Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 104. (Read 107962 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 22
Good catch! I just tried to find contact info for the pool owner, to have him warned, but no luck   Shocked. I guess there is no point of mining with that pool after the fork unless pool gets upgraded to 1.1.
73 blocks to go  ...

Sorry how are you able to check it is the older version?

At the top of the wallet click Help and then click About ROIcoin Core

The very top line will give you the info you ask about such as this from my wallet:

ROIcoin Core version v1.1.0.000 (64-bit)

Sorry, what I meant was the pool, how did he/she know that the pool was running on the older version?

If you go to http://coinspool.cu.cc/info_roicoin and look at the center green column labeled Pool it displays the Daemon version as 1.0.2.7

This should mean the pool is not on the updated wallet but then again it is possible this is just optics and this info hasn't been updated yet and they could be running the new wallet. So far and as far as I know the pool operator has not responded to requests on this issue. The pool operator has done a good job thus far and I have no worries everything will be taken care of Cheesy

Pool is on block 25022 but wallet and block explorer is on block 25018. So I Think there could be a problem with the pool.

There is nothing wrong,
The block explorer uses a cronjob to update every few minutes , this is to reduce the load on the wallet daemon.
So it won't be exactly up to date to the second.

Are you sure? When you take a look here "http://coinspool.cu.cc/blocks_roicoin", you see that the pool has found all blocks since 25003. Very strange. Also when you take a look at the timestamp for block 25025 for example: explorer: 10:05 oh clock, pool 9:57 o clock.
Activity: 250
Merit: 100
Crypto Developer
Good catch! I just tried to find contact info for the pool owner, to have him warned, but no luck   Shocked. I guess there is no point of mining with that pool after the fork unless pool gets upgraded to 1.1.
73 blocks to go  ...

The very top line will give you the info you ask about such as this from my wallet:

Sorry, what I meant was the pool, how did he/she know that the pool was running on the older version?

If you go to http://coinspool.cu.cc/info_roicoin and look at the center green column labeled Pool it displays the Daemon version as 1.0.2.7

This should mean the pool is not on the updated wallet but then again it is possible this is just optics and this info hasn't been updated yet and they could be running the new wallet. So far and as far as I know the pool operator has not responded to requests on this issue. The pool operator has done a good job thus far and I have no worries everything will be taken care of Cheesy

Pool is on block 25022 but wallet and block explorer is on block 25018. So I Think there could be a problem with the pool.

There is nothing wrong,
The block explorer uses a cronjob to update every few minutes , this is to reduce the load on the wallet daemon.
So it won't be exactly up to date to the second.
Activity: 770
Merit: 264
Good catch! I just tried to find contact info for the pool owner, to have him warned, but no luck   Shocked. I guess there is no point of mining with that pool after the fork unless pool gets upgraded to 1.1.
73 blocks to go  ...

ic, thanks for the prompt reply. I've switched over to cluster mining for now just to be save, don't want to get banned.

Also how would your banning work if the pool owner doesn't upgrade to the new wallet? what happens to all those new shiny coins that were mined using the old version? Would the server blockchain automatically reject them? I'm curious how that mechanism works, if you are willing to share. Thanks!

So without getting overly technical let's just say the code in the new wallet is able to take a look and see the version of a node trying to connect to our network and it can decide that version is not the proper current version and then reject it. All of this is done automatically. So if a wallet is not upgraded at the time of this fork block 25000 then that wallet will not be able to connect to our network of nodes any longer. Banned, kicked off, evicted are some words that come to mind. The reason this is necessary is to prevent someone from gaming the system by running the previous version and taking advantage of the incorrect/inflated interest rates.

In terms of what happens to those shiny new coins. That is a bit of a situation to say. So picture this in your mind and get a visual: we had a blockchain running only one running mind you so picture this horizontal line.... then exactly at the fork - that horizontal line splits into 2 and now you have two parallel horizontal lines after the fork. You know essentially 2 parallel blockchains running side by side. They both exist and they both contain the same coins that existed prior to the fork.

Now going forward past that fork these 2 different parallel chains are not interchangeable. One chain can't send coins to the other chain and vise verse. They are literally two different animals. So past the fork coins mined on chain 1 are only good on chain 1. Coins mined on chain 2 are only good on chain 2. If you are on the old version after the fork and mine coins those coins will be rejected by the new version. But, both chains do exist and both chains do have coins and both chains can move forward and continue to live.

A great example of this was when Bitcoin forked into Bitcoin Cash. I had a bitcoin wallet running and I had a bitcoin cash wallet running before the fork. After the fork I got free coins. The same amount of bitcoins i had before the fork i then had in my bitcoin cash wallet after the fork. The coins doubled and the new free batch of coins is on the BitcoinCash fork. After this fork the same coins exist on both chains and yet the coins cannot pass back and forth but are stuck on one of the 2 chains.

If this is not clear let me know what questions you might have.
73 blocks to go  ...

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
73 blocks to go  ...

ic, thanks for the prompt reply. I've switched over to cluster mining for now just to be save, don't want to get banned.

Also how would your banning work if the pool owner doesn't upgrade to the new wallet? what happens to all those new shiny coins that were mined using the old version? Would the server blockchain automatically reject them? I'm curious how that mechanism works, if you are willing to share. Thanks!
73 blocks to go  ...

73 blocks to go  ...

73 blocks to go  ...

73 blocks to go  ...

About 25 blocks left to go and your dev team is ready!

EDIT: make that 15 blocks Cheesy

EDIT: make that 7 blocks Cheesy

EDIT: make that ... uh yep we are forked Cheesy

Smiley Congratulations to the dev team! They made a great job for the fork I think. My wallet is still working fine.

Yes testing on our end was good. We were able to mine up to and right through the fork without any noticeable change. POS and term deposits pre-fork look fine and post fork term deposits have tested and are the proper amount. As far as we can tell on this end this was one exceptional transition from pre to post fork!

Smiley Congratulations to the dev team! They made a great job for the fork I think. My wallet is still working fine.

Activity: 36
Cluster all updated and awaiting fork Smiley
I have sent the pool owner a message to.

Thank you very much. Only 34 blocks left until fork.  Cool Hope everything like cluster, pool or wallet will work without any problems.

Last chance to put overvalued term deposits for 1 year. 1000roi will become 22000roi

Thank you very much. Only 34 blocks left until fork.  Cool Hope everything like cluster, pool or wallet will work without any problems.
Activity: 391
Merit: 14
Activity: 125
Merit: 1
Maybe it's stupid question, but I have to ask. I am mining using new wallet and several other computers I'm on pool mining. Do I need to do anything (as it will be different chain) with wallet or pool mining (start/restart) Should I just leave it both to mine as usual, overnight?

As far I I know you should be fine. The fork should come and go without any interruption to your wallet or mining. The new wallet has been extensively pre-tested on testnet and we were unable to discover any flaws at all. Come 7 more hours we will know for sure!

2 min. per block  Wink Wink Wink

the pool owner needs to upgrade to v1.1 before the fork, otherwise found blocks will be on the wrong chain.
http://coinspool.cu.cc/info_roicoin still shows the old wallet version.

73 blocks to go  ...
Activity: 250
Merit: 100
Crypto Developer
Maybe it's stupid question, but I have to ask. I am mining using new wallet and several other computers I'm on pool mining. Do I need to do anything (as it will be different chain) with wallet or pool mining (start/restart) Should I just leave it both to mine as usual, overnight?

As far I I know you should be fine. The fork should come and go without any interruption to your wallet or mining. The new wallet has been extensively pre-tested on testnet and we were unable to discover any flaws at all. Come 7 more hours we will know for sure!

the pool owner needs to upgrade to v1.1 before the fork, otherwise found blocks will be on the wrong chain.
http://coinspool.cu.cc/info_roicoin still shows the old wallet version.
Activity: 160
Merit: 10
Hello World!

Just a couple of quick announcements:

Roughly 188 more blocks until the fork which is more or less another 8 hours. We are hoping for the most boring uneventful fork in the history of altcoins. You should be able to download the new wallet before the fork and mine, stake, term deposit, whatever right up until the fork and past the fork and really never even know the fork happened! We are aiming for little to zero interruption to the community on the fork. If you have not loaded the new wallet after the fork any coins you mine, POS or term deposit will be on the wrong chain and we do not advise doing this.

The CSS changes are nearly done at the website and the website rework is on the roadmap for 1st quarter 2018. You can take a peek and see it here: https://roi-coin.com Once the CSS changes are done I can begin working on doing a big dress up on the landing pages for the about, wallet and FAQ. Once the full size site is done it should only take a few more days to get the mobile site dialed in.

I am very close to having the first draft done on the white paper and we are on target to meet our roadmap goal of having it done and released 4th quarter 2017.

If you follow the coin closely you already know we were at .02+ USD today and I expect to see much better valuation than this. Once we get past the fork and are stable a large paid marketing push will get underway at Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, Bing and of course some display ads as well. If you are holding the coin hold long because it will pay off. If you don't have this coin yet you better get some as quick as you can so you can capture the boost that will occur after the fork. For those of you who do hold the coin keep in mind that if you want to get maximum ROI on term deposits be sure to make them before the fork. Once we fork the term deposits will be greatly reduced.

If you haven't checked out the new block explorer you should. It is very nice and has some cool features that you will like. You can find it at https://roi-coin-blockexplorer.roi-coin.com

Update on the online paper wallet. It is currently being worked on and we anticipate it being ready within 2 weeks and well ahead of the roadmap schedule. With the online paper wallet you can create term deposit coins and store them offline and still gain 100% of the term deposit payout!

Last but not least, the dev team will be online before during and after the fork just to make sure everything goes smooth so if you have any questions or concerns please let us know...

This site can’t be reached
roi-coin-blockexplorer.roi-coin.com took too long to respond.

Grin Grin Grin

Good catch and my bad: I put https:// and it has to be http:// I fixed the link in the tread so it should be okay now and please let me know if you have any more problems with it Cheesy

If you don't mind could you please edit your tread and edit the quote so your tread doesn't display a broken link: All you need to do is edit the link to the block explorer and remove the S so it is http://
Jump to: