Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 95. (Read 161843 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
so many BTC from IPO investors!

Yes it's going really well (Although it seems like I'll be shipping 20 cans of maple syrup by the time it's over!)

I just got another PM for an investment (Around 1.2 BTC) by a Canadian hero member so hopefully he comes forward in the thread as well.

Vault of Satoshi gets my vote as a great Canadian exchange.

And we should really try to find a Quebec or Candian minning pool. We need to sipport our economy. Its both great and beneficial for QBC at the same time!

Vault of Satoshi is definitely amazing, if they are willing to add us we'd take a huge step forward. It doesn't mean the same thing that Auroracoin is on there, QBC is made for Québecers who are also Canadians of course. VoS is Canadian and it would give us a direct QBC/CAN exchange rate. I told them on twitter I'd drive over there and bring them some timbits (Like donut holes for everyone else) to convince them but no response yet!

Hashhot pool support x11 algo ....

Pool http://qbc.hashhot.com...Pleasd add it to OP..

I have to ask you to actually make the page before trying to claim the bounty. I said the same thing to OkayPool and he fixed it up nicely qbc.okaypool.com so I awarded him with the first bounty. I've had it claimed by Suchpool who are actually from Montréal but they haven't contacted me since they told me they would make it. Hopefully they come through soon enough, Suprnova.cc too.

Ok now for some news, I've talked with a member of this forum from Montréal to prepare a process to secure the premine for Québec. I think it's a great idea, especially since we have long term targets for airdrops. So I'll be collaborating with him and keeping everyone updated on the process too. This way the premine will need at least 2 people to be accessed and will be put on a variety of cold storage.

The member is 'Brunic'

With his collaboration we'll be able to bring QBC to a another level of trust which will benefit the coin itself and everyone who believes in it.

copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Vault of Satoshi gets my vote as a great Canadian exchange.

And we should really try to find a Quebec or Candian minning pool. We need to sipport our economy. Its both great and beneficial for QBC at the same time!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hashhot pool support x11 algo ....

Pool http://qbc.hashhot.com...Pleasd add it to OP..
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
so many BTC from IPO investors!

------------------------------------
now      Pre-Registration
-------------------------------------

Reward System: Full Stratum/Vardiff system with PPLNS
Server Location: Europe / America
Pro Hardware: Connections: 10 gigabit network hypervisor/storage. Direct connection to AIMX, MSX
Storage: Fast ZFS based environment with SSD cache and 32 disks.
CPU: Xeon 64bit / 16 powerful CPU cores
Ram: 128 GB RAM.

Security:
Two different geo-locations Hot wallets (primary and instant back-up).
Offline secured cold Wallet.
Automated back-ups and warning system for operators.
Ddos protecion.

Québecoin [QBC] is a cryptocurrency made for Québec

Release date : April 18th 2014 8:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

IPO Period : April 1st to 16th 2014

Don't forget to follow/subscribe/like/+1 on all social media!
You'll know about any promotions and giveaways when they happen.

Just updated the IPO page at www.qbc.io/ipo - Go take a look! I've sent a request to the owner to come say hi in this thread but haven't received a response yet.

IPO is now over 11 BTC and climbing fast!

Bonsoir  Smiley I am in the other side of Canada at the moment and just found out about this coin on the POLONIEX TROLLBOX. i want to invest a little bit in the IPO and also claim the bounty for first informative blog post? I will do the blog post in 3 days as I got some posts to do if that is o.k I can also host a big giveaway/promotion as well after the launch? I know you do not like Google translations but if there are any bounties for this for a MANDARIN CHINESE translation done by my husband who is a certified translator and interpreter into and from Mandarin Chinese and he also hates Google translate lol he would like to take that job on. Smiley Je suis Grecque.. Smiley. This is my blog: http://bitbillions.net/

Glad they're chatting about us on trollboxes!

Yes there's still a bounty available for the first blog post, the first Québec article has already been taken though. I'm not putting up any more bounties for translation unfortunately, I'd love to connect with a Chinese audience but I have no way of interacting with them in reality afterwards. Go ahead for the blog post and show me when you're done, I'll credit you the bounty. For the IPO let me know, I'd love if you post your contribution directly in this thread.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bonsoir  Smiley I am in the other side of Canada at the moment and just found out about this coin on the POLONIEX TROLLBOX. i want to invest a little bit in the IPO and also claim the bounty for first informative blog post? I will do the blog post in 3 days as I got some posts to do if that is o.k I can also host a big giveaway/promotion as well after the launch? I know you do not like Google translations but if there are any bounties for this for a MANDARIN CHINESE translation done by my husband who is a certified translator and interpreter into and from Mandarin Chinese and he also hates Google translate lol he would like to take that job on. Smiley Je suis Grecque.. Smiley. This is my blog: http://bitbillions.net/

JP,
how many people in your team pls?
just got a painful IPO from a shitcoin , then i find you . seems good.

Hey for the moment we are 2, I'm the dev and I have a close friend/partner working on design and marketing as much as possible.

If you don't mind I'd like to know what IPO was painful for you? I saw that the cleanwatercoin devs made a massive mistake and cost every IPO investor a lot of money. Or is it something else?

yup, that's water coin , i invested 0.9BTC there.now it's only 0.068.
due to the dev's rather slow response after there's issue. also opinionated fork by only dev themselves,still non-working win wallet even now. i quit. 
that's a real shit IPO! devs never be responsable for their IPO investers.

i suggust that you add more code devs in the team . only 1 is not enough, you can't take everything yourself ,  right?

Yeah that cleanwatercoin was a disaster. For the moment 1 dev + 1 marketer and designer is plenty, Darkcoin has only 1 dev (although he is a machine) and they are always adding new features. If I'm ever overloaded I will try to find some help, and the offers have been coming in from people in Montréal too so there's no lack of volunteers.
Activity: 86

JP,
how many people in your team pls?
just got a painful IPO from a shitcoin , then i find you . seems good.

Hey for the moment we are 2, I'm the dev and I have a close friend/partner working on design and marketing as much as possible.

If you don't mind I'd like to know what IPO was painful for you? I saw that the cleanwatercoin devs made a massive mistake and cost every IPO investor a lot of money. Or is it something else?

yup, that's water coin , i invested 0.9BTC there.now it's only 0.068.
due to the dev's rather slow response after there's issue. also opinionated fork by only dev themselves,still non-working win wallet even now. i quit. 
that's a real shit IPO! devs never be responsable for their IPO investers.

i suggust that you add more code devs in the team . only 1 is not enough, you can't take everything yourself ,  right?
If Quebecoin ends up like Isracoin ... I'll be a very happy guy.

Dat major pump. The ipo is really growing it seems, I said I'd put in another BTC after 10 were invested total but that came really quickly Tongue, I'll put in another after 20 BTC or something, shouldn't be too long now that people have seen the potential

Haha yeah it's growing really quickly, I'm really glad it seems like we are primed for a liftoff, investments have been growing in size too. No one can control the market but if we end up like Isracoin, a lot of investors will be happy but it will also create some bagholders amongst the buyers on the market. With a bit of luck we'll get a nice initial pump and then drop down to a steady realistic price. Here's the IPO so far, it really looks like we're gonna get some more bigger investments, especially as the end of the IPO comes closer.

Marinecoin is utterly terrible ... I mentioned the rumored connection to Isracoin as a warning. That said, it may be pure fud. It's hard to tell nowadays with so many trolls about. The marinecoin website looks like it was put together by a madman (and/or complete scam artist) with dreams of grandeur.

KingCoiny may also turn out to be okay, if they ever open their doors. Their screenshots of what their exchange will look like seem pretty decent. In my opinion they picked a horrible name for their exchange, but you may want to keep an eye on it.

As for the airdrop increasing a coin's price, I meant before the drop actually occurs. I am not even sure why it occurs, but for several coins their value went up as the drop approached... then of course fell to the ground after the drop (as logic would dictate).

Yeah Marinecoin seems pretty delusional to be honest. It looks like a randomly thrown together coin trying to justify its own existence afterwards. As for Isracoin comparisons, once the coin is released there is no way to control the market, but as I said above, hopefully we'll get a nice pump and get some attention while dropping down not too far back to a realistic price. I'll look into KingCoiny, never heard about it. And the airdrop might cause a little bump since it gathers media attention but it's never as big as the initial pump it seems.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
Marinecoin seems terrible to be honest, I think the dev believed that his coin should be above BTC on coinmarketcap... and about the exchanges, that's exactly right, some of them have no volume whatsoever so it's no use having them. I'd be very happy with Bittrex as the first and then Busoni adding us after on Poloniex would be great, we'd have two quality exchanges right away. edit: the airdrop usually causes a drop, not a rise in price and QBC has a delayed airdrop so we won't be facing that problem in the immediate future

Marinecoin is utterly terrible ... I mentioned the rumored connection to Isracoin as a warning. That said, it may be pure fud. It's hard to tell nowadays with so many trolls about. The marinecoin website looks like it was put together by a madman (and/or complete scam artist) with dreams of grandeur.

KingCoiny may also turn out to be okay, if they ever open their doors. Their screenshots of what their exchange will look like seem pretty decent. In my opinion they picked a horrible name for their exchange, but you may want to keep an eye on it.

As for the airdrop increasing a coin's price, I meant before the drop actually occurs. I am not even sure why it occurs, but for several coins their value went up as the drop approached... then of course fell to the ground after the drop (as logic would dictate).
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
If Quebecoin ends up like Isracoin ... I'll be a very happy guy.

Dat major pump. The ipo is really growing it seems, I said I'd put in another BTC after 10 were invested total but that came really quickly Tongue, I'll put in another after 20 BTC or something, shouldn't be too long now that people have seen the potential

IPO table has been updated! Go take a look at www.qbc.io/ipo (mobile friendly too)

Québecoin (After 8 Days)

Current IPO status : 18 Investors own 210 000 QBC (100% of all IPO coins) - Total invested : 10.87338731
 BTC

22 Investments have been made by 18 investors. 1 Investor has contributed 3 times and 2 investors have contributed 2 times resulting in 22 transactions.

QBC Summary - Proof of Work : X11 - Difficulty Adjustment : Dark Gravity Wave -  Total Coins : 42 Million - Block reward : 26 QBC - Block time : 2.5 Minutes

IPO PRICE floor as of today : 5177 Satoshi = 1 QBC. Target price is between 0.0002 BTC and 0.0005 BTC after IPO (20k to 50k satoshi).

Everything depends on the markets, but we'll have a solid floor price, a production rate which won't let people dump massive amounts and we'll be rarer than most other coins for quite a while. Take a look at the first nation coin in a while which doesn't seem like a scam, Isracoin. People are going crazy for it as you can see on coinmarketcap. People still like the concept of nation-coins if they're properly executed and the people behind them aren't scammers like greececoin and others. I'm not guaranteeing prices long term, but 0.002 is a very fair target. QBC has the premine for the population of Québec which means that the market cap will be inflated quite a bit and will attract attention as well because of it, but in 90 days at 0.002, even with a 1000$ Bitcoin, our "real" market cap would be only around 3 Million USD$. That's why I think I'm being prudent in my price range by saying 0.002.

SORRY FOR THE WALL OF TEXT

Maybe I'm more conservative, but a valuation around .0005-.001 would seem about right to me. I think a lot of nation coins get a false lift due to the airdrop and fake marketcap.

I'm not sure if Isracoin is a scam or not, although I thought I saw someone mention the coin being linked to the makers of MarineCoin.  No idea if it's true or fud. If true... best to stay away from the coin.

And yeah, not so sure about those exchanges. I've tried a couple of the smaller ones (atomic trade, bittrex) and at least they seem like real exchanges (just with low volume). Not sure about the ones you mentioned. Sometimes the dinky exchanges have such low volume its pointless to even get a coin listed there. I like poloniex, as far as smallish exchanges go.

There's no way to know exactly, the odds are stacked in favor of 0.002 rather than 0.001 though all things considered if you ask me. Marinecoin seems terrible to be honest, I think the dev believed that his coin should be above BTC on coinmarketcap... and about the exchanges, that's exactly right, some of them have no volume whatsoever so it's no use having them. I'd be very happy with Bittrex as the first and then Busoni adding us after on Poloniex would be great, we'd have two quality exchanges right away. edit: the airdrop usually causes a drop, not a rise in price and QBC has a delayed airdrop so we won't be facing that problem in the immediate future

Now I've gotten two more big investments, it seems the whales are waking up after all as someone suggested they would. One is an additional investment (approx 0.43 BTC) from someone who had already put in a small amount. The other is the second biggest investment so far at 2.38 BTC, really happy about the numbers rising so quickly now, it looks like people are liking QBC and I've gotten nothing but positive comments in the past few days. As always, please be sure to post in this thread after you invested and I'm continuing to encourage all investors who've contacted me through e-mail and PM to post in here as well.

Thanks to everyone so far and I'll be updating the IPO page in just a few minutes!

Everything depends on the markets, but we'll have a solid floor price, a production rate which won't let people dump massive amounts and we'll be rarer than most other coins for quite a while. Take a look at the first nation coin in a while which doesn't seem like a scam, Isracoin. People are going crazy for it as you can see on coinmarketcap. People still like the concept of nation-coins if they're properly executed and the people behind them aren't scammers like greececoin and others. I'm not guaranteeing prices long term, but 0.002 is a very fair target. QBC has the premine for the population of Québec which means that the market cap will be inflated quite a bit and will attract attention as well because of it, but in 90 days at 0.002, even with a 1000$ Bitcoin, our "real" market cap would be only around 3 Million USD$. That's why I think I'm being prudent in my price range by saying 0.002.

Maybe I'm more conservative, but a valuation around .0005-.001 would seem about right to me. I think a lot of nation coins get a false lift due to the airdrop and fake marketcap.

I'm not sure if Isracoin is a scam or not, although I thought I saw someone mention the coin being linked to the makers of MarineCoin.  No idea if it's true or fud. If true... best to stay away from the coin.

And yeah, not so sure about those exchanges. I've tried a couple of the smaller ones (atomic trade, bittrex) and at least they seem like real exchanges (just with low volume). Not sure about the ones you mentioned. Sometimes the dinky exchanges have such low volume its pointless to even get a coin listed there. I like poloniex, as far as smallish exchanges go.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
If there's one thing I can agree with (as a holder of a lot of DRK) is that Darkcoin is really undervalued. I think 0.002 is a good target as well with that in mind and everything you explained. Short term hype will most likely bring it way above 0.002 anyways.

I see you've thought this through. Just a note: the danger point re. instability doesn't come from the second-tier exchanges adding QBC to their huge lineups. It comes when Cryptsy gets on board. There's almost a rite of passage: new alt gets listed, its price shoots up, the excitement fades, and the price goes on a long downward slide. I've seen it in the charts for several alts, not just Auroracoin.

As you know, exchange adds are iffy. But it would be a real sign if exchanges add QBC on their own without you being asked or even consulted...

If Cryptsy wants to add us I won't (wouldn't) stop them, it's because they'll want to get in on some volume. They've proven that they are secure and that's the most important. The price could possibly spike up a lot short term but there will be a better floor than any other nation-coin. Excitement will come and go for any altcoin but once it's faded for QBC and every investor and miner has made some money, the real purpose continues for Québec. The first investors and miners are a launch pad for any new crypto, after that I'll be able to continue with the main goal for QBC, adoption in Québec.

Yeah a few exchanges just wanted to add us right away but BITTREX has already proven they can handle some massive volume and they have a great interface. The other exchanges I'm not 100% sure on yet.

What other exchanges are interested in the coin besides Bittrex? I guess one simple rule of thumb you can use is, if it's dinkier than Bittrex, maybe pass. The exception being if it's a new exchange not open yet, but looks promising.

I have a question regarding valuation. I see you mentioning numbers like .002 per coin as a target. Something I've never quite gotten in crypto-land, perhaps since I am pretty new at this, is why mining rates seem to be mentioned as one of the primary reasons for a particular target. I get why it matters a lot, but it seems too often it's used as the main or only reason for a coin's price.

Air coin did that (and sort of fudged some things with their exchange financial model), which worked for like 2 weeks... then fell apart horribly. I guess I'm wondering why .002 is a target with 42 max coins, yet something like DarkCoin, with a max about half of that, is sitting at .0012ish? I'm not saying Quebecoin can't reach that target, especially short term with some hype... but just wondering if you are being overly optimistic there. The coin also won't get that price bounce before an airdrop, nor a fake market cap (still beats me why people invest based on the fake marketcap to begin with).

Europex , Xnigma and CCtrade - They are all "dinkier" than Bittrex, have less reputation so I'm currently reviewing them. I'd rather people not lose their coins on an uproven exchange, not saying that they are bad or anything.

The mining rate isn't the only thing determining price but if Vertcoin for example doubled their block reward tomorrow, would you still pay 1$/VTC, or since production rate has doubled, wouldn't you want to wait until it drops to a new lower equilibrium. The mining rate is related to the price in proportion to the time spent obtaining the coins versus their value and the value you get from mining other coins during the same timeframe as well. That's why websites like coinwarz exist. Usually it would indicate a gap between ease of mining and price, if enough people jump on it, the difficulty rises to reflect the price or the price drops to reflect difficulty after people start selling the coin in question. Depending on the popularity of the coin it could be one or the other or a mix.

I looked into Aircoin and they made some frivolous promises and failed to keep them. No one can guarantee a rising exchange rate, especially in the crypto world. Darkcoin on the other hand is way undervalued in my opinion. I've read through almost the entire Darkcoin thread here on bitcointalk and they've faced a few difficulties which can explain why their price is currently low. First of all a major part of the total supply was mined in the first 24 hours due to a block reward bug which means there are a few larger whales. After that two exchanges they were on were hacked which in turn led to major dumps of darkcoin which kept the price down and it hasn't recovered since. Once their main feature, Darksend, is out of beta, you can expect a big price rise.

In my opinion Vertcoin should in no way be priced higher than Darkcoin and yet it is. They haven't faced the same kind of problems though. Additionally Vertcoin produces way more daily coins that DRK which means they need a bigger influx of money to keep the price stable or rising. I think by the end of the year Darkcoin will be at a range of 0.005 or higher, with bitcoin having made some major progress price wise as well. For a 1000$ BTC you'd have a 5$ or more DRK (I wouldn't be surprised to see a 10$+ DRK either).

QBC will have no instamine on the other hand and in three months (90 days) time we'll have less than half of the coins of Darkcoin or Vertcoin in circulation. Approx 1.5 million including the IPO coins. I think Darkcoin with its great developer and new uniques features will definitely rise in price. The max number of coins currently doesn't really affect the prices, Vertcoin still has 84 million and with more than 2x daily production of Darkcoin.

What other exchanges are interested in the coin besides Bittrex? I guess one simple rule of thumb you can use is, if it's dinkier than Bittrex, maybe pass. The exception being if it's a new exchange not open yet, but looks promising.

I have a question regarding valuation. I see you mentioning numbers like .002 per coin as a target. Something I've never quite gotten in crypto-land, perhaps since I am pretty new at this, is why mining rates seem to be mentioned as one of the primary reasons for a particular target. I get why it matters a lot, but it seems too often it's used as the main or only reason for a coin's price.

Air coin did that (and sort of fudged some things with their exchange financial model), which worked for like 2 weeks... then fell apart horribly. I guess I'm wondering why .002 is a target with 42 max coins, yet something like DarkCoin, with a max about half of that, is sitting at .0012ish? I'm not saying Quebecoin can't reach that target, especially short term with some hype... but just wondering if you are being overly optimistic there. The coin also won't get that price bounce before an airdrop, nor a fake market cap (still beats me why people invest based on the fake marketcap to begin with).
Pages:
Jump to: