Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC] - page 12. (Read 554375 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
Hi all,

today I opened again my klondike wallet after almost a year since I didn't open it, and it says "0 connections on the network" "no blocks available". I thought this alt coin had died a long time ago, but I just saw there is still some people working on it or interested?

So, is there anything I can do to rescue my klondikes and make it work again?

Thanks

Hey, mate  Smiley

Best bet is to try to sync your wallet to my pool.  Add the following line to you config, and you should start seeing connections:

Code:
addnode=criptoe.com

-Fuse
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi all,

today I opened again my klondike wallet after almost a year since I didn't open it, and it says "0 connections on the network" "no blocks available". I thought this alt coin had died a long time ago, but I just saw there is still some people working on it or interested?

So, is there anything I can do to rescue my klondikes and make it work again?

Thanks
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Hi  Fuse,

Any update? thanks!

A member of my team has created a mining simulator.  It essentially lets us test difficulty algorithms inside of an excel spreadsheet, adding jump pool hashrate based on difficulty entry and exit points.  The idea is based off the GOlang based simulator created by /Geert-Johan, the NLG dev.  While his sim was effectively the first in crypto, the Criptoe team needed something more familiar to our coding style and easier to use.  Here's a preview of what we're working with:

So the simulator is allowing us to write and test a custom algorithm, similar to DIGI, but with short term and long term retarget to smooth out block times and difficulty jumps.  Seeing the results that NLG had with Clevermining and it's DIGI implementation, which I pushed for over the last 5 months, I wanted to make sure we don't have the same mediocre results here.  Now don't get me wrong, DIGI is making it difficulty for CM to rape NLG like it did before, but it's also paying a toll on the block times and average blocks per day.  We are also looking at modifying the traditional algo and seeing what we can do with that.

While we're not expert developers, we've been around long enough to learn from our past experiences.  If we push an update to KDC, we want it to be solid.

So that's where we're at currently.  We could push an update tomorrow, but it wouldn't be great.  We want KDC to be great.

-Fuse

Great work! KDC will be great!
legendary
HODL for life.
Hi  Fuse,

Any update? thanks!

A member of my team has created a mining simulator.  It essentially lets us test difficulty algorithms inside of an excel spreadsheet, adding jump pool hashrate based on difficulty entry and exit points.  The idea is based off the GOlang based simulator created by /Geert-Johan, the NLG dev.  While his sim was effectively the first in crypto, the Criptoe team needed something more familiar to our coding style and easier to use.  Here's a preview of what we're working with:

So the simulator is allowing us to write and test a custom algorithm, similar to DIGI, but with short term and long term retarget to smooth out block times and difficulty jumps.  Seeing the results that NLG had with Clevermining and it's DIGI implementation, which I pushed for over the last 5 months, I wanted to make sure we don't have the same mediocre results here.  Now don't get me wrong, DIGI is making it difficulty for CM to rape NLG like it did before, but it's also paying a toll on the block times and average blocks per day.  We are also looking at modifying the traditional algo and seeing what we can do with that.

While we're not expert developers, we've been around long enough to learn from our past experiences.  If we push an update to KDC, we want it to be solid.

So that's where we're at currently.  We could push an update tomorrow, but it wouldn't be great.  We want KDC to be great.

-Fuse
Hi  Fuse,

Any update? thanks!
looking forward to KDC come back!
legendary
HODL for life.
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on what's going on.

Recently NLG switched to DIGI, and the code used is the same code I have written in the new KDC code that I was looking to release.  I wanted to see what was going to happen with the multipools that were hitting NLG, and I wanted to see how DIGI did.  So after about a week of observing, it's a mixed bag.  MPs are still pulling blocks, and the block times are all over the place.

So I've decided to rework the DIGI algo with my team.  We're going back to the drawing board and seeing what can be done to mitigate multipools while still keeping a traditional scrypt structure.  I've got a few ideas I want to discuss with them, and a few that they have brought up in the last week that we want to test.

So that's the scoop.  I just wanted to let everyone know.

-Fuse
legendary
Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000
Never compromise your standards!
So.........

KDC needs a relationship with gold. Whether being back by gold or being used to buy gold, like at Amagi or Agora metals.

https://agoracommodities.com/
https://www.amagimetals.com/

Both of these websites accept BTC for gold and other precious metals.

https://www.amagimetals.com/info/btc-as-legal-tender-in-california/

Read the title of the link!!!!!
Explains all, and is a step closer to full fledged US adoption.

erhmmm...... Fuse...... time to get these sites on par with KDC.

I'd love to get KDC accepted on Amagi or Agora, but I feel we have a long way to go.  We need to get people to participate in the discussion here first Smiley

Which brings me to another question.  Is it too late for KDC?  I'm ready to put some time into getting this running again, but is the community interested in bringing this back?

-Fuse

I think a lot of people are interested, just waiting to see what the developer is going to do. Many people gave up because the web site has been down for so long, and the forum has been virtually dead. I think KDC has potential, and you need some legitimate Gold connection.
I believe the next few months are going to be critical for a lot of coins. Time for consolidation.
legendary
HODL for life.
To find out if you are on the right chain is quite easy.

Buy a few KDC from Cryptsy and transfer them to your wallet. If you get them, you're on the right chain.

Or vice-versa, send cryptsy some KDC and see if they get it.

Also your "getinfo" on the wallet, should show this:

"version" : 80602,
    "protocolversion" : 70003,
    "walletversion" : 60000,

Protocol version is the most important.

As far as restarting KDC, a lot of people would come back to this coin, it left a soft spot in their heart when it didn't "pan out" [pun intended].

The thing I for-see though, is that how can new devs get control of the github? Or are you thinking of a community take over with hard fork?  If it is the latter, you'd have to find out what obstacles are in your way as far as getting Cryptsy or other exchanges to support it.

Have you tried contacting any of the previous devs or community leaders? I bet some of them have private email addresses to the original dev team and could help get you access to the official github.

Good luck.

If you read back, I was the one who set that protocol version when the devs forgot to  Wink

I have no interest in getting in control of the old github, or the accounts here for this thread.  When everything is said and done, we'll move the convo over to a fresh thread, and the github will be housed on my Github account, or a Criptoe Team account.

As far as the exchanges are concerned, it only takes a reference to this thread to validate the takeover.  Myself or my team will ping Cryptsy and others to notify them of the change.  Pretty standard fare for coin takeovers.

There were a few community members that I had spoke with in the past regarding the change, but they have not resurfaced since bringing everything up again.  We're just going to push forward with what we're doing and leave the old devs behind.  In my mind, they probably walked away with coin and don't want to have anything to do with KDC anyway.  More power to us, the people who want to make it work.

-Fuse
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
To find out if you are on the right chain is quite easy.

Buy a few KDC from Cryptsy and transfer them to your wallet. If you get them, you're on the right chain.

Or vice-versa, send cryptsy some KDC and see if they get it.

Also your "getinfo" on the wallet, should show this:

"version" : 80602,
    "protocolversion" : 70003,
    "walletversion" : 60000,

Protocol version is the most important.

As far as restarting KDC, a lot of people would come back to this coin, it left a soft spot in their heart when it didn't "pan out" [pun intended].

The thing I for-see though, is that how can new devs get control of the github? Or are you thinking of a community take over with hard fork?  If it is the latter, you'd have to find out what obstacles are in your way as far as getting Cryptsy or other exchanges to support it.

Have you tried contacting any of the previous devs or community leaders? I bet some of them have private email addresses to the original dev team and could help get you access to the official github.

Good luck.

legendary
HODL for life.
It was literally no blocks found - 0 accepted, 0 rejected. I switched the miner to another coin momentarily to confirm it was working.

My system has had no apparent problems finding blocks up to the 'freeze', nor after the network started moving again.

So your logs themselves didn't show block data?  That sounds like the mining on your end wasn't running properly then.  If it was submitting shares or block hashes for confirmation or rejection, you would have at least seen this in the debug.log file for the wallet, or the pool logs, if you set up logging.

The only other explanation would be that the wallet wasn't fully synced, but even then your pool software would have notified you or your miner would have shut down due to wallet connection errors.

Not exactly sure what else it could be at this point  Huh

-Fuse
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
It was literally no blocks found - 0 accepted, 0 rejected. I switched the miner to another coin momentarily to confirm it was working.

My system has had no apparent problems finding blocks up to the 'freeze', nor after the network started moving again.
legendary
HODL for life.
Is it just me, or is the network stuck? It's coming up to 3 days since the last block. I had 30MH/s on KDC for about 15 hours today, and it didn't find a block. Should have found several over that time period.

What are you syncing your wallet to?  Do you have Criptoe.com in your config as an addnode.  If you've spent 15 hours mining, regardless of the hashrate, you would have pulled every block that should have been found in that span of time.

The reason it has been 3 days since the last block is because I turned my miners off 3 days ago.

-Fuse

That's the point, even if I had forked away, a 30MH/s miner for 15 hours @3.3 difficulty should have found multiple blocks.

I doubt that you switching off your miner would stop the network. I run a private 50-80MH/s multipool which pokes KDC several times per day, and in this instance, I noticed the long time since the last block, and manually set some hashing power on it.

I'm connected to 107.170.142.25 (criptoe.com) and 21 other peers.

Block 412307 was finally solved earlier today, after nearly 3 1/2 days. Because of the large gap between blocks, difficulty immediately dropped to minimum; some lucky miner(s) would have made some quick and easy KDC.

My miner has found plenty of blocks since the freeze. (edit: although I didn't solve 412307, I see I'm one of those lucky miners. Wink )

I can assure you that until I switched my miner off, my miner was the sole miner on whatever chain I was on.  I'd turn them off and the wallet wouldn't update, saying the last block was the last one my miner found.  When I turned them back on, the chain would update.  I was finding close to the exact number of blocks that should be found in a day.

So I'm wondering now if you forked those 15 hours, regardless of the peers you were connected to.  It wouldn't be hard to cause a fork with the non-existant hashrate.  But you would have eventually written that 15 hours of mining into the chain, and the chain would have taken your fork.

But you're saying that you didn't find any blocks in that 15 hours.  I'm at a loss on that one, mate.  The only thing I could think was that the blocks were rejected.  Have you checked your debug.log file, or your multipool log file?  Either would provide explanation as to what happened during that time.

-Fuse
legendary
Is it just me, or is the network stuck? It's coming up to 3 days since the last block. I had 30MH/s on KDC for about 15 hours today, and it didn't find a block. Should have found several over that time period.

What are you syncing your wallet to?  Do you have Criptoe.com in your config as an addnode.  If you've spent 15 hours mining, regardless of the hashrate, you would have pulled every block that should have been found in that span of time.

The reason it has been 3 days since the last block is because I turned my miners off 3 days ago.

-Fuse

That's the point, even if I had forked away, a 30MH/s miner for 15 hours @3.3 difficulty should have found multiple blocks.

I doubt that you switching off your miner would stop the network. I run a private 50-80MH/s multipool which pokes KDC several times per day, and in this instance, I noticed the long time since the last block, and manually set some hashing power on it.

I'm connected to 107.170.142.25 (criptoe.com) and 21 other peers.

25-Jan-2015 03:22:30 height: 412300  difficulty: 0.05964668  tx: 1
25-Jan-2015 03:22:32 height: 412301  difficulty: 0.10737282  tx: 1
25-Jan-2015 03:22:33 height: 412302  difficulty: 0.19775793  tx: 1
25-Jan-2015 03:22:35 height: 412303  difficulty: 0.21350105  tx: 1
25-Jan-2015 03:22:36 height: 412304  difficulty: 0.31846344  tx: 1
25-Jan-2015 03:22:39 height: 412305  difficulty: 0.45474732  tx: 1
25-Jan-2015 03:22:40 height: 412306  difficulty: 1.12833801  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:46:48 height: 412307  difficulty: 3.36813906  tx: 1     *****
28-Jan-2015 14:47:00 height: 412308  difficulty: 0.00025198  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:47:07 height: 412309  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:47:13 height: 412310  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:47:19 height: 412311  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:47:25 height: 412312  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:47:32 height: 412313  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:47:38 height: 412314  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 2
28-Jan-2015 14:47:44 height: 412315  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 1
28-Jan-2015 14:47:50 height: 412316  difficulty: 0.00024414  tx: 1

Block 412307 was finally solved earlier today, after nearly 3 1/2 days. Because of the large gap between blocks, difficulty immediately dropped to minimum; some lucky miner(s) would have made some quick and easy KDC.

My miner has found plenty of blocks since the freeze. (edit: although I didn't solve 412307, I see I'm one of those lucky miners. Wink )
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
@halofirebtc
What's the story, morning glory?  Wink

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get a windows compile environment configured.  Who would have thought that the windows compile process would be such a pain in the ass?  I have been pretty busy the last week with work though, so it's been a slow going process.

I've been looking at people who offer compile/qt design services.  I might just bite the bullet and hire someone.  Some even offer custom wallet design, which may be a nice bonus.

Also, I'm still on the fence about the pre-mine, and I need to make a final decision before I push a final wallet build.

-Fuse

Yeah, I hear that about compiling a wallet. DIEM dev maybe able to help compile with you. He's a nice guy, and rescued CGA from major issues.

You can always push a new wallet through, and add a premine in another wallet later on. That's an option, too. The network is small enough for now that it won't be hard to get everyone on the same wallet. But this would be a great way to feel out the community and give you more time, while still providing the stability to attract steady mining.
legendary
HODL for life.

What are you syncing your wallet to?  Do you have Criptoe.com in your config as an addnode.  If you've spent 15 hours mining, regardless of the hashrate, you would have pulled every block that should have been found in that span of time.

-Fuse
legendary
legendary
HODL for life.
I see that the KDC reborn.  Roll Eyes  in a backup I have wallet.dat with coins.
i download :
klondikecoin-qt-V2-fixed.rar 8.2 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!ch5E0AIB!iJ5FVIHepDkW1y07_bglE855MoV5Zb0EOMgNZBDalfQ
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8690914
My question is whether this is the last functional version of wallet. ?I started to synchronize wallet from zero.   I have 8 network connections.
whether it is correct blokchain ?
for new development ,  my suggestion is  POS., and CPU minig, like CSD coin , or XMG coin....
sorry for my English .

That is the last functional compiled windows wallet.  The github repo was the last code change made by the old team, so the code can be compiled from there if needed.

As far as the coin specifics go, it will stay POW.  I may at some point look at moving over to the Digibyte codebase for multi-device mining, but it will never go CPU mining only.

-Fuse
Activity: 466
Merit: 250
I see that the KDC reborn.  Roll Eyes  in a backup I have wallet.dat with coins.
i download :
klondikecoin-qt-V2-fixed.rar 8.2 MB
https://mega.co.nz/#!ch5E0AIB!iJ5FVIHepDkW1y07_bglE855MoV5Zb0EOMgNZBDalfQ
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8690914
and conf
addnode=criptoe.com
addnode=217.146.78.88
addnode=199.103.61.149
addnode=5.9.73.53
addnode=66.172.33.47
addnode=162.243.6.127
addnode=37.187.9.53
addnode=188.226.176.232
addnode=203.20.114.252
addnode=50.46.227.59
addnode=162.243.47.14
addnode=204.11.237.73
addnode=94.23.241.56
addnode=54.90.115.191
addnode=188.165.194.96
addnode=192.99.148.34
addnode=107.170.142.25
addnode=50.149.31.242
/////////////////////////////////////////

My question is whether this is the last functional version of wallet. ?I started to synchronize wallet from zero.   I have 8 network connections.
whether it is correct blokchain ?
for new development ,  my suggestion is  POS., and CPU minig, like CSD coin , or XMG coin....
sorry for my English .
legendary
HODL for life.
What's the story, morning glory?  Wink

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get a windows compile environment configured.  Who would have thought that the windows compile process would be such a pain in the ass?  I have been pretty busy the last week with work though, so it's been a slow going process.

I've been looking at people who offer compile/qt design services.  I might just bite the bullet and hire someone.  Some even offer custom wallet design, which may be a nice bonus.

Also, I'm still on the fence about the pre-mine, and I need to make a final decision before I push a final wallet build.

-Fuse
Pages:
Jump to: