Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 26. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Lets look at harder options people. Time is precious in crypto universe. Lets give JP a deadline... say till 12th May. If he's not back or is absconding, we yell "scam" in red for 10 mins and move on. If he was an honest guy who got hit by a truck - tough luck. We say a prayer for 10 mins and still move the fuck on. Here's what I propose:

-  community take over. Getting a solid team together, and rebranding.

- A hard fork similar to AsiaCoin where the premine is effectively unspeandable and the subsequent reduction in the total number of coins makes the coins more valuable. No 50% nonsense to Quebeckers and all that shit. Those days are over. You want it, you earn it.

- An openly announced instamine for a specified period (say 2 hours) or upto a certain block number just before launch. This would be the payment for the dev and his team, bounties for exchanges, quality pools, translators, wallet makers, cobblers, tailors, designers and all that rebranding stuff. The said people would complete the work in good faith that they would be paid after the instamine. I suggest paying them generously to get top quality work and a tip for working on trust. The compensation would of course be transparent.

Feel free to add on to the ideas as you see fit. I'm sure things will take form organically. I'm also pretty sure JP is reading this through a sockpuppet account  Cheesy

Way too early I think to be considering that sort of thing. A couple of weeks from now, maybe, if the dev just vanished completely.

If we are just thinking aloud, rebranding would be the first order of business. I would avoid any nation coin connotation or purpose, go POS, and simply giveaway the premine to everyone, ie community/itc/share coin style. Use part of the premine as a bounty for new wallets and coin changes. The current price is so low, it'd avoid the airdrop problem somewhat, as there isn't much point to selling at current prices, and Bittrex is pretty low volume anyway.

But that is just random thoughts on what I would do with an abandoned coin. And again, too early to really consider it. It's possible that the dev has just been really busy in RL, and misjudged how important it is to have a forum presence.

If im not mistaken, I think the premine is with the dev right? POW or POS, I'm sure we can all agree that the last thing we want in a revived coin is 50% of the coins in the hands of the guy who never showed up. "Deleting" those those coins is the fair thing to do. Also going completely POS is a bit unfair on the people who were mining it till now hoping for the prices to increase "someday" when the dev returns. Plus a date like 12th or 13th is far enough to effectively make the dev MIA for 10 days. I believe if someone is missing for 10 days, its saying something. If they do turn up on the last minute, I guess a damn good story is good enough.

I personally cannot think highly of someone who took money from people saying its for him to actively promote and develop the coin for the next one year, and then go missing a few days later after. If he's in a coma / paralyzed / dead, he cannot be a dev. If he's back when he's done being "busy", he's not good enough to be a dev.

As for misjudging the presence on the forum, I think he knew exactly how important it was. Otherwise you would see it as consistent in his behaviour.... ie the notiecable absence before and after launch. But we know that's not true. He knew that while raking in the money, he needed to be be active on the forums. He also knew being active after was equally important because the whole premise of asking for the money was to take the time off and remain active like like he is at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
u got 12 hours to send the syrup or else.  Grin

What?
He never even sent the maple syrup?
u got 12 hours to send the syrup or else.  Grin
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
Lets look at harder options people. Time is precious in crypto universe. Lets give JP a deadline... say till 12th May. If he's not back or is absconding, we yell "scam" in red for 10 mins and move on. If he was an honest guy who got hit by a truck - tough luck. We say a prayer for 10 mins and still move the fuck on. Here's what I propose:

-  community take over. Getting a solid team together, and rebranding.

- A hard fork similar to AsiaCoin where the premine is effectively unspeandable and the subsequent reduction in the total number of coins makes the coins more valuable. No 50% nonsense to Quebeckers and all that shit. Those days are over. You want it, you earn it.

- An openly announced instamine for a specified period (say 2 hours) or upto a certain block number just before launch. This would be the payment for the dev and his team, bounties for exchanges, quality pools, translators, wallet makers, cobblers, tailors, designers and all that rebranding stuff. The said people would complete the work in good faith that they would be paid after the instamine. I suggest paying them generously to get top quality work and a tip for working on trust. The compensation would of course be transparent.

Feel free to add on to the ideas as you see fit. I'm sure things will take form organically. I'm also pretty sure JP is reading this through a sockpuppet account  Cheesy

Way too early I think to be considering that sort of thing. A couple of weeks from now, maybe, if the dev just vanished completely.

If we are just thinking aloud, rebranding would be the first order of business. I would avoid any nation coin connotation or purpose, go POS, and simply giveaway the premine to everyone, ie community/itc/share coin style. Use part of the premine as a bounty for new wallets and coin changes. The current price is so low, it'd avoid the airdrop problem somewhat, as there isn't much point to selling at current prices, and Bittrex is pretty low volume anyway.

But that is just random thoughts on what I would do with an abandoned coin. And again, too early to really consider it. It's possible that the dev has just been really busy in RL, and misjudged how important it is to have a forum presence.

-  community take over. Getting a solid team together, and rebranding.

I`m doing my best here, i don`t have any good ideas on how to promote this coin, on how to make it grow a little. We are all waiting for good news from the dev. Maybe he has a good plan for this. Dev??

There are viable ways to promote the coin, but unfortunately most of them require the dev to be involved.

Giveaways, both locally and online, tend to be the first thing most coins do. Get cryptosandwich and bitbullions involved and give some coins away there. Offer some coins for signatures. I also don't know if it was a lie, or what happened, but didn't the dev say at some point people were contacting him for interviews or more info? That could of helped.

So the dev needs to do a marketing push, then get at least 1-2 other exchanges to take the coin. Forget Mintpal, that ain't happening. If Poloniex is out of the picture, the dev should pick 2 of the smaller, yet not completely dinky/amateur, exchanges.

Multipool would help. Android wallets would help a little, I guess (although not sure if it really matters at this point).

And finally the dev should lay out a timetable, get the premine locked down, and do all of that sort of stuff most coins do in the first week of release.
Activity: 269
right now, I am feeling quite stupid for continuing to mine this coin.

Sad
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
The dev disappeared for days .  I worry about this, maybe he has lost the passion to the coin.

I am also worried. I hope the premine is safe. However, there is no volume in the exchanges, so there is no dump from the premine.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
The dev disappeared for days .  I worry about this, maybe he has lost the passion to the coin.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

4116 votes
Keep voting on www.mintpal.com
We need more exchangers, we need volume for this coin.

Are you kidding me? Earth will be a nuclear wasteland (or have flying cars) by the time we get anywhere with voting there. This coin needs hype and giveaways, signature spam and what not just to take notice of the coin. We had that momentum at launch but failed miserably to utilize it effectively with crappy amateur leadership. Heck, I don't think this coin has enough of a community to even execute a community take over!!

I`m doing my best here, i don`t have any good ideas on how to promote this coin, on how to make it grow a little. We are all waiting for good news from the dev. Maybe he has a good plan for this. Dev??

4116 votes

Are you kidding me? Earth will be a nuclear wasteland (or have flying cars) by the time we get anywhere with voting there. This coin needs hype and giveaways, signature spam and what not just to take notice of the coin. We had that momentum at launch but failed miserably to utilize it effectively with crappy amateur leadership. Heck, I don't think this coin has enough of a community to even execute a community take over!!
Activity: 140

4116 votes
copper member
Activity: 504
TBH i invested in the IPO with the intention of dumping it after the release, but i had to wait a delay of 3 days to receive my coins for dumping (no intention of holding, this coin brings nothing new, no marketing either).

If i received it at launch i'd have made 10x or more profit, unfortunately by the time i got it profit was only 3x, i unloaded enough to cover expenses.

I lost hope in most altcoins and hope many will soon die from 50%, mismanagement, hacks, and all the attack so that only the best will survive.

That said, i read something about people in quebec/montreal getting free coins ? how do i claim them?

edit: i really think marketing should be left out of the coins, this marketing shitstorm came in fall of last year when all the trolls and micro cap penny stock scammers started getting in on this.

You dumped 1029 QBC, no big deal, I still love you Grin.

o3u
Activity: 393
Money comes, money goes
TBH i invested in the IPO with the intention of dumping it after the release, but i had to wait a delay of 3 days to receive my coins for dumping (no intention of holding, this coin brings nothing new, no marketing either).

If i received it at launch i'd have made 10x or more profit, unfortunately by the time i got it profit was only 3x, i unloaded enough to cover expenses.

I lost hope in most altcoins and hope many will soon die from 50%, mismanagement, hacks, and all the attack so that only the best will survive.

That said, i read something about people in quebec/montreal getting free coins ? how do i claim them?

edit: i really think marketing should be left out of the coins, this marketing shitstorm came in fall of last year when all the trolls and micro cap penny stock scammers started getting in on this.

I would like to mention that shipping a bunch of cans of maple syrup is a bit of a hassle. I have worked with people who run Kickstarters and the simple bonus stuff fulfillment phase is Hell and may require a part time worker and weeks of work. Though it is nice that in this case the bonus is not some crap made in China, it actually makes sense and it's a local product.

I think he stated he has 8 cans of syrup to mail out. I don't think it will require a part-time worker nor require weeks to mail them. Unless the syrup happened to be out of stock, I don't see really why it'd take this long.

lol 8 of them. he better scale up.

I would like to mention that shipping a bunch of cans of maple syrup is a bit of a hassle. I have worked with people who run Kickstarters and the simple bonus stuff fulfillment phase is Hell and may require a part time worker and weeks of work. Though it is nice that in this case the bonus is not some crap made in China, it actually makes sense and it's a local product.

I think he stated he has 8 cans of syrup to mail out. I don't think it will require a part-time worker nor require weeks to mail them. Unless the syrup happened to be out of stock, I don't see really why it'd take this long.
copper member
Activity: 504
Bonjour a tous,
je me permets de donner moi aussi mon avis ayant un peu investi dans l'IPO.
Je pense que le quebecoin a un réel potentiel, certes pas aussi important que le bitcoin mais qu'il peut faire son chemin de son coté et surtout au quebec (je précise que je suis français).

JP s'est beaucoup investi au long des posts, et surement physiquement, avant le lancement du Quebecoin. C'était très rassurant et encourant pour une future crypto de voir son développer poster plusieurs fois dans la même journée, écouter la communauté, nous tenant informé de tous ses avancements et réagir face a nos différentes remarques et interrogations.
Certes JP n'est pas le quebecoin, mais en tant que son développer principal c'est assez dérangeant de le voir disparaître plusieurs jours sans donner de nouvelles (ou très peu) et en nous tenant assez peu informé en comparaison d'avant le lancement.
Mon ressenti est que j'ai l'impression de passer plus de temps sur le forum a lire vos posts (enfin avec google traduction pour la plus part) que JP et c'est assez frustrant...

JP, je pense que si tu pouvais nous tenir informés un peu plus régulièrement ou même nous dire si tu ne peut être disponible sur le forum pendant X jours je pense que cela pourrait rassurer pas mal de gens.

La communauté a l'air assez petite mais bien réactive, je pense que certains d'entre nous seraient disponibles pour te donner un petit coup de main si tu as besoin dans nos compétences respectives.

Enfin je pense que cela serait bien si il pouvait y avoir un calendrier de prévu avec différents objectifs, par exemple :
Mai= expédition sirop d'érable + verrouillage des coins pré minés + ...
Juin = Diffusion d'informations par les réseaux sociaux +...
Juillet -> Septembre = créer la procédure et les outils de vérification pour la distribution
Etc...

Enfin j'ai l'impression qu'une crypto c'est comme un homme politique, peu importe comment on en parle, mais il faut qu'on en parle pour qu'elle ait un avenir! Smiley

La couverture médiatique avant le lancement du québecoin a été géniale et j'espère vraiment que le quebecoin ne restera pas de simples phrases dans un journal de Montréal d'il y a un mois mais un outil a la porté des principaux intéressés.

Bonne soirée a tous.

PS : Désolé pour les anglophones, j'ai utilisé un traducteur pour pouvoir exprimer au mieux ce que je pense dans ma langue maternelle.

C'est un belle façon de dire ce que la majorité (si pas l'ensemble) de le communauté Québecoin pensent. J'veux dire, re-lit les pages 1 à 40. Ça ne fera que te remémorer a quel point le coin a (ou avais?) du potentiel. Puis après viens la phase du lancement, ou ça vire un peu croche; premièrement le portefeuille Windows est compiler pour un bounty, puis ensuite celui Mac... En fin, JP manque à l'action.

Y pourrais avoir mille excuses, mais malheureusement, tout celle qui me viennent en tête sont mauvaise. Peu-être qu'il a compris le potentiel que ça avais, puis maintenant il attend que la valeur descendre le plus bas possible, afin qu'ils - lui, ses amis et ça famille, puissent se procurer des QBC pas cher. Après quoi il s'y remettra, relâchant sont talent encore une fois. Peut-être qu'il est réellement en train de célébrer. Dépensant tout le IPO (9.8K~) avec ça femme, a fumer du crack dans sont remplis bien plein de sirop d'érable. On est sur l'internet - tout est possible.

Le temps nous le dira. Mais une chose sur lequel on peu tous s’entendre; ça aurai été vraiment cool que les choses continues comme elle allaient pendant le IPO.

This is a nice way of saying what most (if not all) of the Québecoin community thinks. I mean, read through pages 1-40 again. It'll just remind you how potent the coin is (or was?). Then comes the the launch phase, where it gets a bit awkward; at first the windows wallet gets compiled for a bounty, then the Mac wallet... before JP goes Missing In Action.

There could be thousand of excuses, but unfortunately, all of the ones that come to my mind are FUD. Maybe he's waiting for the value to go as low as possible so he(and his friend/familiarly) can grab some cheap QBC, before unleashing his talent again. Maybe he's just celebrating. Blowing the 9.8K$~ IPO with his wife and smoking crack-cocaine while bathing in 20 gallons of maple syrup. This is the internet - everything is possible.

Time will tell. But we can all agree it would of been awesome if everything just kept going as they were during the IPO.

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Circonference.ca
JP as an investor I have to admit my patience for delivering on at least some of the promises is fading fast. You really had me going, and I'm not spreading fud either, just really disappointed at this stage.

I have also been disappointed with the lack of interaction with JP but I also know that after three weeks of working on this he must have fallen in bed and slept for days!! ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Marie-Lynn
oh yeah and send the fucking syrup already  Grin

LOL... take away a man's home, but you should never deny him his maple syrup Tongue
oh yeah and send the fucking syrup already  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: