Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 24. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Hey guys,

I'll start off by saying that I feel guilty for being both and investor, and a believer at the same time. I was on a PowerShell course last January, and for some reason I began day dreaming. I thought of a coin, a crypto-currency. One for the people of Quebec. But I'm far from a developer… I'm good at a lot of things(and very willing in general), but expert of none. I couldn't push myself to take action on my Quebec crypto idea. I ended up trying to find out if there was any action around crypto and decentralization “dans mon pays!” – in Quebec. Things led to another and I stumbled on this thread in the early pages. Needless to say I got very excited. This was better than what I had day-dreamed about.

I feel guilty because I can easily be called out as biased since I'm both invested and excited. But the truth is, I'm an enthusiast in all thing decentralized, open source and technology. I’d really like this coin to execute it’s original plan; a coin for the people of Quebec.

I came late into the crypto-game, but I managed to ride Dogecoin and Vertcoin creation. I’ve seen the community grow and get excited about these 2. I’ve seen people work together. They slowly made these coins what they are today. For some reason I just leeched on them. I couldn’t get my lazy ass to participate. So I rode on the back of their community. But Québecoin… that one struck me differently. It meant something right from the start. For this reason, I decided I would spend a little bit of my spare time on the coin. Even if it’s just 1, 2 or maybe 4 hours a week. That is time I would usually spend, or as some would say "waste", playing video games. If 5, 10 or 3000 bodies spent just that: 1 hour a week "working" on QBC, then all of a sudden we have a giant rolling stone. You know what we say: “pierre qui roule n'amasse pas mousse” – “A rolling stone gathers no moss”

In barely 2 weeks I already found a handful people that are as excited as me about QBC/Crypto/Quebec. I have been in contact with folks that showed interest in the coin.  One of which offered me a place to work on a Wiki page. This person seems to be extremely resourceful. Another one offered and created, a forum template where we the QBC community could potentially build it’s nest. It’s only the beginning, but I can already smell the potential. I know there are more people that believe in this coin. And to those of you - be vocal about it! It’s much needed to counter-weight to the FUD and hate.

It's really nothing much at this point.  But keep in mind it is very early and this will VERY LIKELY develop in something bigger. How much bigger? – well that depends on all of us. We just need to act semi-quickly and get the few ones who believe - the ones who hope this coin will succeed - to assemble and participate. We need to be able to keep track of what's happening, what’s cooking and brainstorm it all.

I’m sure a lot of Quebecer and Quebec developer will jump in as soon as they’ll hear about QBC and crypto-currencies. That’s most likely going to happen during the next crypto hype bubble, and the ones after. Sure thing is we’re going to see another bubble like the November 2013 one. It’ll happen before the first QBC air-drop. We must prepare Québecoin for that. We need the word out - We need accessible, easy to understand information - We need Québecoin to be, and stay, on the radar. If we do that, the right people will have but no choice to cross road with us at some point in the next 10 years.

I’m still sitting on my IPO share, and I plan nothing but to keep it warm under my phat glutes yo. I’m planning to keep it until it can be useful to a project that involves QBC. I’m also planning to get more(way more), and I have been. I’m not in this to get rich. I’m in because I’m excited about technology and advancement. I’m also very curious as to what the future will look like. I want to be present as it shapes up and transforms itself.

QBC will see better days.

That - or - we can just sit here, complain and troll.  Grin

Awesome spirit!

I did not invest in this coin, but I've been mining this coin since the launch because I believe it as great potential.

I work in the SEO/SEM field and can spend few hours per week on this project. Please let me know if you guys need help.
Also, as stated previously, I can have articles published on Geekbecois which is a perfect audience for this kind of technology.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Jesus fucking christ!! Talk about rosy glasses being in denial!! Let me remind you some facts. This is not pessimism or FUD. These are FACTS.

JP is MIA after raking in 20+ BTC .

He refuses to reveal the premine address.

He is holding on to 21 million QBC!

The rest is all speculation. Now don't get me wrong. I would like nothing more than him to get back.... It would save everyone a lot of trouble. Prices will rise and I can sell my 200 or so QBC and move on. I have no incentive to spread FUD around here or even looking to lower the prices to buy cheap. The prices were going down even before I came along. Now looking at these three facts, anyone with half a brain can come to their own conclusions without extrapolating too much.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Hey guys,

I'll start off by saying that I feel guilty for being both and investor, and a believer at the same time. I was on a PowerShell course last January, and for some reason I began day dreaming. I thought of a coin, a crypto-currency. One for the people of Quebec. But I'm far from a developer… I'm good at a lot of things(and very willing in general), but expert of none. I couldn't push myself to take action on my Quebec crypto idea. I ended up trying to find out if there was any action around crypto and decentralization “dans mon pays!” – in Quebec. Things led to another and I stumbled on this thread in the early pages. Needless to say I got very excited. This was better than what I had day-dreamed about.

I feel guilty because I can easily be called out as biased since I'm both invested and excited. But the truth is, I'm an enthusiast in all thing decentralized, open source and technology. I’d really like this coin to execute it’s original plan; a coin for the people of Quebec.

I came late into the crypto-game, but I managed to ride Dogecoin and Vertcoin creation. I’ve seen the community grow and get excited about these 2. I’ve seen people work together. They slowly made these coins what they are today. For some reason I just leeched on them. I couldn’t get my lazy ass to participate. So I rode on the back of their community. But Québecoin… that one struck me differently. It meant something right from the start. For this reason, I decided I would spend a little bit of my spare time on the coin. Even if it’s just 1, 2 or maybe 4 hours a week. That is time I would usually spend, or as some would say "waste", playing video games. If 5, 10 or 3000 bodies spent just that: 1 hour a week "working" on QBC, then all of a sudden we have a giant rolling stone. You know what we say: “pierre qui roule n'amasse pas mousse” – “A rolling stone gathers no moss”

In barely 2 weeks I already found a handful people that are as excited as me about QBC/Crypto/Quebec. I have been in contact with folks that showed interest in the coin.  One of which offered me a place to work on a Wiki page. This person seems to be extremely resourceful. Another one offered and created, a forum template where  the QBC community could potentially build a nest. It’s only the beginning, but I can already see the potential. I know there are more people that believe in this coin. And to those of you - I say be vocal about it! It’s much needed to counter-weight to the FUD and hate.

The coin is really nothing much at this point.  But keep in mind it is very early and this coin isn't ment to excite nobody but Quebecer, tourist, and Quebec-fans if any. It will VERY LIKELY develop in something bigger than what it currently is. How much bigger? – well that depends on all of us. We just need to act semi-quickly and get the few ones who believe - the ones who hope this coin will succeed - to assemble and participate. We need to be able to keep track of what's happening, what’s cooking and brainstorm it all.

I’m sure a lot of Quebecer and Quebec developer will jump in as soon as they’ll hear about QBC and crypto-currencies. That’s most likely going to happen during the next crypto hype bubble, and the ones after. Sure thing is we’re going to see another bubble like the November 2013 one. It’ll happen before the first QBC air-drop. We must prepare Québecoin for that. We need the word out - We need accessible, easy to understand information - We need Québecoin to be, and stay, on the radar. If we do that, the right people will have but no choice to cross road with us at some point in the next 10 years.

I’m still sitting on my IPO share, and I plan nothing but to keep it warm under my phat glutes yo. I’m planning to keep it until it can be useful to a project that involves QBC. I’m also planning to get more(way more), and I have been. But I’m not in this to get rich. I’m in because I’m excited about technology and advancement. I’m also very curious as to what the future will look like. I want to be present as it shapes up and transforms itself.

QBC will see better days.

That - or - we can just sit here, complain and troll.  Grin
Activity: 605
Merit: 500
I think it's a lot more embarrassing to market your Pre-Ann with how dedicated you are to the coin, how you're working on it on all hours of the night and posting here about it, only to essentially disappear after the IPO. Not to mention this ridiculous maple syrup situation.

The problem with crypto right now is not only saturation, but even more so copy/paste "developers" with a lack of integrity.
ntz
Activity: 137
Betahash.com - Québecoin pool
http://betahash.com/getting_started

- Anonymous pool, no registration required

- Autopayouts from 0.01 Québecoin once an hour

- PROP Payouts , 1% fee

- Stratum protocol: 8885

stratum+tcp://betahash.com:8885 -u YOUR_OWN_WALLET_ADDRESS -p WHATEVERYOUWANT

wow i got the first block in your pool ^__^

6 blocks already Smiley
Activity: 308
JP, will you still support the coin? You have left us here for days!
Activity: 19
Merit: 0

- PROP Payouts , 1% fee

wow i got the first block in your pool ^__^
Activity: 112
Cryptocurrencies Exchange
Different kind of available wallets are most important for any coin.

When it comes to volume, that is not what coin need, that is something coin must be.

Hard to say right now how is it going to develop.
ntz
Activity: 137

- PROP Payouts , 1% fee

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

Blaming the developer for the coin not beeing as aspected is quite stupid in my opinion , you can put that time and effort in making the coin better.

I am not sure if you are reading the same forum I am. People here blame the dev for vanishing from the forums. There is a correlation between exchange price and whether a developer is active or not here. And it's worse when the coin is an ipo and has a giant premine, and what was once a super active dev in the forum, basically vanishes. It's common sense that people would be concerned.

As for other exchanges, that is up to the dev. I am not sure if he even wants us contacting smaller exchanges (I made the offer in this thread, but he hasn't shown up since to respond). Forget MintPal, that's a pipedream.

Promotion, distributing small amounts to quebecers (like he said he would for promo purposes), locking up the premine, getting on other exchanges... we need the dev to do any of that stuff. Just saying it should be up to the community, is  silly. And also impossible.
Activity: 60
          For a proper economy of a coin to work you need few things , first of all you need people to mine it, you need it to be on at least 2-3 exchangers and  volume.
         All 3 pointers that we saw are esential to the life of a coin so we need to improve on all 3 if we intend on this coin ever picking up . Each of the 3 are in a direct relantionship if you start having hash power the price should go up , if you start having volume then the price goes up, if the prices go up people notices the price and come so it`s a triangle that keeps everything in order.
          The problem I see at the moment are people selling the coins for nothing , if the price goes down  , volume goes down , hash power goes down.
          We need to solidify this relantionship that they have and anyone should help as he can.
          Blaming the developer for the coin not beeing as aspected is quite stupid in my opinion , you can put that time and effort in making the coin better.
          Don`t forget this is a community and when a community works in the benefit of all instead of one ,things start to go in the right direction. Don`t forget that bitcoin took years to pick of m darkcoin took over 3-4 mounths of sedimentation for it to reach 2$  you think that qbc should be 0.50$ in 2 weeks seems kind of crazy . We need to work togheter on getting the coin on a bigger trader at first giving 5 votes per hour on mintpal for example, we need to bring some new miners , and the rest should go from that point slowley but sureley.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
So much power in on little Tweet:
I hope it works out, this place needs some happy endings.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
mybe qbc price is still low
Activity: 854
Merit: 539
we need a big exchange like mintpal because this coin is dying...
Activity: 308
o3u
Activity: 393
Money comes, money goes
I'm one of the bigger investors in this coin (although I probably have more btc than most of you so it may be a "smaller"  investment than some of you in a relative way)

First of all I've gotta say from everything I've read in the thread, jp really doesn't seem like the type to run away with the funds so let's stop with that FUD. It's a shitty fucking market out there right now for pretty much every single coin apart from a few major ones. Have you seen coinmarketcap cap? Most coins barely do 1000-2000$ in volume a day.

I follow quebecoin on Twitter too and I saw the last tweet about the Android wallet and the multipool. What the hell else is the dev gonna do? It's pretty much the only solution right now, country coins are not the crowd favourite anymore (pos coins like white coin which was shit and Asiacoin which was a scam are all people want).

So he's basically stuck before making the multipool and the Android wallet, no merchant is going to accept QBC if it's not worth anything and the market isn't liquid.

I can't defend him 100% since he could probably post a bit more but if he's working on what he says he is, that's pretty much the most I can expect in the short term.

One thing though jp and its turning into a running joke now, get the maple syrup, ship it out to people, this week, even if you're busy. I know I'll feel better if the other guys here feel better.

Other than that, get that multipool running and let's the move the fuck on from this slump. I'll offer 0.25 btc to anyone who can get one running before the dev. I'm currently trying to gather a group of influential people on Twitter to hype the fuck out of QBC once the multipool starts, I'll rent some rigs and I'll pump it myself if I have to.

the people want maple syrup,
they want it now.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I'm one of the bigger investors in this coin (although I probably have more btc than most of you so it may be a "smaller"  investment than some of you in a relative way)

First of all I've gotta say from everything I've read in the thread, jp really doesn't seem like the type to run away with the funds so let's stop with that FUD. It's a shitty fucking market out there right now for pretty much every single coin apart from a few major ones. Have you seen coinmarketcap cap? Most coins barely do 1000-2000$ in volume a day.

I follow quebecoin on Twitter too and I saw the last tweet about the Android wallet and the multipool. What the hell else is the dev gonna do? It's pretty much the only solution right now, country coins are not the crowd favourite anymore (pos coins like white coin which was shit and Asiacoin which was a scam are all people want).

So he's basically stuck before making the multipool and the Android wallet, no merchant is going to accept QBC if it's not worth anything and the market isn't liquid.

I can't defend him 100% since he could probably post a bit more but if he's working on what he says he is, that's pretty much the most I can expect in the short term.

One thing though jp and its turning into a running joke now, get the maple syrup, ship it out to people, this week, even if you're busy. I know I'll feel better if the other guys here feel better.

Other than that, get that multipool running and let's the move the fuck on from this slump. I'll offer 0.25 btc to anyone who can get one running before the dev. I'm currently trying to gather a group of influential people on Twitter to hype the fuck out of QBC once the multipool starts, I'll rent some rigs and I'll pump it myself if I have to.
Activity: 280
QuebecoinCrypto posted yesterday on twitter:

https://twitter.com/QuebecoinCrypto

So I think he is not dead.

"@devnullius It's going good! Currently working on the #Android #QBC wallet and the a #Multipool - Getting there slowly but steadily!"

Québecoin rolls on...

That's exactly what I thought.

Seriously?? What is this? Denial Anonymous Club?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

"@devnullius It's going good! Currently working on the #Android #QBC wallet and the a #Multipool - Getting there slowly but steadily!"

Québecoin rolls on...

That's exactly what I thought.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!

Québecoin rolls on...
Pages:
Jump to: