoin to continue on the path it is right now. Its unit value does not matter to me. I am not in it for the money.

We have access to the talent and technology to take over Québecoin if J.P. asks us to but we are much more vested in being supportive and working on the SHITLOAD of other efforts that surround the development of a coin.

I read every post here and still cannot figure out the goal of outsiders who sit around the pool like unpopular kids and throw trash into it because they are bored. If you cannot explain where you fit into this effort, I will continue to assume that you are in it for the money and have nothing worthwhile to contribute to our community. I will continue to assume that I will never meet you in person in order to talk crypto. I will continue to assume that knowing you would not enhance my life or my work in any way.

If you fork and break Québecoin then it will not fail because of the doom you predict but because of the strike you inflict on it. Your point will not be proven.

Sincerely,
Marie-Lynn

You sound like a very inspired person. Put together a team. Take cryptocurrency to Quebec and, possibly, the world. Go for it! Dreams do come true.

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

The amount of rightfully annoyed people can most likely be counted on my finger and toes. We could debate on the definition what give's anyone the "rights" to be annoyed But the number of people who truely cares and matters is little. So little it isn't even financially logic to take the time to "manage" them.

You don't believe those who invested in the ipo have a right to be annoyed? I could expand that to anyone who bought any of the coin during the early days on Bittrex too.

I think your mindset certainly differs from mine. A person doesn't have to be personally invested, care about, live in the region, or plan to use the coin as a currency to be annoyed. But they do have that right if they spent their money under a false pretense, mainly being that the dev would be active. Since he claimed he would be working on the coin full time due to the ipo money he received, in my opinion anyone who owns any QBC at all, especially if purchased early on, has a right to be annoyed.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 100

People [...] are rightfully annoyed over a completely absent dev, after he took their ipo money. To say people should be fine with it, as it's a slow moving plan, is crazy.

The amount of rightfully annoyed people can most likely be counted on my finger and toes. We could debate on the definition what give's anyone the "rights" to be annoyed But the number of people who truely cares and matters is little. So little it isn't even financially logic to take the time to "manage" them.

I'd bet that less than 20 Quebecers heard, red or thought about Québecoin today. Roughly 0.0002452% of the population. Quebecers are the target audience of the coin - Not just of the air drops.

Quebecoin is exactly where Bitcoin was very early in its days. It may never see any evolution at all, and die right there. It may evolve at a slower pace, because we're technologically retarded (no offence maon' chum!). It may turn into the next thing none of us ever thought about. There's millions and million of possibilities.

We're up the the point where all I need is JP to comm forward with a SOLID pre-mine lock-down. With a project/plan according to the air-drops plan. Once that's done - nothing will stop QBC from becoming something.

If nothing of the like happens and JP never comes back, the conclusion would be seen during the first air-drops. If the first air drop isn't managed, or somply doesn't happen according to the plan - That would be the conclusion. Then we move on with what ever the QBC "herd" agrees to.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Circonference.ca
You would be able to achieve that ideal completely without Quebecoin simply by first promoting understanding and use of the most popular cryptocurrency options, obviously starting with bitcoin.  

There are new people working in communication at the Bitcoin Embassy, which is the home of Bitcoin in Montreal and they have actual plans to promote Bitcoin starting pretty soon. Montreal hosts international festivals every single week of the summer and they will be taking advantage of that. We are also negotiating to get the documentary The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin shown ASAP Smiley

Quebecoins is perfectly branded for the bubble we live in. I don't have as much hope for other country coins who do not have strong or official ties to the community they want to address. Sincerely the country coin is stupid for most countries but IDEAL for 'nations' which are groups of similar people who are not recognized internationally but have a strong identity like Québec, the Kurds, Palestinians, First Nations, Catalonians, Tibetans, Basques, etc. And you can understand that when I say that, Québécois are probably the least fucked with by neighbors of that entire list. But we still love our coin.

Marie-Lynn

This is a follow-up to all the participants and not necessarily to you Lemayilleur.

I agree that inactive dev is very bad news but the plan is moving forth as set in the initial post. IPO is there. Premined is there. It is transparent as planned.

It is a SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW-ASS plan that has nothing in it for people who strip mine and dump coins on the market. I know people put in a lot of BTC into a lot of IPOs. I buy a crap load of shit coins only to see them crash and burn. I don't care to cry about it, it's part of the deal of participating in the greatest decentralized P2P research and development project since the Internet.

Slow-ass is one thing. But so slow that it may get de-listed from Bittrex is another. You lose Bittrex and then what? Take a year to build up a community around a coin that has no exchange, and most likely no miners? That's not to mention an absent dev. No community will gather around that.

Everything JP has done post-release screams scam. Perhaps he isn't by some rare chance, we don't know. But to simply say let's wait and go with this insanely slow plan of his, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

He would have mailed out the syrups if he was on the level.
He would have posted here more than 2-3x this entire month.

People aren't complaining just because the dev has a different concept of time than everyone else. They aren't annoyed just because the price went down. They are rightfully annoyed over a completely absent dev, after he took their ipo money. To say people should be fine with it, as it's a slow moving plan, is crazy.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Circonference.ca
There is a few more than just me and Circo. A handful of early-adopters who understands that there’s a lot of room for crypto to grow in Quebec. There are other communities that are actively trying to promote Bitcoin and other cryptos in Quebec, and Canada. But I strongly believe “Québecoin” will sound much better to their ears. It’ll sting their curiosity better.

This weekend is the 19th anniversary of me calling morinpa to get root on his machine to deploy a search engine. He told me to fuck off and hung up on me. Then we had a baby. I can vouch for him as an honest and very trustworthy person who was not born yesterday. Also, I work on him to be more involved but he has a rather high responsibility tech job. Lemeyeur, my spouse Stéphane and myself are working on projects to link up the members of the community who are HERE in Quebec and can actually talk to others in PERSON to present crypto-currency in French and get some adoption going. We will train people to mine the only X11 coin that has a low enough difficulty to be fun to mine right now.

This is a research and development project, not a get rich quick scheme!

Here's another thing for people who don't even live in this province and cannot possible understand the place Québecoin has in it and why we REAL LIFE PEOPLE care so much about technological advancements and R&D.

In the early 80's my father, Léo Richard left his job working for the joint Canadian and U.S. defense research center in Valcartier, Québec. Most people do not know that some of the most successful war machines of the United States were developed here in Québec by unknown people like my father. At Valcartier, he had a lab like Tesla's, a huge budget and worked on early laser prototypes, radars, The Ferret (advances audio pick-up and analysis) and the ancestor of the Patriot missiles. He also ordered a semi-truck full of early computers (Altairs) and re-wrote the operating system. After such exciting time, he took a contract with BA/AF and he was one of the 7 engineers that put the Concorde in the air. Then he came home and wrote a course proposal for 'Techniques de Systèmes Ordinés' (TSO) which is one of the first courses in Computer Science at the college level in Canada. He spent the rest of his career teaching 18-19 year olds about the fundamental inner working of computers.

I have been kept out of sciences all my life because I am a woman. Learning to program websites has been a way for me to continue to hang out with techs, engineers and nerds. I have been teaching people about the Internet for 20 years. I even participated in a book about Women and STEM and am a mentor at Ladies Learning Code. I am a consummate lurker and student of online communities (or at least the ones that are not gross hangouts for sociopaths) Circonference.ca is the first time I have publicly shared my research with others and where I am showing my real life identity and not a male-sounding pseudonym.

My next project is to teach teenagers about crypto-currency. Why teenagers? Because they are not being taught the basics of economics, money, credit and trade as it applies to the current world economic system. Also, because I can, through my own media, talk about my successes and failing at getting a course like this built and taught. I will never be accomplished scientifically like my dad, but I can try the same techniques and see where it leads me. Also, I have found an ally in morinpa's daughter who is becoming super intrigued by crypto-currency. Why would I not want my child to understand money of the future? I would also like other people's kids to understand how money works (or doesn't) and where it's going.

So I have mentioned 5-6 people here who are part of the real-life community of Québecoin. That is like a huge percentage of people who know or care about Québecoin in this neck of the woods. Québecoin belongs collectively to the people of Québec. We live in a cultural bubble that has yet to wake up to crypto-currency. I need Québecoin to continue on the path it is right now. Its unit value does not matter to me. I am not in it for the money.

We have access to the talent and technology to take over Québecoin if J.P. asks us to but we are much more vested in being supportive and working on the SHITLOAD of other efforts that surround the development of a coin.

I read every post here and still cannot figure out the goal of outsiders who sit around the pool like unpopular kids and throw trash into it because they are bored. If you cannot explain where you fit into this effort, I will continue to assume that you are in it for the money and have nothing worthwhile to contribute to our community. I will continue to assume that I will never meet you in person in order to talk crypto. I will continue to assume that knowing you would not enhance my life or my work in any way.

If you fork and break Québecoin then it will not fail because of the doom you predict but because of the strike you inflict on it. Your point will not be proven.

Sincerely,
Marie-Lynn
legendary
Activity: 924
Bitfarms.io
We definately a more active development team.

Also, never too late to grab your QBC on http://Quebec.SuchPool.pw!
copper member
This is like the heights of denial and delusion I have see with any thread here.

Paint me as delusional and deep into denial if you want. At the end the day, I do understand how risky and uncertain all of this is.

I don't consider Québecoin a scam right now, but not saying it couldn't be.
legendary
Activity: 1090
Activity: 280
Merit: 250

JP does not appear to be stupid. I’ve followed his project/comments closely enough that I can admit he’s smarter than I am. At least he’s got much more experience generally. So who in their right fucking mind would invest that much time and effort on a project of that size? Only then to trash the whole thing for 20ish BTC? 10 freaking thousand dollar… That get’s you very little when you are a developer with financial background. And the pre-mine? Well that worth about 0.65 BTC right now.

All thing said, the way he behaves ever since the launch is astonishingly terrible. I find it hard to believe he’s not under some sort of gag order, under investigation, forced to not say anything about the matter. Twitter, facebook, reddit, Bitcointalk (and other forum) – nothing, not a single post or comment. Not a single reach for help/opinion.

All things added – this isn’t a scam. It just can’t be. Someone as wise as JP wouldn’t pull such a terrible, inefficient scam.  If anything it’s (in)direct manipulation for cheap coins. Coins that will be worth much more at a later time.

The best scam is when the person being scammed doesn't even realize it.

I do agree, that for 20BTC, it would seem a bit odd for a dev to just walk away. But at the same time, it happens here all the time with other devs. And for all we know, the dev simply moved on to making another coin, figuring the nation coin fad is played out and not worth the time anymore.  Or since he was fond of Drk Coin and X11, maybe he used it all on Drk when it was cheap, got like 15K+ coins, and cashed out his $200K or so dollars and called it a day?

We don't know what he is thinking. It's hardly an optimal way to go about things, even if he is scamming, but not that unusual either.

If he was on the level, those syrups would have been mailed out ages ago. He would post here once in a while. Keep in mind that pre-release, he was here ALL the time, many times daily. He gets his money, then posts like 2-3x a month? Either the dev is scamming or grossly incompetent.

Here, let me finish that for you Smiley

....Either the dev is scamming or grossly incompetent, making the wait for his return, absurd on so many levels!
Activity: 280

I really wouldn’t want to shit in JPs Cornflakes. I love QBC and the plan it comes with. It’s a really, really strong plan that would fit pretty much perfectly with Quebec’s adoption of crypto in the coming years. After reading through a lot of JP’s post all over the place – he’s WAY ahead of me. Lot’s of the thing I understood recently, he already had taken into account.

JP does not appear to be stupid. I’ve followed his project/comments closely enough that I can admit he’s smarter than I am. At least he’s got much more experience generally. So who in their right fucking mind would invest that much time and effort on a project of that size? Only then to trash the whole thing for 20ish BTC? 10 freaking thousand dollar… That get’s you very little when you are a developer with financial background. And the pre-mine? Well that worth about 0.65 BTC right now.

All thing said, the way he behaves ever since the launch is astonishingly terrible. I find it hard to believe he’s not under some sort of gag order, under investigation, forced to not say anything about the matter. Twitter, facebook, reddit, Bitcointalk (and other forum) – nothing, not a single post or comment. Not a single reach for help/opinion.

All things added – this isn’t a scam. It just can’t be. Someone as wise as JP wouldn’t pull such a terrible, inefficient scam.  If anything it’s (in)direct manipulation for cheap coins. Coins that will be worth much more at a later time.

@JPGagnon peux tu nous dire c’est quoi l’osti de problème S'IL VOUS PLAIT? Va tu falloir je les ship moi-même les sacrament de cannes de sirop d’érables?

En attendant: Ceux et celles qui veulent discuter du développement/dénouement de QBC, puis de la crypto au Québec - Venez sur

https://quebeco.in/forums/

Un WordPress avec forum intégré. Tout frais. Très expérimentale. Je ne suis ni développeur, ni designer, ni écrivain - Je ne considère pas Quebeco.in come ma propriété.

Jesus man.... why are you correlating a thief with lack of intelligence. Of course JP is not stupid. One has to be quite smart to pull off scam and still retain the image of innocence. I'f he's not posting, he must be kidnapped and tied somewhere. Can you hear what you are saying? You have put him up on a pdestal to worship. Please snap out out of it.... ask the difficult questions. Are your judgements of analyzing character biased? Would you give the same benefit of doubt if he was American?

So who in their right fucking mind would invest that much time and effort on a project of that size?
Recall again.... what effort? What size? If I remember correctly, there was a vanilla wallet, and there was a logo.

And the pre-mine? Well that worth about 0.65 BTC right now.
It is not what its worth now. It is what is stopping people from buying it. The value of the currency is how hard it is to get it. If one fellow has half the entire quantity, what incentive is there to assign value to it, when there are other coins that have a more even distribution. Why is this so hard to understand? Its not about the premine being worthless to JP. It is about the premine blocking the growth of QBC.

All things added – this isn’t a scam. It just can’t be. Someone as wise as JP wouldn’t pull such a terrible, inefficient scam.
Cant you see the beauty and effeciency of this scam? That you (or whoever invested in QBC) have lost money and is still having "faith" in his return and those that believed in him (aka not selling) would be rewarded "in the future" after the "return". Does this entire scenario seem familiar to you at all?

This is like the heights of denial and delusion I have see with any thread here.

The best scam is when the person being scammed doesn't even realize it.

I do agree, that for 20BTC, it would seem a bit odd for a dev to just walk away. But at the same time, it happens here all the time with other devs. And for all we know, the dev simply moved on to making another coin, figuring the nation coin fad is played out and not worth the time anymore.  Or since he was fond of Drk Coin and X11, maybe he used it all on Drk when it was cheap, got like 15K+ coins, and cashed out his $200K or so dollars and called it a day?

We don't know what he is thinking. It's hardly an optimal way to go about things, even if he is scamming, but not that unusual either.

If he was on the level, those syrups would have been mailed out ages ago. He would post here once in a while. Keep in mind that pre-release, he was here ALL the time, many times daily. He gets his money, then posts like 2-3x a month? Either the dev is scamming or grossly incompetent.
Activity: 377
I think that one of the main ideals of this coin was to promote understanding and use of cryptocurrency by the people of Quebec.  A major challenge considering that Quebec patriotism doesn't correlate with the relatively advanced computer literacy required to get involved with this.
You would be able to achieve that ideal completely without Quebecoin simply by first promoting understanding and use of the most popular cryptocurrency options, obviously starting with bitcoin.  
Activity: 140
what pool is available to mine this coin? icant access suchpool and okaypool,

okaypool fucked me out of 100 or so coins...

suchpool.pw is good and here is another, but I have not tried it, yet

https://qbc.nicemining.pw

You can try this pool https://www.minep.it/pool/QBC/ they are good at this, and trustworthy.
Activity: 269
what pool is available to mine this coin? icant access suchpool and okaypool,

okaypool fucked me out of 100 or so coins...

suchpool.pw is good and here is another, but I have not tried it, yet

https://qbc.nicemining.pw
Activity: 269
The DEV is lacking...but longer term, this coin will succeed with or without him...

I would rather he man up and start posting here and act like a proper DEV should.
copper member

People are murdered for $5 every day around the world. $10,000 for making a copy clone and a thread is a high pay rate.  Grin

God point, and truth be told... I wouldn't spit on 10,000 $.

If JP wanted to step down and leave with the IPO. I wouldn't mind a new dev / managment team.

As an active community member you're entitled to demand progress or a change in management. Never forget that that really is the whole point of peer to peer cryptocurrency. The whole system is designed from the ground up so that power doesn't get centralized in the hands of a few people who then fail to meet community objectives.

In the end, the community members matter a whole lot more than the initial Dev.  Grin

I share this feeling with you, and I thought JP would as well.
Activity: 126

People are murdered for $5 every day around the world. $10,000 for making a copy clone and a thread is a high pay rate.  Grin

If JP wanted to step down and leave with the IPO. I wouldn't mind a new dev / managment team.

As an active community member you're entitled to demand progress or a change in management. Never forget that that really is the whole point of peer to peer cryptocurrency. The whole system is designed from the ground up so that power doesn't get centralized in the hands of a few people who then fail to meet community objectives.

In the end, the community members matter a whole lot more than the initial Dev.  Grin
copper member

Pages:
Jump to: