Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 90. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
I think the delay on airdrop is to develop the coin/dev team/ infrastructure for QBC then once many of the pump and dumps are over the airdrop won't have this crazy effect on price. Correct me if I'm wrong JP, that's just my observation.

Yep, and it makes sense.

Yes, it definitely does. Two years is an eternity in crypto time: more than enough time to develop a rich ecosystem of shops and services. And it's a great way for francophonies en Québec et autre to show their stuff!

Heck, a Franco-Ontarien might give it a whirl!

My concern is that it is an eternity in crypto time. Meaning it may be too long a delay. I would have liked to have seen 6 month drops, spread out over 2-3 years total. Not a drop every 2 years. But we'll see how it works out. I just know people here have really short attention spans ... 2 years to them is like 20 years... not sure how that will affect the price.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I think the delay on airdrop is to develop the coin/dev team/ infrastructure for QBC then once many of the pump and dumps are over the airdrop won't have this crazy effect on price. Correct me if I'm wrong JP, that's just my observation.

Yep, and it makes sense.

Yes, it definitely does. Two years is an eternity in crypto time: more than enough time to develop a rich ecosystem of shops and services. And it's a great way for francophonies en Québec et autre to show their stuff!

Heck, a Franco-Ontarien might give it a whirl!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Agreed its not a bad idea, just the slower distribution may make it difficult. This coin has a future though and I'm good with that. The devs will need everyone's help though so keep those ideas flowing.

Yep, and it makes sense. Although I have mentioned I think it would have been better to do a small airdrop to everyone in Quebec within the first 3 months or so, then spread out the drops over time, mostly just to get word of mouth + more promotion. But the way the dev set it up, there should be no major price drops. Unless IPO people sell off, hence why it may not be the best idea to go crazy with exchanges at first.

I was just thinking aloud as to if a nation coin would be better off doing a full airdrop, but keeping a coin off exchanges as long as possible (at least until 50% or more coins are distributed). But the rate of distribution probably would be too slow for that, unless it's a really small nation/area.
Although the coin is going with the exchange first, then small local giveaways, then 2 years between airdrops, I started wondering if a better way to go might have been to do the full blown airdrop, but keep it off the exchanges for at least 3-6 months. I realize this may not even be possible due to the fact some exchanges could list it without the dev's permission. I was just thinking to myself that if it was possible, it may have been better.

If you look at FAC, Comm, C2 and similar coins, they are sort of like nation coins, but the group they are giving the coins to aren't an actual nation ... just a group on the internet. But their 'airdrop' mostly occurs before the coins hit an exchange, so there is no drop in prices. It's actually the opposite, where the price grows organically after everyone (or most) have their coins.

So I guess this is just an idea that it may be better not to go crazy with hitting tons of exchanges early on, at least until the initial small giveaways/promo or whatever is planned for the coin.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Good luck! Hope to see this succeed!

Thank you!

For everyone else, 18 1/2 hours left on the IPO! www.qbc.io/ipo , see the first post for instructions, we're at almost 17 BTC! Just got another investment which I'll add to the IPO table.

Activity: 213
Merit: 102
Good luck! Hope to see this succeed!
This slight delay won't affect shareholders as our first exchange (bittrex) will be available only a few days after launch

I have gotten official confirmation that we are going to be on BITTREX after launch.

so on bittrex after launch or few days after launch?

and the full amount of ipo coins are going to be released in 48hours?

do you accept escrow?

Just to be clear it's a few days after launch. IPO coins start getting sent 3 days after launch (so on April 21st at 8:00 AM) until April 23rd (48 hour timeframe to send all IPO coins).

You can use escrow without a problem, a few people seem to be trusted by the community (Anon136 and escrow.ms I think). You'll have to arrange the escrow with them and get it done before 8:00 AM EST tomorrow (April 16th). I won't be accepting any more IPO investments after that.

This slight delay won't affect shareholders as our first exchange (bittrex) will be available only a few days after launch

I have gotten official confirmation that we are going to be on BITTREX after launch.

so on bittrex after launch or few days after launch?

and the full amount of ipo coins are going to be released in 48hours?

do you accept escrow?
is there a way to get p2pool source for qbc? i'd be down for running a node, but i don't have the time to make the changes to the darkcoin p2pool code.

Everyone is getting access to the QBC source at the same time on Friday morning at 8:00 AM EST. You'll be able to set it up after that.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
is there a way to get p2pool source for qbc? i'd be down for running a node, but i don't have the time to make the changes to the darkcoin p2pool code.
We have setup another pool which is available for pre-registration now.

http://qbc.cryptoADHD.com

1% Pool fee - 50% of this fee and donations will be donated to a charity yet to be determined.
PPLNS Payout
VARDIFF Stratum

Hey that looks good! Nice layout and easy on the eyes. I'll add it to the website and first post, thank you.

Dumping my Cryptsy account your way. Wink

9e4d14c26f11bc6e8c85cc8b6e46c1381a901b397e9c0115c23f8d74126e63d8

I saw it coming in live and was wondering who that was! Wow huge endorsement, you're getting us really close to passing 20 BTC! Thank you so much, I'll add it to the IPO page and you'll be able to tell your total from there with your previous amount.

The day you get the pre-mine secured is the day I wipe out my cold wallets.

edit: I know you're from Québec but you're still getting a can of maple syrup if you want it since you are now over 1 BTC!

Use that money to help for the shipping of the cans that are going world wide. I’ll go get myself the same one at the local grocery store haha.

Never put all your eggs in one basket! Of course when the basket ends up making you lots of money you wonder why you didn't put more eggs in it. All right then for the maple syrup, it's not as easy for other people!

There's only 24h hours left on the QBC IPO! Closing time is April 16th 8:00 EST! You can take a look on www.qbc.io/ipo for the latest amounts!

copper member
Activity: 504

I saw it coming in live and was wondering who that was! Wow huge endorsement, you're getting us really close to passing 20 BTC! Thank you so much, I'll add it to the IPO page and you'll be able to tell your total from there with your previous amount.

The day you get the pre-mine secured is the day I wipe out my cold wallets.

edit: I know you're from Québec but you're still getting a can of maple syrup if you want it since you are now over 1 BTC!

Use that money to help for the shipping of the cans that are going world wide. I’ll go get myself the same one at the local grocery store haha.
Activity: 183
We have setup another pool which is available for pre-registration now.

http://qbc.cryptoADHD.com

1% Pool fee - 50% of this fee and donations will be donated to a charity yet to be determined.
PPLNS Payout
VARDIFF Stratum

Ok! So I've updated the IPO page once again with the latest amounts! After having a slow day yesterday, I think we've had our biggest so far today with a total of 4.03895723 BTC Invested! The IPO now has a total of 16.70978675 BTC and it's making me believe that we can top 20 BTC by April 16th at 8:00 AM EST (the IPO ending time).

With less than 2 days left, it's going to be exciting to see if some more whales show up and steal the show.

A big thank you to everyone so far, it's been a great experience, we got off to a rough start and some initial hate but I've been getting nothing but positive comments these last few days and I think QBC is going to be really big!

Go check out  the IPO page!

JP, are you going to be giving any pools early access to the source code? I much prefer the launches where the source is available at the same time to everybody.

I'll have everything ready in password protected zip files (Windows, Linux, Mac) + The source code on github at launch and a set number of blocks will give little to no reward to prevent instamining and make it fair for everyone, so pools will have time to set up as well. So on April 8th at 8:00 AM EST , 12:00 PM UTC, you'll get the password for the file.

Hi,

Here is my info for the ipo.

TransactionID : b354f21d2c52c9873108fabdc7d14a8c50de9d2e0000ac2373f0b6dfba70e87c
Amount : 0.109635 BTC

Thanks

Thank you for making your investment public after all! I encourage transparency as much as possible.

Merci!

copper member
Activity: 504

Activity: 135
JP, are you going to be giving any pools early access to the source code? I much prefer the launches where the source is available at the same time to everybody.
Activity: 86
Hi,

Here is my info for the ipo.

TransactionID : b354f21d2c52c9873108fabdc7d14a8c50de9d2e0000ac2373f0b6dfba70e87c
Amount : 0.109635 BTC

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: