Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 16. (Read 161843 times)

copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Very interesting Marie-Lynn!

I still beleive that in order to make it easier for new adopters(think of the average Joe or Monsieur, Madame tout le monde) to acquire QBC, there should be way to buy it easily.
Going throught Virwox/Linden Dollars seems to be time consuming for our friend Joe...
I'll check out your next blog post.  Smiley

It'll be hard to find easier than VaultOfSatoshi, or Carvitex (I assume, haven't tried Carvitex). As I said before, the verification process seems terrible at first sight. I myself heard of VoS back in November, made an account, saw all the requirements - and turned it down. Bought mining hardware instead.

But I went back early in April and took the challenge. With my SAAQ drivers license, my Credit Card, a and a void cheque, I had my account set and verified to level 3. Took me about 1 hours of scanning, uploading and forms filling. I was ready the next day. Now all it takes is an e-mail and 3-5 business days to withdraw directly from my bank account.

Level 3 Account
Fiat deposits and withdrawals are limited to $15,000.00 per week for the first month of verification, $30,000.00 per week for the second month, and $60,000.00 per week for subsequent months

Lower level of verified offer lesser amount for deposits/withdrawals, but require less form filling and scanning.

I don’t think we’ll see an easier way to buy decent amount for crypto-currencies with fiat anytime soon – charge back is a bitch. If a new trading platform opened up and offered direct CAD > QBC, they would most likely require the same level of identification and verification. As far as my understanding goes, when you process Fiat, you don’t want to fuck around.

I learned recently that https://www.morrex.com/ is located in Sherbrook, Quebec. Based on my research, it appears this would be the only exchange based in Quebec. Yet, their website isn’t even available in French, they said it would “soon” be. That was a couple months ago.

There’s always the option to buy directly in person. And something like https://localbitcoins.com/ would probably be easier to put in place before a full blown fiat exchange. If I had the knowledge to develop such a thing, it would definitely be at the top of my list.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
It would be a nice idea to buy like that but there are a lot of security issues regarding buying with paypall or credit card
Activity: 87
Circonference.ca
Virwox.com works well for PayPal to Bitcoin, provided you have a Second Life account that's linked.

The fees are quite high but I have tried it. I do not have a Second Life account (I had in the beta... don't remember) but it still worked just fine. The issue is that a BTC withdraw from Virwox takes up to 48 hours.

Marie-Lynn
Circonference.ca
Canadacoin scrypt pow 90 days and pos after and an airdrop in June...

Well... I bought some Canada eCoin already sooooooo...
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/9053-canada-ecoin-cdn-information/

Canadacoin is a Coingen.io coin.
I downloaded it a few weeks ago (http://coingen.io/status.html)

I would not support a coin that does not even have ONE (1) developer to copy paste a scrypt coin Smiley

Marie-Lynn

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Did you see that?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cda-canadacoin-powpos-countrycoin-with-canadaday-airdrop-599784

Canadacoin scrypt pow 90 days and pos after and an airdrop in June...

Quebec is not the only state in Canada but canadacoin seems bad, it can give a bad publicity for quebecoin.
What do you think?
Activity: 83
Very interesting Marie-Lynn!

I still beleive that in order to make it easier for new adopters(think of the average Joe or Monsieur, Madame tout le monde) to acquire QBC, there should be way to buy it easily.
Going throught Virwox/Linden Dollars seems to be time consuming for our friend Joe...
I'll check out your next blog post.  Smiley
Activity: 126
I would expect something like coinbase the easiest way to get bitcoin... why are you doing the credit card or paypal thing?

I am testing various ways to review for my blog. (It's an investigative reporting effort)

The point is that I am calculating the fees and the experience.

I work for people all over the world so Paypal is where my money winds up so using bank transfer could take 14 days.

Of course, some of the ones I try will be expensive, impractical, too long or even vomit worthy.

Marie-Lynn

Marie-Lynn,

Virwox.com works well for PayPal to Bitcoin, provided you have a Second Life account that's linked.
Circonference.ca
I would expect something like coinbase the easiest way to get bitcoin... why are you doing the credit card or paypal thing?

I am testing various ways to review for my blog. (It's an investigative reporting effort)

The point is that I am calculating the fees and the experience.

I work for people all over the world so Paypal is where my money winds up so using bank transfer could take 14 days.

Of course, some of the ones I try will be expensive, impractical, too long or even vomit worthy.

Marie-Lynn
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
It would be cool to have a website where new adopters can easily buy QBC with fiat (payment by Paypal) like this one here for Doges: weselldoges.com

I continue to try new ways of buying BTC to transfer to Cryptsy, Mintpal and Bittrex. Today I bought 6$ worth of BTC using my Master Card through bitsource.org.

Why am I spending so little? Because I am broke and don't have much tolerance for loss Smiley

My transaction cost USD 6.47 Then I bought BTC which I sent myself.
Order: #41277525, buy QtyTot: 0.013393, QtyRem: 0, ProdPair: BTCUSD @ 447.984

Bitsource is in Panama and they use Payeer.com with a info stamp of MOSCOWxxx

The process is complicated and convoluted but the whole experience was low fee and quick.

Marie-Lynn

Someone above mentioned weselldoges... if their exchange rates aren't too terrible and they aren't a ripoff, one could simply buy $3-$4 doge, exchange it for btc, then use it to buy QBC. It's hardly ideal, but for small orders probably isn't too bad.

Or sign up for one of the many freebie coin giveaways here, wait a while, sell the freebie coin for btc... use the btc for QBC if you want. Things like comm coin, ITC, etc. were worth several btc if you got full stakes-- not bad for free.
Circonference.ca
It would be cool to have a website where new adopters can easily buy QBC with fiat (payment by Paypal) like this one here for Doges: weselldoges.com

I continue to try new ways of buying BTC to transfer to Cryptsy, Mintpal and Bittrex. Today I bought 6$ worth of BTC using my Master Card through bitsource.org.

Why am I spending so little? Because I am broke and don't have much tolerance for loss Smiley

My transaction cost USD 6.47 Then I bought BTC which I sent myself.
Order: #41277525, buy QtyTot: 0.013393, QtyRem: 0, ProdPair: BTCUSD @ 447.984

Bitsource is in Panama and they use Payeer.com with a info stamp of MOSCOWxxx

The process is complicated and convoluted but the whole experience was low fee and quick.

Marie-Lynn
Activity: 2
I wonder if JP contacted the guys at ifound. When a bitcoin ATM was installed in Québec City they said to news media they were looking to accept bitcoin transaction because they believe in it. An other company in Quebec city said they believe in bitcoin too, but they never said its name.

It may worth a shot. If someday iFound accept bitcoin or QBC, I would definitly be interested :-)

Circonference.ca
I used to buy some coins on Reddit, but it's way more convenient and easy to buy them on the website.
What do you guys think?

I wrote to you in private about all the nitty gritty details of buying QBC with Paypal. It is an unprofitable drag and it takes a long time but that is how I do it right now.

I made a mistake in my message, the amount of QBC I was able to grab with 20$ through Paypal/Virwox (http://[Suspicious link removed]/1oCcdJ7) is about 2300 QBC

If I was to sell QBC, it would be hard for me to sell them at 2000 for 20$ because of multiple rent seekers along the way. It wouldn't even be profitable!

Anyhow, I am buying all the Quebecoins I can... still Wink

Marie-Lynn
copper member
Activity: 504

I used to buy some coins on Reddit, but it's way more convenient and easy to buy them on the website.

What do you guys think?

Have you tried Vault of Satoshi? The registering system seemsed terrible at first. But once your all set, transfering money from your bank to VoS is quite quick and easy.

Buying from a stranger online is a gamble. But there are a few of us honest people online.  Grin

The do mention darkcoin.
from the article:
"Pioneered by darkcoin, X11 has slowly gained traction in terms of new coin implementation. Darkcoin, along with Hirocoin and québecoin, are perhaps the most notable examples of X11 coins."

They edited it. When I red it this morning it only listed Hiro and QBC.
aws
Activity: 219

In other news - Coindesk released an article which mentioned X11 Coins (Without Mentioning Darkcoin apparently which is terrible since they created X11) and you know which example of notable X11 coins they gave? Hirocoin and .. you guessed it, Québecoin. Feels weird especially since we've been in stealth mode these past 2 weeks. But apparently we have made an impression, I can feel some momentum coming soon.

Here's the article if you want to see for yourself. - http://www.coindesk.com/advanced-algorithms-maxcoin-dogecar/

The do mention darkcoin.
from the article:
"Pioneered by darkcoin, X11 has slowly gained traction in terms of new coin implementation. Darkcoin, along with Hirocoin and québecoin, are perhaps the most notable examples of X11 coins."

aws
Activity: 219
Any bounties for merchants?
I run a website that sells car accessories.
I was just making a statement , you semed offended about what I said, the value is what they are willing to pay now or sell for now but let`s say 2 years from now , what would be the value then ? .I was just saying that i sold 3k drk for 1/10 of the price and 1 mounth latter  the price is 5$ or so instead of 50cents, so would I sell now qbc for close to nothing when I think it has the potential of much more makes me insane ?
Activity: 83

What do you guys think?

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Prices will allways  be to low or to big for people , we need to have a comprehansion of what is the true crypto value , I can say it was easy for me to sell when drk prices where 1/10 of what they are today and was more than happy to sell them then but now them beeing 10 times the price , having 2-3k of drk now for one week of farm makes the value that I sold meaningless,so I would sugest paying attention appon sellling crypto curency for nothing when they could mean on the long term more than you can emagine.

Thanks
Z

Let me know when you will find out "the true" crypto value.
The true value is what the buyers is willing to pay now and what the seller is willing to sell for.

A bottle of water is 25 cents but won't you pay 3$ for it if you're lost in the woods? What is the real value of water?
Prices will allways  be to low or to big for people , we need to have a comprehansion of what is the true crypto value , I can say it was easy for me to sell when drk prices where 1/10 of what they are today and was more than happy to sell them then but now them beeing 10 times the price , having 2-3k of drk now for one week of farm makes the value that I sold meaningless,so I would sugest paying attention appon sellling crypto curency for nothing when they could mean on the long term more than you can emagine.

Thanks
Z
Activity: 16
such a bad price for 1 qbc ;/

Well , it's bad if you want to sell. That's why you need to buy..Smiley You'll thank me later.
Pages:
Jump to: