Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 94. (Read 161843 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Slow day for everyone today it seems. All eyes on bitcoin.

Tough times for a lot of cryptos right now. At a glance, only BlackCoin seems to have been spared.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Lemay does it really cost that much to house stuff in a Canadian vault?!!? If so geesh that's crazy in the states its like a fraction of that Sad

I couldnt care less If JP moved the premine in a vault he or "two folks from a forum" have control over loll.

They'll need some serious contract, created by lawyers and notaries if they want "me" to take the protection seriously. This is the wildest of wild west my friends, human nature goes crazy at the smell of paper bills. I'd never invest more than a slight amount of time and money, even thought I can afford to lose it all, when I know someone(s) has the power to fuck me dry easily.

So far I love what JP has done, but I cringe every time he says "I have no plan to dump the pre-mime", or how ever he words it. We're all unpretictable, anybody can go insane tommorow.
Activity: 196
Lemay does it really cost that much to house stuff in a Canadian vault?!!? If so geesh that's crazy in the states its like a fraction of that Sad
copper member
Activity: 504
You two should really expand on the plans/idea for the protection of the pre-mine using bank/vault/authority. Get the process started sooner than later. That'll cost a couple grand, but if you managed to get a solid and generally approved protection, I'd be in for a lot more right now.

This would be the best selling point ever. Otherwise I'd be nothing but sorry... Nobody can trust someone over the internet. And I wouldn't want an kind of major amount of coins in the hands of a human. Just think of an extreme case... lets say QBC reached 5 bucks before these first air drop... thats millions of dollars in the hand of a vulnerable being.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Slow day for everyone today it seems. All eyes on bitcoin.

IPO table has been updated! Go take a look at www.qbc.io/ipo (mobile friendly too)

Québecoin (After 9 Days)

Current IPO status : 20 Investors own 210 000 QBC (100% of all IPO coins) - Total invested : 12.57538731
 BTC

24 Investments have been made by 20 investors. 1 Investor has contributed 3 times and 2 investors have contributed 2 times resulting in 24 transactions.

QBC Summary - Proof of Work : X11 - Difficulty Adjustment : Dark Gravity Wave -  Total Coins : 42 Million - Block reward : 26 QBC - Block time : 2.5 Minutes

IPO PRICE floor as of today : 0.00005988 BTC = 1 QBC. Target price is between 0.0002 BTC and 0.0005 BTC after IPO (20k to 50k satoshi).

Profit Potential at current IPO level : Excellent

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

I've added our first pool to the announcement page and to the website both on www.qbc.io and www.qcb.io/fr - OkayPool - they also claimed the first pool bounty, good job!

There are a few very important bounties left, A Québecoin themed infographic explaining X11 mining on gpu and cpu to miners, the first article (not blog post) from a cryptocurrency news website, the first blog post as well.

The most important one is an Android Wallet [4000 QBC bounty] - Just a clean one that works, you can probably use the Doge wallet source or something and tweak it to QBC after launch. I want QBC to be mobile and if no one proposes themselves for it I'll have to take care of it myself after a little while.

I see that Edgecoin are ahead of us in their IPO (they have a lot of promises of cool features, not sure if they'll deliver on everything right away) but we still have a ton of room for very profitable investments. Read the thread and make up your mind!

Android wallet a bit after launch would great. Is there anyone on the forums known for making them for others?

Ok here's my personal opinion after reading the edgecoin thread per your suggestion. They look like they have some neat stuff until I hit the 50 bil coins part. I'm not by any means new to crypto, and I've held many a bag along the way. Any coin over 600 mil has failed me. Look at Dogecoin...good god it has everything publicity wise any coin could ever dream of. The prob is crypto is still too new to give a billion coin count any value. Bitcoin came out in 09' yet this currency is still just an infant.

It will fail, at least in a monetary aspect. So no Ty to edgecoin. Even if every coin gave you an orgasm it would still fail due to coin count. Dogecoin proved this above all other coins.

They might have a video of their wallet, still looks a bit scammy. I really do prefer when a coin has some "Weight" to it. BTC has the ultimate weight per coin but anything over 1$ starts to feel real. I think the edgecoin IPO is a bit longer than QBC but I'd rather have some more QBC for the moment. I know it's not intended as pump and dump but seeing something like Isracoin gain 850% in a day makes me wonder if the next great nation coin (QBC) will do the same.
Ok here's my personal opinion after reading the edgecoin thread per your suggestion. They look like they have some neat stuff until I hit the 50 bil coins part. I'm not by any means new to crypto, and I've held many a bag along the way. Any coin over 600 mil has failed me. Look at Dogecoin...good god it has everything publicity wise any coin could ever dream of. The prob is crypto is still too new to give a billion coin count any value. Bitcoin came out in 09' yet this currency is still just an infant.

It will fail, at least in a monetary aspect. So no Ty to edgecoin. Even if every coin gave you an orgasm it would still fail due to coin count. Dogecoin proved this above all other coins.
Vault of Satoshi gets my vote as a great Canadian exchange.

Same here. Their speed at fiat deposit is a dream!

'Bout time they went bilingual  Wink

It's all about those instant BTC withdrawals though. There's no "pending" like on cryptsy. Click the button, transaction goes through. If you haven't tried Vault of Satoshi, you're missing out.

I've added our first pool to the announcement page and to the website both on www.qbc.io and www.qcb.io/fr - OkayPool - they also claimed the first pool bounty, good job!

There are a few very important bounties left, A Québecoin themed infographic explaining X11 mining on gpu and cpu to miners, the first article (not blog post) from a cryptocurrency news website, the first blog post as well.

The most important one is an Android Wallet [4000 QBC bounty] - Just a clean one that works, you can probably use the Doge wallet source or something and tweak it to QBC after launch. I want QBC to be mobile and if no one proposes themselves for it I'll have to take care of it myself after a little while.

I see that Edgecoin are ahead of us in their IPO (they have a lot of promises of cool features, not sure if they'll deliver on everything right away) but we still have a ton of room for very profitable investments. Read the thread and make up your mind!

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Vault of Satoshi gets my vote as a great Canadian exchange.

Same here. Their speed at fiat deposit is a dream!

'Bout time they went bilingual  Wink
I confirm this.

I'm not participating in the IPO, I'm a miner, so I'm interested in having a good mining environment. The threat of having the dev dumping the pre-mined coins on the market doesn't create a good mining environment. I want the trust in the dev to be irrelevant for the pre-mined coins. At the same time, I'm curious about the concept of a "nation-coin" and would love to see this experience go farther than what we've seen until now from other coins.

The process to secure the coins is not completely defined yet, but I can give some basic elements of it.

- The process for securing the pre-mined coins will start AFTER the launch. It's to give us time to do this correctly and let JPGagnon do a successful launch of his coin. Note that for a certain period of time (couple of weeks maximum), the pre-mined QBC will be in the hands of the dev. During that period of time, I cannot vouch for the security of any of the pre-mined coins.

- The pre-mined coins will be moved to a different wallet when we start securing them. This wallet will be in cold storage in a bank vault with multiple back-ups. I was thinking of putting a copy on a CD, an USB key and an hard drive at the minimum. That way, in a case of degradation, (we fail and drop poutine with maple syrup on them!), it doesn't destroy every media in the same way.

- To access those pre-mined coins, we will need at least 2 person. The access will also be controlled by the bank. I would love to have something where the bank vault can't be physically accessed until the airdrop and the bank refuse the access before the date.

I'll keep the process transparent and will keep you informed.

So there you have it folks, QBC will be the only nation coin with a completely secured premine. You don't have to trust in me to trust in the coin, it will be made secure against dumps from any harmful event.

During the time period between launch and the process to secure the premine, there won't be any problems and I'll publish the address of all premined coins as well. I don't have any intention whatsoever of touching those coins before an airdrop anyways.

Quote from: anonymousxx1503 link=topic=552561.msg6160330#msg6160330

Big endorsement, feeling more confident about QBC every day. Get your coins before the hype starts people!

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to hype this coin beyond its potential, but yeah, get your coins from the IPO while they are still cheap, anything under a 100 BTC IPO has a serious chance of making you some moolah and making QBC a big hit at the same time, win-win! Thanks to all the investors so far!

Activity: 532

I confirm this.

I'm not participating in the IPO, I'm a miner, so I'm interested in having a good mining environment. The threat of having the dev dumping the pre-mined coins on the market doesn't create a good mining environment. I want the trust in the dev to be irrelevant for the pre-mined coins. At the same time, I'm curious about the concept of a "nation-coin" and would love to see this experience go farther than what we've seen until now from other coins.

The process to secure the coins is not completely defined yet, but I can give some basic elements of it.

- The process for securing the pre-mined coins will start AFTER the launch. It's to give us time to do this correctly and let JPGagnon do a successful launch of his coin. Note that for a certain period of time (couple of weeks maximum), the pre-mined QBC will be in the hands of the dev. During that period of time, I cannot vouch for the security of any of the pre-mined coins.

- The pre-mined coins will be moved to a different wallet when we start securing them. This wallet will be in cold storage in a bank vault with multiple back-ups. I was thinking of putting a copy on a CD, an USB key and an hard drive at the minimum. That way, in a case of degradation, (we fail and drop poutine with maple syrup on them!), it doesn't destroy every media in the same way.

- To access those pre-mined coins, we will need at least 2 person. The access will also be controlled by the bank. I would love to have something where the bank vault can't be physically accessed until the airdrop and the bank refuse the access before the date.

Big endorsement, feeling more confident about QBC every day. Get your coins before the hype starts people!
First decent looking country coin. Good, DRK is too hard to mine now but I refuse to leave X11. Tongue

Thanks for the positive feedback, I've done my best to change peoples minds about country coins.

QBC will be the best coin with X11 to mine next week. I'm not saying it's the best X11 coin (Darkcoin holds that title) but it's the one X11 coin to mine when it launches. After the IPO closes I will give miners and investors suggestions on minimum market prices too.
Activity: 632

Ok now for some news, I've talked with a member of this forum from Montréal to prepare a process to secure the premine for Québec. I think it's a great idea, especially since we have long term targets for airdrops. So I'll be collaborating with him and keeping everyone updated on the process too. This way the premine will need at least 2 people to be accessed and will be put on a variety of cold storage.

The member is 'Brunic'

With his collaboration we'll be able to bring QBC to a another level of trust which will benefit the coin itself and everyone who believes in it.

I confirm this.

Activity: 560
First decent looking country coin. Good, DRK is too hard to mine now but I refuse to leave X11. Tongue
Nice start. Looking forward to mine this coin at launch

Thanks a lot, looking forward to you mining it as well.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Nice start. Looking forward to mine this coin at launch

I've updated the page at www.qbc.io/ipo with the latest IPO investments. Go take a look and investors can let me know if there's a mistake somewhere. We've passed 12.57 BTC (which is great) and have 6 (and a half) days of IPO left.

Right now the base price per coin, which is determined by the IPO, is still a bit too low at 0.0000598 BTC/QBC approximately (You can compare how low that is with the latest nation coin which gathered attention, Isracoin, which reached 0.000588 BTC at their peak (approx 10x higher) while having a 4.8 BILLION coin max to our 42 million max and slower production rate).

A good target price is above 0.0002 BTC/QBC (42 BTC IPO). We're still a bit away from that but should get closer as the IPO draws nearer to the end. The higher target price means that each QBC is more valuable and that there are fewer whales, which means that no single person can affect the market too much by selling off all their coins. This way more people can profit from the trades on the market following the mining launch.

So take a good look at QBC and think about investing in a great coin with a ton of short term and long term potential. With BTC going down right now, it's a great way to inflate your holdings a bit while at the same time showing support.

JP I couldn't believe it one of my favorite local restaurants serves a dish called "the big Canadian" Delmonico steak and a side of poutine, it was amazinnngggggg!!!
http://imgur.com/mzF22wL

That looks amazing, I can feel my arteries getting clogged through the picture alone. Must have been delicious.

JP I couldn't believe it one of my favorite local restaurants serves a dish called "the big Canadian" Delmonico steak and a side of poutine, it was amazinnngggggg!!!
http://imgur.com/mzF22wL
Pages:
Jump to: