Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 103. (Read 107962 times)

Activity: 525
Merit: 531
quick note: i stopped the pool, because it went to a fork.

and something is wrong, because i cannot resync the blockchain, i got error for a valid blocks, i dunno why.

I appreciate you tending to this matter with the pool!

What error are you getting?

Anything that sticks out in the debug.log?

Also, you are welcome to collaborate with the entire DEV team at slack in real time to get this resolved as quickly as possible: https://roicoin.slack.com/
magic:
2017-12-18 15:54:12 GetInterest: chainHeight: 25107 lockHeight: 25108 principal: 658937511102 interest: 599999999999999999 pos: 599999999999999999 deposit: 0 matureblock: -1
2017-12-18 15:54:12 GetInterest: chainHeight: 25107 lockHeight: 25108 principal: 658937511102 interest: 599999999999999999 pos: 599999999999999999 deposit: 0 matureblock: -1
2017-12-18 14:59:06 ERROR: ConnectBlock(): coinbase pays too much (actual=12000026295 vs limit=-8247046041092357871)
2017-12-18 14:59:06 Misbehaving: 52.211.179.241:3377 (0 -> 100) BAN THRESHOLD EXCEEDED
2017-12-18 14:59:06 InvalidChainFound: invalid block=000002de5d8936b2d20e57afff2a751eb4b688c370bff0f79f6d28c16853971d  height=25108  log2_work=38.786675  date=2017-12-18 14:59:00
2017-12-18 14:59:06 InvalidChainFound:  current best=000001238bc5ca1da36953a946b5be09763bbcaa2280cbff19ece5513f21f378  height=25107  log2_work=38.786658  date=2017-12-18 14:43:04
2017-12-18 14:59:06 ERROR: ConnectTip(): ConnectBlock 000002de5d8936b2d20e57afff2a751eb4b688c370bff0f79f6d28c16853971d failed
2017-12-18 14:59:06 InvalidChainFound: invalid block=000002de5d8936b2d20e57afff2a751eb4b688c370bff0f79f6d28c16853971d  height=25108  log2_work=38.786675  date=2017-12-18 14:59:00
2017-12-18 14:59:06 InvalidChainFound:  current best=000001238bc5ca1da36953a946b5be09763bbcaa2280cbff19ece5513f21f378  height=25107  log2_work=38.786658  date=2017-12-18 14:43:04

limit is always different, looks like a variable is uninitialized somewhere.

edit: found it:
https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/blob/master/src/primitives/transaction.cpp#L210-L221
the for loop doesnt make sense. result is always overwritten by new value. and if periods == 0, no loop running, so result variable is uninitialized.

Activity: 391
Merit: 14
Hi everybody!

Does anybody knows what happened to the coinspool?

The pool is being worked on for the update.... It should come back soon.
Activity: 53
Merit: 5
Hi everybody!

Does anybody knows what happened to the coinspool?
We have been digging into 2 reports of a transaction error and would like to provide the following details

This error may or may not occur when you send or term deposit coins and the snapshot below is what you will see when it happens:

If you experience this here is what you need to do:

• Backup your wallet.dat file
  • Run these flags from the startup icon target box -rescan -zapwallettxes=2

If you experience this error and do not understand the instructions above please let me know and I will make sure you get it taken care of quickly.

Humm I cant get my own wallet to sync with network now....

EDIT:

Connected now and downloading new block chain....

Deleated all,

New wallet and can not connect to anything to download block chain... "no block sorce"
Activity: 770
Merit: 264
We have been digging into 2 reports of a transaction error and would like to provide the following details

This error may or may not occur when you send or term deposit coins and the snapshot below is what you will see when it happens:

If you experience this here is what you need to do:

• Backup your wallet.dat file
  • Run these flags from the startup icon target box -rescan -zapwallettxes=2

If you experience this error and do not understand the instructions above please let me know and I will make sure you get it taken care of quickly.

and something is wrong, because i cannot resync the blockchain, i got error for a valid blocks, i dunno why.

Also, you are welcome to collaborate with the entire DEV team at slack in real time to get this resolved as quickly as possible: https://roicoin.slack.com/

May more help for this in the PM I sent you. Has block hashs and so on.

Activity: 525
Merit: 531

can you give me an idea of howmany blocks one can mine with some sample hardware

Teddy,

Raster gave you an example and I would humbly add these thoughts:

In the crypto world patience matters. I have made a lot of profits because people dumped coins cheap that later became worth a lot of money.

The same thing applies to mining. If you start mining and stare at the screen and 1 hour later you're like wow nothing so far better try something else... I can tell you that you are on a difficult path to success.

Always remember that mining also hinges on a great deal of luck. Here I have more than 30 miners. Everything from i7 3770 all the way up to 6950X 10 core. Here is what is so astounding - 24 hours of mining right - 1 i7 3770 gets nothing at all and the miner sitting right next to it grabs 6 blocks! Why is this? And it will vary right so one day a miner gets 0-1 blocks the next day 4- blocks and so on. Some days I will see an i7 3770 get more blocks than a Ryzen 1800X!

Every time a block is released every mining node on the network is in a competitive race to get that block and only 1 miner wins that race. The thing is luck is also involved. When a block become available it is possible that a slower low hash miner will solve that block while a high hash miner fails to solve it.

This coin is designed for mass adoption, newbies and common people. We looked at GPU and ASICS coins and decided that the bar was too high for nearly most people. Who can afford to order Antminers? Who can afford to build GPU rigs with high dollar video cards that burn up quickly? We want any regular person with a PC to be able to click their mouse and obtain this coin via CPU mining and I think this is a wonderful goal.

What I can tell you is this. I can't tell you what an i7 3770 will mine because one day it gets 0 and another day it can grab 6 blocks. What I can tell you is that based on my mine here the lesser expensive computers mine less blocks over a period of a month however they also produce more ROI. A $400 i7 box actually makes a better return than a custom hand built 6950X box that cost over $3k. Sure the 6950X gets more blocks in a month but not enough more blocks to offset how much it costs, how much electricity is uses and how much heat it spits out.

I encourage you to mine this coin but in mining this coin be patient and give things time. Try solo mining for a bit and see how that does. Try the cluster and even the pool and see how those do. Once you have a firm grip based on experience then you are in a position to mine more effectively. Past that I will tell you this: This coin is going to be very heavily marketed and will gain in value. It also offers amazing gains from staking and also term deposit. What this means is that even a small quantity of mined coins can be multiplied and then when the value goes up you will see a very sweet profit. The name of the coin is ROI and this stands for Return On Investment. Rest assured we will do everything possible to make sure that this community does experience a return on investment for the effort and investment they place into this coin.
Activity: 125
Merit: 1
I think that pool just went down. I had all my miners down since last night (daemon version was wrong), and now when I wanted to start them up again, connection failed. Web site is down too.
can you give me an idea of howmany blocks one can mine with some sample hardware

That all comes down to how simple the hardware and how much simple hardware you have. My laptop has a 2 core i5 3mbL3. So not the best in the world and it gets around 160hs and finds around 1-2 blocks a day 4 on a good day.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
I think CoinsPool is finally updating the daemon, I'm getting 503 Service Unavailable when trying to check it. Hopefully it'll be back up soon?

Looks like the pool opp got it updated for the pool miners Cheesy
ok maybe telling you the hardware i have you would be able to give me a better clue on what to do.
i have
1 hp z620 with dual xeon 2680v2
1 hp z620 with dual xeon 2660v2
1 overkill pc single i9-7980xe
1 gaming pc 4790
1 media pc q6600
i have more xeons laying around my place

any advice?

Wow nice hardware you have! I can promise you I have had very good results solo mining straight from the wallet with just an i7 3770. i7 6700's, Ryzen 1800X and Intel 6950X have done even better. As mentioned before you have a lot of options from solo mining to cluster and pool. Consider experimenting and then decide... try solo then try cluster then try pool. Whichever does best then go with that!
ok maybe telling you the hardware i have you would be able to give me a better clue on what to do.
i have
1 hp z620 with dual xeon 2680v2
1 hp z620 with dual xeon 2660v2
1 overkill pc single i9-7980xe
1 gaming pc 4790
1 media pc q6600
i have more xeons laying around my place

any advice?
Activity: 154
Merit: 22
hey guys
i have some hardware at home that i can use to mine
what should i consider to choose between solo mining and pool mining?
why si every1 speaking of clusters?
thx a lot

Solo-Mining with usual hardware is no good idea in my opinion. It could take many days until you find a block and so it is perhaps very frustrating. If you mine on the pool you get coins continuously depending on the power (hashrate/shares) of your hardware. If you mine on cluster you try to find a block together with other poeple. But only one of the people will get the full 120 coins if cluster finds a block. So it is a little bit more type of luck how often you get the 120 coins. Try cluster and pool for a few days and then you can decide which is best solution for you.
Activity: 22
hey guys
thx a lot

There are 3 modes of mining for this coin,
1) solo
2) cluster (solo mining in a group)
3) pool (shared mining)

Recommended would be #2 or #3. Depending on your setup.
hey guys
thx a lot
Activity: 154
Merit: 22
So without getting overly technical let's just say the code in the new wallet is able to take a look and see the version of a node trying to connect to our network and it can decide that version is not the proper current version and then reject it. All of this is done automatically. So if a wallet is not upgraded at the time of this fork block 25000 then that wallet will not be able to connect to our network of nodes any longer. Banned, kicked off, evicted are some words that come to mind. The reason this is necessary is to prevent someone from gaming the system by running the previous version and taking advantage of the incorrect/inflated interest rates.

In terms of what happens to those shiny new coins. That is a bit of a situation to say. So picture this in your mind and get a visual: we had a blockchain running only one running mind you so picture this horizontal line.... then exactly at the fork - that horizontal line splits into 2 and now you have two parallel horizontal lines after the fork. You know essentially 2 parallel blockchains running side by side. They both exist and they both contain the same coins that existed prior to the fork.

Now going forward past that fork these 2 different parallel chains are not interchangeable. One chain can't send coins to the other chain and vise verse. They are literally two different animals. So past the fork coins mined on chain 1 are only good on chain 1. Coins mined on chain 2 are only good on chain 2. If you are on the old version after the fork and mine coins those coins will be rejected by the new version. But, both chains do exist and both chains do have coins and both chains can move forward and continue to live.

A great example of this was when Bitcoin forked into Bitcoin Cash. I had a bitcoin wallet running and I had a bitcoin cash wallet running before the fork. After the fork I got free coins. The same amount of bitcoins i had before the fork i then had in my bitcoin cash wallet after the fork. The coins doubled and the new free batch of coins is on the BitcoinCash fork. After this fork the same coins exist on both chains and yet the coins cannot pass back and forth but are stuck on one of the 2 chains.

If this is not clear let me know what questions you might have.

So if i'm one of these 80 odd people still connected to the pool, and if the pool is using the old daemon which is generating the old version of the blockchain. What happens to those 80 odd people. All of them will get banned? Does this ban last forever, or would it be possible to revert back to a previous point, and resync back to the new blockchain?

If your wallet is up to date everything is fine for you and your coins in your wallet. But IF the pool really uses old version, the pool would not be able to send you coins (old version) to your wallet (new version).
Activity: 22
So without getting overly technical let's just say the code in the new wallet is able to take a look and see the version of a node trying to connect to our network and it can decide that version is not the proper current version and then reject it. All of this is done automatically. So if a wallet is not upgraded at the time of this fork block 25000 then that wallet will not be able to connect to our network of nodes any longer. Banned, kicked off, evicted are some words that come to mind. The reason this is necessary is to prevent someone from gaming the system by running the previous version and taking advantage of the incorrect/inflated interest rates.

In terms of what happens to those shiny new coins. That is a bit of a situation to say. So picture this in your mind and get a visual: we had a blockchain running only one running mind you so picture this horizontal line.... then exactly at the fork - that horizontal line splits into 2 and now you have two parallel horizontal lines after the fork. You know essentially 2 parallel blockchains running side by side. They both exist and they both contain the same coins that existed prior to the fork.

Now going forward past that fork these 2 different parallel chains are not interchangeable. One chain can't send coins to the other chain and vise verse. They are literally two different animals. So past the fork coins mined on chain 1 are only good on chain 1. Coins mined on chain 2 are only good on chain 2. If you are on the old version after the fork and mine coins those coins will be rejected by the new version. But, both chains do exist and both chains do have coins and both chains can move forward and continue to live.

A great example of this was when Bitcoin forked into Bitcoin Cash. I had a bitcoin wallet running and I had a bitcoin cash wallet running before the fork. After the fork I got free coins. The same amount of bitcoins i had before the fork i then had in my bitcoin cash wallet after the fork. The coins doubled and the new free batch of coins is on the BitcoinCash fork. After this fork the same coins exist on both chains and yet the coins cannot pass back and forth but are stuck on one of the 2 chains.

If this is not clear let me know what questions you might have.

So if i'm one of these 80 odd people still connected to the pool, and if the pool is using the old daemon which is generating the old version of the blockchain. What happens to those 80 odd people. All of them will get banned? Does this ban last forever, or would it be possible to revert back to a previous point, and resync back to the new blockchain?
Jump to: