Pages:
Author

Topic: 【ANN】【RYO】【Cryptonight-GPU】 RyoCurrency - Privacy for everyone - page 15. (Read 38856 times)

dtr
Activity: 164
Merit: 0
Are you also running the Sumokoin wallet? 

No, I am not.
I leaved the wallet running for all night long and it's still at block #0. Something's obviously not working.
Activity: 23
For a couple of days I've been trying to restore wallet from seed phrase. I installed gui wallet and waited till it downloaded the whole blockchain. Now I paste seed and wait, wait, wait... The wallet doesn't seem to use cpu or disk, and after several hours of waiting it's still processing block #0.
Tried to close it and restart - no effect. Also tried lite wallet - and it's also stuck on block #0. What else can be done?

Are you also running the Sumokoin wallet?  I'm not sure this applies anymore, but they used to fight over the same port, causing the other to appear to hang during sync
dtr
Activity: 164
For a couple of days I've been trying to restore wallet from seed phrase. I installed gui wallet and waited till it downloaded the whole blockchain. Now I paste seed and wait, wait, wait... The wallet doesn't seem to use cpu or disk, and after several hours of waiting it's still processing block #0.
Tried to close it and restart - no effect. Also tried lite wallet - and it's also stuck on block #0. What else can be done?
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
Network hash: 3.13 Mh/s
More and more people are minging, Ryo.
Which is kinda strange, because a lot of miners check whattomine and Ryo was in the top, but not any more
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
Network hash: 3.13 Mh/s
More and more people are minging, Ryo.
Activity: 426
Merit: 11
Ryo (RYO)
Block time: 3m 56s
Last block: 164,119
Bl. reward:        41.99
Bl. reward 24h: 135.27

is it some glitch or ...Huh

http://joxi.ru/LmG0yXoTeD6aP2
Bytheway, are these updates mandatory?

Yep, there was a fork which occurred on block 161,500. It added the dev fund.
Ah. I am using the Lite wallet so I will update it.
copper member
Activity: 47

Yep, there was a fork which occurred on block 161,500. It added the dev fund.
Thanks for the heads up. This post is loud and clear  Cheesy

That's what I was going for  Wink
copper member

That's what I was going for  Wink
Just to gussy up Ryo's post on the GUI a tiny bit....

New Full GUI Wallet & LITE Wallet have been released.

This version includes binaries from RyoCurrency 0.3.0.0 'Pie Orbital' and fixes the bug where restoring from seed sometimes shows a zero balance in the GUI.  🤓

Activity: 63
Ryovolution Ep02 is out now!

The second episode of the Ryovolution podcast on upcoming features for Ryo-Currency, exchanges, market cap and the upcoming fork and Mosu's Riddles.

https://ryo-currency.com/ryovolution-podcast/ or https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDwM_K2U1qt1Zt53aRLq6Sg
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
Well, as far as I know, Monero has scheduled hardforks every six months. They are mostly important for the miners, I am not sure whether users really have to go along with every single one.

The basic idea is that you have a given schedule to follow. Miners know what to look for and you have the ability to push just about anything if needed.

I'm not sure whether Ryo said anything about adopting this mechanism, though.

This is correct, RyoCurrency hasn't committed to anything specific with regard to scheduled hardforks and as noted above will work to minimize the number of forks taking place but it should be understand that some of the more foundational technological improvements coming down the road to the P2P system under the hood could necessitate them as well.  Cool

This means it could be a good idea to have a regular hardfork schedule to ease users (mostly miners) in. I think I would do something like that if I knew that hardforks are necessary in the future. On the other hand, having a "hardfork" with no substantial change whatsoever serves as big colourful flags for lack of development Wink
copper member
It's good that the project is developing, but every fork is a signal about shortcomings. Ideally, forks should not be, or they should be very, very rare. I hope in the near future there will not be another fork)

Agreed, we would also prefer to minimize the frequency with which a fork is needed.   Though we knew that there would need to be some right out of the gate to sever the network ties with Sumo and as community debate finalized funding methodology.

Agree, it's a bit confusing for new users.

Understood, it should hopefully be minimal impact for non-miners, only needing to upgrade their Wallet.

Well, as far as I know, Monero has scheduled hardforks every six months. They are mostly important for the miners, I am not sure whether users really have to go along with every single one.

The basic idea is that you have a given schedule to follow. Miners know what to look for and you have the ability to push just about anything if needed.

This is correct, RyoCurrency hasn't committed to anything specific with regard to scheduled hardforks and as noted above will work to minimize the number of forks taking place but it should be understand that some of the more foundational technological improvements coming down the road to the P2P system under the hood could necessitate them as well.  Cool
copper member
Just to gussy up Ryo's post on the GUI a tiny bit....

New Full GUI Wallet & LITE Wallet have been released.

This version includes binaries from RyoCurrency 0.3.0.0 'Pie Orbital' and fixes the bug where restoring from seed sometimes shows a zero balance in the GUI.  🤓

copper member
Will the GUI wallet release soon follow in time for the stated fork?

Yup,  Grin
copper member
Activity: 195
Merit: 1
legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001
[Ryo Currency 'Pie Orbital' 0.3.0.0]

The fork will occur on block 161,500. It will add the dev fund [1].

Additionally:
  • Fee increase to add a per-ring member component. This will provide better protection from blockchain spam that we experienced.
  • More secure transaction semantics. This will provide network level protection from exploits like Monero double-tx-pubkey exploit.
  • Remove variable-fee RPC calls. Fee is fixed and can be calculated without ryod.
  • A lot of bugfixes.

Automatically updated blockchain download is available at:  https://download.ryo-currency.com/blockchain.raw

Changelog
  • fix wallet #44
  • Implement stricter tx semantics #46
  • fix get_approximate_blockchain_height #47
  • improve simplewallet rescan_bc #50
  • wallet rescan bug #54 #56
  • add dev funds #56 #62 #64
  • fix ryo units #58
  • remove time lock transactions #61
  • increase fee #63
  • fix linux docker container #67

sha256 checksums
7ffc3754cc9bb3d2077c4d7a2311a5d8b75ba5855a63610bf194513ccc2e37c2  ryo-linux-x64-0.3.0.0.tar.xz
e6366b029220561f5e00c4059f7178ff20e7947db340eba8d9d34aa4e6d98d68  ryo-macosx-x64-0.3.0.0.tar.xz
432c4c73f4be44dde21ee1d225a40bf350209d8483bc842d39314d75d9e3c839  ryo-win-x64-0.3.0.0.zip

Will the GUI wallet release soon follow in time for the stated fork?

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

It's good that the project is developing, but every fork is a signal about shortcomings. Ideally, forks should not be, or they should be very, very rare. I hope in the near future there will not be another fork)

Activity: 480
Merit: 106

Pages:
Jump to: