Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 28. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Anyone know if MapleCoinProject and EmbargoCoin are related to this coin? (QBC) https://github.com/owlhooter?tab=activity

No, not at all.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
Anyone know if MapleCoinProject and EmbargoCoin are related to this coin? (QBC) https://github.com/owlhooter?tab=activity

I'm not entirely sure what I am looking at on that link. But Maple Coin was made by Anonymous Pirate, who also made Maza Coin ... and probably some other coins ... supposedly Greece Coin too, based on a post by someone who said that AP/Boxxa stole the HellasCoin idea.

*wonders*
Activity: 126
Well, about locking up the premine coins , still no update?

JP did give a small update. Read the last couple pages.
Yup , JP told us a plan . But I belive that most of us want to know when JP can carry out the plan .

I agree. I am really surprised that the syrup wasn't even mailed out yet either. I mean, it's sort of a small thing ... but why would it take weeks to mail out some syrup?

The dev needs to lay out some timetable... any sort of timetable. The premine should be locked up within two weeks of the coin's release, other exchanges should be contacted, bounties put out and something that hasn't been mentioned much .... distribution/promotion to quebec people. There was this whole thing about small amounts of coin that were supposed to be given away to the larger centers in Quebec (montreal, etc), for promo purposes. Which in turn could lead to a minor amount of media coverage... leading to more becoming interested in the coin ... leading to more exchanges... well, you get the idea.

But strangely we haven't had any timetable or plan laid out for any of those things yet. Working on the android wallet is fine and all, but in my opinion the above things are more important. It's not like an android wallet release will make people rush to buy/use quebecoin all of a sudden.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0

Yup , JP told us a plan . But I belive that most of us want to know when JP can carry out the plan .
copper member
Activity: 504
Wow! Actually rank: 115 on Mintpal !!

KEEP VOTING
https://www.mintpal.com/voting

Awesome! QBC has almost doubled its votes in just some hours! Come on. You can vote several times a day!

By the way, I guess that a multipool can be very profitable for the associated trader, so if JP gets to create one QBC multipool, it could be a good way to get a good trader too.

For your information everyone, you can use http://www.online-stopwatch.com/countdown-timer/ and try to vote every hours. I've been doing that!

Activity: 266
Activity: 278
Merit: 250

I haven't forgotten about the maple syrup, everyone who was promised some is still getting it (and it's more than 5 ! It's 8 I believe).

I can't imagine why this didn't get sent out a month ago.  There's no reason it couldn't happen this afternoon.  You should make it happen now for credibility sake.

You think after stealing $10,000 for 1% of a pre-mined coin he would at least honour the $3.00 maple syrup!!

legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000

I haven't forgotten about the maple syrup, everyone who was promised some is still getting it (and it's more than 5 ! It's 8 I believe).

I can't imagine why this didn't get sent out a month ago.  There's no reason it couldn't happen this afternoon.  You should make it happen now for credibility sake.
Activity: 183

Did the Mazacoin dev disappear? I thought he was publicly known and went on interviews and things like that?

The mazacoin team is a bizarre one. Disappear is the wrong term, they never showed up here at all. Their devs purposely stayed away from this forum because they didn't want to deal with 'fud'.

AP apparently coded the coin, holds the code/rights/whatever and may be legally blind, based on his webpage layout.

Boxxa was lead dev, or something like that, but quit after seeing the new website. That, and the fact that AP denied allowing the community to help at all, which included a new logo and community made website.

Payu is the public spokesman, who has rather odd marketing skills. When people here were asking for a fork to lower rewards to stabilize the price, begging for a dev to show up here to talk to people... to create a new website... do something... he posted a youtube video of himself jumping into a lake.

In Payu's defense the video he posted was in response to another tribal member calling on him to do the cold water challenge.  But with no context to his post it really didn't make much sense.  I still like the idea behind Mazacoin, but yeah, it's not doing so hot because of certain issues that have been mentioned.
Activity: 34

KEEP VOTING

Awesome! QBC has almost doubled its votes in just some hours! Come on. You can vote several times a day!

By the way, I guess that a multipool can be very profitable for the associated trader, so if JP gets to create one QBC multipool, it could be a good way to get a good trader too.

Did the Mazacoin dev disappear? I thought he was publicly known and went on interviews and things like that?

The mazacoin team is a bizarre one. Disappear is the wrong term, they never showed up here at all. Their devs purposely stayed away from this forum because they didn't want to deal with 'fud'.

AP apparently coded the coin, holds the code/rights/whatever and may be legally blind, based on his webpage layout.

Boxxa was lead dev, or something like that, but quit after seeing the new website. That, and the fact that AP denied allowing the community to help at all, which included a new logo and community made website.

Payu is the public spokesman, who has rather odd marketing skills. When people here were asking for a fork to lower rewards to stabilize the price, begging for a dev to show up here to talk to people... to create a new website... do something... he posted a youtube video of himself jumping into a lake.
copper member
If there's anyone interested and has Android experience and everything set up already, let me know and you'll  be able to claim the 0.5 BTC bounty + the QBC bounty as a bonus.

You should set up a donation address just for the android wallet. Those willing to throw in some extra BTC for the bounty could do it.

I'll copy everyone's donation in BTC up to a total of 50$ US.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Your activity on the thread post launch was detrimental. Do you have a time frame for these upcoming projects? Like someone mentioned the first 3 weeks after launch are super critical to a coins success.

Yeah, I'm not sure what is going on with the dev, but the time to be scarce isn't right after a coin's release. And definitely not when it's an IPO.

The price is still salvageable. I do suggest the dev stop in the forums at least once a day, if he can. Even if there is no real news, just to say what is being worked on, and future plans.

If you want an example of a coin with a non-present dev in the forums, look at maza. Bad things happen.

Yes. Without a doubt Mazacoin put the final nail in the nation coin coffin.

With the current price not worth selling for IPO investors and i don't see much activity after release from JP and also as JP promised Syrup for first 5 investors i am still waiting for that

As far as not posting for 2 days it's really just a matter of working behind the scenes, I've started work on the android wallet myself although I don't have much experience coding for Android. I'm using the same code as the dogecoin/zetacoin/bitcoin wallets. I'd rather have someone else take care of it but the QBC bounty isn't enough. I'd be willing to offer a 0.5 BTC bounty though for an Android wallet based on this code base. They're pretty much the same.

https://github.com/langerhans/dogecoin-wallet-new
https://github.com/zbad405/zetacoin-wallet

If there's anyone interested and has Android experience and everything set up already, let me know and you'll  be able to claim the 0.5 BTC bounty + the QBC bounty as a bonus.
Activity: 210
With the current price not worth selling for IPO investors and i don't see much activity after release from JP and also as JP promised Syrup for first 5 investors i am still waiting for that
Activity: 48

KEEP VOTING
copper member

• Bique Nique is setting up a wiki Smiley and I'm about to start putting information in it. But I can only spend a couple hours a week into this. Still! like I've been saying it; small step at a time.
  • I've also got a message from another QBC'er. I think he could get forums up and runnig. I'm waiting for his contact details. We'll see where that goes Cheesy.
  • We have you, on stand-by for a geekbecois article.
  • JP keeps talking about a QBC multi-pool.

So we have this going for us, which is nice.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
I believe in this coin as much as everone else here. Also, I think the dev did a great job so far, so I think that we should be patient

I'm pretty sure the dev will announce something big soon.

Yes. Without a doubt Mazacoin put the final nail in the nation coin coffin.

It certainly didn't help matters. The maza devs did basically every single thing wrong from a dev standpoint. They are the only coin I've ever seen that purposely was anti-community and didn't want any help + feedback from people supporting the coin.

But what really hurt nation coins was a combination of weariness due to so many copycats, really bad coins that basically screamed 'scam' (mandarin, australia, etc), where the devs apparently were not even from the nation, nor had a valid airdrop plan, and the simple fact that after an airdrop, the price of the coin logically falls... a lot. People who held Aur and other coins should have expected this, but if they held, they not only lost money but probably were then wary of other nation coins.

Quebecoin doesn't have the airdrop/falling price problem. Yet due to this, it has less hype... which is another problem.
Pages:
Jump to: