Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC] - page 7. (Read 554374 times)

legendary
Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000
Never compromise your standards!
Not sure what happened? When I looked yesterday the paid voting was finished and Klondike was #1.

Then I saw this?

Paid Voting
Last Winner: Aurum Coin(AU) - 46670 DOT votes
Next Vote: 5 Days 15 Hours 8 Minutes 10 Seconds

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Vote
legendary
In case no one else noticed, KDC came in #1 on the most recent voting round on Cryptopia!

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Vote

Activity: 636
Merit: 500
active node is server with wallet running?

how to see that server address and port or i just need ip address?
Activity: 519
Yes I was able to withdraw them. Submitted a ticket telling them what actives nodes were available so they didn't have an excuse that the chain wasn't working
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Listen... I've always been interested in this project.  That being said, if there was a purpose for this, then I'd be willing to spend a little time on this again.  But we need to be realists.  There are so many coins out there that are doing now what KDC did when it peaked.  Without a purpose, this is just another coin lost in time.  Find a purpose, and we'll come up with a plan.  Hell, maybe I can dig up my original plans for the revamp, and we can take another look at it.

-Fuse

Don't most coins have absolutely no purpose right now? I think this one at least has age going for it and a bit of nostalgia since I'm sure like me, many that started mining back in 2013-14 mined this coin for a while.

I'm still trying to see if I can recover my coins from bter, been processing for weeks and nothing

Did you ever get your coins out of bter? I have coins on bter and the same problem as you, my withdrawal's been "processing" for weeks.
legendary
Don't most coins have absolutely no purpose right now? I think this one at least has age going for it and a bit of nostalgia since I'm sure like me, many that started mining back in 2013-14 mined this coin for a while.

I'm still trying to see if I can recover my coins from bter, been processing for weeks and nothing

I don't know, I would say that the coins coming out now are trying to define themselves with true purpose.  KDC came out in a time when everyone was trying to be the king of their own altcoin and make a quick buck.  The purpose on a lot of those coins was to tie themselves to some kind of name.  Take things like tittiecoin and dogecoin for instance.  Doge found huge support, and through it, purpose.  As did some of the others.  That being said, though, look at the coins that came out around the same time as KDC.  If age was a bonus, these other coins would all have the same advantage, wouldn't they?

For me, KDC had a clear purpose when it was accepted for precious metals for that brief period.  That's a huge draw for a lot of independent finance types in the crypto world.  If that was a possibility again, I would say KDC would probably find its way back into the realm of usefulness.

-Fuse

I agree. I'm a big fan of SDC, which has many purposes. I like coins that are anonymous, and I like the coming decentralized market.

But I'm also a fan of metals. I see BTC as a new form of gold simply because of it's rarity. I believe KDC could hold that role again to a lesser degree. I think the day is coming where almost any alt-coin may be worth more than most fiat currency. I see another banking crisis in our near future. With negative interest rates on cash, and ever increasing debt around the world, alt-coins could see a major surge in value since they are finite in number, and have superior security and portability. There are many reasons I believe KDC could regain it's position as a store of value. I would like to see us implement a step by step process of moving forward. 
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.

I don't know, I would say that the coins coming out now are trying to define themselves with true purpose.  KDC came out in a time when everyone was trying to be the king of their own altcoin and make a quick buck.  The purpose on a lot of those coins was to tie themselves to some kind of name.  Take things like tittiecoin and dogecoin for instance.  Doge found huge support, and through it, purpose.  As did some of the others.  That being said, though, look at the coins that came out around the same time as KDC.  If age was a bonus, these other coins would all have the same advantage, wouldn't they?

For me, KDC had a clear purpose when it was accepted for precious metals for that brief period.  That's a huge draw for a lot of independent finance types in the crypto world.  If that was a possibility again, I would say KDC would probably find its way back into the realm of usefulness.

-Fuse
Activity: 519
Listen... I've always been interested in this project.  That being said, if there was a purpose for this, then I'd be willing to spend a little time on this again.  But we need to be realists.  There are so many coins out there that are doing now what KDC did when it peaked.  Without a purpose, this is just another coin lost in time.  Find a purpose, and we'll come up with a plan.  Hell, maybe I can dig up my original plans for the revamp, and we can take another look at it.

-Fuse

legendary

-Fuse

Now were talking! I second the motion to review the original plans for the revamp. Maybe we can improve on them with some ideas that have changed the scene since then. I have a few ideas for a purpose, and I'm all about being realistic. I don't expect we will set the world on fire, but I do believe there is still a lot of good will towards KDC. Things are picking up again in crypto, and this might be a time to put some wind in the sails. If we get a few more people that are serious about helping out, it might be worth kicking the tires and see if it's worth investing some time and effort.

At last glance when we had an exchange, and a market cap of 34 BTC... That is a decent starting point to build from.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/klondikecoin/
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
Enough whining already, old coins and a dead and useless ...
Even the trash like topia do not take, digging more and go further ...
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.

-Fuse
but first i want to buy some coins  Grin
legendary
maybe, i just say maybe, it is better instead of paying a little on every vote to accumulate some and pay at once?
also i didnt watch at the end of every vote what prices was, maybe at the end ofd some vote price was smaller?

The main thing would be to establish a new purpose for KDC, and get a plan going. For that to happen, we would need more interested people to join us.

I was thinking about some way to peg KDC to the value of Bitcoin (Digital Gold). Or to gold and Bitcoin. With the value of Bitcoin on the move, this is a good time to gain interest for alt-coins.
So the other main thing that would have to happen if we are going to get anywhere would be to get Fuse interested in this project again.

Meanwhile, maybe we should try to contact someone at Cryptopia and see what needs to be done to get listed. Just getting back on an exchange, and having a mining pool would bring back some people.
maybe, i just say maybe, it is better instead of paying a little on every vote to accumulate some and pay at once?
also i didnt watch at the end of every vote what prices was, maybe at the end ofd some vote price was smaller?
legendary
last coin added is pay about 1+ btc? that is a too much for couple people to pay

Completely agree. I think it's too much to pay period. But I'm hoping if we keep coming up towards the top few coins that they will add us.

I believe it is worth a try. Another way to look at it is there are tons of completely useless coins on Cryptopia. I mean coins that wouldn't interest me for any reason, ever.
KDC still has more going on than most of them, even in hibernation. So I will continue to make small donations and make sure someone knows we aren't going away. Maybe they will take the hint.  Grin
last coin added is pay about 1+ btc? that is a too much for couple people to pay
legendary
anyone want to sell kdc? i pay 1 satoshi  Smiley

At the current price I don't see a reason to sell any KDC. If we can get listed during the current BTC rally I see a chance of getting this coin rolling again. As Fuse said, we need a purpose. Shouldn't be too difficult to come up with a plan that gives KDC a reason to exist. I like that it is a Scrypt coin, and has a very limited supply.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/klondikecoin/
anyone want to sell kdc? i pay 1 satoshi  Smiley
legendary
i have multiple copys of entire blockchain and it all stop at same block, also i sync from scratch on 2 PC's and still i get the same

This is why we need to get listed on Cryptopia. A new place to mine, and trade KDC.
Pages:
Jump to: