Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 30. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

This! Multipool and Android wallet before being bothered too much with exchanges.

I'm not so sure it has to be one or the other. Getting on a smaller exchange would probably just take an email from the dev. For something like poloniex or a larger exchange, it'd just be a bounty offer on the main page of this thread. Like 5 min. of work?

I'll admit it won't matter much if other stuff isn't done, but trying to get on another exchange won't affect multipool or android stuff in a negative way.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
I think coinedupis the best place for this coin.

JP, what will you do/buy with IPO coins ? Maybe, it could be interesting to buy vote on cryptsy...

As much as I dislike saying it, he may wish to offer a bounty for poloniex.

Offer a bounty to get listed on one of the bigger exchanges. I believe I have seen poloniex claim it from other coins. Yeah, it's basically paying for a coin to get listed, and no idea if they'd even take it. But it's a lot easier than buying votes on mintpal/cryptsy, and must be cheaper.

Or maybe just leave things be and concentrate on the multipool. In the meantime, there's always lowball bids. Wink

This! Multipool and Android wallet before being bothered too much with exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

JP, what will you do/buy with IPO coins ? Maybe, it could be interesting to buy vote on cryptsy...

Offer a bounty to get listed on one of the bigger exchanges. I believe I have seen poloniex claim it from other coins. Yeah, it's basically paying for a coin to get listed, and no idea if they'd even take it. But it's a lot easier than buying votes on mintpal/cryptsy, and must be cheaper.

Or maybe just leave things be and concentrate on the multipool. In the meantime, there's always lowball bids. Wink

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

I'm disappointed to say Poloniex (Busoni) has not responded to me so far, I saw that others had contacted them too. I think we may need a bit more volume to get them to put in the effort. So first step is still the Multipool for automated buying of QBC.

Although it wouldn't be my first choice (actually it's my last choice), maybe consider CoinedUp, Atomic-Trade, or Austin Global Exchange? Someone here brought up a good point that arb trading is one way to bring up volume. I know the Noble coin dev liked using the Austin exchange after CoinEx went under. They sometimes run promos for discounts on specific coin trades too. Personally I never used them, and barely used the other ones I listed. But something is better than nothing.
Activity: 112

That's not accurate at all to say, I'm not disappearing. The reality is that the entire crypto market seems fatigued of almost every altcoin, coinmarket cap is a deserted wasteland when it comes to volume except for some top 20 coins. In terms of features, QBC is still great but there is 1 coin release a day (or more) and the market has a very short attention span. I can't possibly get merchants to accept QBC before gaining a semblance of volume on the crypto markets, otherwise they are getting a coin which they can't exchange for money, which they do need to run their business. I'm still looking into the multipool with another developer and that's the first thing that will get us some steady volume. The competition is fierce and this overload of currencies is now thinning out the herd in cryptos, a few newcomers gain attention for short amounts of time, the established leaders are gaining ground and coins which are really thinking about long term may stand a chance as well. Let me go through all the posts here and make sure I haven't missed any important discussion.

Nice to see you about again. I do suggest trying to post a bit more often, like you used to, at least until the coin's price moves up a bit. People get nervous when devs who are around all the time all of a sudden vanish.

Multipool should help. And I still suggest getting on at least one other exchange. You should post info on how you plan to handle local giveaways/distribution, as I recall you mentioning some coins would be given out to Quebec people for promo purposes. I also suggest cryptosandwich, and similar sites, to handle some giveaways.

Has Poloniex responded to you at all? Staying too long on Bittrex as a coin's main exchange can be a bit dangerous.

I'm disappointed to say Poloniex (Busoni) has not responded to me so far, I saw that others had contacted them too. I think we may need a bit more volume to get them to put in the effort. So first step is still the Multipool for automated buying of QBC.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
So.... how about that elephant in the room then people? Is it safe to say that the dev's dissapeared with the IPO money? Smiley So much for the Quebec my motherland and my maple syrup better than yours  Cheesy

That's not accurate at all to say, I'm not disappearing. The reality is that the entire crypto market seems fatigued of almost every altcoin, coinmarket cap is a deserted wasteland when it comes to volume except for some top 20 coins. In terms of features, QBC is still great but there is 1 coin release a day (or more) and the market has a very short attention span. I can't possibly get merchants to accept QBC before gaining a semblance of volume on the crypto markets, otherwise they are getting a coin which they can't exchange for money, which they do need to run their business. I'm still looking into the multipool with another developer and that's the first thing that will get us some steady volume. The competition is fierce and this overload of currencies is now thinning out the herd in cryptos, a few newcomers gain attention for short amounts of time, the established leaders are gaining ground and coins which are really thinking about long term may stand a chance as well. Let me go through all the posts here and make sure I haven't missed any important discussion.

That's funny to hear you speak like a grizzled and burnt out vet, yet your coin has only existed since April 19, 2014.

You can't throw in the towel after 11 days because your coin price is low.  Grin

Haha sorry that's not what I meant at all, didn't want to come of depressed or anything! I just mean there really is a general fatigue, it's harder now to generate volume than it was a even as recently as two months ago. I trust that the QBC multipool will generate enough volume to get us back to a very reasonable price. It takes less than 1 BTC to bring it over IPO levels right now and I'll be renting rigs for the multipool too to help kickstart it. Some people were sending me PMs about buying up coins and putting up buy walls, that's not the way to go for long term growth though.

I know what you mean and it's accurate. Many coins are in similar positions. There are close to 600 altcoins now so it's no surprise.

Yeah I'm not too suprised to be honest, when I look at the announcement page for new coins I want to throw up in my mouth a bit. There's just so much garbage, only a few coins can really shine through and they are mostly organized pump and dumps masquerading as legit coins. It's a sad sight, I mean take a look at Reddcoin for example, they brought out POS-Velocity yesterday as an exciting new feature and their price increased a lot, got over 100k in volume - 24 hours later - http://i.imgur.com/bAo9U0p.png barely 6.5k in volume and that quick decrease.

For 99% of coins any new info is used to pump price and then move on. I'm trying to look into the multipool on my side too, don't know if you object JP, hashcows seem to be adding rounds of other coins into their multipool and that could be a good start, will anyone else try to message them to add QBC to their multipool? They got like ISRAcoin and others for example.

Nice to see you about again. I do suggest trying to post a bit more often, like you used to, at least until the coin's price moves up a bit. People get nervous when devs who are around all the time all of a sudden vanish.

Multipool should help. And I still suggest getting on at least one other exchange. You should post info on how you plan to handle local giveaways/distribution, as I recall you mentioning some coins would be given out to Quebec people for promo purposes. I also suggest cryptosandwich, and similar sites, to handle some giveaways.

Has Poloniex responded to you at all? Staying too long on Bittrex as a coin's main exchange can be a bit dangerous.
Activity: 126
So.... how about that elephant in the room then people? Is it safe to say that the dev's dissapeared with the IPO money? Smiley So much for the Quebec my motherland and my maple syrup better than yours  Cheesy

That's funny to hear you speak like a grizzled and burnt out vet, yet your coin has only existed since April 19, 2014.

You can't throw in the towel after 11 days because your coin price is low.  Grin

Haha sorry that's not what I meant at all, didn't want to come of depressed or anything! I just mean there really is a general fatigue, it's harder now to generate volume than it was a even as recently as two months ago. I trust that the QBC multipool will generate enough volume to get us back to a very reasonable price. It takes less than 1 BTC to bring it over IPO levels right now and I'll be renting rigs for the multipool too to help kickstart it. Some people were sending me PMs about buying up coins and putting up buy walls, that's not the way to go for long term growth though.

I know what you mean and it's accurate. Many coins are in similar positions. There are close to 600 altcoins now so it's no surprise.

JP, can you share the addres containing the 21,000,000 pre-mined coins? Could make people feel a little bit safer knowing they are still "there", myself included  Roll Eyes.

The 21 million were generated at block 1 and paid to QiKMtW3jCKLvcqNSZSYvR8jG9L7cGF59v8

http://cryptexplorer.com/block/00000885cab0d527e852312bb732b15eb1e3252db58006c135444f3ba50cc928

He now has 20790081 coins left at address QXBSRAcSZCiaxEoxcRMLuahtqM2TNJE4HV

http://cryptexplorer.com/address/QXBSRAcSZCiaxEoxcRMLuahtqM2TNJE4HV

Yes exactly. 21 000 000 - 210 000 (IPO) - 21 000 (Bounties) = 20 769 000 QBC (This amount is for Québec and will be locked down safely)
Activity: 126

Regarding the article once we have The android wallet we could easily have merchants accept QBC using the wallet like a Point of Sale program.

Also JP after speaking with many people in crypto I think getting that premine locked up for the airdrops needs to be priority one. In addition I guess some people have issue with homie pouring one out to scrypt miners. I personally like it but the consensus found it not professional.

Just my input and what I've gathered.

Yes, hopefully the Android wallet gets release at the right time. It would definitely be an incentive for merchant adoption if they can use their phone or tablet as a payment terminal, just like Square, but for Quebecoins.

Premine locked? You mean, not giving away coins from the premine?

I’m not sure how familiar you are with crypto-currencies. To put it shortly, the pre-mine is the most important attribute of Québecoin (in my opinion). It is what will make Québecoin an extreme success, or another “scam” coin. Close to 50% of the coin have already been mined, and are “out there”. That 20 million some coins. After 2 years, Bitcoin’s value went from a couple cents, to 30$. Let’s just assume Québecoin gets only a fraction of that success, the pre-mine could be used to “cash-in” some interesting amount of money, all while throwing QBC’s value right into the dumpster and kiss it goodbye – obviously.

Early on the thread (before launch), JPGagnon and some other folks on this forum discussed the possibility to use a bank vault to secure the pre-mined coins. Locking it down in a way that it could not be used for anything else, except for the air-drop, and at the right time. Québecoin is not the first “nation”-coin, but it is (as far as we know) the first coin to bring up the idea of locking the pre-mined coins. I have this very strong feeling that, if Québecoin was to successfully locked down the pre-mine, the news talking about it would bring a LOT, and I mean a LOT of attention the coin from the crypto-enthusiast. Coins with pre-mine and IPO are mostly “taged” as scam right now. Reason being the whole hype generated by the “pre-mined coin will be distributed to everyone at X location, or with Y condition” was used to pump the price very high, before the whales/bag holder dumped them.

We have yet to see a nation-coin truly succeed. Locking the pre-mine would add some kind of guarantees (if it was undeniably locked-down) that investor will not get burned by a developer going lunatic.

C'est de tout beauté... J'ai eux les larmes au yeux en lisant tout les bonnes nouvelles dans ce post. Cry

Y'a tu un group style google group, un circle, un facebook group, Github , un BLOG, TWITTER ... - Ya tu quelque part ou les enthousiaste comme vous et moi discute des idées, priorités et etc? Tant pour le Quebecoin que pour la crypto en géneral?

I wont double post so I'll just leave this here. I stumbled on this video last night thought I'd share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43OKYmGbhU

Ha! ha! N'en mets pas trop! Wait to see the results, but I hope our readers will feel the same emotional appeal! Cheesy

To your question as to know if there is a place where enthusiasts discuss ideas and priorities, I'd answer THIS forum is precisely the place! But it is a fact that we need a place to discuss in French, if we want Quebecers to get involved. What do people here think? Should we refer French speaking enthusiasts to this bitcointalk thread, or create a new French thread?  But, I guess, any enthusiasts' initiative is welcome. Just post your created Google or Facebook group, blog or twitter right here, and you'll surely get some followers.

Wink. I’ve already suggested that we get a FRA/ENG forum, and an IRC chat dedicated to Québecoin, and I think it’s coming; JP added “forum – coming soon” to the QBC.io webpage. There’s already the French version of this launch thread here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annqbc-quebecoin-x11-dgw-bittrex-winmaclinux-4-ghs-552630:, but most of the attention was concentrated on the English one so far.

I think I can successfully lock down the premine within two weeks, I'll be giving my suggestions soon and we'll be able to determine the best course of action. As I've stated before I have absolutely no intention of touching the premine and I love the idea of locking it down.
Activity: 605
Merit: 500
Hi,

I just joined the forum, been mining QBC for a couple days now even if I don't know much about cryptocurrency.

I'm an IT Systems Integrator in the Gatineau, QC area.

I have access to a fast hosting server in IWeb data center in Montreal where I could setup a quick bilingual Wordpress and PHPbb for free (of course QBC donations would be nice)

Just let me know and I can setup everything within an hour or so.

Sounds awesome man, I would definitely contribute towards that
As I stated previously, I can have articles published on geekbecois.com. I beleive it is the right audience for QBC.
@Bique Nique and another user working on the infographic, please let me know when the content is ready Smiley

That would be amazing, the geekbecois.com looks great!

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi,

I just joined the forum, been mining QBC for a couple days now even if I don't know much about cryptocurrency.

I'm an IT Systems Integrator in the Gatineau, QC area.

I have access to a fast hosting server in IWeb data center in Montreal where I could setup a quick bilingual Wordpress and PHPbb for free (of course QBC donations would be nice)

Just let me know and I can setup everything within an hour or so.
copper member
Activity: 504
As I stated previously, I can have articles published on geekbecois.com. I beleive it is the right audience for QBC.
@Bique Nique and another user working on the infographic, please let me know when the content is ready Smiley

I forgot about that! We really need to begin documenting our ideas and opportunity somewhere we can discuss them without too much brackground noise.

What kind of number (readers) are we talking about here? And is it a 1 time deal?

Here hopeing JP comes out of sleep see if he's got directions for us.
Pages:
Jump to: