Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][RVC] / RevoCoin / POS - POW / 10,000kh miner limit / LAUNCH 22-07 - page 94. (Read 133063 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Ok, ocminer work on him pool, what about maxminer ? And the third pool ?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
With fixed vardiff you can calculate how many shares you can accept for 10 mh/s in a short period of time. Above that if you reject the shares above these block-independent mini rounds, we will get a nice feedback on the ratio we might be overhashing.
Activity: 28
Are we getting closer to a launch? ok, was just checking back in  Cheesy

Yes we are getting closer but not ready yet for a hassle-free launch. I am really sorry for the delay.

Could you provide a timeframe? More like some hours or days?

I wish i could right now. The only thing i know is that OC and his team are working very hard on the limitation issues and a more or less ideal solution will be ready soon. I'll keep you posted.
legendary
Activity: 2198
only 10 MHs? a regular 4x280x rig already exceeds this limit at default core/mem settings. Please up the limit to 15 or 20 MHs
mine other coins with left over hash   Wink
Activity: 380
Merit: 100
Community Manager - Blockchain analyst

Yes we are getting closer but not ready yet for a hassle-free launch. I am really sorry for the delay.

Could you provide a timeframe? More like some hours or days?

IPO closed. All Participant will soon receive a final confirmation.

A little patience will reward you.

I did not receive my confirmation? Smiley

Did you send a message to maidak? I can't find it...

Me neither.  Must be forthcoming...

Check your inbox.

only 10 MHs? a regular 4x280x rig already exceeds this limit at default core/mem settings. Please up the limit to 15 or 20 MHs

That won't make a big difference. Just shut down one and save some extra energy.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Me neither.  Must be forthcoming...
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Skol!
Guys I got three Variants for Throttling to 10 MH/s:

1. Your miner gets banned for 1 min if you're hashing > 10 MH/s

2. You miner will only produce rejects/invalids if you're > 10 MH/s and you can submit valid shares again if your threshold is below 10 MH/s

3. You can mine with whatever speed you push but get only 10 MH/s paid out..

The 1st is the fairest, the 2nd puts the most stress on the servers (and you'd pay for invalids if you rent) and the 3rd is the easiest to implement..

option 1
Activity: 848
Merit: 500
- Avoid same mail registration more then once over pool(s)
- 1 worker (check! will 2 miners work on on 1 worker without problems)
- Do not limit by IP (what if i have 2 or more rigs in same network where some of them are not mine)
- Limit hashrate exactly like minerals - best proven way
- If possible stratums in EU, US. and other regions.
- Beer!
Activity: 868
Ok so i've been mining with resolution 3 for a few hours now (other X15 coin) and there is one big problem:

If lets say 10 miner push 10 MH/s we will find a block every 2 minutes .. which is okay.

If 10 miners push 10 MH/s but ONE miner pushes falsely 100 MH/s (and only gets 10 credited), "the rest" of 90 MH/s are still "processed" by the daemon thus we will find block much faster than before.

So I've got find a way to really discard that rest of 90 MH/s and don't let it come to the daemon.. Which is my problem right now..

I'll probably have to do a mixed thing between 1 & 3 and/or 2 & 3... So if a miner pushes 100 MH/s and does not go back to 10 MH/s within a reasonable time, to protect the network, he will be banned or all his shares will be rejected by the daemon.

As soon as this is fixed, we can start.. I'm testing both ways currently, lets see which one actually works.

If someone spike 10gh and find 10 blocks in 1 min , what happen to the block he found ?

He would only get paid for his share of 10mh/s but every other User would also get a Part of the blocks Which were then found "too fast"... 

It is like the one guy with 10 gh/s donates for the others....

Ok. Very good. I like this.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Ok so i've been mining with resolution 3 for a few hours now (other X15 coin) and there is one big problem:

If lets say 10 miner push 10 MH/s we will find a block every 2 minutes .. which is okay.

If 10 miners push 10 MH/s but ONE miner pushes falsely 100 MH/s (and only gets 10 credited), "the rest" of 90 MH/s are still "processed" by the daemon thus we will find block much faster than before.

So I've got find a way to really discard that rest of 90 MH/s and don't let it come to the daemon.. Which is my problem right now..

I'll probably have to do a mixed thing between 1 & 3 and/or 2 & 3... So if a miner pushes 100 MH/s and does not go back to 10 MH/s within a reasonable time, to protect the network, he will be banned or all his shares will be rejected by the daemon.

As soon as this is fixed, we can start.. I'm testing both ways currently, lets see which one actually works.

If someone spike 10gh and find 10 blocks in 1 min , what happen to the block he found ?

He would only get paid for his share of 10mh/s but every other User would also get a Part of the blocks Which were then found "too fast"... 

It is like the one guy with 10 gh/s donates for the others....
Activity: 868

Or maybe u can find out how mineral coin did this hash limit on pool.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.

You can't expect us to limit ourselves close to the 10 mh/s line, especially with fluctuations. I mean we really don't want to be banned for whatever amount for 10.1 mh/s and we don't want to mine at 7 mh/s just to be safe either.
Maybe you could set a fixed difficulty and only accept a calculated number of shares per minute or whatever preferably smaller intervals. If somene submits more shares have vardiff kick them until the end of that period where vardiff resets or just redirect the surplus shares to another x15 coin.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Way to go ocminer, you're the man!
Pages:
Jump to: