Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 110. (Read 107962 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 0
Just discovered this and am keen to start mining. Reading through the thread (apologies, I havent read every page) it seems like cluster mining is the way to go at the moment. I have started mining and all seems to be working, but I just have a couple of questions:

1) Is there a way to output your hashrate with roiminer.exe?
2) I want to use 7 threads (So I can still do basic stuff on my pc) but if I set -t any higher than 4 it crashes, and the only alternative I can find so far is to take out -t all together so it uses all 8 threads. Does anyone else have this issue?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction  Smiley

what is your CPU?

For benchmarking
Code:
roiminer.exe --benchmark -q

Let it run for say 5 minutes. Then use a calculator or excel-like software to calculate average Khash/s. Hoping that helped  Smiley

And unless you understand the difference between cluster and pool mining. And for some reason believe that clusterring is your thing. I would personally suggest that you use the pool.
The pool will give you results that are consistent with your hashrate and the network difficulty at your time of mining. Good pooling or maybe good luck Wink

EDIT: Beware though that the pool will not show your results, or grant you any returns, before roughly 18 hours into mining.

I just have an i7 4790k. I might pool mine, havent looked at it here but I pool mine Verium and it put me off (mining fees and withdrawal fees) plus I saw a few people earlier in this thread saying they were getting much better returns cluster mining than they were in the pool. I've been cluster mining for 18 hours+ at the moment though and havent seen any returns; I'll give it another 12 hours or so and if I dont have anything I'll switch to pool mining.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the benchmark option, I'll run that once I stop cluster mining, but I'm scared to stop it in case I miss something  Wink

I too have an i7 4790k. I mined on a pool for a month and now I have been doing cluster mining for couple of days and I hit atleast 1 or 2 blocks per day. 
Activity: 4
Just discovered this and am keen to start mining. Reading through the thread (apologies, I havent read every page) it seems like cluster mining is the way to go at the moment. I have started mining and all seems to be working, but I just have a couple of questions:

2) I want to use 7 threads (So I can still do basic stuff on my pc) but if I set -t any higher than 4 it crashes, and the only alternative I can find so far is to take out -t all together so it uses all 8 threads. Does anyone else have this issue?

what is your CPU?

For benchmarking
Code:

Let it run for say 5 minutes. Then use a calculator or excel-like software to calculate average Khash/s. Hoping that helped  Smiley

And unless you understand the difference between cluster and pool mining. And for some reason believe that clusterring is your thing. I would personally suggest that you use the pool.
The pool will give you results that are consistent with your hashrate and the network difficulty at your time of mining. Good pooling or maybe good luck Wink

EDIT: Beware though that the pool will not show your results, or grant you any returns, before roughly 18 hours into mining.

I just have an i7 4790k. I might pool mine, havent looked at it here but I pool mine Verium and it put me off (mining fees and withdrawal fees) plus I saw a few people earlier in this thread saying they were getting much better returns cluster mining than they were in the pool. I've been cluster mining for 18 hours+ at the moment though and havent seen any returns; I'll give it another 12 hours or so and if I dont have anything I'll switch to pool mining.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the benchmark option, I'll run that once I stop cluster mining, but I'm scared to stop it in case I miss something  Wink
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Has anyone else compiled optiminer on a mac?

Running configure returns

Code:
./configure: line 5624: syntax error near unexpected token `,'
./configure: line 5624: `LIBCURL_CHECK_CONFIG(, 7.15.2, ,'

I have seen this issue (https://github.com/OhGodAPet/hodlminer-wolf/issues/1), and followed the steps listed but it still did not produced the same error.

Curl and openssl are installed, running curl -V produces

Code:
curl 7.54.0 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.0) libcurl/7.54.0 SecureTransport zlib/1.2.8
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtsp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS IPv6 Largefile GSS-API Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz UnixSockets

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have spent many hours trying to get this package to compile, cross-compiling, modifying the script, etc. Perhaps I am missing the obvious solution.

If more information is needed, I would be more than happy to provide it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

MAC is a tricky critter.  Your error is definitely a library issue.  Have you checked all dependencies as well as have the SDKs on your local? Also, what version of Ubuntu are you using?  We have found that Ubuntu 14.04 is most favorable as the MAC versions have very strict gcc / libc dependencies.

If you are not on Ubuntu 14.04.  Get Oracle VMBox to build, much easier...  Keep us posted.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Friendly reminder - For anyone that uses an ROIcoin.conf file for "addnode="  Please update with the following IP addresses.

I will be taking down the old VPS nodes tomorrow - Thursday the 14th, by end of day.

These are 3rd party Nodes, by members of the community that have been generously supporting the net.  Thank you!  These are hard coded by DNS names in the new wallet as well, v1.1.0.0.

200.179.245.53  Brazil
153.213.96.231  Japan
194.67.193.64   Russia
52.211.179.241  Ireland
79.141.58.231   Russia

If I missed anyone, feel free to add on.

Thank you for being such a great community!  I really love the positive vibes in this thread, everyone helping each other out.  Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 264
Just so you know we have had numerous requests for a MAC wallet and have promised to provide one.

We have just finished up a binary for MAC but have had very little time to do extensive testing on it however the testing we have been able to do proved to show no issues at all.

Because of the above and to expedite the needs of the community we are officially releasing the MAC (Beta) version of the ROI Coin wallet and it is a beta so we would appreciate it very much if the MAC users in the community would download and run the beta wallet and then of course give us feedback if you discover any issues whatsoever. You are encouraged to report any issues at: https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/issues

You can download the MAC (Beta) wallet at the ROI Coin home site: https://roi-coin.com/roi-coin-downloads
You can download the MAC (Beta) wallet at GitHub: https://github.com/ROIcoin/ROIcoin/releases

Activity: 154
Merit: 22
the term deposit is a unique feature. hope this coin will be listed on on other exchanges.

In the next days a hardfork will be done on block 25000. After that the devs will try to add the coin to more exchanges. We will see when the coin will be listed.
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
This ROI coin has a unique concept, which is also unique, so it will certainly attract more people to invest in this coin.
Has anyone else compiled optiminer on a mac?

Running configure returns

Code:
./configure: line 5624: syntax error near unexpected token `,'
./configure: line 5624: `LIBCURL_CHECK_CONFIG(, 7.15.2, ,'

I have seen this issue (https://github.com/OhGodAPet/hodlminer-wolf/issues/1), and followed the steps listed but it still did not produced the same error.

Curl and openssl are installed, running curl -V produces

Code:
curl 7.54.0 (x86_64-apple-darwin16.0) libcurl/7.54.0 SecureTransport zlib/1.2.8
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3 pop3s rtsp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS IPv6 Largefile GSS-API Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz UnixSockets

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have spent many hours trying to get this package to compile, cross-compiling, modifying the script, etc. Perhaps I am missing the obvious solution.

If more information is needed, I would be more than happy to provide it. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Activity: 47
the term deposit is a unique feature. hope this coin will be listed on on other exchanges.
Activity: 263
Merit: 12
HODL! If it isn't a grudge...

what is your CPU?

For benchmarking
Code:

Hope someone can point me in the right direction  Smiley

Here is the first rough draft of the ROI Coin Roadmap.

You need to review it and suggest any changes for community discussions.

This is your coin so you definitely need to be fully involved in this road map.

ROI Coin Road Map 1st Draft

I'm trying to click on it and is not bringing me to any roadmap link.

We just released that roadmap graphic and it is up for discussion/review/adjustments. We haven't put together a complete landing page for it yet but can do that once we get the graphic finalized..
Any profit calculators out there? i just found this coin and installed wallet to start mining i have FX 8350 Octacore . I hit it with 3 core but only get 50hs seems low . how long to find a block at this rate roughly?

We haven't had time to put together a profit calculator yet. 50HS is really low and I seriously doubt you would have any luck solo mining with that...
Activity: 868
Merit: 279

I'm trying to click on it and is not bringing me to any roadmap link.
Activity: 157
Merit: 11
Any profit calculators out there? i just found this coin and installed wallet to start mining i have FX 8350 Octacore . I hit it with 3 core but only get 50hs seems low . how long to find a block at this rate roughly?
One of my term deposit has been showing this - Matured (Warning: this amount is no longer earning interest of any kind)

what do I do now ? How to bring the coins back to my main account so that I can deposit them again

thx

That warning means the term deposit has finished and so the coins are no longer getting any ROI.

You have to now move those coins and "reset" them.

Please go to top of wallet and click "Receive coins" tab and create a new address. You may want to label it something like "Reset Stake Coins 12-12-2017" so you can keep track of things in your wallet.

Now go back to top of wallet and click on "Settings" and then click on "Options"

Now click on "Display" and then find check box "Display coin control features (experts only) and check that box then click apply and click OK

Now back to top of wallet and click "Send Coins"

In the "Pay To: box paste the receive address you made for "Reset Stake Coins 12-12-2017" and then find and click the "Inputs" button

Scroll down and find this term deposit with the warning. Double check and make sure that it is the exact amount and is a perfect match. Check the little box on the left for that entry and click OK

Now look at the Amount: that is displayed and copy that amount.

Now enter that Amount in the Amount: box and click the Send button.

You have now created a new receive address, used coin control features to locate that completed term deposit, sent those coins to yourself, and reset them for staking.

Now when you go to top of wallet and click "Overview" check again and verify that the term deposit coins with the warning is now gone...

Each time a term deposit completes you will need to do this procedure to "reset" it.

Activity: 107
One of my term deposit has been showing this - Matured (Warning: this amount is no longer earning interest of any kind)

what do I do now ? How to bring the coins back to my main account so that I can deposit them again

thx
Activity: 391
Merit: 14
Well done devs this looks very impressive. I tend to only mine and stick with altcoins for a short time. You guys have hooked me on this coin big time. To the point I did the cluster and now am 100% happy to leave my rigs mining roi permanently.

So thankyou to all the team and miners that support this coin with me.
Activity: 29

Very nice! I think this is very usefull for new users if the can see the plan for 2018. I also like the design of the roadmap! What is the current state of the whitepaper?

The whitepaper is being worked on and will be done very soon and ahead on schedule.

Looking forward for the whitepaper release schedule.

Very nice! I think this is very usefull for new users if the can see the plan for 2018. I also like the design of the roadmap! What is the current state of the whitepaper?

The whitepaper is being worked on and will be done very soon and ahead on schedule.
Jump to: