Pages:
Author

Topic: 【ANN】【RYO】【Cryptonight-GPU】 RyoCurrency - Privacy for everyone - page 19. (Read 38742 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 0
New RYO wallet after hardfork shows virus Win32/Emelent.B!cl  trojan

care to explain? wasn't here on old wallets.

after removing it the wallet wont open/start.

Why would trojan our own wallet, that we use? It's a false positive.

already re downloaded it and installed it 3 times, defender keeps removing it everytime. here look http://prntscr.com/k5nqlf

despite checking the rar file nothing is found, but on installation on the WIN64 installer defender removes it right away after installation.
Activity: 63

Why would trojan our own wallet, that we use? It's a false positive.

Activity: 191
Merit: 56
Activity: 10
Ha, guys did you see this?

Ryo official pool software was faulty since 7/7 in that sumokoin address miners would get "accepted shares" that internally were faulty, so for instance xmr-stak would report "shares accepted" but stats (and payout) on hashvault would report 0 hashrate.

Quite funny, and for some people quite angersome.
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
(…)

sh lol who came up with that idiotic idea when the wallets all can be hacked by text? there is no key file, there is memoric seed and ur password, all text, it can be randomly guessed by an AI and if this coin rises in value oh im sure there will be a ton of people doing that.

(…)

Writing stuff without understanding what it is you are writing about is dangerous, you know. It can make you look like an idiot. I suggest you learn how mnemonic seeds work (and probably public/private key cryptography as well) before commenting on them.
Fireice gets all the DevFee on XMR Stak miner used by millions of people, he can fund everyone here alone, dont be stupid.

got a question, why is memoric seed like Half the size on new RYO ? i made a new wallet and its like half the lenght than my Sumo wallet is, even when converting that wallet to RYO the seed is the same and its more protected.

you literally gave us less protection by shortening it, its made to be written down, any reason to make it smaller would be to memorize it yourself all to lack alot more security than it originally had.

sh lol who came up with that idiotic idea when the wallets all can be hacked by text? there is no key file, there is memoric seed and ur password, all text, it can be randomly guessed by an AI and if this coin rises in value oh im sure there will be a ton of people doing that.

so i told you a while ago, get a phyical file to determine wallet, like monero has a physical file and its cryptonight  so why cant you?

Activity: 994
Merit: 513
I gotta say, I kinda want a SMUO/RYO trading pair somewhere. Both coins together are pretty stable actually, but trading back and forth can make the skilled some nice dough...
Activity: 315
Merit: 8
1. what kind of devs or positions would you need to move forward.

2. what pay structure would you need to move it forward.

3. Can always add a donation tab into the send page of the gui wallet. ive seen that a lot, where a donations goes along with the transaction.

copper member
Activity: 47
[Community debate] - Let's talk about the development funding

Please keep in mind, this is a debate not a vote. Your opinion doesn't matter, your reasoning does.

Foreword
I really liked how our last debate format managed to let people who have the best interests of the coin at heart to voice their view while easily exposing those that did not, while still getting valuable feedback from them - [1]

Why do we need a dev fund?
So far we have 3 professional developers - mosu_forge, psychocrypt, and myself working on the project for free. However this is not sustainable in the long term. The ideas that we have for Ryo need a team of around 10 people to put into practice. In short, we need money to hire people. We also need funds for marketing, server costs, and many other things that have been so far paid out of our pockets.

Our ideas for Ryo
read the rest at the above link, and please post your feedback and reasoning to the Reddit thread, many thanks to all who contribute to the debate! 🙏
legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001
[1] Do you mean the current daemon in GUI 0.2.0.1?
Yes.

[2] I had them running for a few days in multiple machines but to no avail.
Ok, this isn't good.

[3] I have reloaded/restarted the GUI 0.2.0.1 wallets many times and they're the same as usual.
It seems like your database is tainted. I can't say for sure.

[4] How and when do I know that the IPs get banned?
If you use the GUI wallet, you won't see the daemon running and bannning.

[5] You lost me and I'm even more confused now.
Sorry, Visdude. I'm writing in between working on a few things and my train of thought is everywhere.

I have a proposition, that might help out.

Please import the blockchain, instructions are here. Before you do this, shutdown all running wallets on the workstation you will be doing this on, also, have your seed words prepared after the import.

This operation should help you, it's helped many people on Discord and some on Telegram.

I will be going offline soon, if you need more help, you can join the discord channel or telegram.

I think we misunderstood each other. On my posts, I specifically mentioned I'm running GUI 0.2.0.1. I found out just now that GUI 0.2.0.2 was released 07/06/18 but I didn't see any post about it on here since then unless I missed it. Anyway, I'm in the process of running it now. We'll see if it fixes it. I hope so. But based on the release note, "Re-introduced sync bar and percentage synced Percentage synced has been disabled", it seems it's really not a fix but a remedy to at least get the wallet to be functional and not be "syncing" indefinitely which was the same remedy in the earlier versions (GUI 0.1.X).

https://github.com/ryo-currency/ryo-gui-wallet/releases/tag/0.2.0.2

Yes.

Ok, this isn't good.

[3] I have reloaded/restarted the GUI 0.2.0.1 wallets many times and they're the same as usual.
It seems like your database is tainted. I can't say for sure.

If you use the GUI wallet, you won't see the daemon running and bannning.

Sorry, Visdude. I'm writing in between working on a few things and my train of thought is everywhere.

I have a proposition, that might help out.

Please import the blockchain, instructions are here. Before you do this, shutdown all running wallets on the workstation you will be doing this on, also, have your seed words prepared after the import.

This operation should help you, it's helped many people on Discord and some on Telegram.

I will be going offline soon, if you need more help, you can join the discord channel or telegram.
Thats why I just gave up. Too much BS for this coin just to get it running. I have never been able to send any money. Its a shame, because its a great coin. If I cant reimburse the simple electricity cost from mining it then out it goes unfortunately. I cant imagine im the only one with this issue.
legendary

Thoes are wrong, they see alien blockchains. If you wait a while, the daemon in 0.2.0.2 will ban them.

But wasn't that the point of 0.2.0.1 in conjunction with the hard fork though -- to fix the "alien blockchains" issue, hence the reimplementation of the top block number on the progress bar? Even though my wallet have reach the most current block height, it is useless in that I cannot make any transaction from it (grayed-out balance) because it is still "synching" indefinitely.

Anyhow, I'm glad that a fix is on its way and hopefully put this nagging issue behind us and move on. What's the timeframe of the release?

Well, that daemon is out. It bans rouge ip's at a random time, you need to wait them out. After IP's get banned, you can reload the daemon or wallet and it should sync more stable.

Thoes are wrong, they see alien blockchains. If you wait a while, the daemon in 0.2.0.2 will ban them.

But wasn't that the point of 0.2.0.1 in conjunction with the hard fork though -- to fix the "alien blockchains" issue, hence the reimplementation of the top block number on the progress bar? Even though my wallet have reach the most current block height, it is useless in that I cannot make any transaction from it (grayed-out balance) because it is still "synching" indefinitely.

Anyhow, I'm glad that a fix is on its way and hopefully put this nagging issue behind us and move on. What's the timeframe of the release?

Well, that daemon is out. It bans rouge ip's at a random time, you need to wait them out. After IP's get banned, you can reload the daemon or wallet and it should sync more stable.
Activity: 840
Merit: 251
Destroyed fungibility through blacklisting won't happen to Bitcoin either even though it has been discussed in the past.
legendary

What's up homies?
I just want to start off by saying that I do not have any type of affiliation with RYO. The only affiliation I have is that I am currently mining RYO for about 3 weeks now and I have not had a single issue with anything. I have at the moment 51 miners on the coin. A mix of GPU rigs and blade servers. GPU and CPU mining with XMR-Stak and XMRIG. I was able to restore my old wallet from SUMO to RYO without a problem. I'm able to transfer coins from wallet to tradeogre with no problem. If anyone has any issues I suggest you download Telegram and connect to https://t.me/ryocurrency - Fireice_uk and mosu are both very active and will help you out with any issues. I've been mining for a couple years now and this project looks legit. Some of the problems I'm seeing a lot of people complaining about is "user-error" you guys need to check your setup and try again. You can also contact me if you're having a problem - I'd be more than happy to assist you.

What have your amazing 51 miners and your couple of years in mining experience got to do with the user issues on here? Why is that even a qualifier? You must be a psychic to be certain that these are "user-error". If you want to put it that way, then I have mined with more hash power than you and have been at it at least 3 times longer than you have, yet I don't pretend to be a psychic when it comes to wallet issues and the like.

Well, I'll make it a lot easier for you and enumerate this simple scenario and tell me specifically my "user-error" and grace us with your psychic abilities that is reinforced by your 51 miners and your couple of years in mining experience:

[1] restored wallet in RyoGUIWallet-v0.2.0.1 with seed (numerous attempts in different machines)

[2] wallets sync

[3] I get the following (just a couple of samples of many):

https://s22.postimg.cc/bwb86t10h/topblock.jpg

https://s15.postimg.cc/6dzx2uld7/topblock2.jpg

[4] so where specifically is my "user-error" on this one?

What is going on with the wallet? I have not been able to send any money out due to double spend problems (i dont even know how its happening). Yesterday it was crashing problem, the day before that was a wallet sync issue? I havnt had this many problems with any wallet before. Should I just give up on this coin? Once it hits the wallet i basically lose it. The GUI wallet sees all wallet file as corrupted and the other issues were via CLI. This is kind of annoying and not worth the trouble in the slightest. Plenty of other coins I wont mention dont cause this headache.

yep..

again

There is currently a 140 block backlog at that fee level. Is this okay?  (Y/Yes/N/No): y

Transaction 1/1:
Spending from address index 0
Sending 43.000000000.  The transaction fee is 0.011000000
Is this okay?  (Y/Yes/N/No): y
Error: transaction was rejected by daemon with status: Failed
Error: Reason: double spend
[wallet RYoLsg]: refresh
Starting refresh...
Refresh done, blocks received: 0

Error: transaction <8e1bd8f0b482a293c76af86eaaf47c9bba3d4adb285d4a2bd6a0cf68471ab536> was rejected by daemon with status: Failed
Error: Reason: double spend

Im over it. This coin has serious problems. I would love to push some hash towards your coin because I like it but what the heck is the point with these problems.
Pages:
Jump to: