Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 31. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
As I stated previously, I can have articles published on geekbecois.com. I beleive it is the right audience for QBC.
@Bique Nique and another user working on the infographic, please let me know when the content is ready Smiley
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Regarding the article once we have The android wallet we could easily have merchants accept QBC using the wallet like a Point of Sale program.

Also JP after speaking with many people in crypto I think getting that premine locked up for the airdrops needs to be priority one. In addition I guess some people have issue with homie pouring one out to scrypt miners. I personally like it but the consensus found it not professional.

Just my input and what I've gathered.

Yes, hopefully the Android wallet gets release at the right time. It would definitely be an incentive for merchant adoption if they can use their phone or tablet as a payment terminal, just like Square, but for Quebecoins.

Premine locked? You mean, not giving away coins from the premine?

I’m not sure how familiar you are with crypto-currencies. To put it shortly, the pre-mine is the most important attribute of Québecoin (in my opinion). It is what will make Québecoin an extreme success, or another “scam” coin. Close to 50% of the coin have already been mined, and are “out there”. That 20 million some coins. After 2 years, Bitcoin’s value went from a couple cents, to 30$. Let’s just assume Québecoin gets only a fraction of that success, the pre-mine could be used to “cash-in” some interesting amount of money, all while throwing QBC’s value right into the dumpster and kiss it goodbye – obviously.

Early on the thread (before launch), JPGagnon and some other folks on this forum discussed the possibility to use a bank vault to secure the pre-mined coins. Locking it down in a way that it could not be used for anything else, except for the air-drop, and at the right time. Québecoin is not the first “nation”-coin, but it is (as far as we know) the first coin to bring up the idea of locking the pre-mined coins. I have this very strong feeling that, if Québecoin was to successfully locked down the pre-mine, the news talking about it would bring a LOT, and I mean a LOT of attention the coin from the crypto-enthusiast. Coins with pre-mine and IPO are mostly “taged” as scam right now. Reason being the whole hype generated by the “pre-mined coin will be distributed to everyone at X location, or with Y condition” was used to pump the price very high, before the whales/bag holder dumped them.

We have yet to see a nation-coin truly succeed. Locking the pre-mine would add some kind of guarantees (if it was undeniably locked-down) that investor will not get burned by a developer going lunatic.

C'est de tout beauté... J'ai eux les larmes au yeux en lisant tout les bonnes nouvelles dans ce post. Cry

Y'a tu un group style google group, un circle, un facebook group, Github , un BLOG, TWITTER ... - Ya tu quelque part ou les enthousiaste comme vous et moi discute des idées, priorités et etc? Tant pour le Quebecoin que pour la crypto en géneral?

I wont double post so I'll just leave this here. I stumbled on this video last night thought I'd share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43OKYmGbhU

Ha! ha! N'en mets pas trop! Wait to see the results, but I hope our readers will feel the same emotional appeal! Cheesy

To your question as to know if there is a place where enthusiasts discuss ideas and priorities, I'd answer THIS forum is precisely the place! But it is a fact that we need a place to discuss in French, if we want Quebecers to get involved. What do people here think? Should we refer French speaking enthusiasts to this bitcointalk thread, or create a new French thread?  But, I guess, any enthusiasts' initiative is welcome. Just post your created Google or Facebook group, blog or twitter right here, and you'll surely get some followers.

Wink. I’ve already suggested that we get a FRA/ENG forum, and an IRC chat dedicated to Québecoin, and I think it’s coming; JP added “forum – coming soon” to the QBC.io webpage. There’s already the French version of this launch thread here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annqbc-quebecoin-x11-dgw-bittrex-winmaclinux-4-ghs-552630:, but most of the attention was concentrated on the English one so far.
aws
Activity: 219

APRIL 29, 2014 17:29:23 PST

{
"blocks" : 6159,
"currentblocksize" : 1826,
"currentblocktx" : 3,
"difficulty" : 16.03512692,
"errors" : "",
"networkhashps" : 474724101,
"pooledtx" : 3,
"testnet" : false
}
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
where is the dev ? been wondering that for 4 days now ..
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
JP, can you share the addres containing the 21,000,000 pre-mined coins? Could make people feel a little bit safer knowing they are still "there", myself included  Roll Eyes.

The 21 million were generated at block 1 and paid to QiKMtW3jCKLvcqNSZSYvR8jG9L7cGF59v8

http://cryptexplorer.com/block/00000885cab0d527e852312bb732b15eb1e3252db58006c135444f3ba50cc928

He now has 20790081 coins left at address QXBSRAcSZCiaxEoxcRMLuahtqM2TNJE4HV

http://cryptexplorer.com/address/QXBSRAcSZCiaxEoxcRMLuahtqM2TNJE4HV

Is it normal the the pre-mine is not longer 50%? I didn't think the premine would be used for anything but air-drop.

By the way, I found this webpage/tool for open crowd translation... This could be very usefull.

https://crowdin.net/createproject

I just spent 20 minutes translating and commenting for the blockchain.info project. Smiley

From the ANN page.

Total coins : 42 Million

Premine : 21 Million - 50% for the population of Québec

IPO : 1% of the 50% Premine (210k QBC) (0.5% of the total)

Bounties : 0.1% of the 50% Premine (21k QBC) (0.05% of the total)
copper member
JP, can you share the addres containing the 21,000,000 pre-mined coins? Could make people feel a little bit safer knowing they are still "there", myself included  Roll Eyes.

The 21 million were generated at block 1 and paid to QiKMtW3jCKLvcqNSZSYvR8jG9L7cGF59v8

http://cryptexplorer.com/block/00000885cab0d527e852312bb732b15eb1e3252db58006c135444f3ba50cc928

Is it normal the the pre-mine is not longer 50%? I didn't think the premine would be used for anything but air-drop.

By the way, I found this webpage/tool for open crowd translation... This could be very usefull.

https://crowdin.net/createproject

I just spent 20 minutes translating and commenting for the blockchain.info project. Smiley
Activity: 378

Activity: 303
No one like you
just think QBC waill have a new good days.
mybe can fly to moon
copper member
nice... ipo gone, dev gone... same shit different day

Lets not jump to comclusions now. He could've been hit by a truck Tongue

It's only been a couple of days since he last posted, so it's not that bad. If it's this time next week, and he hasn't showed up once here ... then I'd worry.

I'm not so concerned over the premined coins at the moment. Simple reason is, what would the dev do with them even if he wanted to dump? Bittrex prices stink and volume is like nothing. There is nobody to dump the coins to.

But it'd be nice if the dev announced more about his plans for small local giveaways, and distribute some about. Airdrops and normal nation coin stuff is what kept people interested .... if nobody has the coin locally, nobody knows about it locally ... then it simply won't work out at all.

Muniti coin had a nice idea when they gave away some USB sticks with their logo stamped on them (I assume to local residents) It might be something for the dev to consider. Or print out some coupons with paper wallets, and give some of those out locally.

Pre-mined is definitely not something to worry about. But transparency being JP's trademark, I beleive the pre-mine address/amount should be displayed on the qbc.io webpage.

As for the local give-away, there a lot more work to be done because like I've said it before; there’s very little crypto-action in Quebec right now – very little people know about this new technology, let alone the power of it. We have a lot of teaching to do for the local give-away to mean anything anything.

• Bique Nique posted very promising stuff a couple pages ago. I’ve been trying to contact him here and on his website – but I’m not receiving any replies.
  • As we speak, the folks over at BitcoinEmbassy.ca (in  Montreal) are working on some Bitcoin French documentation.
  • This will be very helpful. JP said he’s got stuff going on…
  • Some are pushing for Mintpal voting (not sure if JP gave his opinion on this or not).

My biggest concern is that we may be wasting time by not concentrating the effort. A Bitcointalk thread isn’t the greatest place to be organized…
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

It's only been a couple of days since he last posted, so it's not that bad. If it's this time next week, and he hasn't showed up once here ... then I'd worry.

I'm not so concerned over the premined coins at the moment. Simple reason is, what would the dev do with them even if he wanted to dump? Bittrex prices stink and volume is like nothing. There is nobody to dump the coins to.

But it'd be nice if the dev announced more about his plans for small local giveaways, and distribute some about. Airdrops and normal nation coin stuff is what kept people interested .... if nobody has the coin locally, nobody knows about it locally ... then it simply won't work out at all.

Muniti coin had a nice idea when they gave away some USB sticks with their logo stamped on them (I assume to local residents) It might be something for the dev to consider. Or print out some coupons with paper wallets, and give some of those out locally.
aws
Jus curious.... can a coin continue without a dev? Is there something that a dev holds on to that prevents someone from claiming to be a dev of this coin? How does the entire thing work?

yes it can, but it would require a hard fork and agreement of the community as everyone would need to move over to the forked software.
aws

or maybe he is spending his hard-earned coins in the Caribbean  Cool
Activity: 280
Jus curious.... can a coin continue without a dev? Is there something that a dev holds on to that prevents someone from claiming to be a dev of this coin? How does the entire thing work?
aws
+1
Activity: 280

copper member
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Country coins are suffering.  X11 is cool, it should be the future after Scrypt.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1004
Pages:
Jump to: