Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 29. (Read 161843 times)

legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

Your activity on the thread post launch was detrimental. Do you have a time frame for these upcoming projects? Like someone mentioned the first 3 weeks after launch are super critical to a coins success.

Yeah, I'm not sure what is going on with the dev, but the time to be scarce isn't right after a coin's release. And definitely not when it's an IPO.

The price is still salvageable. I do suggest the dev stop in the forums at least once a day, if he can. Even if there is no real news, just to say what is being worked on, and future plans.

If you want an example of a coin with a non-present dev in the forums, look at maza. Bad things happen.

Yes. Without a doubt Mazacoin put the final nail in the nation coin coffin.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

Your activity on the thread post launch was detrimental. Do you have a time frame for these upcoming projects? Like someone mentioned the first 3 weeks after launch are super critical to a coins success.

Yeah, I'm not sure what is going on with the dev, but the time to be scarce isn't right after a coin's release. And definitely not when it's an IPO.

The price is still salvageable. I do suggest the dev stop in the forums at least once a day, if he can. Even if there is no real news, just to say what is being worked on, and future plans.

If you want an example of a coin with a non-present dev in the forums, look at maza. Bad things happen.
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
If anyone out there is still looking for a pool or wants to switch pools, our pool is still up and running and we need some miners on it to keep it going, it appears with the market dropping people have moved on to mine other things and the pool has been deserted Sad  But we still maintain a stable pool and welcome all miners.

And remember, we donate 50% of the 1% fee and donations received to charity, so make your hashes count and come mine with us at

http://qbc.CryptoADHD.com
Activity: 34
Merit: 0

I have to agree with Kreativekyrpto...

I've been in contact with a few other Quebecer, and I'm not the only enthusiast ready to make QBC something. But you can't just do that... I feel bad seeing FUD being spread about you and the coin. But you literally disappeared from the map for 3 full days, no notification, no post, not a single word across any of the social platform. And you came back with no explanation at all.  Undecided

This goes to re-enforce that QBC will need to have a back-up dev. Cause if you get hit by a bus, we may never find out. Shocked

Even the net hash rate has increased since you wrote back here!
copper member
Activity: 504

I have to agree with Kreativekyrpto...

I've been in contact with a few other Quebecer, and I'm not the only enthusiast ready to make QBC something. But you can't just do that... I feel bad seeing FUD being spread about you and the coin. But you literally disappeared from the map for 3 full days, no notification, no post, not a single word across any of the social platform. And you came back with no explanation at all.  Undecided

This goes to re-enforce that QBC will need to have a back-up dev. Cause if you get hit by a bus, we may never find out. Shocked
Activity: 196
I think coinedupis the best place for this coin.

JP, what will you do/buy with IPO coins ? Maybe, it could be interesting to buy vote on cryptsy...

I'm 100% against buying votes. The only thing I'm buying with the IPO is time to work on QBC and I'm also considering a BTC bounty for the Android Wallet since QBC has not yet seen real volume.

JP, what will you do/buy with IPO coins ? Maybe, it could be interesting to buy vote on cryptsy...

As much as I dislike saying it, he may wish to offer a bounty for poloniex.

Offer a bounty to get listed on one of the bigger exchanges. I believe I have seen poloniex claim it from other coins. Yeah, it's basically paying for a coin to get listed, and no idea if they'd even take it. But it's a lot easier than buying votes on mintpal/cryptsy, and must be cheaper.

A QBC bounty is probably a good idea, getting added to Poloniex gives it value.

I think I can successfully lock down the premine within two weeks, I'll be giving my suggestions soon and we'll be able to determine the best course of action. As I've stated before I have absolutely no intention of touching the premine and I love the idea of locking it down.

I've tried to kick off this discussion with you before, but you don't seem to care to much. I understand you don't owe any of us anything tho.

Even thought I'm worried about it, I feel like you should not rush the pre-mine lock too fast. The discussion should start as soon as possible, but the lock down could wait and kick-in at strategic time. Don't you think? Lets just assume you had the pre-mine locked today... No body would really give a fuck, they are busy with other things right now lol. At least that's my opininon.

I'm not so sure it has to be one or the other. Getting on a smaller exchange would probably just take an email from the dev. For something like poloniex or a larger exchange, it'd just be a bounty offer on the main page of this thread. Like 5 min. of work?

I'll admit it won't matter much if other stuff isn't done, but trying to get on another exchange won't affect multipool or android stuff in a negative way.

What kind of bounty you think it would take? There's 3000 QBC for the Wallet and it has no traction at all... What kind of bounty would Busoni require? 10, 100, 1000$?

You're right about the pre-mine lockdown, I'm trying to do a collaboration with a well known person which will give it some exposure as well. I'll time the lockdown with the launch of a multipool and make an announcement. People were clearly excited about the launch, we hit an unbelievable 5.5+ GH/s within 24h, so I think we can gather some more attention with a combined Lockdown + Multipool announcement.

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
One day people will learn that all shit block rewards and insta-KGW do is give people with battlecruiser level server farms time to point them at a launch.  Only person this combo DOES stop is small miners who are tired of signing up to their 5924399th pool and would like to solo mine.

WHO would even continue to mine something that started without a windows qt??

battle cruiser server farms always use linux too... so double destruction on this one.

Oh man 15 minutes without windows QT! This sure is a failed launch. Amongst the better launches I've seen in these forums to be honest, the coin is adjusting nicely to all the miners, it's clearly well built.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
I was told to stop mining Quebecoin guess what I did....I did not listen to that person and still mining it I still have hope for this coin!!!! I've only got 300 Quebecoins (my mining rig is of 2 GPU's, but when im on my computer only 1 is used to mine hehe ) but like I said I have not lost faith and now that your writing JP and interacting again it takes some weight of my shoulders knowing you didn't run hehe!

Do you realize that if you point your rig to a multipool, or better... rent it out, you could buy 4-5x times the QBC with the BTC you earn from that?
Activity: 17
I was told to stop mining Quebecoin guess what I did....I did not listen to that person and still mining it I still have hope for this coin!!!! I've only got 300 Quebecoins (my mining rig is of 2 GPU's, but when im on my computer only 1 is used to mine hehe ) but like I said I have not lost faith and now that your writing JP and interacting again it takes some weight of my shoulders knowing you didn't run hehe!
Activity: 87
Circonference.ca
I just came across a cool website: http://www.dogecache.com/

I studied tourism in college. This would be quite fun. I am trying Dogecache right now. It would be fun to put them into Google Street View instead of Maps. So it would require a certain knowledge fo Quebec to find them like in Geoguessr...
What's with the crash on Bittrex? That's quite a lot of selling and a real price crash. An -89.8 move.

Its kinda evident that the coin is dead. Drop in Hashrate to less that 1 GH and People selling at whatever satoshis they can get. Its so undervalued right now that about 80% of the coins on bittrex could be bought for under 3 BTC... but nobody's bothering to. That is saying something very loud and clear.

In the off chance that Poloniex or Mintpal picks it up, this coin has hopes of a comeback.

I wouldn't say it's dead, but I might put it in critical condition.

There are a couple of issues going on, but they aren't that easy to fix.

First, the nation coin fad sort of came and went between the coin ann, and its release. What makes the coin better than other nation coins also leads to less hype, so people just ignore it.

That, and I think the dev may have underestimated the speed at which crypto moves, which was one of my concerns with the 2 year drop plan. By the time any drops occur, the coin may be worthless (ie maza). The first two weeks during a coin's release is when people want to see an active dev, new wallets, new exchanges, and a bit of hype around a coin. And I don't mean just to pump the coin for a later dump. Just to raise the floor of the coin to respectable levels and keep volume.

That's why I mentioned that if poloniex can't be convinced to take the coin right now, it may not be a bad idea for the dev to look at smaller exchanges. It's not ideal, but it's something. If it was me, I'd try to try to set up an arrangement similar to what Noble did with that Austin exchange... get them to promote the coin, offer a discount right on their main page.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
What's with the crash on Bittrex? That's quite a lot of selling and a real price crash. An -89.8 move.

Its kinda evident that the coin is dead. Drop in Hashrate to less that 1 GH and People selling at whatever satoshis they can get. Its so undervalued right now that about 80% of the coins on bittrex could be bought for under 3 BTC... but nobody's bothering to. That is saying something very loud and clear.

In the off chance that Poloniex or Mintpal picks it up, this coin has hopes of a comeback.
Activity: 126
copper member
I missed the IPO. I'll catch up mining at such a low hashes.

That's the spirit!
Activity: 12
I missed the IPO. I'll catch up mining at such a low hashes.
Activity: 23
Oh, happy to see JP's back.   Something happened , it's really bad  to the price.
Activity: 112

I'm 100% against buying votes. The only thing I'm buying with the IPO is time to work on QBC and I'm also considering a BTC bounty for the Android Wallet since QBC has not yet seen real volume.

As much as I dislike saying it, he may wish to offer a bounty for poloniex.

Offer a bounty to get listed on one of the bigger exchanges. I believe I have seen poloniex claim it from other coins. Yeah, it's basically paying for a coin to get listed, and no idea if they'd even take it. But it's a lot easier than buying votes on mintpal/cryptsy, and must be cheaper.

A QBC bounty is probably a good idea, getting added to Poloniex gives it value.

I think I can successfully lock down the premine within two weeks, I'll be giving my suggestions soon and we'll be able to determine the best course of action. As I've stated before I have absolutely no intention of touching the premine and I love the idea of locking it down.

I've tried to kick off this discussion with you before, but you don't seem to care to much. I understand you don't owe any of us anything tho.

Even thought I'm worried about it, I feel like you should not rush the pre-mine lock too fast. The discussion should start as soon as possible, but the lock down could wait and kick-in at strategic time. Don't you think? Lets just assume you had the pre-mine locked today... No body would really give a fuck, they are busy with other things right now lol. At least that's my opininon.

I'm not so sure it has to be one or the other. Getting on a smaller exchange would probably just take an email from the dev. For something like poloniex or a larger exchange, it'd just be a bounty offer on the main page of this thread. Like 5 min. of work?

I'll admit it won't matter much if other stuff isn't done, but trying to get on another exchange won't affect multipool or android stuff in a negative way.

What kind of bounty you think it would take? There's 3000 QBC for the Wallet and it has no traction at all... What kind of bounty would Busoni require? 10, 100, 1000$?

You're right about the pre-mine lockdown, I'm trying to do a collaboration with a well known person which will give it some exposure as well. I'll time the lockdown with the launch of a multipool and make an announcement. People were clearly excited about the launch, we hit an unbelievable 5.5+ GH/s within 24h, so I think we can gather some more attention with a combined Lockdown + Multipool announcement.
Activity: 34

I proposed to Crypsty to add the Quebecoin. They asked me that they would study it. Maybe JP could talk directly to them. I am working with this trade very often and it works very well.
If someone does not have an account, this is my refereed link https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=234502  Grin Wink

Niced to see you again JP. Good luck with your multipool (By the way, are we talking about merged mining?)

Actually I have no idea. I just remember seeing a new coin with an exchange bounty listed, and stating it was claimed by poloniex. I'm also not sure how the dev can word it so that only a decent sized exchange accepts it. Usually the bounties are for any exchanges, and the dinky ones probably can be gotten on for free.

It's weird that Busoni hasn't returned the devs emails. I mean, if you look at the coins accepted, it's not like they all need to be earthshattering great coins with super high volume. They just took that asiacoin and colbert coin, for instance.

And I mean a btc bounty. IPO money could be used instead of QBC.
copper member
Hi,

I just joined the forum, been mining QBC for a couple days now even if I don't know much about cryptocurrency.

I'm an IT Systems Integrator in the Gatineau, QC area.

I have access to a fast hosting server in IWeb data center in Montreal where I could setup a quick bilingual Wordpress and PHPbb for free (of course QBC donations would be nice)

Just let me know and I can setup everything within an hour or so.

one of us...one of us...ONE OF US

Another Gatinois! Cheesy Welcome in the Crypto currency world.

Any idea if there's such a thing as storage w/ electricity and internet somewhere in Gatineau? I'll be moving in Val-Des-Monts this june, and I wont have internet for a couple weeks (maybe even months). All of my 11 GPUs would be sitting in a basement not doing anything until service a provider show up in that region...

I'm disappointed to say Poloniex (Busoni) has not responded to me so far, I saw that others had contacted them too. I think we may need a bit more volume to get them to put in the effort. So first step is still the Multipool for automated buying of QBC.

Any more details? Is it going to be hosted in Quebec? Or are you just paying for the multi pool to be built as you want it to be?

Pages:
Jump to: