Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ROI] ROI Coin | CPU Only Solo Mining Hybrid | 15% POS | 593% Term Deposit - page 16. (Read 107935 times)

Activity: 2506
Merit: 319
I tried mining with Ryzen 1600, after 9h my estimate is 100 coins per day...doesn't cover electricity
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
TheRaster is requesting for anyone that would be interested in trying to help test out the latest cluster...

hodlminer-avx2.exe -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://btccluster.hopto.org:5561 -u -p x -t 1
pause

I just tried it and the miners do connect, but I have no idea how to configure them. On windows I get approx. 10% accepted shares, on Linux it's below 5%, so completely useless. Are there updates for the hodlminer? What is the recommended way to mine with multiple instances?

(hodlminer and scripts are the exact same versions that worked perfectly on the old solo-cluster).

I have just been using the Orava2 Miner version and have been getting 90-100% efficiency when it comes to getting accepted shares pointing at the test cluster.

The only difference in my config is a few options that I enabled:

Use this for Windows:

hodlminer-avx2.exe -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://btccluster.hopto.org:5561 -u
-p x -D -P -t 1

Use this for Linux:

./hodlminer -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://btccluster.hopto.org:5561 -u
-p x -D -P -t 1

Ah well, I found the error. Apparently the single task is obligatory, that means you HAVE TO USE "-t 1". Everything else results in multiple solutions and errors.
So for the new solo cluster we have to (in the optimum case) run 1 instance for every CPU core? Does every instance need a different ROI address?

Furthermore I'm a bit confused about the hash rate. I know it's a test cluster, but the miner says "0.05 h/s" for every task. Is that normal? Under Windows it's a bit higher, but still ridiculously low.

Edit: Server seems to be down now, cannot establish connection.

Yes he brought down the server since he is analyzing logs since he got some helpful information, he said he would notify when it is brought back up.
Activity: 107
Really wonder that Is this still solo mineable or is everyone on pools now?

Solo mining is still possible but you need good hash rate and luck to hit blocks. Most of the people mine it through pool
Activity: 140
Merit: 11
I want to congratulate you for the Roi coin project.  An innovative currency. This human aspect that gave the coin makes us feel more dear to her. Roi coin is the currency of the present and is certainly in my future.
Activity: 84
Really wonder that Is this still solo mineable or is everyone on pools now?
Activity: 405
Merit: 3
TheRaster is requesting for anyone that would be interested in trying to help test out the latest cluster...

hodlminer-avx2.exe -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://btccluster.hopto.org:5561 -u -p x -t 1
pause

I just tried it and the miners do connect, but I have no idea how to configure them. On windows I get approx. 10% accepted shares, on Linux it's below 5%, so completely useless. Are there updates for the hodlminer? What is the recommended way to mine with multiple instances?

(hodlminer and scripts are the exact same versions that worked perfectly on the old solo-cluster).

I have just been using the Orava2 Miner version and have been getting 90-100% efficiency when it comes to getting accepted shares pointing at the test cluster.

Use this for Windows:

-p x -D -P -t 1

Use this for Linux:

-p x -D -P -t 1

Ah well, I found the error. Apparently the single task is obligatory, that means you HAVE TO USE "-t 1". Everything else results in multiple solutions and errors.
So for the new solo cluster we have to (in the optimum case) run 1 instance for every CPU core? Does every instance need a different ROI address?

Furthermore I'm a bit confused about the hash rate. I know it's a test cluster, but the miner says "0.05 h/s" for every task. Is that normal? Under Windows it's a bit higher, but still ridiculously low.

Edit: Server seems to be down now, cannot establish connection.

pause

Use this for Windows:

-p x -D -P -t 1

Use this for Linux:

-p x -D -P -t 1
Activity: 405
Merit: 3

pause

Anyone that is looking to start mining on either Windows/Linux can utilize this guide to get setup (Wallet/Miner).

Also be sure to join the ROIcoin discord where a lot of users are already:

https://discord.gg/bmheRZ

Here is the guide:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10y8I0AUlue87r1J6lJjCOhZaeTBrBLMW/view?usp=sharing
Activity: 770
Merit: 264

pause
Activity: 770
Merit: 264
The best way to keep track of ongoing work on ROI Coin is to follow the road map.

All tasks will be completed on or ahead of schedule Smiley

https://roi-coin.com/roi-coin-road-map/
Activity: 140
The fact that net hash and market prices are holding steady is a great thing.  There was some hanky panky by another group of coin holders that managed to push our price down, to match theirs.  But, that won't last, once the momentum starts up.

True. For me personally, coin stability is the best. Yes, coin growth is good even if the growth is very small. But a coin stable at some price for a long period of time is an indication of a good coin. Eg. If someone time deposit at some time, he will definitely benefit the 500% stake if the coin is stable and maintains its price after that year.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Hello Blue9999,

I appreciate your concerns completely...  As I mentioned, part of launching a coin, is getting the supply base growing.  By the time all those 12 month deposits start maturing, DF will be hitting the marketing hard.

We want to be able to blast more exchanges with a good amount of trading volume, to raise the market cap.  Market cap price has a lot to do with getting onto some of the more important exchanges.

The fact that net hash and market prices are holding steady is a great thing.  There was some hanky panky by another group of coin holders that managed to push our price down, to match theirs.  But, that won't last, once the momentum starts up.

If you have any questions just let me know...  I will be coming around more often to keep this forum active.  We don't want anyone to feel the devs are not involved.  Just everything is running solid, stable, and in good shape overall.  Which is great, for the long term, but means the devs are kind of left waiting too, as there is no code work to be done on the QT wallet.  Road Map projects are still on target.

Have a great afternoon.
Activity: 107
Hello Team ROI!  And yes, miners, stackers, depositors...  We are a team.

Sorry it has been so quiet.  Part of the reason being, ROI coin is in the early stages of organically growing its coin base, through each of you.  With only 174K on CryptoHub for sale, it is very clear that the majority has Term Deposits for any period of time up to 12 months.

To further grow the supply, i.e. gain enough eventual trading volume for larger exchanges, we kind of expect half to sell and half to Term Deposit again.  However you wish to proceed and your faith in the long term value of ROI, will likely dictate your actions at that time.

We assume most opted for the 12 month Term Deposit, since launch, to maximize returns. So, we are using this window of time to gauge 6 to 9 months out, that we will see the supply numbers reporting on the chain.  As we near that time, we will be engaging exchanges and preparing for more marketing pushes at that time, to expose new investors to ROI coin.

DF will be following up in a couple of months as the strategy is further refined to maximize value through marketing.  In the meantime, we are still adhering to the Road Map, usually achieving those goals ahead of time.  We will continue to meet each objective laid out on the Road Map, and will continue to be of service to the community.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reply here or reach us at: [email protected]

P.S.  As ROI and PWR coins have gained traction on their own merits, we fully expect to see some FUD popping in.  "Listen to everyone, trust nothing."  If you have a concern, reach out to us for comment.

Again, thank you very much for your time and being such a great community.  ROI coin has been riding strong and stable, thanks to your support.  Soon, the real fun begins.  Smiley

Everything is well and fine but there are certain things which seems kinda 'halted'

1) Total Network kh/s it is bouncing around 250-350 (not increasing)
2) Price it is bouncing around 30-70 satoshi (not increasing)
3) Twitter/facebook not many people joined (not increasing)

Don't take me wrong way I am a roi coin fan and support this coin and an early adopter but there isn't much growth happening as it should have

I hope you are right and waiting for this 'real fun' to begin hopefully "soon"
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Hello Team ROI!  And yes, miners, stackers, depositors...  We are a team.

Sorry it has been so quiet.  Part of the reason being, ROI coin is in the early stages of organically growing its coin base, through each of you.  With only 174K on CryptoHub for sale, it is very clear that the majority has Term Deposits for any period of time up to 12 months.

To further grow the supply, i.e. gain enough eventual trading volume for larger exchanges, we kind of expect half to sell and half to Term Deposit again.  However you wish to proceed and your faith in the long term value of ROI, will likely dictate your actions at that time.

We assume most opted for the 12 month Term Deposit, since launch, to maximize returns. So, we are using this window of time to gauge 6 to 9 months out, that we will see the supply numbers reporting on the chain.  As we near that time, we will be engaging exchanges and preparing for more marketing pushes at that time, to expose new investors to ROI coin.

DF will be following up in a couple of months as the strategy is further refined to maximize value through marketing.  In the meantime, we are still adhering to the Road Map, usually achieving those goals ahead of time.  We will continue to meet each objective laid out on the Road Map, and will continue to be of service to the community.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reply here or reach us at: [email protected]

P.S.  As ROI and PWR coins have gained traction on their own merits, we fully expect to see some FUD popping in.  "Listen to everyone, trust nothing."  If you have a concern, reach out to us for comment.

Again, thank you very much for your time and being such a great community.  ROI coin has been riding strong and stable, thanks to your support.  Soon, the real fun begins.  Smiley
Activity: 236
Merit: 11
The news is great that ROI will soon be on a bigger exchange. Well done, great project is worth waiting for.
Activity: 99
I suppose if the value of the coin is below or way below expense there may be a big coin dump but on the other hand if they are spending as much or more than the coin is worth they will be more likely to stake the coin and hold until it's worth more and profitable to sell it.

Any thoughts on this?  Undecided

That is true everybody is holding all there coins or deposited. The more they hold/deposit less coins will be circulated or traded and the value will drop.
I hope they will do something about it.

Don't worry about immediate gains, bud, this coins to hold for a year or two. get it, term-deposit it for a year, let it sit. as all of the high APR coins this one will fire its cannons in couple of years.  The first big pump will happen at least 1 year into the development of ROI, as annual terms deposits mature.
Activity: 36
I suppose if the value of the coin is below or way below expense there may be a big coin dump but on the other hand if they are spending as much or more than the coin is worth they will be more likely to stake the coin and hold until it's worth more and profitable to sell it.

Any thoughts on this?  Undecided

That is true everybody is holding all there coins or deposited. The more they hold/deposit less coins will be circulated or traded and the value will drop.
I hope they will do something about it.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
If the organizers realize their ideas the way they say, then this will be a very strong project. I wish success to the project team. I'm with you.
Pages:
Jump to: