Pages:
Author

Topic: 【ANN】【RYO】【Cryptonight-GPU】 RyoCurrency - Privacy for everyone - page 13. (Read 38851 times)

copper member
Activity: 195
Merit: 1
[UPDATE] Ryo Wallet Atom v1.0.2 available

Daemon version: 'Pie Orbital' 0.3.1.2
🔐 Ryo Wallet Atom 1.0.2 includes Ryo daemon 0.3.1.2 which adds DNSSEC updates and a stability fix to the previous release.
Download: https://github.com/ryo-currency/ryo-wallet/releases/tag/1.0.2
copper member
[UPDATE] 0.3.1.2 Ryo Currency 'Pie Orbital' Bugfix point release 2

✅ This release contains stability fixes to the previous point release.

⚙️Ryo binaries: Github

⚡️ Cryptopia wallets are available for deposit and withdrawals
Activity: 191
Merit: 56
What is happening with cryptopia wallet, will it get back online anytime soon? I sent some ryo there unaware that the wallet is down, now the GUI says that transaction is completed but it never reached the cryptopia. Will it show up once the wallet get back online?

Well unfortunately, you should not send anything if the PIA wallet in maintenance mode, You should check it first. Well if there is no problem with RYO wallet, off course after PIA maintenance, you will see your coin there.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
What is happening with cryptopia wallet, will it get back online anytime soon? I sent some ryo there unaware that the wallet is down, now the GUI says that transaction is completed but it never reached the cryptopia. Will it show up once the wallet get back online?
copper member
❗️ Ryo Currency 0.3.1.1 Bugfix Release

Notice: update is mandatory for all users.

The cryptonight community gets shocked by coin burn bug in the wallet implementation which allows to send unspendable coins.
Nearly at the same time a external code review shows another bug  in the widely used library epee which allows an attacker to execute code within the context of the daemon.

✅ Both critical bugs are closed with this release.

Ryo dev. team has notified exchanges of the new release and once updates are applied wallets can safely be open for deposit/withdrawal.

⚡️TradeOgre wallet - online.

Ryo Wallet - Atom is updated to use v 0.3.1.1 daemon. Link for download
https://github.com/ryo-currency/ryo-wallet/releases/tag/1.0.1

Binaries update:
https://github.com/ryo-currency/ryo-currency/releases/tag/0.3.1.1
copper member
~

We will post a status update about this in several days.
Reminding all you guys that the RYO team have intensively worked hard behind the scene in order to find bugs and fix current issues, which have been common occured recently with Cryptonote algorithm coins.
In the meantime, no need to fall in to panic sells.
today, RYO has been exchanged around 1.4 to 1.5 k satoshi.
actually 1650-1850 range at CT
Activity: 132
Merit: 12
My dream is to be a self-made billionaire
~

Reminding all you guys that the RYO team have intensively worked hard behind the scene in order to find bugs and fix current issues, which have been common occured recently with Cryptonote algorithm coins.
In the meantime, no need to fall in to panic sells.
today, RYO has been exchanged around 1.4 to 1.5 k satoshi.
Activity: 115
Status of the Cryptonote Coin Burning Bug and Ryo

Recently, an attack on Cryptonote based coins was outlined on Reddit which would allow a malicious user to send coins that are unspendable by the recipient. The primary target for this type of attack would be an exchange, where the attacker sends coins to the exchange wallet and is credited for them, but leaves the exchange unable to spend those coin. This attack does not allow an attacker to steal coins from a wallet, and has no clear way how the attacker would benefit.

The Ryo team has been investigating the flaw, and has set up a monitoring script to detect an attack. There have been no such attempts of this attack on Ryo, but we still advise exchanges to have their wallet offline for the time being.

Today, Monero published their postmortem of the attack. We would like to analyze the attack deeper instead of purely copying the Monero pull request to avoid further issues.

Appreciate the openness, and honesty! Sounds like a sensible plan, thank you!
copper member
Status of the Cryptonote Coin Burning Bug and Ryo

Recently, an attack on Cryptonote based coins was outlined on Reddit which would allow a malicious user to send coins that are unspendable by the recipient. The primary target for this type of attack would be an exchange, where the attacker sends coins to the exchange wallet and is credited for them, but leaves the exchange unable to spend those coin. This attack does not allow an attacker to steal coins from a wallet, and has no clear way how the attacker would benefit.

The Ryo team has been investigating the flaw, and has set up a monitoring script to detect an attack. There have been no such attempts of this attack on Ryo, but we still advise exchanges to have their wallet offline for the time being.

Today, Monero published their postmortem of the attack. We would like to analyze the attack deeper instead of purely copying the Monero pull request to avoid further issues.

copper member
Activity: 47
Activity: 24
Which version of RYO wallet I should use to store my coins if I decide to mine the RYO coin with my rigs?
Please give me your recommendation and links to download the given wallet of RYO.

GUI: https://github.com/ryo-currency/ryo-wallet/releases
CLI: https://github.com/ryo-currency/ryo-currency/releases
PAPER: https://ryo-currency.com/paper-wallet/

I would suggest the GUI.
I don't remember doing that nor do I do it as a habit/routine. I just learned from experience to run as admin first and foremost if a program bombs out in Windows before trying any other troubleshooting procedures.

Anyway, off the top of my head, the main item on my feature wish list that I enumerated earlier on this thread is the cold-view only/offline signing wallet feature to further secure funds. Also, please bring back "dark theme" (hopefully in the next point release); much easier on the old eyes. Smiley

Edit:

BTW, Atom looks great! Detailed syncing percentages info at the bottom is a very nice touch.

Noob question: what is a "kurz" address?

Dark theme is definitely coming back, I just didn't have time to implement it for the first release, and wanted to not delay the wallet. I will check back on the list earlier on the thread. View-only wallets is definitely something I want to do.

Kurz addresses are a special address where your view key == spendkey. Thus, you cannot create a view only wallet for it, but your address is shorter (55 characters as opposed to 99). Try generating one here: https://ryo-currency.com/paper-wallet/
legendary
Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001
It's not that I purposely ran it as admin. I ran ryod.exe manually per your suggestion (presumably to test/troubleshoot my issue) but as I stated earlier, it bombs out. So I tried running it as admin just to see what happens and that seems to solve my issue. It doesn't bother me at all. I just turned on "Run as administrator" in Atom.exe's shortcut properties and everything is peachy. I have no idea why Windows would require admin permission on some apps and doesn't for others.

If I were to take a guess why this happens, the first time you ran Ryo (either ryod.exe or the old wallet) it was run as administrator, and thus the file permissions of C:\ProgramData\ryo are set to admin. I'll try to replicate that next time I'm building the wallet. Anyway, good to know that fixes it for you, and will keep that in mind if other users have issues with it.

I'm open to feed back with Atom, if you have any  Wink I know we talked earlier in this thread about features that could be added to the old GUI before we decided to scrap it.

I don't remember doing that nor do I do it as a habit/routine. I just learned from experience to run as admin first and foremost if a program bombs out in Windows before trying any other troubleshooting procedures.

Anyway, off the top of my head, the main item on my feature wish list that I enumerated earlier on this thread is the cold-view only/offline signing wallet feature to further secure funds. Also, please bring back "dark theme" (hopefully in the next point release); much easier on the old eyes. Smiley

Edit:

BTW, Atom looks great! Detailed syncing percentages info at the bottom is a very nice touch.

Noob question: what is a "kurz" address?

It's not that I purposely ran it as admin. I ran ryod.exe manually per your suggestion (presumably to test/troubleshoot my issue) but as I stated earlier, it bombs out. So I tried running it as admin just to see what happens and that seems to solve my issue. It doesn't bother me at all. I just turned on "Run as administrator" in Atom.exe's shortcut properties and everything is peachy. I have no idea why Windows would require admin permission on some apps and doesn't for others.

If I were to take a guess why this happens, the first time you ran Ryo (either ryod.exe or the old wallet) it was run as administrator, and thus the file permissions of C:\ProgramData\ryo are set to admin. I'll try to replicate that next time I'm building the wallet. Anyway, good to know that fixes it for you, and will keep that in mind if other users have issues with it.

I'm open to feed back with Atom, if you have any  Wink I know we talked earlier in this thread about features that could be added to the old GUI before we decided to scrap it.
Activity: 266
legendary
Thanks for the timely reply, mosu_forge.

Windows Firewall is off as I am using a different AV/firewall and there is no issue there. However, ryod seems to bomb out.

[img omitted]

Edit:

Never mind. I got it. It needs to be run as admin. Is it best practice to restore the wallet from seed in Atom instead of just importing the one from the prior version for proper registration of wallet file in the appropriate folder?

I have no idea why some people need to run ryod.exe as admin on windows, I never have. If it bothers you, I would check the directory permissions on C:\ProgramData\ryo.

[EDIT] You could also move C:\ProgramData\ryo to somewhere else since the new GUI has the option to select a location, if for some reason you can't change permissions in C:\ProgramData, but then make sure to use the --data-dir argument anytime you run ryod.exe manually if you do that. [/EDIT]

The best practice is to import the old wallet, using the import from legacy gui feature will be the easiest. The reason it is best to import instead of restoring from seed is that Atom utilizes more information from the wallet cache file than the old GUI wallet, so it shows things like who you sent funds to, which was never available in the old wallet, and will be lost if you restore from seed.

Windows Firewall is off as I am using a different AV/firewall and there is no issue there. However, ryod seems to bomb out.

[img omitted]

Edit:

Never mind. I got it. It needs to be run as admin. Is it best practice to restore the wallet from seed in Atom instead of just importing the one from the prior version for proper registration of wallet file in the appropriate folder?

I have no idea why some people need to run ryod.exe as admin on windows, I never have. If it bothers you, I would check the directory permissions on C:\ProgramData\ryo.

[EDIT] You could also move C:\ProgramData\ryo to somewhere else since the new GUI has the option to select a location, if for some reason you can't change permissions in C:\ProgramData, but then make sure to use the --data-dir argument anytime you run ryod.exe manually if you do that. [/EDIT]

The best practice is to import the old wallet, using the import from legacy gui feature will be the easiest. The reason it is best to import instead of restoring from seed is that Atom utilizes more information from the wallet cache file than the old GUI wallet, so it shows things like who you sent funds to, which was never available in the old wallet, and will be lost if you restore from seed.
legendary
I was excited about this release. Unfortunately, it's not working at my end. It seems to hang at "Starting daemon" with the pulsating globe icon. It doesn't even close properly at this point after clicking "X" on the upper right hand corner and then the "EXIT" confirmation; it just hangs at "Closing..." and "X" needs to be clicked again at this point before the window finally closes. Note that I have an existing and current database file at C:\ProgramData\ryo used with the prior RyoGUIWallet v0.3.0.0. Atom should have picked it up where it left off, right?

Hey visdude,

The values of -1 are normal, they just mean no limits imposed. Atom will pick up the old blockchain location.

As to why it is not starting, at that point Atom is trying to start the daemon and waiting for RPC to respond. Can you try running manually ryod.exe bundled with Atom (C:\Program Files\ryo\RyoWallet\resources\bin) or check if windows firewall is blocking it at all?

Edit:

I was excited about this release. Unfortunately, it's not working at my end. It seems to hang at "Starting daemon" with the pulsating globe icon. It doesn't even close properly at this point after clicking "X" on the upper right hand corner and then the "EXIT" confirmation; it just hangs at "Closing..." and "X" needs to be clicked again at this point before the window finally closes. Note that I have an existing and current database file at C:\ProgramData\ryo used with the prior RyoGUIWallet v0.3.0.0. Atom should have picked it up where it left off, right?

Hey visdude,

The values of -1 are normal, they just mean no limits imposed. Atom will pick up the old blockchain location.

As to why it is not starting, at that point Atom is trying to start the daemon and waiting for RPC to respond. Can you try running manually ryod.exe bundled with Atom (C:\Program Files\ryo\RyoWallet\resources\bin) or check if windows firewall is blocking it at all?
legendary
[Ryo Wallet 'Atom' 1.0.0-0.3.1.0]

Overview
  • Next Generation GUI Wallet for Ryo-currency
  • Current release: Atom v1.0.0
  • Daemon version: 'Pie Orbital' 0.3.1.0

Meet the first release of the new, Electron based, Ryo Wallet: Atom v1.0.0. Being the foundation for further development, this initial release already brings several improvements over previous GUI wallet.

This wallet merges the functionality of the Full and LITE wallet into one, and adds a third (default) option to use local + remote node. By default, this will allow you to get started right away, but still download the Ryo blockchain for 100% reliability and anonymity.

Contributors for this release
mosu-forge (gui wallet dev)
fireice-uk (core dev)
psychocrypt (core dev)

My wizard settings are all default except for "Local Daemon Only". The images below are screenshots of my settings which shows the default "Advanced Options" and that of the points at which it hangs at "Starting daemon" and "Closing...". Are the default "-1" values under Advance Options valid and normal? Is there something I somehow overlooked to not make it work as expected?

Pages:
Jump to: