Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 93. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Yeah we had one guy come in here with his "QuebecCoin" which was SHA256 with 1440 block difficulty readjustments... very 2011. Now this guy. This is NOT related to Québecoin (QBC) in any way. If you want to mine a cheap scrypt clone affiliated with the separatist movement, the other one is for you (QCC apparently). If you want a cutting edge X11 coin with DGW and active development and marketing, QBC is for you.

I agree, scrypt clones are a dime a dozen.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I heard people in Quebec are hostile toward English speakers, is that generally true?

Sort of. Quebec has the Language Police. For instance; store owners can be fined for including English in their signs and ads.

Funny. The rest of Canada is obliged to teach French in schools. It used to be a default subject in Grade 8 - not sure about nowadays. It is law that French be on all labels and official signage throughout Canada.

Double standard. Somewhat.

Decivox was a little blunt in his post but accurate for the most part. Not that we need to get political here.

The political and cultural scenerios only give this coin a stronger position in Quebec. The main reason I invested.

Yeah we have the Law 101 which is there to preserve the french language but some people think they take it too far. Enough with the politics though you're right.

JPGagnon, does this coin have anything to do with you guys?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-scrypt-quebeccoin-launch-announcements-discussion-development-567106

I am thinking not because they are very politically motivated (25% of premine going to PQ).  Just weird that I stumbled across this coin today and then see that ANN.

Yeah we had one guy come in here with his "QuebecCoin" which was SHA256 with 1440 block difficulty readjustments... very 2011. Now this guy. This is NOT related to Québecoin (QBC) in any way. If you want to mine a cheap scrypt clone affiliated with the separatist movement, the other one is for you (QCC apparently). If you want a cutting edge X11 coin with DGW and active development and marketing, QBC is for you.
JPGagnon, does this coin have anything to do with you guys?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-scrypt-quebeccoin-launch-announcements-discussion-development-567106

I am thinking not because they are very politically motivated (25% of premine going to PQ).  Just weird that I stumbled across this coin today and then see that ANN.
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
I heard people in Quebec are hostile toward English speakers, is that generally true?

Sort of. Quebec has the Language Police. For instance; store owners can be fined for including English in their signs and ads.

Funny. The rest of Canada is obliged to teach French in schools. It used to be a default subject in Grade 8 - not sure about nowadays. It is law that French be on all labels and official signage throughout Canada.

Double standard. Somewhat.

Decivox was a little blunt in his post but accurate for the most part. Not that we need to get political here.

The political and cultural scenerios only give this coin a stronger position in Quebec. The main reason I invested.
I like X11,it is great,We all like it Smiley

That's why I chose it!

will the IPO end on April 16th, regardless of how short it falls of achieving the intended amount of BTC?

There's no intended amount really, there's an optimal amount. Currently we're a bit below 13 BTC, until 50 BTC this IPO is very profitable and between 50 BTC and 100 BTC there's a great spot where the distribution is really wide and there are no massive whales either, that means that everyone can profit without affecting the market negatively in a pronounced manner. No matter the amount of IPO on April 16th, I'm sticking to the original terms agreed upon by every investor. There's simply still room for a lot of people to make a great return.

Lemay does it really cost that much to house stuff in a Canadian vault?!!? If so geesh that's crazy in the states its like a fraction of that Sad

I couldnt care less If JP moved the premine in a vault he or "two folks from a forum" have control over loll.

They'll need some serious contract, created by lawyers and notaries if they want "me" to take the protection seriously. This is the wildest of wild west my friends, human nature goes crazy at the smell of paper bills. I'd never invest more than a slight amount of time and money, even thought I can afford to lose it all, when I know someone(s) has the power to fuck me dry easily.

So far I love what JP has done, but I cringe every time he says "I have no plan to dump the pre-mime", or how ever he words it. We're all unpretictable, anybody can go insane tommorow.

To clarify some stuff.

I currently have no financial interests in QBC. I'm not participating in the IPO and I'm not mining it until the QBC are secured. I'm doing this because my interest is having a viable coin that I can mine in the future without worries. It's great that I can participate in its potential viability, so I'm doing it. I've been around Bitcoin and friends for 3 years now, I know what it is to be scammed and since then, I'm playing safe on everything I do.

I'm not going to rush the process, because when you rush things, you miss things. Doing it before the launch is impossible without doing an half-assed job. If you find this risky, don't invest more than you are willing to lose.

You probably heard that in the crazy english newspaper we have in Québec. They serve like 8% of the population but somehow, they are the official news source for people outside Québec.

In reality, it's just that Québec speak French. Going to Québec is like going to France. For reasons I don't understand, some english people are offended that Québec is not english like Canada or USA. So they go in their newspaper and cry wolf.

That's a great way to put it Brunic, we're making sure this coin will be great for mining for a long time and people can trust it without having to trust me necessarily. Always play it safe and always think for yourself before investing in anything.

I apologize, I let my political side come out.

My personal views aside - the province has overwhelmingly just voted that they no longer care for separation.  What makes you think they will adopt an alternative to the Canadian dollar?  A separatist nation coin wont gain any traction in a province that is currently screaming for unity.

How do you plan to carry out the airdrop?  Will it be automated like AUR? Which piece of ID will you use?

No worries, I'm really open to everyone and I can't stand classifying people (or provinces) into categories. This is not a separatist nation coin. It's a nation coin for everyone in Québec, no matter what their political affiliations are, no matter their religion or their skin color. It's made for everyone who has made their Québec their home. It's a matter of pride, we have our language and our culture and I think having our currency is a great idea.

As for the airdrop you can read through a few longer posts I've made, It will use a mix of the RAMQ provincial health insurance card and social media accounts, there's 1/5 of the premine distributed every 2 years. In the meantime there will be smaller scale giveaways to targeted groups of interested people. I've written a lot throughout the thread, if you have the time go read my responses.

where will the IPO BTC be used for?
voting for big exchange or something else?

No, as I've stated before I'd never put in any money into paid voting for exchanges. I think having a few great exchanges is enough and when you have real value and they know it, they add you themselves. We already have Bittrex and my next objective will be Vault of Satoshi for a great Canadian exchange which would also give us CAD/QBC and USD/QBC. The IPO BTC are used to allow me to work on the project full time, as I've stated in the first post, there's no hidden agenda.

Don't want to get involved into politics here. Just want to say that Québec politics swing A LOT compared to Canadian or Americans standard. Misreading Québec politics is easy, especially for an outsider. Don't underestimate Quebecers pride for their nation.

Exactly. Plus Québecoin is really not about politics, it's a matter of national pride. That's why I think there's great success ahead.

Activity: 632
Merit: 500
So is this coin dead now that the Liberals won a majority and the PQ suffered a miserable defeat?  There will be no Yes/No referendum coming in the foreseeable future.  Its really too bad though, I was hoping that my tax dollars would stop getting transferred to your broke province to pay for all of its social programs the rest of Canada doesn't get. I guess I can mine this coin for a bit and try to get some of my money back that your province has been stealing through Federal Equalisation Payments.

And as far as Quebec being recognized as a nation, that was a political play to gain the Conservatives some ground in your province.  Stephen Harper calling your province a nation inside Canada has no real meaning... he was just trying to get his party some seats.

First phrase could have been a real question - to which the answer is, Québecoin is politically neutral, we don't care about political parties.

The rest of what you wrote is useless hate. Good luck with your issues.

My personal views aside - the province has overwhelmingly just voted that they no longer care for separation.  What makes you think they will adopt an alternative to the Canadian dollar?  A separatist nation coin wont gain any traction in a province that is currently screaming for unity.

How do you plan to carry out the airdrop?  Will it be automated like AUR? Which piece of ID will you use?

Don't want to get involved into politics here. Just want to say that Québec politics swing A LOT compared to Canadian or Americans standard. Misreading Québec politics is easy, especially for an outsider. Don't underestimate Quebecers pride for their nation.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
where will the IPO BTC be used for?
voting for big exchange or something else?
So is this coin dead now that the Liberals won a majority and the PQ suffered a miserable defeat?  There will be no Yes/No referendum coming in the foreseeable future.  Its really too bad though, I was hoping that my tax dollars would stop getting transferred to your broke province to pay for all of its social programs the rest of Canada doesn't get. I guess I can mine this coin for a bit and try to get some of my money back that your province has been stealing through Federal Equalisation Payments.

And as far as Quebec being recognized as a nation, that was a political play to gain the Conservatives some ground in your province.  Stephen Harper calling your province a nation inside Canada has no real meaning... he was just trying to get his party some seats.

First phrase could have been a real question - to which the answer is, Québecoin is politically neutral, we don't care about political parties.

The rest of what you wrote is useless hate. Good luck with your issues.

Activity: 632
Merit: 500
Lemay does it really cost that much to house stuff in a Canadian vault?!!? If so geesh that's crazy in the states its like a fraction of that Sad

I couldnt care less If JP moved the premine in a vault he or "two folks from a forum" have control over loll.

They'll need some serious contract, created by lawyers and notaries if they want "me" to take the protection seriously. This is the wildest of wild west my friends, human nature goes crazy at the smell of paper bills. I'd never invest more than a slight amount of time and money, even thought I can afford to lose it all, when I know someone(s) has the power to fuck me dry easily.

So far I love what JP has done, but I cringe every time he says "I have no plan to dump the pre-mime", or how ever he words it. We're all unpretictable, anybody can go insane tommorow.

To clarify some stuff.

I currently have no financial interests in QBC. I'm not participating in the IPO and I'm not mining it until the QBC are secured. I'm doing this because my interest is having a viable coin that I can mine in the future without worries. It's great that I can participate in its potential viability, so I'm doing it. I've been around Bitcoin and friends for 3 years now, I know what it is to be scammed and since then, I'm playing safe on everything I do.

I'm not going to rush the process, because when you rush things, you miss things. Doing it before the launch is impossible without doing an half-assed job. If you find this risky, don't invest more than you are willing to lose.

You probably heard that in the crazy english newspaper we have in Québec. They serve like 8% of the population but somehow, they are the official news source for people outside Québec.

In reality, it's just that Québec speak French. Going to Québec is like going to France. For reasons I don't understand, some english people are offended that Québec is not english like Canada or USA. So they go in their newspaper and cry wolf.
Activity: 70
will the IPO end on April 16th, regardless of how short it falls of achieving the intended amount of BTC?
Activity: 56
I like X11,it is great,We all like it Smiley

Activity: 14
New pool for QBC : http://qbc.incoinswetrust.com/

Proportionnal - 0% fees - Pre-register opened !
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
It doesn't matter if it's two forum members, the important thing is that the process is provably secure from any point of view. I'm telling you right away that there won't be thousands of dollars or expensive notaries/lawyers involved in securing the premine, even if the IPO was 200 BTC and I had extra cash to burn, the security is built in to the protocol and there are ways of making it foolproof for everyone involved.
I actually know nothing about bank vaults, the rules you can apply to them and the strength of those rules. I have a bit of experience about dealing with decent amount of money. When both party want's to be safe, they get it well documented by authorities so that nobody get screwed easily. That cost money. The point I was trying to make is that I wouldn't trust the Pre-Mine Protection unless it's professionally handled. I’d be willing to donate for such a project/kick-starter type thing, and I wouldn’t be the only one. I have a feeling the media would be all over this as well. The first Nation-coin with a solid protection.

We'll outline a plan of action and you can then find the flaws if there are any and force us to correct them before proceeding. One way of making it more credible overall was to get the assistance and approval of a well known person in Montréal, a celebrity or ideally some kind of well known tech figure.
That’s great. I was even thinking maybe a business like Vault Of Satoshi (yes, I’m bringing up VoS again lol)? Or something similar that has so far proven their legitimacy in the crypto world might be interested in being the "protector" of a portion of a nation pre-mine. It would definitely bring them great publicity and customers.

That way it's not two guys from a forum. If that's still not enough, I'll reimburse you your IPO investment and you will be able to put it into a project which will meet your required standards.
I hope you’re not being hurt by what I’m saying? I have a strong feeling you’re not new around the Interwebs, and you know exactly the point I’m trying to make. Being a Quebecer, I’m extremely excited about QBC and I will be talking my friends and family into it. I’m even thinking about participating and helping with what ever I can. Something I haven’t  done for any of the coins I own. But I cannot invest the amount I would like too knowing how easily I can be burned. Same with friends and family; I couldn’t but give them a big warning.

50% of the coins! That’s a whale from outer space. Don’t you feel a bit unsafe knowing that this is a major target if the coins reaches any kind of decent value?

There's no reason to cringe at my promises, almost every nation coin developer has been anonymous so far, I'm not trying to be and I'm doing more than anyone so far to secure the pre-mine. No one is perfect, but my jaw dropped with disgust when I heard about the Aphrodite coin dumps if that's any indicator on how I feel about human nature. That's why I'm so enthusiastic about making people feel secure about the entire process.

As far as I know, you’ve only discussed it on the internet so far. I  agreed that it brings QBC ahead other nation coin, has they did not discuss this at all(?). But in reality, chatting over the internet doesn’t mean much. Baby steps of course. There’s also the fact that the protection will only (if it does) kick in post launch. Leaves more rooms for “accident” to happen. I’ve red countless hours of stuff like http://www.419eater.com/html/letters.htm. I guess it really left a mark on me. And I’m sorry - It’s nothing against you -  nor against any other nation coin developer. Be it anonymous OR NOT, I hardly trust anybody that I do not know at a personal level.

The Current state of crypto currency is high risk / high reward game.  When you add a 50% pre-mine it becomes an extreme risk, still high reward. That’s how I see it. I’m in this for 45$ fucking dollars…… Yet I feel like to care a lot about this coin. If it wasn’t for the added risk of an IPO/Pre-mine, I’d be in for a lot more than 45$. And I mean a LOT more.
So is this coin dead now that the Liberals won a majority and the PQ suffered a miserable defeat?  There will be no Yes/No referendum coming in the foreseeable future.  Its really too bad though, I was hoping that my tax dollars would stop getting transferred to your broke province to pay for all of its social programs the rest of Canada doesn't get. I guess I can mine this coin for a bit and try to get some of my money back that your province has been stealing through Federal Equalisation Payments.

And as far as Quebec being recognized as a nation, that was a political play to gain the Conservatives some ground in your province.  Stephen Harper calling your province a nation inside Canada has no real meaning... he was just trying to get his party some seats.
Activity: 34
Transaction id: a1596ba87e84dd7e85bce5bda8d965f1736f22de40d9e401556a6124fc8d0d8f
Amount: 0.03 BTC
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1004
did someone talked to altcoincalender.info to put in there?

Generally no, there are always exceptions though. If you come to Montréal you'll find some people who don't even speak french, or barely! You can survive with English only in Montréal without any trouble but if you go to smaller towns it will be a bit more difficult. I'd say most people here (Québec, not specifically Montréal) have a live and let live philosophy. I like to see the best in people though, so I might be wrong!
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
You two should really expand on the plans/idea for the protection of the pre-mine using bank/vault/authority. Get the process started sooner than later. That'll cost a couple grand, but if you managed to get a solid and generally approved protection, I'd be in for a lot more right now.

This would be the best selling point ever. Otherwise I'd be nothing but sorry... Nobody can trust someone over the internet. And I wouldn't want an kind of major amount of coins in the hands of a human. Just think of an extreme case... lets say QBC reached 5 bucks before these first air drop... thats millions of dollars in the hand of a vulnerable being.

It's been the same with every nation coin so far, the devs have control of the airdrop and most people don't question it. There's been one incident of dumps of the premine so far and that's Aphroditecoin. Everything I do from this point on to secure the premine should be considered as setting a new standard in security for nation coins. Saying it will cost thousands of dollars is not realistic though, cryptocurrency security is cheap and bank vaults aren't expensive either. We'll be able to think up a plan which is provably secure as well.

It doesn't, a small vault at the Bank of Montréal costs 45$ a year and that's all the security you need, you can set rules for accessing it anyways.

It doesn't matter if it's two forum members, the important thing is that the process is provably secure from any point of view. I'm telling you right away that there won't be thousands of dollars or expensive notaries/lawyers involved in securing the premine, even if the IPO was 200 BTC and I had extra cash to burn, the security is built in to the protocol and there are ways of making it foolproof for everyone involved.

We'll outline a plan of action and you can then find the flaws if there are any and force us to correct them before proceeding. One way of making it more credible overall was to get the assistance and approval of a well known person in Montréal, a celebrity or ideally some kind of well known tech figure. That way it's not two guys from a forum. If that's still not enough, I'll reimburse you your IPO investment and you will be able to put it into a project which will meet your required standards.

There's no reason to cringe at my promises, almost every nation coin developer has been anonymous so far, I'm not trying to be and I'm doing more than anyone so far to secure the premine. No one is perfect, but my jaw dropped with disgust when I heard about the Aphroditecoin dumps if that's any indicator on how I feel about human nature. That's why I'm so enthusiastic about making people feel secure about the entire process.

Slow day for everyone today it seems. All eyes on bitcoin.

Tough times for a lot of cryptos right now. At a glance, only BlackCoin seems to have been spared.

BlackCoin has been doing really well overall that's for sure. A few others haven't actually moved in relation to Bitcoin but haven't risen either so they seem affected from a $ perspective. I won't pass any judgement on Bitcoin though right now, for the moment it's rallying a bit but further bad news are possibly always behind the corner. I truly believe that we will pull through though.

I contacted the guys from SuchPool earlier since they had told me they were preparing a pool (I really wanted them in this project, they are Montréal based!) and they have finished set-up of the pool and it looks great and is open for pre-registration! They will be awarded a bounty and I've added them to the first post and on the website as well, take a look! http://quebec.suchpool.pw

Additionally, Louis from SuchPools has let me know that miners from Québec will get direct access without passing through any USA proxies, a nice bonus.

Pages:
Jump to: