Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 101. (Read 107962 times)

Activity: 263
Merit: 12
HODL! If it isn't a grudge...
I think the pool is still in trouble. I still do not get anything in my wallet after fork.
I have received ROI from the pool, post fork. So it seems to be working.

Please take note that your stats on the pool can be a bit confusing.

You can only see your stats while you are actually mining. Furthermore the 360 blocks confirmation time (12-16 hours of mining) creates a delay in your stats which can be confusing. Also the pool pays out 20 ROI per transfer(sometimes a bit more) so if you start mining now, it will take 12-16 hours before your stats even start counting any ROI. As soon as it reaches 20 it will then make a payout. And if you stop mining at this very point, it will keep paying out for another 12-16 hours. The time between payouts is then dependent on your hashrate and the difficulty at the time of mining.

The difficulty changes a lot during a day, so don't expect your payouts to be with the same time interval. It will change during a 24-hour period.

I hope this helped  Wink

This is an excellent explanation using plain non-technical words. I learned the same based on what happened after the fork. I am getting coins now too.

If I may, I would like to suggest to dev's and Elbandi to put this under FAQ section, for new miners.

You are very welcome to do that Smiley
Maybe the pool operator can explain it even better. But I guess the main point to understand is that the stats represent your current hashrate, or more like an estimate. While earnings have a delay of the current block confirmation time.
But of course, feel free to do with it what you want Smiley
Activity: 125
Merit: 1
I think the pool is still in trouble. I still do not get anything in my wallet after fork.

You can only see your stats while you are actually mining. Furthermore the 360 blocks confirmation time (12-16 hours of mining) creates a delay in your stats which can be confusing. Also the pool pays out 20 ROI per transfer(sometimes a bit more) so if you start mining now, it will take 12-16 hours before your stats even start counting any ROI. As soon as it reaches 20 it will then make a payout. And if you stop mining at this very point, it will keep paying out for another 12-16 hours. The time between payouts is then dependent on your hashrate and the difficulty at the time of mining.

The difficulty changes a lot during a day, so don't expect your payouts to be with the same time interval. It will change during a 24-hour period.

I hope this helped  Wink

This is an excellent explanation using plain non-technical words. I learned the same based on what happened after the fork. I am getting coins now too.

If I may, I would like to suggest to dev's and Elbandi to put this under FAQ section, for new miners.
Activity: 391
Merit: 14
where can i find some tutorial to install the linux wallet and get it mining?

You can find this info just go to https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin and scroll down and the first section begins with ROI Coin Ubuntu Compile Dependencies

You can also get Linux support from the dev team if you go over to our Slack channel at https://roicoin.slack.com/

Hi teddy_can you can find pre-compiled ubuntu version on https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/releases page.
you will need some pre-required libraries those are listed on the README page of our github repo.
If you have any trouble just join us on slack and i will gladly help you with it.

This is intresting. My server runs windows 2016 most of the time. But I do have linux on a diff disk. I would like to test this later in the week to see if I can get abit more speed Cheesy
Activity: 250
Merit: 100
Crypto Developer

You can find this info just go to https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin and scroll down and the first section begins with ROI Coin Ubuntu Compile Dependencies

You can also get Linux support from the dev team if you go over to our Slack channel at https://roicoin.slack.com/

Hi teddy_can you can find pre-compiled ubuntu version on https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/releases page.
you will need some pre-required libraries those are listed on the README page of our github repo.
If you have any trouble just join us on slack and i will gladly help you with it.
Activity: 263
Merit: 12
HODL! If it isn't a grudge...

I hope this helped  Wink
Activity: 770
Merit: 264

Activity: 154
Merit: 22
what is term deposit

Hi sumair! In the wallet you can lock your coins for some days, weeks, or months. When the coins are locked they earn interests (see the rates and examples in the first post), but you can not move the coins until the end of your term deposit.
OK , ty did u know about solo mining too ?
You can start solo mining in the wallet, or you can use cluster/pool mining as you see on first page. All coins you mine you can term deposit if you want.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Activity: 250
Crypto Developer
Hi all,

I would like to say thank you to elbandi and the raster for their hard work , patience and dedication.
Running/managing a pool is not easy , and I will do my best to support you guys technically.

Don't hesitate to submit bugs, enhancements or tech questions in our github issues section https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/issues
As we continue to improve our wallet / core code we will pickup good idea's along the way.

If you are a developer and want to contribute, we welcome pull requests against our development branch.
This is where we currently are working on the next version.

// Gary
Activity: 168
what is term deposit

Hi sumair! In the wallet you can lock your coins for some days, weeks, or months. When the coins are locked they earn interests (see the rates and examples in the first post), but you can not move the coins until the end of your term deposit.
OK , ty did u know about solo mining too ?
what is term deposit

Activity: 168
what is term deposit and how to mine from the windows wallet it is written 1gb required what is this ?
Activity: 13
A few quick announcements:

• The fork at block 25,000 is complete and if you have not done so you need to download and run the new wallet from https://roi-coin.com/roi-coin-downloads
  • The white paper is in progress and should be ready to meet the road map deadline
  • New ANN translations have been completed and added for Chinese, Romanian and Russian
  • The website appearance has been updated for branding, color palette and theme and you can view those changes at https://roi-coin.com
  • We have enhanced the new block explorer with SSL + multiple new and cool features which you can see at https://roi-coin-blockexplorer.roi-coin.com/
  • The online paper wallet is in progress and will be complete within a week or two
  • The community website is doing well and is now up to a login community of 276 users and growing
  • We have had multiple 5 star reviews from the community at Facebook and some favorable shares in large crypto communities
  • We are working hard to complete the listing at Yobit and are deciding on the next exchange we will go after
  • We are readying for a large paid marketing push and will launch this once we are 100% positive that the coin is fully stable post-fork
  • Last but not least we are overwhelmed and amazed at the community of this new coin and many thanks to each and every one of you!

Thank you for the update! It seems that the coin, the dev team and the community are on the right way. I'm looking forward to next year. Smiley
So that means now I have double the amount of ROI I have before fork? how to get it?

I don't recommend bothering with harvesting the coins because only the main chain will survive but if you want to you sure can.

All you have to do is keep a copy of your wallet.dat pre-fork and keep a node running on the pre-fork chain. This will preserve your pre-fork coins on the pre-fork chain.

You will also need a wallet.dat on the post fork node and it must stay on the post fork chain. This will maintain your post fork coins on the new chain if that makes sense.

Keep in mind we are not Bitcoin and the old chain will die a miserable and wretched grizzly horrific catastrophic morbid toxic eternal extinction-level-event death with no supporting seed nodes, community, development, website, tender loving care, etc., etc. Smiley
It's really hard to understand for me haha

Short form: Use only the new wallet with new blockchain because no one will support the "old version" anymore and so it will die.  Cool
Activity: 42
So that means now I have double the amount of ROI I have before fork? how to get it?

I don't recommend bothering with harvesting the coins because only the main chain will survive but if you want to you sure can.

All you have to do is keep a copy of your wallet.dat pre-fork and keep a node running on the pre-fork chain. This will preserve your pre-fork coins on the pre-fork chain.

You will also need a wallet.dat on the post fork node and it must stay on the post fork chain. This will maintain your post fork coins on the new chain if that makes sense.

Keep in mind we are not Bitcoin and the old chain will die a miserable and wretched grizzly horrific catastrophic morbid toxic eternal extinction-level-event death with no supporting seed nodes, community, development, website, tender loving care, etc., etc. Smiley
It's really hard to understand for me haha
Activity: 770
Merit: 264

Activity: 42
Good catch! I just tried to find contact info for the pool owner, to have him warned, but no luck   Shocked. I guess there is no point of mining with that pool after the fork unless pool gets upgraded to 1.1.
73 blocks to go  ...

Sorry how are you able to check it is the older version?

At the top of the wallet click Help and then click About ROIcoin Core

The very top line will give you the info you ask about such as this from my wallet:

ROIcoin Core version v1.1.0.000 (64-bit)

Sorry, what I meant was the pool, how did he/she know that the pool was running on the older version?

If you go to http://coinspool.cu.cc/info_roicoin and look at the center green column labeled Pool it displays the Daemon version as 1.0.2.7

This should mean the pool is not on the updated wallet but then again it is possible this is just optics and this info hasn't been updated yet and they could be running the new wallet. So far and as far as I know the pool operator has not responded to requests on this issue. The pool operator has done a good job thus far and I have no worries everything will be taken care of Cheesy

ic, thanks for the prompt reply. I've switched over to cluster mining for now just to be save, don't want to get banned.

Also how would your banning work if the pool owner doesn't upgrade to the new wallet? what happens to all those new shiny coins that were mined using the old version? Would the server blockchain automatically reject them? I'm curious how that mechanism works, if you are willing to share. Thanks!

So without getting overly technical let's just say the code in the new wallet is able to take a look and see the version of a node trying to connect to our network and it can decide that version is not the proper current version and then reject it. All of this is done automatically. So if a wallet is not upgraded at the time of this fork block 25000 then that wallet will not be able to connect to our network of nodes any longer. Banned, kicked off, evicted are some words that come to mind. The reason this is necessary is to prevent someone from gaming the system by running the previous version and taking advantage of the incorrect/inflated interest rates.

In terms of what happens to those shiny new coins. That is a bit of a situation to say. So picture this in your mind and get a visual: we had a blockchain running only one running mind you so picture this horizontal line.... then exactly at the fork - that horizontal line splits into 2 and now you have two parallel horizontal lines after the fork. You know essentially 2 parallel blockchains running side by side. They both exist and they both contain the same coins that existed prior to the fork.

Now going forward past that fork these 2 different parallel chains are not interchangeable. One chain can't send coins to the other chain and vise verse. They are literally two different animals. So past the fork coins mined on chain 1 are only good on chain 1. Coins mined on chain 2 are only good on chain 2. If you are on the old version after the fork and mine coins those coins will be rejected by the new version. But, both chains do exist and both chains do have coins and both chains can move forward and continue to live.

A great example of this was when Bitcoin forked into Bitcoin Cash. I had a bitcoin wallet running and I had a bitcoin cash wallet running before the fork. After the fork I got free coins. The same amount of bitcoins i had before the fork i then had in my bitcoin cash wallet after the fork. The coins doubled and the new free batch of coins is on the BitcoinCash fork. After this fork the same coins exist on both chains and yet the coins cannot pass back and forth but are stuck on one of the 2 chains.

If this is not clear let me know what questions you might have.
Activity: 125
Merit: 1
I am mining for 3 weeks now and I was getting 20 coins every 40-60 minutes. It was like that before and after the fork, all the way until 4:30 PM ET.

Did something change today afternoon with pool mining?

I took a screenshot of ROI workers and sorted by efficiency to compare number of coins in the last 20 minutes. Regardless if people were mining with 7 KH or 1 KH. they made no coins. It was never like that before.

The graph show that the pool was down from about 10:10 am to 11:50 am. maybe it that.

No, that outage was done by elbandi who's managing the pool. There was an issue with pool after the fork which he fixed and posted the explanation on previous page.

This seems to be a new issue.

Im also 2:20 hours without receiving coins.... 

I sent a message to Elbandi and he replied back to me:

"Mined block confirm is 360, that's 12-16 hours. You need to wait longer as other coins.

Elbandi"

I checked, and actually there is a Warning on that matter on http://coinspool.cu.cc/info_roicoin

I guess something has changed.

Activity: 160
Merit: 10
Hello World!
I am mining for 3 weeks now and I was getting 20 coins every 40-60 minutes. It was like that before and after the fork, all the way until 4:30 PM ET.

Did something change today afternoon with pool mining?

I took a screenshot of ROI workers and sorted by efficiency to compare number of coins in the last 20 minutes. Regardless if people were mining with 7 KH or 1 KH. they made no coins. It was never like that before.

The graph show that the pool was down from about 10:10 am to 11:50 am. maybe it that.

No, that outage was done by elbandi who's managing the pool. There was an issue with pool after the fork which he fixed and posted the explanation on previous page.

This seems to be a new issue.

Im also 2:20 hours without receiving coins.... 
Pages:
Jump to: