Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 109. (Read 107962 times)

Activity: 871
Merit: 505
Founder of Incakoin
Thanks I’m on the newest version.. just wanted to make sure. Thank you.
Activity: 250
Merit: 100
Crypto Developer
Activity: 871
Merit: 505
Founder of Incakoin
what version is the latest client?
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
I have recently observed that there has been an accumulation of addresses like 45bd-----------------------  in the pool, whom  doesn´t match the look of casual ROI adresses – often with much hashpower.
These ones may contribute for the network, but the coins will never be received. Maybe a Pool Administrator should check who´s connecting with previously mentioned adresses and should disconnect this one.

I think there is simply unnecessary energy consumed.
Guru

I think the pool admin has no interest on disconnecting wrong addresses because he will receive all coins for himself which cannot be send to the real owner. Or am I wrong?

I think coins sent to the wrong adress are burned and could not be retrieved back ..?
Activity: 154
Merit: 22
I have a ryzen 1700 Cheesy dont know how much roi coin I can mine per day. anyone can calculator it ? thank you guys so much

Why don't you try pool mining for one day and then you will see the result. Cool

Your CPU has 8 cores, so I think it must be much more faster then my Xeon with 4 cores because you can activate more threads. At the moment I get ~400 coins a day, but this depends on the network hashrate. If you start mining and check your hashrate you can compare with my hashrate and calculate the coins you will get.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I have a ryzen 1700 Cheesy dont know how much roi coin I can mine per day. anyone can calculator it ? thank you guys so much
Crypto Developer
Too fully take advantage of optiminer's improvements you need a modern cpu that supports aes and avx2. For me on a E3-1240 i managed to double the hashrate with it. ( using 4 cores , on ubuntu 14.04 )
In your case using 2 cores yields more hash, the higher the combined hashrate the better. ( i assume you have an old  dual core cpu )
What hashrate do you get with your E3-1240 on linux and how do you make a benchmark? I use the same CPU with Win10 and when the miner is running it shows between 400H/s-500H/s in each "accepted" line. No feeling if this is good or bad rate for my CPU.  Cool

I get about 240 H/s with -t6 on the E3-1240L.

What cpu (exact modelnr.) are you on ?
Were you running linux native or as a VM on top of windows10
If it was as a VM using what virtualization technology ?
if you ran it as a VM did /proc/cpuinfo show the aes , avx and avx2 flags ?

I don't use linux. Only Win10 is running on my machine. Windows system information says: "Xeon E3-1240 v5 3,5Ghz". The miner is startet with 8 threads.

So yes E3-1240 v5 at 3.5GHz will be faster than E3-1240L v3 at 1.8GHz  ( totally different generation hardware )
Too fully take advantage of optiminer's improvements you need a modern cpu that supports aes and avx2. For me on a E3-1240 i managed to double the hashrate with it. ( using 4 cores , on ubuntu 14.04 )
In your case using 2 cores yields more hash, the higher the combined hashrate the better. ( i assume you have an old  dual core cpu )
What hashrate do you get with your E3-1240 on linux and how do you make a benchmark? I use the same CPU with Win10 and when the miner is running it shows between 400H/s-500H/s in each "accepted" line. No feeling if this is good or bad rate for my CPU.  Cool

I don't use linux. Only Win10 is running on my machine. Windows system information says: "Xeon E3-1240 v5 3,5Ghz". The miner is startet with 8 threads.
Crypto Developer

I have recently observed that there has been an accumulation of addresses like 45bd-----------------------  in the pool, whom  doesn´t match the look of casual ROI adresses – often with much hashpower.
These ones may contribute for the network, but the coins will never be received. Maybe a Pool Administrator should check who´s connecting with previously mentioned adresses and should disconnect this one.

Guru

I think the pool admin has no interest on disconnecting wrong addresses because he will receive all coins for himself which cannot be send to the real owner. Or am I wrong?
Crypto Developer

That error is from when I tried to compile it from Mac OSX 10.11 and 10.12 directly. For cross-compiling, I am trying from Ubuntu 16.04, but I know for sure that the OSX CURL libraries are configured incorrectly and will work on cross-compiling the next few days.

Also, on my Ubuntu Machine I find that with optiminer's hodlminer the hash rate is much lower than what I get from the wallet directly through optimineaes enabled. Normally I get 80 H/s, but with optiminer I get 55 H/s on one thread and 40 H/s and 30 H/s on two threads. Does anyone have any tips for improving optiminer's hash rate? Also, is it better to run the miner on multiple threads if the sum hash rate is higher than the single thread hash rate (say 30 and 40 H/s on two threads vs 55 H/s on one thread)?

Also yes, I know 80 h/s is low but it's just a casual laptop that I mine on in the night when my house is cold enough to cool the laptop (partially) and the global hashrate dips. I've actually found a block in on this machine in just two nights!

Crypto Developer

Thank you very much to the dev who really invest a lot in this coin!!!!

Sorry for the bad English
Guru

i noticed several ppl doing that, this one is an etherium address. probably misconfigured miner.
Did someone calculated when the hard fork will happen, I got between saturday night, sunday morning.

Yes you are very close on your estimate Cheesy

At the moment ~2400 blocks until 25000. We get round about 600 blocks each day, so the fork will be in ~4 day from now on. Depending on your timezone it will be between sunday evening and monday morning I think. So don't forget to term deposit your coins before the fork, with very high interest rates.  Cool Last chance...  Wink
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Has anyone else compiled optiminer on a mac?

Running configure returns

Code:
./configure: line 5624: syntax error near unexpected token `,'
./configure: line 5624: `LIBCURL_CHECK_CONFIG(, 7.15.2, ,'

I have seen this issue (https://github.com/OhGodAPet/hodlminer-wolf/issues/1), and followed the steps listed but it still did not produced the same error.

Curl and openssl are installed, running curl -V produces

Code:
curl 7.54.0 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.0) libcurl/7.54.0 SecureTransport zlib/1.2.8
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtsp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS IPv6 Largefile GSS-API Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz UnixSockets

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have spent many hours trying to get this package to compile, cross-compiling, modifying the script, etc. Perhaps I am missing the obvious solution.

If more information is needed, I would be more than happy to provide it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

MAC is a tricky critter.  Your error is definitely a library issue.  Have you checked all dependencies as well as have the SDKs on your local? Also, what version of Ubuntu are you using?  We have found that Ubuntu 14.04 is most favorable as the MAC versions have very strict gcc / libc dependencies.

If you are not on Ubuntu 14.04.  Get Oracle VMBox to build, much easier...  Keep us posted.

That error is from when I tried to compile it from Mac OSX 10.11 and 10.12 directly. For cross-compiling, I am trying from Ubuntu 16.04, but I know for sure that the OSX CURL libraries are configured incorrectly and will work on cross-compiling the next few days.

Also, on my Ubuntu Machine I find that with optiminer's hodlminer the hash rate is much lower than what I get from the wallet directly through optimineaes enabled. Normally I get 80 H/s, but with optiminer I get 55 H/s on one thread and 40 H/s and 30 H/s on two threads. Does anyone have any tips for improving optiminer's hash rate? Also, is it better to run the miner on multiple threads if the sum hash rate is higher than the single thread hash rate (say 30 and 40 H/s on two threads vs 55 H/s on one thread)?

Also yes, I know 80 h/s is low but it's just a casual laptop that I mine on in the night when my house is cold enough to cool the laptop (partially) and the global hashrate dips. I've actually found a block in on this machine in just two nights!
Activity: 263
Merit: 12
HODL! If it isn't a grudge...
Just discovered this and am keen to start mining. Reading through the thread (apologies, I havent read every page) it seems like cluster mining is the way to go at the moment. I have started mining and all seems to be working, but I just have a couple of questions:

1) Is there a way to output your hashrate with roiminer.exe?
2) I want to use 7 threads (So I can still do basic stuff on my pc) but if I set -t any higher than 4 it crashes, and the only alternative I can find so far is to take out -t all together so it uses all 8 threads. Does anyone else have this issue?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction  Smiley

what is your CPU?

For benchmarking
Code:
roiminer.exe --benchmark -q

Let it run for say 5 minutes. Then use a calculator or excel-like software to calculate average Khash/s. Hoping that helped  Smiley

And unless you understand the difference between cluster and pool mining. And for some reason believe that clusterring is your thing. I would personally suggest that you use the pool.
The pool will give you results that are consistent with your hashrate and the network difficulty at your time of mining. Good pooling or maybe good luck Wink

EDIT: Beware though that the pool will not show your results, or grant you any returns, before roughly 18 hours into mining.

I just have an i7 4790k. I might pool mine, havent looked at it here but I pool mine Verium and it put me off (mining fees and withdrawal fees) plus I saw a few people earlier in this thread saying they were getting much better returns cluster mining than they were in the pool. I've been cluster mining for 18 hours+ at the moment though and havent seen any returns; I'll give it another 12 hours or so and if I dont have anything I'll switch to pool mining.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the benchmark option, I'll run that once I stop cluster mining, but I'm scared to stop it in case I miss something  Wink
Well good luck on the cluster. Something tells me that you are going to need it Wink
I did a 24 hour test on coinspool yesterday with my i7-3770k (OC'ed to 4.6 Ghz) getting 430 Khash/s on average. I ended up receiving just shy of 500 ROI from that.
If you can do better on the cluster, then cluster is the right choice for you Smiley

EDIT: I meant Hash/s, not Khash/s. Sorry about that...
Activity: 770
Merit: 264
Did someone calculated when the hard fork will happen, I got between saturday night, sunday morning.

Yes you are very close on your estimate Cheesy

Activity: 160
Merit: 10
Hello World!
Activity: 4
I got a block after about 20 hours (so I know everything is working, which is a relief!) and it tells you your hashrate when you get the "accepted" message - mine reported 473H/s
Activity: 11

Thank you very much to the dev who really invest a lot in this coin!!!!

Sorry for the bad English
Guru

Jump to: